Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cast of Characters:

Gavin Krieger, the Sasquatch, played by Antivehicular

Alicia Lee, the Fae, played by Godfish

Rosabella Park, the Queen, played by Frgrbrgr

Cassidy Slade the Werewolf, played by Tardzilla

Kenji Yamasaki, the Infernal, played by someone awful

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's early in the morning, and you're all in homeroom. Ms. Myska isn't here yet - she arrivals exactly on time and class still hasn't started yet. It's a little odd, but it at least gives you guys free time before she shows up. The summer months have passed, and it's now the fall season. There's always a Halloween party in October and despite it being a school sponsored event it's something that's looked forward to by almost everyone. But that's still weeks away - you have plenty of time to plan for it, if you want to go that is. And today is Friday, so you're almost done for the week.

The clock in the room ticks, counting down the moments until Ms. Myska arrives.

pre:
[Emmy] [Rosabella] [Newt]

[Donny] [Mandy] [Justin]

[Alicia] [Miriam] [Kenji]

[Gavin] [Dana] [Cassidy]
Gavin: Right now, no one's paying attention to you. You can see Justin talking to Kenji. When you had an awkward conversation with him, what did you unintentionally learn about Justin? What did he learn about you?

Alicia: Donny managed to get you to draw a picture of him. How? Did he bug you, or ask, or did you offer to do it for your own reasons? What's come out of it so far?

Rosabella: Mandy is glaring daggers at Alicia as she seems to have struck up a conversation and drawing session with Donny. Do you even care? If not, are you going to do anything to stop Mandy from maybe doing anything about it? As it's almost the weekend, you have any plans? Or are you just going to see what happens?

Cassidy: What assignment is Dana trying to help you with? Your grades are getting pretty low - low enough that the coach warned you about it. If you lose your scholarship, you'll have to answer to your mom about why. What's been getting in the way of you studying?

Kenji: Your friend gave you some instructions earlier: "That girl - Rosabella - you were right to notice that she's one of the big people in this school. It'd be in your best interests to try and integrate yourself with her. No rush for now. Just keep it in mind." Do you agree? If so, how do you plan on achieving that goal? Justin is finishing up some homework, and looks up a moment to say "Hey Kenji! How's it going?"

Gavin highlight Dark

Alicia highlight Cold

Rosabella highlight Dark

Cassidy highlight Dark

Kenji highlight Hot

-----------------------------------------

OOC Thread
String Sheet

Please put your character sheet in a quote block at the bottom of your first post, and keep it updated as the game goes on.

Rules:

One roll per post, ask me if you want an exception for some reason.

When you get/remove a String, update the String sheet and add a note on how you got/removed it. At the end of a session, I'll remove all the notes so that things don't get so cluttered up.

Singleton rule for Strings applies per person, so you may get Strings from the same ability multiple times in a scene. However, you can generally only roll against someone once per situation.

Have fun!

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
People

Dana Al-Adwani - Student tutor who is trying to help Cassidy with her grades, very patient
Miriam Constantin - scholarship student from Romania who doesn't seem to care about anything
Damon Hamilton - Emily's older brother who makes and sells designer drugs
Donny D'amico - hot but dumb guy that Mandy has a crush on
Horoscope Girl - Girl who publishes eerily accurate horoscopes in the school newspaper
Justin - Gym teacher's son, Kenji's friend and natural born follower
Mr. Arlette - Art teacher who is impressed by Alicia's art after being shown a self-portrait of himself
Mr. Cotterill - English teacher who wants to be seen as being cool by the students.
Mrs. Nakamura - Woman who runs the foreign exchange student program
Ms. White - Art teacher who hates Alicia's art after being shown a self-portrait of herself, keeps trying to get her to change her style
Sammy Harrison - Semi-rich girl who sucks up to those on top and betrays anyone who is nice to her
Slade family - Father is a werewolf, mother talks to Cassidy and keeps telling her not to gently caress up
The Whisperer - The entity that gives Kenji his powers
Veronica Fairchild - Self appointed captain of football team, father owns stadium the team plays in. Smells really bad to Cassidy.
Yamasaki family - Mother talks with Kenji to see how he's doing, father and brothers are still mad at him

Rosabella's Gang

Amanda "Mandy" Stromberg - Richer then Rosabella but wants to hang out with her anyway. Boy-crazy
Emily "Emmie" Hamilton - Smart. quiet, and well-connected
Octavia "Newt" Newton - Weird nerd, dyed her hair after her father committed suicide

Places

West Wing art studio - old art room abandoned after an older headmaster tried to do away with the art program in Gutermuth. Rosabella likes to relax here.
Found, tiny antique shop in Holbrook
Japanese-garden inspired park, often visited by Kenji
The Monument - Retro movie theater, unclean and terrible food

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 30, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: -

I smile idly at my subject as I look up from my drawing to take refresh my mental image of him. Donny. I've had much less pleasant drawing subjects, though really compared to Donny that's almost all of them, hot drat is he a looker. That's the main reason I agreed to do one of him when he asked, I don't let people pick my subjects for me - aside from teachers obviously, since I'm still in school - but he asked, and I certainly don't mind an excuse to look at him. The other reason was because it became almost immediately obvious that Mandy from Rosabella's little hive was getting ab-so-lute-ly furious about it, so I wasn't going to pass by a chance to draw a stallion like Donny and throw rocks at the rich bitches at the same time.

