Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

battlepigeon posted:

Awesome coop game though! To bad there aren't anymore than 3 player models to choose from.

And its a bit awkward that there are 2 male and only 1 female option...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Just a heads up: mods with the downside of reducing clip size will not reduce below 1, so they pair really nicely with bows.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Johnny Joestar posted:

also, roughly how long is the game if someone does every side mission? i've just been knocking out the ones that pop up while the 'check kamiko's apartment' story mission sits there in the meanwhile.

The game is apparently pretty short. People report all side quests at 8-15 hours depending on difficulty, pacing, and skill.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
8-15 hours is short??

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Maybe my perception of game length is warped with all these open world games the past few years. Doom was 12ish hours? Did people think that was short?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CJacobs posted:

8-15 hours is short??

Trilin posted:

Maybe my perception of game length is warped with all these open world games the past few years. Doom was 12ish hours? Did people think that was short?

I think that 8-15 is just about the right length for these type of action games. DOOM lasted the perfect length. Any longer and the action starts to wear thin.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah it sounds like it's about the typical length of any other linear shooter campaign. Definitely gonna convince my friends to buy this and play through it again cooperatively.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm 8 hours into the game and I just started doing the second story mission after the tutorial.

Also, I'm so going to get carpal tunnel in my pinky cause I mash dash non stop, always.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/shadow-warrior-2-alienware-dlc-giveaway

Cyberpunky blue skin giveaway.

km2
Jul 27, 2012

"Keys are only available for Alienware Arena members that are Level 2+ in ARP. "

The lovely part is they didn't bother to mention that detail upfront until right after the instructions on how to punch in the DLC key into Steam.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

km2 posted:

"Keys are only available for Alienware Arena members that are Level 2+ in ARP. "

The lovely part is they didn't bother to mention that detail upfront until right after the instructions on how to punch in the DLC key into Steam.

Huh, I got my code immediately. Logged in with steam. Wonder if I had done something on that site earlier then

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

km2 posted:

This link doesn't work anymore? steam://install/522332

If it does then there's two more DLC's
Quakecon: steam://install/522330
PAX West: steam://install/508970
Not sure what PAX West DLC actually gives, didn't notice anything

E: these links register the DLC to your account. At least they did yesterday, they could've changed it.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 14, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Doesn't look like they work anymore.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SinineSiil posted:

E: these links register the DLC to your account. At least they did yesterday, they could've changed it.

Those installed DLCs, thanks

Mordja posted:

Doesn't look like they work anymore.

It'll fail but they'll still be installed to your game.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Jusupov posted:

Those installed DLCs, thanks

Glad to hear they still work. No need to go to Alienware site for that code.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SinineSiil posted:

Glad to hear they still work. No need to go to Alienware site for that code.

PAX code should be a ninja skin but it's not on the list :(

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SinineSiil posted:

Worked for me, thanks.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
The Touch is great and all but the game's actual theme song is pretty loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyj8BAbaX4

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jusupov posted:

PAX code should be a ninja skin but it's not on the list :(

From patch notes

http://steamcommunity.com/app/324800/discussions/0/341537388323793629/ posted:

We are working on a first quick patch. I'll update this thread in real-time as we go.
Estimated ETA: ~15-16 October

Notes:
Fixed cutscene FOV, when playing with non standard FOV
Fixed game stuck on loading on 2 core CPUs
Added safe mode (add -safe to properties->general->set launch options) in order to fix startup crashes on some configurations
Added option to disable AlienFX (add -noalienware to properties->general->set launch options) in order to fix startup crashes on some configurations
Added option to disable videos (add -novideos to properties->general->set launch options) in order to fix startup crashes on some configurations
Fixed PAX MP avatar skin
Fixed weapon select menu blur constantly rendering on screen, even when weapon select menu is hidden
Added HDR Display Brightness slider
Fixed co-op bug, which in rare cases could corrupt saves
Added lobby filtering by difficulty and player level
Added list of previous saves, so in case of corrupted save you can load previous one
Localization fixes
Fixed hitching of intro movie
UI improvements: Allow replace gem inserted in weapon
Fixed AlienFX crash on startup on some configurations
Fixed corrupted saves bug

km2
Jul 27, 2012

SinineSiil posted:

Thanks for the links! I just did it right now and now see the DLC skins in the game's library page.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

kuroiXiru posted:

The Touch is great and all but the game's actual theme song is pretty loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyj8BAbaX4

Makes me wish that I actually went with the Deluxe preorder on steam instead of the standard one.

