Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

pillsburysoldier posted:

When do y'all play Notre Dame?

2018, unless we all play in a bowl game like Ohio State did last year. Which, you know....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

So now I think it's more likely than not that Gus Malzahn keeps his job. Vandy and a cupcake get us to a bowl; Bama is a loss but I would hope to earn one more between Arkansas, @Ole Miss and @Georgia with a nonzero chance of stealing another if we catch somebody on a bad day. That'd be seven or eight wins with a bowl for an eighth or ninth. That should suffice in a year where there will likely be at least two more attractive jobs open, and that number could grow. He won't be any more secure next year -- especially if the new president pushes Jay Jacobs out -- but barring a disaster I don't see a reason to move now.

I don't know why this popped into my head -- does anybody remember a B10 game from two or three years ago, early part of the season, early in the day, I think two relatively hapless teams like Illinois and Minnesota, where they both got into the 50s or 60s of them and we all went crazy in the GDT? Just curious what game I'm half-remembering.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Will GT improve on their record from last year? Maybe if they unfuck themselves and approach GA Southern with respect and Duke and Virginia continue to gently caress themselves.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm still impressed at the renovation they did in the Miami stadium. That place looks really nice.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Mizzou didn't play "football" this weekend and the world is better for it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

bvlah posted:

Hey everyone! Notre Dame lost again!

Yo BK, calling for 25+ passes in a goddamn hurricane where it was pretty obvious passing wouldn't work after 5 minutes is atrocious

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wandler20 posted:

I'm still impressed at the renovation they did in the Miami stadium. That place looks really nice.

I'm glad Uncle Luke and Tim Brewster are so tight because their twitter rapport is the poo poo

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I just caught the rant of Herbstreit making GBS threads all over Texas this morning and good lord it was glorious. Strong should just throw his stuff in a box, take a poo poo on the desk, and give the finger to everyone in Austin on the way out.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

CannonFodder posted:

Will GT improve on their record from last year? Maybe if they unfuck themselves and approach GA Southern with respect and Duke and Virginia continue to gently caress themselves.

Yeah, I really don't see us dropping all three of those games. VT might be a blowout but I think UNC and UGA will be competitive, at least. My prediction is 6 wins in the regular season and I'd be shocked if we got below 5.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Rutgers has many enemies.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo

CannonFodder posted:

There's nothing to unfuck, the players just aren't good enough and the playcalling turns to poo poo right at the most crucial moments.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I'm going to need to take some time to process that. Offense sucked plain and simple.

Those refs were complete trash and came close to starting a riot. Fsu got away with a bad hold on their TD before ours which got called back. That targeting call was atrocious.

Can't leave it in the hands of the refs and Richt got out coached. Our oline should have to hitchhike home.

Crowd was a lot of fun and the place was rocking though.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Paul Johnson's 4th down calls are always good for a laugh. Pitt bullshitted their way to a tie game(and the win), the odds are really good GT would have won in OT but instead of punting it on 4th at their own 34 he fails to pick up the 1st and Pitt gets a chipshot to win it.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Crotch Bat posted:

I just caught the rant of Herbstreit making GBS threads all over Texas this morning and good lord it was glorious. Strong should just throw his stuff in a box, take a poo poo on the desk, and give the finger to everyone in Austin on the way out.

oh no our dumb coach that cant coach or hire assistants that can will leave, the humanity

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Rose Bowl had some sort of curse over it that destroyed everyone involved.

That said Iowa won a big bronze pig today, so it was a good day. Eat poo poo, Gophers.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yo BK, calling for 25+ passes in a goddamn hurricane where it was pretty obvious passing wouldn't work after 5 minutes is atrocious
Burning his last two timeouts when it was mathematically impossible to get the ball back, in a hurricane, was a supreme dick move.

Only thing worse would be to send up a GA in a scissor lift during pregame warmups.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

It should cause me extra pain to see Michigan dominate when MSU makes me want to kill myself this year, but loving :lol:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

dphi posted:

Duck fan here, at least we're not Rutgers?

This is true, they kept it way closer against Washington than y'all did

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Congratulations again to Texas a&m for barely managing a 2OT win against a team that gave them the ball 8 times.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Bama

Washington
OSU
Michigan

Clemson

I could hear any arrangement for 2-4, I just have bought into Washington since the preseason. I do think Clemson isn't better than the other 4, though.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Crotch Bat posted:

Bama

Washington
OSU
Michigan

Clemson

I could hear any arrangement for 2-4, I just have bought into Washington since the preseason. I do think Clemson isn't better than the other 4, though.

Realistically, there's your playoff teams, minus whomever loses between Michigan and OSU, barring an upset.

If Washington plays the Big Ten winner, mandatory move to the Rose Bowl, as God intended.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Is BYU good or do we have have a shot in hell to give State a game next week

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

Realistically, there's your playoff teams, minus whomever loses between Michigan and OSU, barring an upset.

If Washington plays the Big Ten winner, mandatory move to the Rose Bowl, as God intended.

Agreed. There's 2-3 teams who could make things interesting but I'd probably wait another month before having that talk.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV still bad, won't ever be good, nothing new under the sun, we're all one day closer to our deaths

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

R.D. Mangles posted:

Michigan State will overlook the Northwestern Wildcat out of frustration, and it will lead to an upset

Northwestern 20, Michigan State 9

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

If Northwestern's spirit animal is the lowly dung beetle, we may very well be the dung.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Today was a good day. SDSU wins, Houston loses, and our dead NY6 Bowl hopes are back on life support. We'll have to run the table and beat a (hopefully) undefeated and ranked Boise State in the MWCCG, and hope Houston loses to Louisville, but there's still a chance.

Pumphrey is still real good even if he had his worst game of the season and only got 140 yards

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Cougs!

:unsmith:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
The Washington State Cougars are rad.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
If we ever get it together for four quarters this tram could really be something special. Glad to see the run game improving, and loving the show the defense puts on week after week. Roll Tide!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

The past two years they've had trouble building up steam against the early opponent from FCS but then become dangerous in conference play.

ur in my world now posted:

The Washington State Cougars are rad.

Yes, they are.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Looking at the stats, tonight's game is worse in nearly everything than last year's game lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I would enjoy it if Texas won more often, but the 3 quarters I got to see were fun nonetheless.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
COUGS BITCH

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol

https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB/status/784998187119501312

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lessail posted:

Looking at the stats, tonight's game is worse in nearly everything than last year's game lol

You had zero penalties! That was good.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Brockenstein posted:

gently caress the world

I'm sad yall lost both because a nonP5 in the playoffs would be great and because there's even less than a zero percent chance Herman stays

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Our game was bad and ugly but so is Trevor knight so who knows what the world'll be like when he's fired graduates

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Everyone is losing so Boise is gonna blunder into the playoffs only to get smashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:lol: holy poo poo

• Locked thread