That said, there isn't a lot to draw. Pretty much everyone thought that Donny wasn't much more than a pretty face and hot body, and for once what everyone knows seems to be mostly right? There is a bit more, the general attractiveness of him is the main aspect of the drawing, which is coming out well, but there's animals everywhere. Cats and dogs, there's even the head of a horse (fading away at the neck, not like, a decapitated head) next to him. In the background a curl of smoke, a shooting star, falling into a fluffy cloud. I'm not particularly sure on what any of that means, since I can only see glimbses into his Faerie without entering it proper, which I obviously can't do in class, vanishing would be noticed, but I'll admit, what I've seen has made be a little curious about him. He might not be smart, but there's something interesting there. Still, even with all that, most people have a lot more, even on a surface skim.

I scoot my desk close to him, and go back to sketching, and say in a slightly distant voice, "alright, face that way, no, like... let me do it -" I put my pencil and pad down for a moment, and reach out to him, adjusting his position with my hands, first on his head, turning and moving it, rustling his hair a bit, then on his shoulders, 'adjusting' them to the angle I want, and taking the chance to innocently run my hands over them. "here, like this, tilt your head up a bit, I want a good profile, okay... shoulders back, like so... perfect. Stay like that." I take up the pad again, watching to see how he and Mandy take that as I start to draw again. A storm cloud is working its way into the drawing, on the edge of things.

[01:16:25] <GhostFish> lets turn on Donny
[01:16:28] <GhostFish> !r 2d6+2
[01:16:29] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 12+2 = 14
string, get

The Fae posted:

Name: Alicia Lee
Look: mysterious, mesmerizing eyes

Origin: touched with the gift

Stats
Hot: 2
Cold: -1
Volatile: -1
Dark: 1

Fae Moves
Faery Contract
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them. When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options:
~ they gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;
~ add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;
~ they suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

Guide
If you spend a String on someone willing, you can bring them across the veil, into the faery court. The spell doesn’t last long, though, before you’re both returned to the mundane world.

Lure
Whenever someone makes a promise to you, they mark experience.
Whenever someone breaks a promise to you and you seek vengeance, mark experience.

Sex Move
When you lie naked with another, you can ask them for a promise. If they refuse, take 2 Strings on them.

Darkest Self
Everything you say is a promise. Everything you hear is a promise. If a promise is broken, justice must be wrought in blood. To escape your Darkest Self, you must in some way re-balance the scales of justice.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 5, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot: 1 Cold: -1 Volatile: 2 Dark: -1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Drained

I hear the loud snap of Dana's fingers as it wakes me back up. She's been trying to help me get my Biology assignment done, but I keep drifting off. Ugh, I should've skipped today, get some more sleep, but I've been skipping a lot of classes lately, and they've been noticing. My grades have been tanking, and Coach let me know that if I don't fix it by the end of this semester, I might as well kiss my scholarship goodbye.

Boy, that's going to be a fun story to tell to mom, "Yea, sorry, I failed all my classes because I spent most of my nights out late as a werewolf." Maybe I should try and tell her that it was the only way to stop a giant wolf monster from rampaging across the campus? Hah, yea loving right, like she'd listen, she'd just say I was making excuses and call me a failure again. It doesn't matter that the last month has been hell for me, all that matters are my loving grades and not embarrassing the family.

Going out into the woods and turning is the only way I could de-stress now, cuz it sure isn't the sport I love right now. The big game between us and the Golden Valley Yellowjackets is coming soon, and we barely got any practice in thanks to our great leader, Veronica. She took it upon herself to "motivate" the team by taking them out to bars and clubs, and apparently I'm the only one who has a problem with that, cuz the rest of the team sure don't. Add to that my mom's been putting more pressure than usual on me, and you have a real aggravated Cassidy.

I'm lucky I found a place deep in the woods that nobody goes to, where I can turn without anybody noticing, but it would be nice if it wasn't an hour away from the dorms. I've spent way too many late nights out, and I've barely been getting any sleep. I think I got like 3 hours last night, and I can barely keep myself awake.

I hear another snap, "I'm awake! Christ, can you not do that so close to my ears?" Dana gives me a stone-cold look. She does that a lot. Dana might be one of the few people in this school who's not even intimidated by me. Everybody else knows me as Cassidy "Wild Dog" Slade (I swear I didn't come up with that name), and most of 'em are too scared to talk back at me, but not Dana. This small girl doesn't even budge an inch when I snap at her, and she's not afraid to be blunt around me, and I gotta admit, I'm starting to admire that about her. Really wish she'd stop snapping her fingers though, that poo poo is painful on my sensitive ears.

There's Alicia over there. I wonder if she notices me? Probably not, she's too focused on Donny. God, she's pretty. I know I shouldn't stare, but I can't take my eyes away from her. The Halloween party's coming up soon. Does she have a date? Of course she does, she probably has thousands of people lining up to ask her. Should I ask her, anyways? Agh, I'm too tired to think, I can barely keep my eyes open. It would be really nice if she went out with me...

quote:

<Hugzilla> Will Alicia ever go out with me (gaze) (Rephrasing it as "How can I make Alicia go out with me?")
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7-1 = 6

Using a string to make it a 7, and choosing the option "the visions are lucid and detailed but they leave you with the Condition drained."

quote:

Name: Cassidy Slade
Skin: The Werewolf
Look: rugged, fierce eyes
Origin: awoken

Stats
Hot: +1
Cold: -1
Volatile: +2
Dark: -1

Moves

 Primal Dominance
When you harm someone, take a String on them.

