Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I thought it was pretty sexist that the women needed "permission" to fight in HiaC.

Can you imagine that happening with the men? "Rusev, the Big Dog wants your rear end inside Hell in a Cell! But first I'll ask Mick Foley if it's OK!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
We are all living in the post-Foley Flannel Suit era and it's terrifying.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Raw is so hard to sit through these days. Outside of a few acts like new day and jericho, there's just so little going on for a 3 hour show. They really need to give the cruiserweights a full hour (just give em the 10-11 hour, the ratings are already bad so who cares) so I can just watch that.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

I thought it was pretty sexist that the women needed "permission" to fight in HiaC.

Can you imagine that happening with the men? "Rusev, the Big Dog wants your rear end inside Hell in a Cell! But first I'll ask Mick Foley if it's OK!"

If this got re-wrote so that everybody had to get special permission for that kind of grudge match from now on that would be sweet because any match that sounds as badass as "hell in a cell" needs to be sold like you are locking yourself in a cage with two guys and Satan and that is a big deal.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Raw is so hard to sit through these days. Outside of a few acts like new day and jericho, there's just so little going on for a 3 hour show. They really need to give the cruiserweights a full hour (just give em the 10-11 hour, the ratings are already bad so who cares) so I can just watch that.

Do what many people do and play a video game / pc game at the same time. Make and eat dinner. Pay all your bills. Find an easy hobby.

The biggest problem I have with cruiserweight division is other than Brian Kendrick and TJ Perkins no one has any character. It's just random dudes being sent out to have a match. I need storylines!

Jeri KO and New Day continue to be the only consistent entertaining part of Raw. I liked the dynamic of the mixed tag match of Roman/Sasha vs Rusev/Charlotte. I like random clash of personalities, of Sasha, Charlotte, Rusev, and Lana (Roman can piss off).

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Has it been thoroughly discussed that Sasha is going to break herself in HitC? Because she's totally gonna injure herself in a match like that. She's gonna be trying to "live up to" the HitC matches of the past and she's gonna go for spots she shouldn't be doing and she's gonna get hurt.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/785857079441522688

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

rotinaj posted:

Has it been thoroughly discussed that Sasha is going to break herself in HitC? Because she's totally gonna injure herself in a match like that. She's gonna be trying to "live up to" the HitC matches of the past and she's gonna go for spots she shouldn't be doing and she's gonna get hurt.
I've been thinking the same thing too. You just know she's going to perform an unnecessary high-risk move just to add on to the "legacy" of HitC

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

omg i accidentally caught up on the DVR and had to watch the last hour of RAW with all the shrieking and shilling commercials- i have no idea how anyone sits through 3+ hours of that every week

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ijii posted:

Do what many people do and play a video game / pc game at the same time. Make and eat dinner. Pay all your bills. Find an easy hobby.

This. Seriously, you can't watch RAW for three straight hours even if you were there live and in person. Write, cook, surf cat pictures, play a video game...it helps the three hours fly by, especially if you're doing something where you can stop and watch when something you actually like is unfolding.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

sticklefifer posted:

Heyyy, we actually get THREE weeks between PPVs this time! :haw:

Stop watching the dumpster fire that is Raw and you'll have 6 weeks between PPVs

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, I spent Raw playing Dragon Quest VII. I'll probably play DQ Builders tonight during Smackdown.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

CobiWann posted:

This. Seriously, you can't watch RAW for three straight hours even if you were there live and in person. Write, cook, surf cat pictures, play a video game...it helps the three hours fly by, especially if you're doing something where you can stop and watch when something you actually like is unfolding.

I usually work Monday nights so I just record it and fast forward most of the show. I can usually get raw down to an hour and 45 minutes if I'm determined.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Efexeye posted:

omg i accidentally caught up on the DVR and had to watch the last hour of RAW with all the shrieking and shilling commercials- i have no idea how anyone sits through 3+ hours of that every week

It's 1000 times worse when you use USA Now and have to listen to the same 3 minute song loop every 15 minutes during commercials like I used to.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Astro7x posted:

Stop watching the dumpster fire that is Raw and you'll have 6 weeks between PPVs

Or just watch the A-show 24 hours later even if they do weird poo poo like put the main event of the ppv on first

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

"Network" is the Rumble Presale code. Go nuts.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Either Charlotte or Sasha will be pushed off the cell into an announce table and die

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

HerraS posted:

face sasha was always bad

Good heels keep getting turned face because people 'like them too much, crowds wont cheer their opponents', but people like them for being heels so... yeah. Like the only successful Heel -> Face transition this entire year has been Heath Slater (and I guess Naomi/Nikki but all you need to change alignments as a wwe woman is to be off TV for a bit).

