Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Soooo do we want to actually try building a land base on gold planet?

Seems that they're not as easy to blow up as they used to be right Xanif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
If you pay close attention to the part in which I'm good at this game you will notice it doesn't exist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJaB9er4DcU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

xanif posted:

If you pay close attention to the part in which I'm good at this game you will notice it doesn't exist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJaB9er4DcU

I liked the part where you totally failed to kill a turret that you could outrange with artillery but kept parking under.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler
I was hoping my turrets would auto engage. I don't understand turret mechanics in this game

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

xanif posted:

I was hoping my turrets would auto engage. I don't understand turret mechanics in this game

Theirs worked fine.

I also like the parts where you died.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

FileNotFound posted:

Theirs worked fine.

I also like the parts where you died.

+1, would watch again just for that. :v:

The game is still really buggy. But once they fix those issues, so much good stuff in here.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

All my whining finally got me somewhere:

"Anyways I also don't want to spoiler too much but Jascha preparing a patch which nerfs Trader and boost Pirates. This meta is clearly seen by us and addressed. It should make Traders real traders and Pirates, real pirates. Stay tuned."
https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/t/current-state-of-hws-whats-coming-next/1530

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
Are you saying that on our server, being a pirate means you actually get a chance to raid a trader planet? Because we should be able to?

I kind of doubt it but that would be the dream, yes?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

goninzo posted:

Are you saying that on our server, being a pirate means you actually get a chance to raid a trader planet? Because we should be able to?

I kind of doubt it but that would be the dream, yes?

No - they cannot do that due to limitations.

But I do want to camp trader space.

I am not sure what they are planning to do. I'd like them to give pirates a way to earn RP while having stuff on PvE. That's my main beef with pirates - and i hope they add a cool down to trader OCD.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
Just got desync'd and maybe disconnected from pirate system. Now can't get back in. And I was just coloring the ship!

e: they restarted it?

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
Note, we REALLY need a replacement for the space whale. he is under armored and would lose us everything inside him in a hurry.

Someone want to start working on a decent replacement?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Can always make another Goonropa....

Edit: SPACE BASE!?

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
BTW, everyone who is in alliance and has some reputation now, Empty your inventory, please make sure to hit, and type:

FA:Supply

and CB:Yes as a response. Log out, log back in. Make sure your inventory is empty.

You will get a large stack of stuff that is helpful to our cause.

goninzo fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 25, 2016

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The whole draw of this game vs other spaceidiot games is PvP yet it's extremely hard to find it anywhere

It's more PvOffline turret you run into after 5 hours of searching

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

puberty worked me over posted:

The whole draw of this game vs other spaceidiot games is PvP yet it's extremely hard to find it anywhere

It's more PvOffline turret you run into after 5 hours of searching

That's hardly true on HWS. It's pretty easy to find PvP

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Traders like to park their vessels set to private 8km from the planet with no ammo in them.

I'm liking trader world.

(I second goonropa 2 the goonining)

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
So, as alluded to earlier, tonight we completely pwned a dude.

He had a public CV he spawned off trader world, 8k from planet. We had 3 cvs in system, slowly boated towards him together, and then just wrecked him so quick. He was in the process of transferring stuff, we think. He had two cvs, two svs, and we completely wrecked him. And then he basically was spawning repeatedly, but since he starts without gear, his only chance was to pull something out of his OCD, which he didn't.

We got something like 300 blue crystals, 8k sathium ore, 6k sathium ingots, 1k of everything else, 4k prom, and a bunch of random stuff. Overall, a good night. Was hard to get the guns to stop shooting but was fun.

On the way home, I ran into an SV, still had guns off from earlier, but one of our dudes came to the rescue and killed him, but couldn't find his backpack, so no real loot.

Local chat of traders is pretty mad at us. :v I can't wait for this happening again.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Another trader surprised to be ganked outside their homeworld...

Sadly he didn't rage at all - no loot in his CV (it had too many holes) but some junk in his backpack so that's something.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler
A carebear got stranded on m32. He spent an hour asking for a ride. Another faction agreed and they started conversing in global about where they were and where they were going. Despite protest from the community pointing out that they were going to be walking into a trap they decided to press their luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OVIGWHfJeQ

(Rap music playing so probably NSFW audio)

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I was the guy making goofy comments throughout that video. That was fun as poo poo though, we absolutely pasted those guys. It's great because at some point the carebears are going to try paying someone to go after us, or even better forming their own mob. Fun times ahead.

E: poo poo, the sound got cut out by YouTube.

S w a y z e fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 26, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Alright, managed to get onto the server and mumble.

Now to do so when people are actually on and playing :shepface:

Mined some iron, gained a bunch of levels. Now to work on the commands more.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Might need to do a cb:start after as chatbot has been flakey - it'll kick you out of the game and run the script to give you your weekly pirate package - it's mostly factory scraps except for the elite plasma cannon which is neat.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

xanif posted:

A carebear got stranded on m32. He spent an hour asking for a ride. Another faction agreed and they started conversing in global about where they were and where they were going. Despite protest from the community pointing out that they were going to be walking into a trap they decided to press their luck.

You need to replace music with this if you can - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxJrjV4PNXA

Pretty sure everyone hates us at this point - sooo as expected for a goon outfit.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler
I'm am wondering if I should post a thread on the official forums asking them to clarify what constitutes camping the warp point. We were sitting 3.4km away for that kill. Assuming an even remotely competently designed ship that's enough time to stop, refuel, and lock an egress system before even appearing within render distance. Much less radar distance.