 Heightened Senses
When you rely on your animal instincts to make sense of a charged situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, ask the MC three questions. If you act on one of the MC’s answers, add 1 to your first roll. • On a 7-9, ask one:
- Where’s my best escape route or way in?
- Which enemy is the most vulnerable to me?
- What’s their secret weakness?
- What poses the biggest threat to me?
- Who’s in control here?

Advancement

 Howl at the Moon
When basked in moonlight, add 2 to your Dark score.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self
You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 30, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

Ahhh... Gutermuth Academy. Class 4, Seat 2. Right in front, so all can see just how wonderful I look. Don't say I never did anything for you.

With school freshly started, you'd think that people would be calm and collected. And, like you always are, you'd be wrong. Must be something in the Fall air, or just the way things are. Regardless, the combination of the upcoming dance, the Mandy-Alicia-Donny-Cassidy love quadrangle (I see you staring, "Wild Dog"), and Emmy freaking out about midterms has got the entire room buzzing. Ms. Myska's absence is only making things more charged. My back to the rest of them, I can feel the chatter rolling off of me like pure electricity. I smile hungrily.

I push down the smile and turn around, coolly surveying the room. Ahh... who to talk to...

Mandy, of course, is on a self-propelled collision course for heartbreak, but that's nothing new. Emmy is studying like the shut-in Asian nerd that she is. And Newt is... actually, I don't care. I really don't care. Mandy, though, looks about ready to rip open Alicia's eye sockets - I should do something...

I rise slowly, giving my desk a loud *rap* with a fingernail in order to make sure I draw some eyes. Then, I stare right at Cassidy as I walk slowly to her desk. As I pass Mandy, I give her shoulder a light flick - a reminder of sorts. With a swish of my hips, I approach Cassidy's desk and look at her with earnest.

"Hello, Ms. Slade," I begin, "Let's keep this simple, shall we? I need a favor, and in return, I could grant you... well, anything." I tilt my head slightly to Alicia and Donny, who have stayed pushing their desks together. Then, I raise an eyebrow, eager to hear Cassidy's response.

Rosabella turn on Cassidy = 5
Hard Move

Theme Song - KARA(카라) - CUPID(큐피드)

quote:

Name: Rosabella Park
Playbook: The Queen
Look: Stuck up, captivating eyes
Origin: The most popular kid in school

Stats
Hot: 1
Cold: 2
Volatile: -1
Dark: -1

Moves

The Clique
You’re at the head of the toughest, coolest, most powerful clique around. They count as a gang. They’re connected (with money and designer drugs).

Amanda Stromberg

Mandy - heiress to the Stromberg Hotel chain, is very likely even more wealthy than I am. Of course, that doesn't stop her from begging to spend time with me. All she ever talks about is boys, boys, boys - so boring. You'd think somebody would want more than just a piece of fresh meat but - well, there's no accounting for taste. I suppose she's nice enough to hang out with... if she wears a gag.

Emily Hamilton

Emmie - the genius of our little "group," as much as I despise the word. She's always done well in school, but mostly keeps to herself outside of studies. Honestly, she speaks the least out of everyone - I guess that's why I consider her my closest friend. Of course, she knows all the right people if you're looking for a good time, whether that means getting into parties or even having a little pick-me-up here and there.

Octavia Newton

Ahhhhh... Newt - what a wierdo! Always talking about weird things like politics or comic books. She always seems to know a little about everything. Of course, that's never translated well into a love life - poor little thing's never even been kissed! Died her hair like that when her father committed suicide after being caught in the Disk Corp fallout... I'd feel bad for her but nobody likes a sob story. Oh... and did I forget to mention that her mother is a senator?

And Your Enemies Closer
When someone betrays you, gain a String on them.

Many Bodies
When you promise one of your gang members to someone, add 2 to your roll to turn someone on. When one of your gang members has sex with someone, it triggers your sex move.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, they gain the Condition One of them. While the Condition remains, they count as part of your gang.

Darkest Self
They’ve failed you. This is all their fault, and there’s no reason why you should have to suffer the consequences of their idiocy. You need to make an example out of each of them, a cruel and unwavering example. You escape your Darkest Self when you relinquish part of your power over to someone more deserving, or when you destroy an innocent person in order to prove your might.

Backstory
Name three NPCs who are members of your gang. Gain a String on each.
You find someone threatening. Give them a String on you, and take two Strings on them.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 11, 2017

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hot: -1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: -

So, I am to ingratiate myself to the queen bee's hive? めんどくさいね。。。 I know Rosabella's type, I think, from what I've seen of her. I don't think it will be hard to do it. But there had better be a good reason for bothering. She reminds me of the sort of people I came here to get away from -- petty, selfish, and ultimately pointless. But that's just a reflexive judgment. Maybe I'm being too hard on her. Probably not, but maybe. It might be better to start with her friends. That's one of the problems with girls: they have their friends with them all of the time.

Mandy's one of them. I can see her giving Alicia murder-eyes, I guess because Donny is paying attention to Alicia and not her. Maybe she could use someone to help make him jealous?...

