Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you joining NaNoWriMo this year?
Yes
No
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJOOOOOOOOOOO
View Results

• Locked thread
Ser Pounce
Feb 9, 2010

In this world the weak are always victims of the strong
Managed to hit 34k earlier so catching up after a weekend lost to whisky and hangovers. Hopeful to catch up the deficit later after a well earned sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
I managed to do not-quite 1500 words through an eyeball-searing migraine today. I hope to do a little more tonight if it loving goes away.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
45,013, still on the writing-extra train in anticipation of a massive slowdown for Thanksgiving. Plot's spiraling up to the climax and the words are still flowin'.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hell yes I got my fifth wind. I wrote 3500 words today, bringing me up to 31,000. Still got a long way to catch up to, but I'll do it dammit.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
Hit 47,501, and have reached a place that I never have before with NaNo: this story is going to be longer than the 50k goal. This has literally never happened before. All of my previous NaNos (except the first, which failed spectacularly), have more or less 50k. I can tell that this one will shoot past that. I guess I just keep on writing until the 30th, or I hit the end, whichever happens first.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

I hit 44k today. My novel is nowhere done either, but then I knew that 50k wouldn't do it when I started. I'm going to have to write at least twice that, so actually finishing it is my goal for December.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?
I hit 43k last night and I know I'm not going to manage to write any major numbers today so I'm doing just enough to count, but I think mine should last just long enough to get me done. If it lasts longer that's cool but I was mostly doing this to write. The best part is that I now have inspiration for the other thing I was writing before.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I wrote 1822 today for a total of 43,667. I think my novel will be wrapping up right around at the 50k mark which works out because it's a kids' novel anyway. I have definitely in the past had NaNo novels that went longer, though (one ended around 75k, another ran itself up to a good 105k or so.)

Ser Pounce
Feb 9, 2010

3.6k words written, to come to 38k end of play today.

I'm suspecting if and when I finish this fully, it will hit c. 70k words before I try to polish or roll it in glitter

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Just limping to the finish line at this point. 43.6k, 1200 words today. If I keep up 1000 words a day I'll just barely make it. This wall is hitting me hard, I hope I can break through it soon.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS
I'm just now cracking the 30k mark. Last week was pretty much a bust, so I've been spending the last couple days making up ground. Thank god for the Scrivener iOS app though. It's been kind of a pain in the rear end to transfer to my latpop (I'll have to figure that out after NaNo), but I'm still happy it's there.

Ser Pounce
Feb 9, 2010

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

I'm just now cracking the 30k mark. Last week was pretty much a bust, so I've been spending the last couple days making up ground. Thank god for the Scrivener iOS app though. It's been kind of a pain in the rear end to transfer to my latpop (I'll have to figure that out after NaNo), but I'm still happy it's there.

Sync it with dropbox, once you have that working it's a doddle, I've been writing chunks on my ancient ipad mini, iphone and laptop depending on where I am at anytime.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I firmly believe I will do ANYTHING to avoid writing.

I just taught myself how to play Yackety Sax on my saxophone. No lie.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just four and a bit off for me.

Now if I can just be a bastard to my cast of characters for just a bit more...

Ser Pounce
Feb 9, 2010

40.4k words ground out, and into the final third of the book. I'm feeling pretty pleased right now, first time I've managed to get beyond the 20k stage, a bit more tomorrow should push me back to par, and I'll see if I can pump out a big pile o'words on Sunday to get myself in good shape for the finish.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I'm pretty sure I can feel a flu coming on and because of feeling like crap I only managed to write 800 words today. Thank god for the buffer I built up at the start of the month. I'm still on track to finish on time provided I don't completely die from disease.

its no big deal
Apr 19, 2015
Just broke over 46K so I'd have to go full on no writing mode to not win.

The harder part is realizing that I'm not even done with Act 1. The apprentice is still on the journey for the item critical to events in Act 2. We haven't even hit the tragic moments of her mentor's home village being burned and all her family members killed. That's when things actually get dark...