But I think it's better to ask forgiveness rather than permission for this as long as we can prove that we weren't directly on top of the spawn in point which I can because I recorded it.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

xanif posted:

But I think it's better to ask forgiveness rather than permission for this as long as we can prove that we weren't directly on top of the spawn in point which I can because I recorded it.

That's pretty much my take. We were not sitting on top of the warp in with them within range of 3 CVs. They had some time to get away - and if the first salvo didn't kill all 3 people inside right away they could have warped out....but yeah...

It's good that we are recording as it's only a matter of time till some salty carebear runs to the admin complaining about the fact that we killed them.

Frankly I'm shocked that there isn't already a post about us camping the trader planet.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler
I was in that system for 6 hours with a single break to go back and stock up on ammo. Nobody mobilized a defense. Not alliance, not traders, not bounty hunters.

I mean, if they're not going to even attempt to defend their territory I think it would save time to have a CV based out of trader world. I keep running out of cargo box space on my CV from all the kills we get.

But we need to replace space whale. Tonight I think. A second goonropa would probably be the way to go.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

xanif posted:

I was in that system for 6 hours with a single break to go back and stock up on ammo. Nobody mobilized a defense. Not alliance, not traders, not bounty hunters.

I mean, if they're not going to even attempt to defend their territory I think it would save time to have a CV based out of trader world. I keep running out of cargo box space on my CV from all the kills we get.

But we need to replace space whale. Tonight I think. A second goonropa would probably be the way to go.

Take a BP of the built one with all the labels and stuff so we don't need to redo them

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I really miss the conveyor system of space engineers, sorting stuff and moving poo poo between containers in general is a pain in the rear end.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Spookydonut posted:

I really miss the conveyor system of space engineers, sorting stuff and moving poo poo between containers in general is a pain in the rear end.

The P menu makes it really easy for the most part. Only problem with it is that only one person can be in the menu at the same time. LCD signs did make life a bit easier as well.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

xanif posted:

Protip for moving loot like the end of this vid:

On you CV, auto-group all your poo poo and rename the cargo box group to "AAAA cargo" or something so its alphabetically first in the control panel. (naming your turret group "BAAA - turrets" is also a good Idea.)

Now when moving stuff to your ship, you can stand anywhere on it, including the exterior and just hit P, access the cargo boxes from there and drop stuff without having to go through doors/elevators or whatever over and over.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Pound_Coin posted:

Protip for moving loot like the end of this vid:

On you CV, auto-group all your poo poo and rename the cargo box group to "AAAA cargo" or something so its alphabetically first in the control panel. (naming your turret group "BAAA - turrets" is also a good Idea.)

Now when moving stuff to your ship, you can stand anywhere on it, including the exterior and just hit P, access the cargo boxes from there and drop stuff without having to go through doors/elevators or whatever over and over.

Yea, I'm replacing that ship tonight and going to set up intelligent groups on it. I was camping for hours hoping to get a fight that would kill me but never really got one. I had a brain fart and forgot about the P menu. I was too busy enjoying local chat to play intelligently towards the end there.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

FileNotFound posted:

The P menu makes it really easy for the most part. Only problem with it is that only one person can be in the menu at the same time. LCD signs did make life a bit easier as well.

Is there a way to go back to the P menu after selecting a specific block without having to close the window?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Spookydonut posted:

Is there a way to go back to the P menu after selecting a specific block without having to close the window?

Arrow button in the very top corner of the block's menu (not the take all button)

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Pound_Coin posted:

Arrow button in the very top corner of the block's menu (not the take all button)

Or just hit 'p' again. Takes you right back.

Talking with coworkers, I think a wooden pirate ship is in order with a LBP sign on it. Hopefully, some place visable and non-removable. And maybe movable.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler
I say we put the wooden pirate ship directly on top of the system warp in point. No guns on it, no anything except a wooden frame with a core and see how long it takes for the admins to tell us to stop trolling.

My money is on 72 hrs or more before we get explicitly told to stop loving with people.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

xanif posted:

I say we put the wooden pirate ship directly on top of the system warp in point. No guns on it, no anything except a wooden frame with a core and see how long it takes for the admins to tell us to stop trolling.

My money is on 72 hrs or more before we get explicitly told to stop loving with people.

Except people's guns would fire automatically.

BTW, get second goondoor going whenever we can. That light armor does nothing. :v:

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler
So if I want to upload videos to twitch/youtube I have to be listening to their list of free/pre-licensed songs while playing or any recording I take will get muted? Or play the game without music I guess /wrists

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
Just put your videos up with comms traffic, or use the approved music lists. Don't want to catch a copyright claim, you get three on youtube.

Ps. consider some editing.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Yea, it's looking like they're a distinction between the warnings that I've been getting (which block viewing in some countries or remove audio entirely) of which I got 4 for that video last night and an actual copyright claim which is just stealing something and uploading it which appears to be what that 3 strike system is for.

So it looks like I don't have any real strikes against me at this point even though it is bitching at me. I do need to get editing/set up audio so that only comms come on the video to make these more watchable but I suck at A/V stuff so we'll see what happens. This was very ad hoc because they basically said "Ok, we picked you up. We're leaving for alliance planet now" in global chat at which point I started recording.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Nerf to some of our clever designs coming up n 4.1.
http://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-experimental-4-1-0-build-673.7861/

Tweaked hitpoints on building blocks: half HP for thin compared to full blocks

This will wreck the Frig design as it's 1-2 layers of thin blocks for the most part.

At least redesigning it won't suck so much:
- Tweaked multitool: It should now be much stronger (especially multitool T2) - handle with care when using it ;-)

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 26, 2016

• Locked thread