I only realize I'm accidentally staring at Mandy when Justin knocks me out of my thoughts. I really hope he didn't notice, or draw the wrong conclusion about it if he did. "I think I stayed up too late working on that extra-credit essay for English," I admit, though it might be a little rude -- a lot of people probably haven't even finished the main assignment yet. Oh well. "You had track last night, right? I could look over your algebra homework if you want." I stretch a little, working out the morning tiredness, and give him a smile. He was pretty terrible at math, we both knew it, and I didn't mind enabling him by making sure at least his homework looked good.

quote:

<SomeoneAwful> kenji turnin' on his bff justin
<SomeoneAwful> .roll 2d6-1
<Platonibot> SomeoneAwful: 3 (2d6-1=3, 1)

There seems to be some drama brewing behind me; I obligingly give Rosabella the curious look she really seems to want from everyone as she heads to Cassidy's desk. I'll keep an ear open for an opening; there might be some way I can help her without looking like a pathetic suck-up, if I wait for it.

quote:

Name: Kenji Yamasaki
Look: tense; piercing eyes
Origin: Emissary

Dark Power: ???

Hot -1
Cold -1
Volatile 2
Dark 1

Infernal Moves
- Soul Debt
Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.

- Unknowable
When you lash out physically against someone, on a 10 up, they lose 1 String on you. • On a 7-9, add to your list of
options: they lose 1 String on you.

quote:

Bargains
- The Power Flows Through You
You can give the dark power a String in order to add 2 to your next roll (choose before rolling).

- Strings Attached
You can ask the dark power for something that you really, really want. The MC will attach a price to the thing you want, and hint at an undesired twist in its nature. If you pay the price, you’ll get what you’re after.

Sex Move
When you have sex, the dark power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self
You can’t get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you, and it’ll promise you some lucrative (and perhaps volatile) things in return. Every demand you fulfill brings you a little closer to feeling whole again, to rekindling the fire in your heart. Whenever you fulfill those demands, remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain with an even more dangerous dark power.

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 15, 2016

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Snnnnnrk... snnnn- AH! I'm awake! I'm awake!" I spring back up awake. Crap, I fell asleep again, this is going to be a long day. Oh great, it's Queen Bitch herself, what the hell does she want? A part of me knows I should just tell her to go gently caress off back to her hive, but another part of me, the part that sees her tilting her head at Alicia, can't help but be a little curious. Ah hell, I'll listen to her, and then I'll tell her to gently caress off. Yea, that sounds good.

I cross my arms, narrow my eyes, and lean back on my chair, "A favor, huh? The hell do you need a favor from me for? Don't you have those servants you call your "friends" to do whatever you want? And what the hell do you think you can even give me that'd be worth my while?" I bare my teeth at her, and let out a little snarl, "You better not be not thinking that you can just buy me off."

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 17, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Exp: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

I smile as Cassidy takes the bait. "Well, I just couldn't help noticing that you have eyes for that one over there," I say with a gesture towards Alicia and Donny. "I'm not a fan of those two hooking up either, of course," I add, as Mandy angrily sharpens a pencil behind me

"Luckily, I've come up with a perfect plan to solve both of our problems!" I flash a bright smile, "I'll go get Donny all for myself, and you can just go kill yourself." I cock my head and pause, savoring the moment, then turn on a dime and head towards Alicia and Donny.

Rosabella shut down Cassidy = 13
Taking a String
Marking experience

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I slam a fist on the table hard, almost breaking it. I should've known, I should've known this is the kind of bullshit she'd pull, and I loving fell for it! "You loving BITCH!" I shoot up, out of my chair, "I'M GOING TO loving MUR-" I feel a tug on my shoulder. It's Dana. She just looks at me, and shakes her head. I glare at Rosa, and all I can think about is how much I just want to rip that smarmy smile off her face, but Dana doesn't let go of me. "Tch." I sit back down. I'm not happy, at all. You can have your win today, Rosa, but next time, you better be praying that Dana or someone who actually gives a poo poo about is you around, cuz if it's just me, then- well, let's just say you don't want to be alone when a wolf bares it's fangs.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Oct 17, 2016

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark 1
XP 1/5, Harm 0/4, Conditions: Nobody

There's trouble brewing with Rosabella and Cassidy, but it looks like it might be quiet for now? They've both said their parts... even though it seems like Rosabella might have really gotten to Cassidy, this time. Cass seems seriously angry, and I don't blame her, and I can't even say what she wants to do is wrong, but... it'd mean a lot of trouble if this got any worse. I know how things with athletics goes. Especially after I talked to Justin.

Justin says he's worried; his dad says the administration might be thinking about cutbacks in athletic scholarships, and that some athletic-scholarship kids might be in trouble if anything slips. Something about "undesirable elements" and how they're trying to crack down? ... I'm not here on athletics scholarships, but we have some guys on the team who are, so that's something to worry about, if we want to keep the teams competitive, right? I agreed with his worry, I guess. Told him I'd be in a pretty bad place if we had any problems with the wrestling team because of that, because... I will be. Those guys are okay with me, right? Most people aren't. I can't afford to lose them. And... I don't want to lose Cassidy, either, even if she's not quite close to me yet.

I think for a moment, then rip a piece of paper out of my notebook and start writing:

quote:

Don't give Rosabella the time of day. She doesn't know anything.
I fold it and pass it to Dana, with a nod so hopefully she'll give it to Cassidy. Hopefully.

Turn On Cassidy: 2d6-1 6
Spending a string on Cassidy to bump that to a 7. Taking my hot XP, too.

quote:

The Sasquatch
Tentative, sensitive eyes
Abandoned

Hot -1
Cold -1
Volatile 2
Dark 1

Moves:

Musk
You have a distinct smell, unpleasant to some, intriguing to others. When you sweat in the presence of other people, roll with volatile. On a 10 up, the MC gives you a String on someone there and they choose:
* compliment you,
* apologize to you,
* give themselves to you.
On a 7-9, the MC gives you a String on someone there, and that character gives you a Condition, delivered in the most appropriate way.

