Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Good week for the Gators. Any word on Del Rio's return?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

The past two years they've had trouble building up steam against the early opponent from FCS but then become dangerous in conference play.

ur in my world now posted:

The Washington State Cougars are rad.

Yes, they are.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

VT posted their worst D ever under Foster last year.

This year through 5 games:

#1 pass efficiency D
#2 pass D
#17 rushing D
#3 total D
#10 scoring D
#1 1st down D
#2 3rd down D

The last time VT's D posted a historically bad year(2003, then the worst under Foster), he retooled his approach and VT went 5 or 6 years a row in the top 10. He's so ridiculously good at adapting to the game around him and now he has an O around him that takes advantage of the gifts his D presents. It must feel like a dream to him.

It must feel great for him not to be left out to dry every week. Now that the offense is competent, his defense can shine.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

It's 2016 and the ACC is the best conference in the country. What a world.

Getting a little ahead of yourself, aren't you? ACC's definitely looking better but with Virginia sitting second in its division I think we ought to see how things shake out.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

I don't think it's an indisputable statement but a lot of people still have bad attitudes about the ACC based off where the conference was 10-15 years ago and it's simply not the same anymore. It's a really good, deep conference and with renewed success at stalwart programs like VT and Miami, new success at UNC, Wake, Pitt, Louisville. and continued success from Clemson and FSU it should continue being a good conference.

They've gotten serious about paying top dollar for coaches and facilities. The results show.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Mike VI's first game as LSU's live mascot.

Never forget!

Shame about the tiger. I visited the old enclosure back in 2003 or so. Awesome animal. Different one, I assume, but the point stands.

Re: Tebow — he left Gainesville as a 1st round draft pick with two NCG rings and a Heisman Trophy. He's fine. These days, he's saving people through the power of prayer:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/11/report-tim-tebow-saves-fan-from-seizure-after-laying-his-hands-on-him-and-praying/

Do you keep the Saban_muscle_photos folder on your desktop, or do you hide it somewhere deep within your C:\ drive where your wife won't find it?

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 12, 2016

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Duckaerobics posted:

Is he drinking a glass of milk, or is that some weird trick of light? Please tell me he orders milk to drink at restaurants.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/09/jim_harbaugh_promotes_milk_but.html

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/jim-harbaugh-milk

quote:

“We refuse to drink the candy-rear end skim milk,” [Harbaugh] said.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

I want to do a gallon challenge with Harbaugh.

Do people manage to keep a gallon down? Seems like a miserable experience even if you "win" the competition. Like watching a Muschamp team win.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Raku posted:

They're tattooed on my body

im aj mccarron

So this isn't you, then.

He tucked the Heisman in between the boobs.

I was going to say something, but didn't.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

swickles posted:

The shittiest Avenger.

The taciturn, useless-skill guy.

Scionix posted:

2 ppl legit fell for the "you're" ayyyyy lmao

When I see a you're error I'm triggered and my rational brain shuts down.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

George H.W. oval office posted:

When is Spurrier and Mack gonna join forces and become the best announcing crew?

Seaniqua posted:

I need this in my life

You're going to get Jesse Palmer and you're going to like it.

Third and California!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Spintzel posted:

Miss State is cool when they upset Ole Miss every once in a while.

But also they get relevant when every few weeks their players get in trouble for purposefully trying to hurt other players but that's just Dan Mullen coaching

Dan Mullen makes $4,000,000/year. I remember when you had to be a Charlie Weis-tier coach to earn that much money.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Stunt Rock posted:

At this point the only way he doesn't get fired is if he beats Ole Miss.

It's a rough year, but they lost Dak Prescott. You may be right but I think he should get another year.

LeeMajors posted:

Hippos are goddamned terrifying.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

That 30 lb gain in muscle over the offseason was probably hard work

That poo poo is everywhere. My high school had football and baseball players on roids twenty years ago. I am surprised that more people aren't caught.

Thoguh posted:

ISU is due for a letdown so I don't expect a win at all this weekend but if Iowa State does beat Texas this weekend do you think Charlie Strong gets fired before or after his postgame press conference?

I don't think they'd announce it so early in the year. Didn't the AD just give Strong a vote of confidence?

We all know ISU fans were born to suffer, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Lasagna Pilot posted:

On the flip side UF's road games next year are South Carolina, Kentucky, and Mizzou.

Too bad they play Michigan at a neutral site and probably still won't be any good though.

Maybe people will finally shut the gently caress up about Florida not playing OOC outside of Florida, as though the FSU rivalry game every season is a cakewalk.

Strength of schedule is going to be sky high for Florida next year:

OOC: Michigan and Florida State
Conference: Tennessee, LSU, Texas A&M, Georgia

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Maxwells Demon posted:

No, the particularness of the joke isn't whether they play tough teams or not, it's the specific fact they haven't played OOC out of state for what seems like decades.

When Florida State and Miami are in-state OOC games, it seems forgivable. Although, I'll be the first to compliment the decision to mix it up and go to Dallas. Instead of a boring mid-major coming to Gainesville, I'm all in favor of a P5 home-and-away to start seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Joe Sherman didn't live to see Clemson apologize for the terrible sin of wearing sombreros while serving Mexican food in the dining halls.

• Locked thread