Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

SirSamVimes posted:

votes without giving reasons are cool and good imo

She just gave a reason. I know you guys were on top of each other with your posts, but you just did what she said you were doing. Can you give an opinion on any of the discussions right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I'm not sure what to make of this new angry short post Asiina, Big Brother 2 broke her apparently.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also Go Giants!!!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CapitalistPig posted:

Yep, you got me, I just insult everyone.

I just never do anything else in any post of any mafia game.

Sure am glad you are here to set the record straight BK.

You don't do it in every post, and I never said you did, but you already said TMM was doing something dumb and pointless and taunted Quidnose when he said you did something scummy. You spend most games as scum or town on the defense, chiding people. This isn't personal.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Why are you glad this discussion is happening? No one's opinions have changed so far, what makes it feel productive?

I don't really think any good, meaningful scumhunting happens D1. It's all shots in the dark. So getting deeper calls and conversations that aren't just cases (that I think people are much more trained to fake as scum) are overall good for town.

Quidthulhu posted:

What in the world does this have to do with scum hunting.

Cpig is not contributing, sure, BK is using a playstyle argument to justify a vote and is basically shooting in the dark and that's dumb, but neither of those things are necessarily scum motivated. I cannot see a town motivated reason why Pmush is trying to further derail us into this discussion. What are you going to learn about Cpig's alignment by him answering this question, Pmush?

I'm shooting in the dark regardless dude, I'm basically using a modified ecco gambit.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I wasn't even attacking you, why are you coming in and defending yourself.

Lotta people acting weirdly scummy this game. TMM is the voice of reason at the moment and I find that weird as poo poo.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Lotta people acting weirdly scummy this game. TMM is the voice of reason at the moment and I find that weird as poo poo.

You were saying something accurate but I thought you were representing my intentions inaccurately.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quidthulhu posted:

She just gave a reason. I know you guys were on top of each other with your posts, but you just did what she said you were doing. Can you give an opinion on any of the discussions right now?

Oh I somehow didn't realise that second post was talking about me. I don't really have any opinions yet. :shrug:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

BottleKnight posted:

I don't really think any good, meaningful scumhunting happens D1. It's all shots in the dark. So getting deeper calls and conversations that aren't just cases (that I think people are much more trained to fake as scum) are overall good for town.

quote:

I'm shooting in the dark regardless dude, I'm basically using a modified ecco gambit.
Intellectually, I approve of both of these thoughts, but they contradict each other. You want to get rid of CPig for not being productive, but you admit you're not being productive.

Also, since jokephase appears to be over, let's go ahead and ##unvote.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

SirSamVimes (1): Asiina
Quidthulhu (1): TMMadman
fiery_valkyrie (1): SirSamVimes
CapitalistPig (1): Poison Mushroom, BottleKnight, Poison Mushroom
BottleKnight (1): Podima, Podima, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
TMMadman (0): King Burgundy, Asiina, King Burgundy, Asiina
Poison Mushroom (0): Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine

Not Voting (8): CapitalistPig, DickBastardly, fiery_valkyrie, Podima, Poison Mushroom, Propaganda Machine, Quidthulhu, Snooze Cruise

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 12th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 hours, 58 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I won't be here for deadline.

I mean, I might be, but if I make it home it'll be like 5 minutes before, so no promises.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##unvote I'll be around for deadline hopefully I'll have an opinion by then

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Intellectually, I approve of both of these thoughts, but they contradict each other. You want to get rid of CPig for not being productive, but you admit you're not being productive.

Also, since jokephase appears to be over, let's go ahead and ##unvote.

I see what you mean, and that makes sense. I'm voting more based on meta, and the fact that his meta doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

My bigger thought here is whether your (the proverbial your) play is 'helpful to town' in which I think mine is.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

I see what you mean, and that makes sense. I'm voting more based on meta, and the fact that his meta doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

My bigger thought here is whether your (the proverbial your) play is 'helpful to town' in which I think mine is.
I think I see what you're actually getting at here.

You don't really expect CPig to get lynched D1, do you?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

BottleKnight posted:

You spend most games as scum or town on the defense, chiding people. This isn't personal.

I'm basically using a modified ecco gambit.

I cut down your post to the points I thought were relevant.

First point, if someone behaves in a certain way as both scum AND town then that is literally the worst reason to stick a vote on them.

Second point, I think this is lame and pointless and basically just an excuse to get out of having to put an actual effort into playing. Can you spend the next 24 hours actually playing, and then if you still think you can't identify someone as scum you can gambit then instead?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quidthulhu posted:

Which post/s do you see TMM being the voice of reason? All I see is a lot of chat about sport. I think your opinion on TMM is a real stretch here.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think I see what you're actually getting at here.

You don't really expect CPig to get lynched D1, do you?

I don't see what that has to do with anything. I'm voting with my heart.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I cut down your post to the points I thought were relevant.

First point, if someone behaves in a certain way as both scum AND town then that is literally the worst reason to stick a vote on them.

Second point, I think this is lame and pointless and basically just an excuse to get out of having to put an actual effort into playing. Can you spend the next 24 hours actually playing, and then if you still think you can't identify someone as scum you can gambit then instead?