The music is drat good and Stan Bush dedicating a new song to this game is just the cherry on top.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Is there a way to change the FOV on your arms? Some of the guns are so huge they take up an entire third of the screen and it's pretty annoying. :geno:

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

What do the orange circles mean on the mini map? I have one in my cave at the desk, but there's nothing there. I also see 2 of them at the forge.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Mongolian Queef posted:

What do the orange circles mean on the mini map? I have one in my cave at the desk, but there's nothing there. I also see 2 of them at the forge.

Non-descript objects or actors that you can interact with. Have no idea what the Wang Cave desk one does.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
I've already purchased the game, but just today. Is there any way to get the preorder dlc? For extra money or whatever?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

HotBobaloo posted:

I've already purchased the game, but just today. Is there any way to get the preorder dlc? For extra money or whatever?

The preorder dlc is just a single melee weapon and currently, no.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Should I mess with any wang here? Sounds like I should.

Because it sounds like ninja Do4m without the lovely publisher.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

widespread posted:

Should I mess with any wang here? Sounds like I should.

Because it sounds like ninja Do4m without the lovely publisher.
That's more or less my impression.

The menus really need to be rethought though. Also I am wondering why there is a weapon wheel when I will only ever use the two quick switch buttons in combat, and you can equip weapons from your inventory any time.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Next story mission, next sidequest and Larry are all giving me the same rocket launcher :(

Meanwhile Larry also has this

First orange named weapon that's orange even in inventory. Damage is way off the normal since I got +melee -guns gear on.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

drat this game looks amazing on Ultra and runs flawlessly what is this witch craft

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's more or less my impression.

The menus really need to be rethought though. Also I am wondering why there is a weapon wheel when I will only ever use the two quick switch buttons in combat, and you can equip weapons from your inventory any time.

Gotta think about the console players, man.

But yeah, I'll probably get it soonish.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

widespread posted:

Gotta think about the console players, man.

But yeah, I'll probably get it soonish.
I'm playing with a controller and I think the menus are dumb and the weapon wheel is pointless.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I have no idea how you'd think the menus are useful for playing with controllers, anyways. The weapon wheel is there mostly as a holdover from the previous game, but the inventory/shop stores are just a little too barebones as it stands.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, I just switched from a shotgun to little wang, while some demon was jumping at me, and the switching sword animation apparently counts as an attack and slaughtered that fucker.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

I cut the body off a Herculon. The part that's attacking me is the disembodied leg and little bit of machinery there, the rest of it is a dead lump on the floor.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 15, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, I beat the game. Total playtime of 9 hours, did all the side missions. I was kind of rushing it at the end because I was getting a bit worn out on the constant super fast combat. The ending was... not great. Really the story in general sucked, and the humor did carry it most of the way through but it felt real strained.

I really enjoyed it, I found the game very fun. The one complaint I do have is that it's pretty easy, I regret playing on the normal difficulty and I think people playing for the first time should probably do so on the hard difficulty. The hardest one looks like it just turns enemies into spongy monsters and Wang into a paper bag containing some blood, so I don't really want to do that. Looking forward to playing through it again but with swords instead of guns.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 15, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Holy poo poo, I just switched from a shotgun to little wang, while some demon was jumping at me, and the switching sword animation apparently counts as an attack and slaughtered that fucker.

Yep, it's nowhere near as nice as the quick melee was in the first game but it's still pretty badass. I like hitting an enemy with a charged shotgun blast, dashing chi blast for the Mighty Boot, then quick swapping to melee while they're on the ground. Rip and tear :unsmigghh:

Also these things are a shitload of fun:

The force attack (alt fire + backwards) fires out this:

Which seems to linger in place and spin for a while. I put toxic on them and they do a pretty drat good amount of damage :haw:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Man that Harry Potter secret.

Can't get duplicate weapons. Got one rocket launcher from a quest and it's gone from the story mission and larry has another orange gun in it's place.

I'm playing on hardest, 14h in and game says 53% progress.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 15, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

I cut the body off a Herculon. The part that's attacking me is the disembodied leg and little bit of machinery there, the rest of it is a dead lump on the floor.

Yeah I had something similar with a hellhound. Except the only thing left was a single foreleg. I just took my shotgun and exploded it after several attempts of cutting/shooting it. Did the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

If you want your super shotgun to start reloading after firing quicker, upgrade the fire rate.

• Locked thread