Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Asiina posted:

Quid is town.

Is this....based on my posting history? Did you day cop me? what is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

Quid is a very helpful scum hunter when town, so I'd like to keep him around unless he slips and gives us a good reason not to.

This is a weird post. Do you know I am not on your scum team, Pmach, but you are setting up a push on me later cause you know I am an easy target?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

This is an old meta. Quid basically doesn't play anymore.

If he sees this and gets upset and posts a bunch to prove me wrong, then I'll consider it a net positive.

I am upset!!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Quidthulhu posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

Not liking this at all. Looks like a "float a vote that can be perceived either way and see how it lands," and then the backoff saying "well I wanted to gauge YOUR reaction."

This is a little overly explained, Podima, all our posts right now are gauging reactions. Why would you need to explain this.

Hand-wringing is Pod's meta, I didn't find this scummy.

Glad you're posting quid :)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
No. I'm talking Canadians. You jumped in all of a sudden and pushed me for opinions, and I appreciate that behavior. I was quasi lurking out of nervousness because my town game is a really easy lunch (gently caress, check out day 1 of Ecco's ongoing game, and my flip). Anyway you pushed me for opinions on it mostly worked until I was nightkilled.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Typos and clumsy writing. Mobile. Sorry.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

can we all just not bring up canadians :C

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

"Quid is a valuable town member"

*brings up the game that I singlehandedly lost for town*

:argh:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Giants are down 2-1 and I haven't even posted taunting things in the GDT with EYBS images, this is silly to be doing now :v:

See. I told you all Quid would know why I voted him!

And it's not silly cause the Cubs should have won that game. But we couldn't push extra runs across when we got the chances and the Maddon made some weird bullpen moves.

It was a hell of a game though even though the good guys lost.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Canadaland was difficult for all parties involved, it's true.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
See TMM up there? What an easy lunch he should have been!

No read on him yet though. Not a solid read on anybody, really.

gently caress day one i hate it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
pm me if you have objections to moving up the deadline to tomorrow evening. you can discuss it in the thread but I will not take those posts into consideration.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Ah, ##unvote my joke vote on PMush. I'd love to hear more from her, anyway.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm dumb busy tomorrow evening west coast style. I'm cool with deadline moving, but that's just a fact and depending on the timing I can pop in, but I may not be too useful for hammer.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My bones hurt and i can't get my hair to not look dumb

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Snooze Cruise posted:

Believe in the power of good hair and the spirit of Steve will come upon you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Steve is so cool and good

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

pm me if you have objections to moving up the deadline to tomorrow evening. you can discuss it in the thread but I will not take those posts into consideration.

I'm good either way. I generally prefer earlier deadlines. But this day has been pretty slow so far.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Snooze Cruise posted:

You could shave it all off. That's what I do.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think that is opposite of what i want to do

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidthulhu posted:

Would it have made you feel better if he had said "it's a jokevote?" Isn't that basically what he said? This seems like a stupid point to be jumping on, and you're not even, like, doubling down on it here, which is hella suspicious to me.

no because he didn't say it was a jokevote and it wasn't obvious?

Seems weird for you to rehash this since i have already pretty much said i didn't care.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

no because he didn't say it was a jokevote and it wasn't obvious?

Seems weird for you to rehash this since i have already pretty much said i didn't care.

This is a weakass response. Don't like. Hurming all up in here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a weakass response. Don't like. Hurming all up in here.

oh here we go again with bulldog quid latching on to absolutely nothing.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

oh here we go again with bulldog quid latching on to absolutely nothing.

You do this in every game. I don't think you're helpful as town and it's impossible to determine your alignment because you just spend all your time taunting and insulting those who find your posts scummy. Because of this, you are my D1 lynch. ##vote cpig

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

You do this in every game. I don't think you're helpful as town and it's impossible to determine your alignment because you just spend all your time taunting and insulting those who find your posts scummy. Because of this, you are my D1 lynch. ##vote cpig

This is a scummy post.

##vote BK

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, poo poo, there goes jokephase.

I'm very much against a policy lynch of anyone who isn't named Harold Krell.

Why are you so sure CPig will stay ineffective based on his D1 play, BK? You seemed perfectly okay with him in Vig8. Cough cough.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

CapitalistPig (2): Poison Mushroom, BottleKnight
Quidthulhu (1): TMMadman
fiery_valkyrie (1): SirSamVimes
TMMadman (1): King Burgundy, Asiina, King Burgundy
BottleKnight (1): Podima, Podima, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
Poison Mushroom (0): Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine

Not Voting (7): CapitalistPig, DickBastardly, fiery_valkyrie, Podima, Propaganda Machine, Quidthulhu, Snooze Cruise

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 12th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
no complaints so i moved up the deadline :spooky: have at you then!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

BottleKnight posted:

So he's your D1 vote because you don't like his play style? Isn't it a little bit early to be throwing in the towel on finding scum today?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

BottleKnight posted:

What? Lol.
Its early in day 1 and quid is doing the thing where he gets overzealous and finds the stupidest things scummy.

This seems like quite the overreaction to that.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, poo poo, there goes jokephase.

I'm very much against a policy lynch of anyone who isn't named Harold Krell.

Why are you so sure CPig will stay ineffective based on his D1 play, BK? You seemed perfectly okay with him in Vig8. Cough cough.

That game has really cemented it. I've been thinking this since the soldiers game. I wasn't in his thread, but I read it.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So he's your D1 vote because you don't like his play style? Isn't it a little bit early to be throwing in the towel on finding scum today?

If someone just insults people and doesn't hunt scum in every game, they shouldn't be excused due to meta. If Cpig puts in an effort to hunt scum and not just taunt those voting for him, I'll reconsider.

I'm glad we're having this discussion though.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

BottleKnight posted:

That game has really cemented it. I've been thinking this since the soldiers game. I wasn't in his thread, but I read it.

If someone just insults people and doesn't hunt scum in every game, they shouldn't be excused due to meta. If Cpig puts in an effort to hunt scum and not just taunt those voting for him, I'll reconsider.

Yep, you got me, I just insult everyone.

I just never do anything else in any post of any mafia game.

Sure am glad you are here to set the record straight BK.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

BottleKnight posted:

Why are you glad this discussion is happening? No one's opinions have changed so far, what makes it feel productive?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Why are you glad this discussion is happening? No one's opinions have changed so far, what makes it feel productive?

What in the world does this have to do with scum hunting.

Cpig is not contributing, sure, BK is using a playstyle argument to justify a vote and is basically shooting in the dark and that's dumb, but neither of those things are necessarily scum motivated. I cannot see a town motivated reason why Pmush is trying to further derail us into this discussion. What are you going to learn about Cpig's alignment by him answering this question, Pmush?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like Quid. I don't like SSV.

##vote ssv

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Maybe instead of coming in and engaging with the only off topic post that has happened in a while, you talk about content, hmmm?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

votes without giving reasons are cool and good imo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I also have extremely tentative good feelings about Madman given his reaction to my votes on Quid and him.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

votes without giving reasons are cool and good imo

Gotta pad my postcount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm watching the Cubs game right now. If it goes less than 5 hours (and it seems like it will) then I'll post some hot takes before I go to bed.

Also, screw you Quid! :argh:

My vote stays there for now, but it IS a joke vote and based purely on baseball stuff

• Locked thread