Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Noctone posted:

Nebraska straight up crushed BYE this weekend, their ascent up the rankings continues.

Gotta wait for the Sunday morning county jail inmate roster to come out before you can claim victory over BYE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News: For the second week in a row, Iowa State totally shut down in the fourth quarter and gave up a multi-touchdown lead.

Views: God drat it.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Highly important Thoguh Playoff Projections update.

Week 1: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 2: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 3: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 4: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 5: Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington

Week 6 Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington

Other teams that control their own destiny:
  • Michigan - win out and they're in instead of Ohio State
  • Nebraska - Don't laugh, if they win out they're in over Ohio State/Michigan
  • Utah - win out and they're in instead of Washington
  • Arizona State - win out and they're in over Washington/Utah
  • Texas A&M - Win out and they're in over Alabama
  • Tennessee - Win out and they're in over Bama/A&M
  • Virginia Tech - This one is a little tenuous but they probably take Clemson's place vs. just knocking Clemson out if they win out.

There are three other undefeated teams (WVU, Baylor, Boise) but I think they need to win out and have Washington or Clemson lose to have a chance. And even then it might not be a sure thing over a Pac-12 Champ Utah. And Houston still has a shot but they need to beat Louisville handily, have Oklahoma keeps winning, and have nobody escape the Pac without 2 losses.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

PostNouveau posted:

The real victory here is that you're still able to feel pain over losses. UT's become, like, middling-to-lovely for 6 years and losses are starting to just roll off my back like water off a duck. But Iowa State has sucked for, rough estimate here, the entire existence of the program, and you're still like "Aw gently caress we lost!!!" It's impressive.

When wins come so rarely seeing them slip through the team's fingers like this two weeks in a row stings.

Plus I don't know whether this means we're turning the corner or if this is just another glimpse of false hope like so many times before.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Noctone posted:

i'm sure in your heart you know the truth thoguh

:smith:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thermos H Christ posted:

Hey so for some reason Texas fans are talking about Tom Herman a lot lately and I've seen it claimed a couple times that ISU fans were less than thrilled with him as OC. What say you, Thoguh, bullshit or troof?

It's true, though as MourningView pointed out in retrospect a lot of the struggles were probably really Rhoads fault. Though that said he still seemed to do a bad job adjusting to a situation where his players weren't generally more talented than the guys on the other side of the line, a situation he hasn't really faced elsewhere and wouldn't face at Texas.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Real Name Grover posted:

Tennessee stayed put despite losing (and they probably should have)

Remember when Tennessee went to overtime against App State in week one? I guess the voters don't.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

General Dog posted:

By all accounts it worked, but it seems weird that it took adding Rutgers to get the BTN on those carriers in New York, or rather, that if the combined following of the existing Big Ten wasn't enough that Rutgers was able to put them over the top.

Don't Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State's combined followers in New York probably dwarf Rutgers'? Or are the cable providers just really dumb

They get to charge a lot more per subscriber if they have a school in the area. For the latest I can find it's about $0.40/subscriber outside the home markets of Big Ten teams and about $1.00/subscriber in those markets. Combine that with being on basic cable and the Big Ten is getting $12 /year from every single cable subscriber in the midwest and most of the northeast.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DJExile posted:

Spencer did one at the start of the season I think but yeah he's largely left it alone since spur dog retired.

Should replace it with "Sprugin' rear end Harbaugh"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Noctone posted:

err, by what metric?

Eye test.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

Yeah, I really don't remember much about ISU other than they mostly sucked but Seneca Wallace did things.

So you're basically already on the same page as every ISU fan then. Welcome to the fold!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News: Iowa State is a perfect 18-18 for scoring in the red zone this season, but has only won one game.

Views: Sounds about right.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Henchman of Santa posted:

I didn't realize before listening to this week's Fullcast that Notre Dame has the worst record in Indiana, but that brings me great joy.

I get legitimate pleasure every time a "storied" program fails to be bowl eligible.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

single-mode fiber posted:

Sure, but, what if, instead if sign language, we teach the gorilla how to kill?

What if the gorilla knows Kung fu?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

pillsburysoldier posted:

Oregon’s Cam Hunt: 30-40% of team “don’t care if we win or lose.” Via Eugene Register-Guard.

But the important question that needs to be answered is "are they having fun?"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'd be willing to be the public face of a failed college football team for like, half that.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
ISU is due for a letdown so I don't expect a win at all this weekend but if Iowa State does beat Texas this weekend do you think Charlie Strong gets fired before or after his postgame press conference?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Spintzel posted:

Surprised Alabama hadn't claimed that year already

Who won the Piggly Wiggly title in 1945?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
If Iowa could go ahead and lose to Purdue so I can score good seats at Kinnick for less than face next weekend that'd be awesome. I'd appreciate you doing me a solid, Ferentz.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The Glumslinger posted:

Man, I feel like I've barely paid attention to CFB this year. drat election stealing all of my shitposting time

Gotta hone your shitposting skills in the doldrums of the offseason and then come back to TFF once fall camp starts.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Duke/Louisville has been a good first quarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Wanna see 3rd and 50 for Clemson

• Locked thread