Cause a demon possessed carved wooden figure murdering someone wasn't dark I guess. I'm a pantser and this book is going off the rails.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

45,600. I'm gonna to break this, I'm sure of it. Just gotta keep hammering it out.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Still sick but managed to rapid-fire write 2146 today in a sort of fever-induced delirium bringing me up to 46,613. Hoping to have this sucker done in two more days.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

gently caress, I am so close to hitting 50k, but have another loving migraine today. I managed to push through and write 800 words anyway (haven't updated my count yet). I only need 1000 more. Time for a shitload of painkillers. gently caress.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

Made it! The story's not done, but I've hit the word count, so I guess it still counts? Obviously, I"m not going to stop until I reach the actual end of the story, but I'm still happy to have made it another year. :)

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Made it as well. I'm going to have to cut more 50% because it's bullshit, and I accidentally found another novel in a flashback that got out of hand, but it's 50k of story towards my series, so gently caress it. I call it a win. I guess I have to spend next month actually finishing the thing.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

47,980. I'm going to crush this thing tomorrow. Over 2000 words today, and all I had to do is have my main character get raped. Fun times.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I can see we've got some winners already! Everyone make sure to sound off when you break 50k and I'll add your username to the OP!

Anais Nun
Apr 21, 2010
I'm out. If I have to write another thousand words today I'm going to hurt someone.

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

I hit 50k a few days ago. Up to 55k now, and I only just started act three. I've still got a ways to go to get this thing written.

Ser Pounce
Feb 9, 2010

Just pushed above 45k and fully caught up to par, I'm also cracking open act 3 and finally have a pretty good idea of where the story will go from here.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I'm down to 800 words left to go until 50k. If I wasn't sick I'd probably keep pushing and see about finishing this up today, but since I'm sick I don't think I want to push myself. I'll finish tomorrow, nice and leisurely.

Congrats to all the winners so far!

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Just finished tonight! I was worried the holidays were going to kill my momentum, but I managed to have strong writing days yesterday and today. I ended up with ~51K words, and I'm pretty sure I'm on the cusp of act three. Feels real good.

Congrats to all the other winners!

Devorum fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 28, 2016

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I always keep my promises.

VICTORY!

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
Aww yeah, congrats to all the winners! And everyone who has a little bit to go, you can do it! Keep it up!

its no big deal
Apr 19, 2015

HIJK posted:

I can see we've got some winners already! Everyone make sure to sound off when you break 50k and I'll add your username to the OP!

LucyWanabe posted:

Aww yeah, congrats to all the winners! And everyone who has a little bit to go, you can do it! Keep it up!

Thanks to you goons who put up encouragement yesterday and today. I've felt like crap but pecked away to break 50K!

Coming to the end of Act 1 so hopefully the momentum will pick up soon.

And congratulations to all the winners! The thread last year got me to try and now I'm a two year in a row winner. Thanks!

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Eight wins in a row. :toot:

Grats and good luck to all of you guys!!

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Added winners to the OP, let me know if I missed you. Everyone else, keep pushing!

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?
And here I was worried that I would barely make the word count.

This has been an incredible experience for me. It's the fastest I've ever written anything and while I don't think I could keep up this pace on a regular basis it's pretty kickass just to know that I can do it. Still going, too. I want that 30 days in a row badge, dammit. Gotta catch em all.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Added, you're internet famous now!

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Huzzah and sparkles to all the winners!

:toot: :sparkles: :toot: :sparkles: :toot: :sparkles: :toot:

ETA:

HIJK posted:

Added winners to the OP, let me know if I missed you. Everyone else, keep pushing!

*Raises hand* Won on the 19th. I'm currently sitting at 72927. Since I won, I've tried to put palindromic numbers in all my updated word counts.

ETA2:

Lifetime Achievement: Total NaNo Word Count: 901,979

Great googly loving moogly. 18.37% of that is one novel (when I had to stop updating it on the site).

Nethilia fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Nov 29, 2016

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Nethilia posted:

Huzzah and sparkles to all the winners!

:toot: :sparkles: :toot: :sparkles: :toot: :sparkles: :toot:

ETA:

*Raises hand* Won on the 19th. I'm currently sitting at 72927. Since I won, I've tried to put palindromic numbers in all my updated word counts.

ETA2:

Lifetime Achievement: Total NaNo Word Count: 901,979

Great googly loving moogly. 18.37% of that is one novel (when I had to stop updating it on the site).

:stare: :drat:

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

I forgot to post an image when I won on the 26th.

Edit: posting that chart has made me feel guilty about taking a two day break. Time to stop dicking around and get back to trying to finish this draft.

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Well I didn't have internet for 5 days and that pretty much killed me, since the entirety of my work was on a google doc. Ah well, better luck next year!

• Locked thread