Icebreaker
You radiate awkwardness and people don't know how to talk around you. When someone speaks to break a silence or to start a new conversation, you may roll with dark. On a 10 up, choose two of these questions for them to blurt truthful answers to, whether or not you actually ask. On a 7-9, choose one question and during this conversation you both blurt out truthful answers to it.
* Who do you want to make out with?
* What don't you want me to find out?
* What do you intend to do?
* What do you wish I'd do?
* What are you scared of?
* What are you ashamed of?
* Do you like me?

The Long Fuse
When you or someone wrapped in your arms would take harm, you may negate that harm. If you do so, name something that you hold dear - if you don't destroy that something later, do yourself the harm then.

Sex Move
The person you have sex with smells like you afterward, and gains the Condition scented. If they face their peers before scrubbing it off, they mark experience.

Darkest Self
Now, right now, it's time to rain stones down upon the bullies and the excluders. It's time to wreck their precious stuff, to shove them back so hard that they'll never even dream of messing with you or anyone ever, ever again. You escape your Darkest Self when you hurt one of those people more than they've ever hurt anyone else... and more than you meant to.

Backstory
You've been a wallflower all your life, but Cassidy finally noticed you. Give them a String.

Rosabella makes fun of you. What do they say? They give you a Condition, and you gain 2 Strings on them.

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Oct 16, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Rosabella: When you walk to Cassidy, Dana sees what you're up to. Even if she's not quick enough to do anything about it.

Dana takes a String on you

"Don't worry about her," you hear her say to Cassidy as you walk away. "She not worth it. She's not worth anything."

Dana spends her String to give you the condition Worthless

What do you do?

Cassidy: Before Rosabella shows up, you think on how to impress Alicia. From what you know of her, and what you’ve discovered following her, you could probably get her interest just by being fairly direct and just asking her. She seems to like you at least a little bit too, what with always giving you a smile when you pass each other in the halls. You might not even need to worry too much about her thinking you're too aggressive.

Meanwhile, Dana hands you a note apparently from Gavin. What do you do?

Kenji: Justin looks over to where you where staring. "You interested in Mandy? Good luck getting there," he says while taking out his homework. Seems like he did reach the conclusion you didn't want him to. He's about to start talking about the homework when that whole eruption just happened. He, along with almost everyone else in class, is watching it. You might be able to jump in here. What do you do?

Alicia: "Oh, yeah. Sure," Donny says as you guide his head to where it needs to be. But then Cassidy begins yelling at Rosabella and he moves to see what's going on. Rosabella is heading your way too. What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 16, 2016

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hot: -1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: -

That's bold, Rosabella. Colder than ice, yes, of course. But in a twisted way, I think I respect it. As horrible of a thing to say as it was, there's a kind of purity to her vitriol. No one -- absolutely no one I've ever known would have openly said such a thing, whether it was their own isolated feeling or the consensus of everyone in the room. And of all the people to provoke, she goes for Cassidy? One look in her eyes and you can tell she's absolutely unafraid to draw blood, even here in the classroom, and she's strong enough I'm seriously surprised the girl next to her was able to keep her from launching out of her seat to defend her own honor.

Like I said. Bold.

"Donny? Aiming a little low, aren't you?" I ask Rosabella as she walks past. She can take the smirk I flash her as an indication of a better target, if she wants to; truthfully, I'm just too amused by what has passed to not.

quote:

<SomeoneAwful> bracing for failure
<SomeoneAwful> Turn On rosabella
<Platonibot> SomeoneAwful: 2 (2d6-1=2, 1)
<SomeoneAwful> yikes

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Kenji: You might be trying to integrate yourself with Rosabella, but your amusement at the situation comes across despite your attempts to control it.

Rosabella takes a String on you

What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Drained

"Yea, you're right, as usual," I relax back on my chair, and let out a heavy groan. I feel most of the rage inside me start to leave. Most of it. I'm still a little angry. Christ, I must be way more tired than I thought. Any other day of the week I woulda just flipped her off and called it a day, but not today. Today I had to be an idiot and fall for her bait. Ugh, whatever, I'm too tired for this poo poo.

Dana hands me a note. It's from Gavin.

quote:

Don't give Rosabella the time of day. She doesn't know anything.

Heh, he's totally right there. She doesn't know anything, and she has no idea how vicious I can get. She made a fool out of me, and I think it's time to show everybody, including her, that you never mess with a Slade.

Giving a String to Gavin for the hot roll.

I get up from my chair again, and march my way to Alicia's desk. On my way there, I make sure to bump into Rosabella, hard. "Whoops, sorry," I stop and give her a sarcastic shrug, "Didn't mean to do that. I just have a hard time noticing trash." I continue on my march, until I'm close to Alicia and Donny. "Excuse me," I tap Donny on his shoulder to get his attention, and once he turns to face me, I grab him by his collar and forcefully lift him up, "I'm going to need you to get lost for a bit." I let go, and push him into the direction of, what was her name again? Mindy? Mandy? Yea, that's probably right. It was supposed to be a light push, but I ended up pushing him a little too hard. I see him trip and bang his head on Mandy's desk, and I grimace a little. Right, I forgot to hold back again, oops. Ah, whatever, he'll be fine. "There, he's all yours now, if he's still conscious."

quote:

<Hugzilla> time for some terrible teen decisions
<Hugzilla> Lashing out on Donny
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 8+2 = 10

I deal harm to Donny, and I choose for him to hold steady, and I gain a string on him from Primal Dominance. Marking XP too.