1. No.

2. No. I mean, I'll be playing and conversing, but I'm not gonna commit to casing people unless I find someone scummy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hm, never mind then. I was hoping BK was pushing this case specifically because it'd polarize and bring up reactions.

Knowing it's a happy accident doesn't make me feel great about this vote push.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote

Quid knows why. When I come down from my high in a bit I'll give some reads.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote TMM gently caress TMM, gently caress the Cubs, gently caress the Giants bullpen

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

##unvote

Quid knows why. When I come down from my high in a bit I'll give some reads.

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote TMM gently caress TMM, gently caress the Cubs, gently caress the Giants bullpen

:laffo:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Which post/s do you see TMM being the voice of reason? All I see is a lot of chat about sport. I think your opinion on TMM is a real stretch here.

He's less the voice of reason as he is not acting totally scummy like always but maybe I'm just being blinded by the fact that I knew what he was talking about so it wasn't scummy to me. I guess him being obstinant and not wanting to reveal anything is actually par for the course for him.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

He's less the voice of reason as he is not acting totally scummy like always but maybe I'm just being blinded by the fact that I knew what he was talking about so it wasn't scummy to me. I guess him being obstinant and not wanting to reveal anything is actually par for the course for him.

Well to be fair, I didn't want to reveal it because I felt it would be better if it came straight from you since you obviously had to know why I voted.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Quidthulhu posted:

Is Tim Lincecum why you can't have nice things?

Actual content: I have no idea what to make of all this mudslinging meta policy voting casing stuff. These are a lot of strangely strong opinions for D1.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I agree with this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

He hasn't really done anything yet that means anything to the rest of us.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

I don't see what that has to do with anything. I'm voting with my heart.

1. No.

2. No. I mean, I'll be playing and conversing, but I'm not gonna commit to casing people unless I find someone scummy.

I love that you answered no to point 2, when your description is basically the essence of actually playing.

Still totally disagreeing with you on point 1.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hey FV,

You have any alignment thoughts yet? I've noticed you seem to be pushing other people to play without saying much outside that.

Like this post comes when you yourself hadn't really said anything yet:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Do you have any thoughts relevant to the game? You've wasted a lot of words making a joke vote and then defending it.

Which seems a bit weird to me.

And your posts against BK, I agree with, but you don't seem to be doing anything there but telling him how to play, without making any kind of judgement about how you feel about his alignment.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

BottleKnight posted:

You don't do it in every post, and I never said you did, but you already said TMM was doing something dumb and pointless and taunted Quidnose when he said you did something scummy. You spend most games as scum or town on the defense, chiding people. This isn't personal.

So let me get this straight, not even 10 hours into the game, I made a passing comment about what did not appear to be a jokevote to me, and quid, in the first wee hours of jokephase started getting all bulldog serious and i called him out on it now somehow equates to me throwing insults?

TMM admitted it was a joke which by definition is dumb and pointless.

And that somehow means im scum?

Well my friend, prepare for ACTUAL insults.

You are an idiot and your vote and whole reason for making it are stupid.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Hey FV,

You have any alignment thoughts yet? I've noticed you seem to be pushing other people to play without saying much outside that.

Like this post comes when you yourself hadn't really said anything yet:

Which seems a bit weird to me.

And your posts against BK, I agree with, but you don't seem to be doing anything there but telling him how to play, without making any kind of judgement about how you feel about his alignment.

Not really. I'm commenting on stuff that interests me, but wouldn't say I really feel strongly one way or another about anyone yet.

My feeling on BK is probably town because he's doing something stupid and drawing a lot of attention from it but not backing down. I'm mostly just harassing him on that because he's been playing long enough to be a better player than that.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

No.

CapitalistPig posted:

Thanks.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

So let me get this straight, not even 10 hours into the game, I made a passing comment about what did not appear to be a jokevote to me, and quid, in the first wee hours of jokephase started getting all bulldog serious and i called him out on it now somehow equates to me throwing insults?

TMM admitted it was a joke which by definition is dumb and pointless.

I thought you were trying to be nice?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

My feeling on BK is probably town because he's doing something stupid and drawing a lot of attention from it but not backing down. I'm mostly just harassing him on that because he's been playing long enough to be a better player than that.
Would throwing his hands up and letting go of the CPig vote be more or less scummy?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hm, never mind then. I was hoping BK was pushing this case specifically because it'd polarize and bring up reactions.

Knowing it's a happy accident doesn't make me feel great about this vote push.

I don't like you viewing the value of a case as only whether it succeeds in getting people to vote a certain way. I don't think it's scummy, because I do understand that it is a mafia skill to get people to vote with you when you think you're right. But I don't really care if my case leads to a lynch on D1 or not. I only care that I posted what I think is a good lynch.

But, second, I really don't like your "I have a bad feeling about this" way of hedgey alignment posting.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Not really. I'm commenting on stuff that interests me, but wouldn't say I really feel strongly one way or another about anyone yet.

Hmmm, ok.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Do you think lurker lynches are bad f_v?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Would throwing his hands up and letting go of the CPig vote be more or less scummy?

I don't know.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

Generally, yes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

I thought you were trying to be nice?

That was just the one game

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

If you don't think I am scum why are you voting me? Isn't that the whole point of the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

Are you equating your Cpig vote to a lurker cuddle?

• Locked thread