Maybe Face -> Heel is just immensely easier. In that category you got Charlotte, AJ and Jericho somehow during the same year they were a face tag team, Fandango, and the Usos who have all ended up better off. The only botched heel turns were from people who always sucked like Titus, Natty, and Carmella. Not sure what to categorize Bo as, somehow he turned heel while already being a heel.

Clearly it's time for heel Neville, that'll get people to notice him.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Venomous posted:

Either Charlotte or Sasha will be pushed off the cell into an announce table and die

Charlotte spiral moonsault off of the cell will be pretty.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Twist: Paige has a split personality, and one of them likes to insult the one he is dating.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Blaise330 posted:

The only botched heel turns were from people who always sucked like... Natty

lol sure

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Natty is cool and good, her heel turn was bad, but with Sasha coming back and the women's division being a joke depth-wise at the time, she and Becky needed someone to feud with, so there you go.

She really has no reason to remain a heel and everything about her screams Locker Room Mom to me, so they should probably turn her back sometime. Alexa has proven she can be a great top women's heel.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Boy I can't wait for Becky and Bayley to turn heel and feud with face Eva and Emma.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Evil Badman posted:

"Network" is the Rumble Presale code. Go nuts.

There's no seat map on Ticketmaster, so I have no idea where these seats are in relation to anything!

Also, I have no way of getting to Texas! This was folly from the beginning!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Twist: Paige has a split personality, and one of them likes to insult the one he is dating.

Paige is actually just a two-face and that's why she wears pancake makeup

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Luigi Thirty posted:

Paige is actually just a two-face and that's why she wears pancake makeup

Pretty bad when Harvey Dent is better at blending makeup than you are

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The attack, the blood, the inexplicable wound pattern, the no shows, the fiery personality, the love of pale maids

Anyone got any evidence that could be put in the "Alberto del rio is NOT a werewolf" column?

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 11, 2016

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

ijii posted:

I should have stated this is already how I watch wrestling. I can't even do this for raw these days. The tv spends more time muted than not. Honestly I think the best way to watch raw is just catch the highlights on youtube the next day. A 3 hour raw has about 20 minutes of stuff to watch without all the padding bullshit.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

pressedbunny posted:

Boy I can't wait for Becky and Bayley to turn heel and feud with face Eva and Emma.

Bonus points if its before 2017.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Yeah, I never followed her heel run in NXT but turning Sasha would do her a ton of favors

Heel Sasha stole a little girl's Bayley headband, danced around the ring with it, and then threw it at her.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That DICK! posted:

The attack, the blood, the inexplicable wound pattern, the no shows, the fiery personality, the love of pale maids

Anyone got any evidence that could be put in the "Alberto del rio is NOT a werewolf" column?

Him calling everyone "perro" was a clue all along.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

That DICK! posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense for Paige to be the werewolf? Clearly he's doing everything he can to keep her under control, and she's pissing hot for the wolfsbane in her system.

Edit: I meant monkshood, not wolfsbane. I'm so embarrassed. Unless both work?

3 A.M. Radio fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 11, 2016

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Go RV! posted:

Heel Sasha stole a little girl's Bayley headband, danced around the ring with it, and then threw it at her.
Then got in Vince's doghouse because she wasn't putting smiles on the faces of the crowd

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Was it Natalya who did squats while holding someone up in a suplex?

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
Natalya had a gimmick where she farted alot

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
So who lined up at midnight for 2k17? Anybody?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Queen of Farts.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Blaise330 posted:

So who lined up at midnight for 2k17? Anybody?

I ordered it on Amazon and it will be here a little later today.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

That DICK! posted:

Alberto is a Chupacabra.

Idk that's all I got for that column.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I ordered it on Amazon and it will be here a little later today.

goondolences

• Locked thread