What was I here for again? Oh, right, Alicia. Oh, hm, I guess I should ask her, right? "Uh," I look away from her, and awkwardly rub the back of my head, "So... uh," Oh come on. I had no problem calling Rosabella a huge bitch, why does talking to Alicia have to be so hard? "...Hi."

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 17, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Exp: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Worthless

I smile as Cassidy explodes in anger behind me. It's not even that I have any interest in Donny, Cassidy's just been so rebellious lately and has needed a little bump to her ego. Honestly, what I do is more of a public service.

But then Dana chimes in with her unwelcome and inaccurate comments. I make a mental note to look into her more - what her parents do, their financial situation, any criminal history, hospital records. Everybody has a weakness. Everybody. And a poor little thing like her's bound to have some embarrassing demons. I'll be just the person to find them and put her back in her place.

My mood darkened a bit, I calmly walk away, until another interruption. Kenji - that weird kid from Japan. He... hits on me. And poorly at that. I raise an eyebrow at the boy, then roll my eyes and turn away.

I rock a bit as somebody - Cassidy! - bumps me as she stomps past me. I glower at her back, dark thoughts coming to mind, violent ones at that, but I suppress them immediately. No, for her, something much worse. Something she'll never recover from. Wheels turn in my head as I ponder the possibilities.

However, as I watch the scene between Alicia, Donny, and Cassidy, I suddenly realize several things at once. Cassidy's affection is actually for Alicia, not Donny like I had thought - and while that might make Mandy happy, it puts Alicia in danger of being thrown out with the trash. Not that I like Alicia or anything... but she is quite beautiful and talented, and that's something more valuable than many things. Definitely not something somebody like Cassidy could appreciate - the dog probably hasn't even stepped into an art gallery. I smirk as a plan starts to formulate in my head.

I step back, turning, and lock eyes with Kenji. "Actually," I start, "As a member of the newspaper, you have access to the auditorium, right?" I lean forward into his desk, drawing close the him, then speak in a lowered voice intended to draw him towards me. "My friends and I were planning a party for later this week, but unfortunately the venue pulled out at the last minute." I reach out and brush his cheek lightly with a fingertip, "I don't suppose you could arrange for us to use the auditorium on Friday?"

Rosabella turn on Kenji = 11
Taking a String

"You'll be invited, of course. And friends of mine get treated very well..." I trail off, leaving him to fill in the blanks.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 17, 2016

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Oh. So Cassidy wasn't making eyes at Donny? That's one to file away. The poor guy is an idiot, sure, but he doesn't deserve to be concussed over talking to the wrong girl at the wrong time. It's no wonder she can get guys to back down just by yelling at them, if she's like this. I hope Alicia has the sense to stay away from someone that violent.

Oh well. It isn't my problem, at least not immediately, and it seems that Rosabella is giving me an in (and though having her full attention feels a bit like being a fly in a spiderweb, I still can't help appreciating the moment). "I can pull a couple of strings, sure. Consider it done."

It should go that easily, anyway. Things rarely do.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: -

Whoa! Like Donny, I look over at Cassidy and Rosabella at Cassidy's outburst, a bit eagerly. Are they going to fight? But no, Dana calms her down, that's a shame... I'm about to try and get his attention back to posing prettily for me to draw, but things aren't over just yet, Cassidy shoves rams hard into Rosabella as she passes, nice one, and then tosses Donny at Mandy! Wow, is she? I think she is! Part of me is a bit upset about her treating Donny like that, especially when I was having such fun with him, but.... She's making a move on me, right? Trying to 'claim' me? I can't be mad about that, no, it's exciting if anything. Grinning at her sudden awkwardness, I lean back in my chair slightly, at wink. "Hi~" My smile gets broader, and I decide to take some pity on her, offering a prompt, "did you want me for something?" I add just a little emphasis to the key words there.

[13:49:42] <GhostFish> turn on Cassidy
[13:49:44] <GhostFish> !r 2d6+2
[13:49:45] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 7+2 = 9
self promise string

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Kenji nods his in agreement, and I give him a blinding smile. With a sly wink, I take my leave, my hand trailing in a pointed arc across his desk - my fingernail digging into the worn surface.

I waltz now across the room, where Mandy is now nursing an injured Donny back to life - good luck, Donny, it won't last long - and shimmy my way past Cassidy to take a spot on the other side of Alicia's desk. I give them both an eager smile, then direct my attention Cassidy's way, "Careful, dear," I begin, "You wouldn't want to develop a reputation for being violent. Those things can be terribly hard to shake." I raise an eyebrow, "Well, it at least gives me a chance to do something nice for you. To make up for our... earlier disagreement."

I reach down and place a hand on Alicia's shoulder, giving it a tiny squeeze, looking her deep in the eyes. "You see, Kenji over there just saved a party that I was afraid that I was going to have to cancel. Now that it's on campus, I figure - why not invite the entire class? Surely, you'd both like to come, right?" I raise my eyes now to Cassidy, eager to see her reaction, "... as a couple?"

