Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yasiel Puig got that vet presence on the Joc non-dinger.

In case you want to watch again
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/785981231045365761

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
This Kershaw-Harper battle is what's up

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

good work Baez

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

its happening

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Two Pitchers, Three Pitches, Three Runs: The Los Angeles Dodgers Story

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Pedro Baez threw 3.2 innings over the last two days so why the gently caress was he the first option out of the pen against the heart of the order??

Good news he didn't add to that 3.2 today

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's an awful call

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hey Cubs fans the Cubs are 0-2 with 2 Ks time to start bemoaning their eventual demise and the next 108 years of abject darkness and how they've stomped on the memories of your ancestors

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's some Wonka Meme poo poo right there

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

hey guys whats a good gif for what lackey is thinking right now

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

beejay posted:

Barry Bonds was really good but you guys have done some stuff since then and he moved on so it's kind of weird.

~*~GoNe bUt NoT 4GoTtEn~*~

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BOOO

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Couldn't post at the gym but remember when Matt Moore tricked John Lackey into thinking he was leaving his bat on his shoulder to prevent a double play and had an RBI single?

Good times.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ribs Kid all grown up and pitching the post season good for you Matt Moore

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

SourKraut posted:

Continued success with no regression back to average.

Giants regress hard every other year it's a very efficient system

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pancakes posted:

Seriously? Sending Moore out there again with a travel day tomorrow?

*Sergio Romo immediately gives up a home run*

The bullpen got thoroughly used last night and Moore is doing OK enough and isn't in trouble yet.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Goodpancakes posted:

Matt Moore, seven innings 2 hits. Jesus Christ

I said this could happen!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Matt Moore disrespecting his elders.

Like I said 8/12 Moore starts with the Giants have been really good but he had 4 abominations that destroyed his ERA

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dutchy posted:

a 1 in 3 chance of a disaster start doesn't seem that good

Looks like the odds were ever in our favor

Get it like the Hunger Games

Because the Cubs are hungering in this game for a hit against Certified Ace Matthew Moore

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

SourKraut posted:

Don't forget: the smug Giants fan in this thread have gotten to celebrate several championships across multiple sports for several years now.

I'm not a Warriors fan but if you want to play that card

The 1990s Chicago Bulls

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

SourKraut posted:

Yeah, and they haven't done anything since. Call me when your team goes 18 years without another WS win.

Man Chicagoans are great at mental gymnastics

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

SourKraut posted:

Must be nice to be an eternal shitbird who probably has had a great life gifted to them!

I'm having fun and enjoying this and you are being a piece of human garbage maybe step back from the ledge before you start calling people names and assuming who I am or my life you loving ignoramus.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Oh man we can't blow this lead a dinger ties it

Let's put Sergio Romo in he can't do it two nights in a row

*Is Bruce Bochy*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Poque posted:

imagine if the KB dong had won the series last night, how fast would the Giants' partnership with the Chevron cars or whatever have evaporated?

They'd lean on them to change their mascots to anthropomorphic double decker buses

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ars posted:

REALLY COULD THE CUBS FANS TRY CHEER THEIR TEAM EVEN A LITTLE BIT

I MEAN IM A GIANTS FAN WE ARENT TOO GOOD EITHER BUT JUST TRY ONCE

ITS THE POST SEASON FOR FUCKS SAKE

Is this this game's GDT's version of the Cubs fan who made only one post in the thread last night thinking he was burning Giants fans by calling Barry Bonds a wife beater while Chapman was pitching

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

This better not go to extras because Bochy is using literally every single person in the loving bullpen to poo poo away the lead

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

gently caress

THIS

BULL

PEN

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

yep

yep

yep

the bullshit has turned inwards

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

HOW MANY RELIEVERS DOES IT TAKE TO BLOW A GAME

ALL OF THEM

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Poque posted:

You said this last night!!!

IT KEEPS TURNING INWARD

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

thats the series

I take solace in the fact that Cubs fatalism was dead wrong

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm the meek let's go giants chant

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Oh man we can't blow this lead a dinger ties it

Let's put Sergio Romo in he can't do it two nights in a row

*Is Bruce Bochy*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Matt Moore went eight innings and gave up two runs. Five pitchers combined to give up four runs and get three outs.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If the Cubs lose to the Dodgers I am flying to Chicago and getting very upset in and around the vicinity of Wrigley Field

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

smdh can't beat this every 108 years bullshit

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Good night Cubs enjoy your victory. Beat the Dodgers or I'm giving each and every one of you a Bartman avatar

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RIP EYBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Poque posted:

You can stay with us and we can be riot buddies

I'd be proud to light Chicago on fire with you and any of you Cubbies goons.

I hope you all forgive me for telling you how ridiculous your fatalism was against what was one of the worst teams in baseball in the second half. It was a fun few threads.

• Locked thread