Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
was that taguchi as red death mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Just finished watching. Thought it was one of the best overall shows of the year. I liked just about everything. KOR/Shibata, Goto/Omega, Okada/Marafuji were all fantastic. Jr. Tag and the NOAH 8-man were super fun. Even GoD stepped up and had a fun, heated match.

It helped that the crowd was incredible all night too. Liked having some partisan NOAH fans there too to give the 8-man and main event a different feel.

I'm probably preaching to the wrong thread here but this show is REALLY worth going out of your way to watch.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Finally got all the show in. O'Reilly/Shibata was completely my poo poo. Hopefully the post-match stuff means a full time move to heavyweight for reDRagon.

Kenny Omega is going to die from a Japanese table.

That main event was loving insane. My eyes were bugged out for basically the last five minutes straight. My logical brain said no way Marufuji wins but they had me so caught up by those nearfalls. I really hope this isn't that last of Marufuji in NJPW because I can't be bothered to watch NOAH and I need his kicks and chops in my life.

Wrestle Kingdom is looking to be awesome, especially now that the main event is explicitly being positioned as a war between Japanese and American wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That main event was loving insane. My eyes were bugged out for basically the last five minutes straight. My logical brain said no way Marufuji wins but they had me so caught up by those nearfalls. I really hope this isn't that last of Marufuji in NJPW because I can't be bothered to watch NOAH and I need his kicks and chops in my life.

I know I keep mentioning it but I seriously hope that people checked out the NOAH guys at ringside losing their loving minds during the match, it elevated things even higher for me.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

checksin posted:

If we can get some good screenshots then I can compare the nipples again like I did with Tiger Mask/Ibushi

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Those nearfalls were art. Even the rollup was the exact same one he used to win his first GHC title from Akiyama I think so I lost my mind for it

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

checksin posted:

Juice Robinson according to Dave in the new Observer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also per the Observer:

Tiger Mask W vs Red Death Mask - **3/4

Will Ospreay & Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi vs Adam Cole & Yujiro Takahashi & Bad Luck Fale - ***1/4

Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma & Ryusuke Taguchi & Bobby Fish vs Toru Yano & Jado & Rocky Romero & Baretta - ***

Go Shiozaki & Maybach Taniguchi & Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima & Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi - ****

Young Bucks vs Ricochet & David Finlay - ***3/4

Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa vs Mark & Jay Briscoe - ***

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal & Kushida vs Tetsuya Naito & Seiya Sanada & Evil & Bushi - ***1/4

Katsuyori Shibata vs Kyle O’Reilly - ****˝

Kenny Omega vs Hirooki Goto - ****3/4

Kazuchika Okada vs Naomichi Marufuji - ****3/4

He gave Omega/Goto and Okada/Marufuji the same ranking but said he thought Okada/Marufuji was the better match.

• Locked thread