14:00 Ferg rosabella turn on alicia
14:00 Ferg .roll 2d6+1
14:00 Platonibot Ferg: 10 (2d6+1=4, 5)
String me

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Ngn." Cassidy, come on. You've taken down people twice your size when you were 15. You can talk to this... really pretty girl... who smells... really nice. "Hoo boy! Is it just me, or did it get kinda hot in here?" I let out an awkward laugh.

And then she smiles at me, and I'm done. My heart feels like it's about to leap out of my chest, and my face is as red as a tomato, "I-well, uh... you see... I... ummmm.... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." Also, I apparently lost my ability to speak. Just say the words! Just say, "Hey, do you wanna go out with me to the Halloween party?" It's not that hard! AGH. How could this get any worse!?

As soon as I thought that, Rosabella sits down next to her, and whatever awkwardness I had in me is replaced with anger again. You want to make up for our earlier disagreement? Yea, sure, I'll tell how you can make up. You can do it by shoving your own head up your a-

Surely, you'd both like to come, right?... as a couple?"

I freeze up as soon as she says it. "W-w-what!?"

No! This is a trick! It's just another trick! I know it, she's planning something!

"D-don't listen to her!" I blurt out at Alicia, barely holding myself together, "She's just- just tricking us! You! You know what I mean! She's a snake! A no good snake! I mean, you know, I'd like to go out with you, but not to whatever she has in mind! I'd-I'd really like to see your paintings! And I'd-I'd really like it if you can paint me too."

quote:

<Hugzilla> Turn on Alicia
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<GhostFish> somehow
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 10+1 = 11

Taking that string! Also, I've chosen to give myself in to Alicia for the turn on roll.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 18, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: -

"It did when you came around~" I wink at her, grinning even wider, though that doesn't last too long. Rosabella... Now what does she want? Trying to cut Cassidy off probably, feeling jealous? Oh... that's... hmm. But wait, Cassidy is talking, aww... She's adorable, and her awkwardness somehow makes her very physical presence even more appealing. "I'd love to paint you Cassidy." Grin comes back here. "And going to the party together with you is something else I'd love." Like Cassidy, I'm immediately suspicious of Rosabella here, but unlike her, I have some ways around it. "Rosabella..." I reach up to put my hand on hers, smiling sweetly, and enjoying her touch a bit more than I should be, probably. "I'm sure you aren't plotting anything, no tricks. Since you're trying to make amends, can you promise nothing bad will happen if we go to your party together?" I stare up into her eyes, gosh, they're awfully pretty... like the rest of her... it's just a shame they're attached to someone whose pretty awful. And you know, if Rosabella keeps her word, maybe I've misjudged her. And if I have... there might be something there worthwhile for me to look into.

[14:42:37] <GhostFish> turn on Rosabella :v
[14:42:40] <GhostFish> !r 2d6+2
[14:42:40] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 5+2 = 7
self promise string

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassidy: Donny barely has time to register surprise on his face before tumbling into the desk. Mandy looks shocked, but also kind of delighted in the opportunity she now has. From behind, you can see Dana just watching in disapproval at everything going on. What do you do?

Rosabella: Mandy looks at you in surprise as you invite Cassidy to the party. "Uh, really? Do you want to have a violent lunatic ruin everything?" What do you do?

Gavin: So Cassidy just attacked Donny, who wasn't even doing anything to her. Are you going to get involved in this? What do you do?

Kenji: Who do you plan to talk to about getting the auditorium for use?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

My jab has its intended effect - Cassidy is reduced to a stuttering mess, though Alicia takes it in stride. For a second I pause as she looks back up at me with her gorgeous eyes and strokes my hand - how cool! - but of course she ruins the moment by asking me to promise that nothing will go wrong. I pause again, this time as I consider her offer. Ruining Cassidy is obviously a top priority - but Alicia's good side is a good place to be. Wait... what am I saying?!

I'm the one who should be asking her for something, not the other way around. I quickly rework the plan in my head - I will get what I want, all of it.

I return Alicia's gaze, "No tricks - I promise. But I was thinking of holding some sort of charity auction, perhaps you'd like to submit some pieces for it? I could come over later and check out your collection... if you'd like, of course. Just let me know." I give her a wink, before turning sharply and heading back to my chair. Ms. Myska is bound to show up eventually - it wouldn't be proper for someone like me to get detention.

As I return to my chair, Mandy buzzes in my ear, whispering harshly about inviting Cassidy to the party. "Oh, do relax mon chere - you've known me long enough to know I always have something up my sleeve." I lean back, relax, and start to ponder the possibilities from here.

18:15 Ferg rosabella gaze about cassidy and what her motivations are
18:15 Ferg .roll 2d6-1
18:15 Platonibot Ferg: 8 (2d6-1=5, 4)
The visions are confusing and alarming - I'd imagine something from her wolf form would do the trick

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hot: -1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Drained

This is fine.

Rosabella's up to something with this party she's arranging but I don't actually care that much. I've secured a good position, as long as I can deliver (which I can). If When she ends up making another bold move on Friday, I'll be present, but sufficiently detached enough to act as I (or that person) see fit. I am bothered by Alicia's lack of concern over Cassidy's violence, too. It isn't my duty to save Alicia -- or anyone except those I and that person choose -- but if she is so naive about an obviously dangerous person then there's no harm in keeping an eye out for her where I can.

