Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Go Nats. Scherzer is pitching tomorrow so at least we'll only see him max of twice in the NLCS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Poque posted:

maybe he'll get an "injury" like Hammel did

I slightly feel bad for Hammel. He was pitching like poo poo toward the end, but it sounds like he might have had a shoulder problem? But keeping him off the postseason roster was solely so they could enact the team option for next year and not have him become a FA.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bad boy in the boy band posted:

Go Nats. Scherzer is pitching tomorrow so at least we'll only see him max of twice in the NLCS.

BRING ON DANIEL MURPHY

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I forgot to do this but better late than never

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIfEX7CA8X8

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

R.D. Mangles posted:

BRING ON DANIEL MURPHY

OH GOD NO

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Santiago Casilla sitting there like "poo poo I coulda done that"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I just remembered Sergio Romo talking poo poo to Javy Baez after striking him out last night and Javy just waving it off. :greenangel:

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
If we had to lose, I'm glad we lost to the Cubs rather than Dodgers or Indians.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

I regret nothing.

Go Blue Jays.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

LASTCAR posted:

I regret nothing.

Go Blue Jays.

canada should be nuked by our future god king trump! enjoy the world series while it last.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

SourKraut posted:

We've paid 108 years for these two NLCS visits!

I left the Giants in 2005 when I moved out of the area, and came back at the start of 2012. I went to a game in May and looked around and saw all these guys wearing WC'10 apparel and felt sad, because I missed that and was possibly the only time in my lifetime that happened. This year was mostly about hilarity and trolling for me, I feel a little bad for the rookies who thought they would join the club.

If they win this year, there may be some generation of Cubs fans after your dead lamenting that you saw what they never will.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Craptacular! posted:

I left the Giants in 2005 when I moved out of the area, and came back at the start of 2012. I went to a game in May and looked around and saw all these guys wearing WC'10 apparel and felt sad, because I missed that and was possibly the only time in my lifetime that happened. This year was mostly about hilarity and trolling for me, I feel a little bad for the rookies who thought they would join the club.

If they win this year, there may be some generation of Cubs fans after your dead lamenting that you saw what they never will.

I'm a fourth-generation Cubs fan. My great-grandfather was the last to see a championship. My grandfather was the last to see them in the world series, and that was when he was 24. We already know what that's like. Who knows what the future will hold for any team. Look at the Braves and how their fortunes have turned. Bad teams can become great and great teams fade. The only thing I know is that I believe that we can handle it, because we've been through it for so long.

Great series, Giants. It was stroke-inducing, but that will always happen. Those were some classic games.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

He must be sacrificed just as EYBS was.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bad boy in the boy band posted:

Go Dodgers. I'd rather see post-season Kershaw than Scherzer, Nobody on the Dodgers terrifies me offensively like Daniel "loving" Murphy does, and the Dodger's backend rotation is a powder keg with Hill and Maeda struggling hard as of late. The only advantage the Dodgers have over the Nats is that their bullpen is probably better.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
If you're reading this in retrospect just start here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793917&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=27

ChiTownEddie with the vision

ChiTownEddie posted:

Here comes the four run top of the ninth.

MerklesBoner
Apr 5, 2003

BetterLekNextTime posted:

If we had to lose, I'm glad we lost to the Cubs rather than Dodgers or Indians.
That's for sure. Losing a Dodgers/Giants NLCS would have been agonizing, but seeing the same poo poo-eating Cleveland fans emboldened again (this time with red-face caricatures plastered over their shirts), I'd have spontaneously combusted.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

LASTCAR posted:

I regret nothing.

Go Blue Jays.

What's all that stuff written on Marlins Man's shirt?

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Rand alPaul posted:

What's all that stuff written on Marlins Man's shirt?

He invited fans who met him at the park to sign his shirt. Had plenty of takers, I only saw him briefly.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I fell asleep before the game started, Cubs fans everywhere are you are welcome for the win.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

ChiTownEddie posted:

Here comes the four run top of the ninth.

:911:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Cubs ended EYBS. Now go on and end the curse.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
A day later and I'm still amazed.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Miz Kriss posted:

A day later and I'm still amazed.

I got to be the one to tell my Cubs fan co-worker(in a sea of Cards fans here in central illinois) that they won. He went to sleep after 8th.

And then re-watched it with him.

It was even better the second time.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Dexo posted:

I got to be the one to tell my Cubs fan co-worker(in a sea of Cards fans here in central illinois) that they won. He went to sleep after 8th.

I would have :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Dexo posted:

You're in the middle of the Central IL Cards hellhole too?

• Locked thread