The auditorium, though. There are plenty of staff members who I could seek permission from, besides the vice-principal and principal themselves, who would be the most direct route. Ms. DeRoss, the teacher who runs the drama club, for example; I've talked to her before to get permission to go backstage for the "Welcome to Gutermuth" play the seniors ran, so I assume she'd be someone I could get permission from. But there are others, and no one says I can't ask multiple people if one says no. And if they all do... I'll have to dig a little deeper, is all.

I run through the list of faculty names in my head, making a mental note of which ones stand out as likely candidates... Just to be sure...

quote:

<SomeoneAwayful> gazing about how to be a good and helpful kenji
<SomeoneAwayful> .roll 2d6+1
<Platonibot> SomeoneAwayful: 8 (2d6+1=5, 2)
Taking lucid and detailed + draining

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

XP 2/5, Harm 0/4, Conditions: Nobody

Oh, I don't like this. I don't like any of this. I knew Cassidy had a wild side -- anyone would, after today -- but Donny D'Amico? He's so... harmless. He's not even really there, almost. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, I guess? But... that wasn't needed.

And now there's a party, and Rosabella's inviting Cassidy, and... oh, I really don't like this. I can feel in my bones that something's going to go really wrong, and as much as I'd rather just put it out of my mind, I feel like... I have to get involved if something's going this far wrong, right? I need to try and find a way to understand people better. And maybe that means going to this party. But...

I close my eyes and try to feel what's going on in the room. Sometimes I understand things better when I'm not consciously thinking about them, not taking them in with the obvious senses. That's probably crazy, but that's life.

Gaze into the Abyss about what's gonna go down at the party: 2d6+1 8
Confusing! Alarming!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

For one moment, I'm aware of everybody staring at me. They're all looking at me, like I'm some kind of unhinged animal, and well- Okay, a part of that is true, sure, but that's- that's not who I am. "H-hey, what's everybody looking at me for? I didn't do anything wrong! I- I-" No, that's a lie. I know exactly what I did, and I feel a sharp pain of guilt as Dana looks at me with those disapproving eyes of her. I hosed up. Again.

"Hey! Look, I didn't mean for Donny to get hurt, alright!? I was just going to give him a little push! I forgot to watch my own strength, okay!?" Great, that sure doesn't sound like a load of bull, but what the hell else do I say? Sorry, I'm really strong because of a werewolf curse on me? Yea, cuz I really like the idea of being hunted down like an animal. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry." I trail off a little. This is pathetic. "Hey, Min-Mandy," I see her little look of shock and fear when I talk to her directly, and I don't blame her, "When Donny gains consciousness, tell him- tell him I'm really sorry, and I owe him free lunch, or a free punch to my face. Whatever."

I turn to talk to Alicia, "I'm- I'm just going to return to my seat. I'll... talk to you after class, yea?"

I walk back to my seat, not making eye contact with anybody. I'm just too ashamed of myself right now, and I see how Dana is glowering at me. I sink back into my chair, and let out a long, frustrated, sigh.

This is going to be a long loving day.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 18, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Rosabella: Mandy sees your expression. "Well, all right I guess..." she says out loud to keep up the act. When you sit down, she whispers back "Hope you know what you're doing Rosy."

As you lean back, you think on what motivations could be at play here. Cassidy is a pretty open book - you're sure you got the fact that she's interested in Alicia correct. But everyone has their limit. You realize, through thinking about it, that Cassidy might be closer to the edge then you thought before. You saw what she just did to Donny and she clearly hasn't reach it yet. If you do something to her and it's too much...well, better hope you're not around. What do you do?

Kenji: Thinking on the staff you've met and who it would be best to ask, you come up with two candidates:

Ms. DeRoss is a good choice. You'd need to to give her a really good reason to allow it however, and she'd want to make sure everything is set up according to what allowed by the school. Once you got the party going on though, she'd probably leave if she thought things were fine on their own.

Mr. Cotterill, the English teacher, is another choice. This would be a bit tricky - he's kind of young and new to the school. He wants to be seen as cool by the other students so you'd have an easy time getting permission. He's not very hands on, so you could get things set up without interference. But he'd probably insist on chaperoning and making sure nothing against the rules is going on the whole time. It'd let him sort of attend the party too, so there's that.

What do you do?

Gavin You sense...a lot of feelings in the room. Conflicting feelings. Anger, jealousy, rage, superiority, wrath...in fact, that last one kind of sticks out. Seems like the conflicts that started up today aren't going to end here even if it looks like it. But where and how they'll show up? That's a good question. What do you do?

Alicia: Well that was two girls competing for your affect. How does that make you feel? What do you do?

As the second hand on the clock reaches the 12, the door opens. Ms. Myska walks in, right on time as usual. She's setting down at her desk when she notices Donny. She looks at the large bruise on his head and begins examining everyone's faces. "What happened here?" What do you all do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"It was me," I raise my hand up, head still looking low in shame, "It's my fault. I made a mistake and Donny got himself hurt because of me."

Guilt has taken over me at this point. Better to admit my mistakes now, yea? I think it's better. I'm used to getting yelled at and disappointing people, so it's not like it's a huge deal. I might as well take some responsibility for my own, stupids actions. God, I just want to run away so badly, leave this place, and just-just let myself turn, let myself go wild. At least then I wouldn't feel like such a loving screw-up.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Exp: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Worthless

I'm not sure what it is that I sensed about Cassidy, but what I say next seems to leave the whole room in shock. "Ms. Myska? Actually, I think Cassidy isn't telling the whole truth." I turn and look the rugged girl in the eye. "Cassidy here was just trying to walk past him, when the silly klutz tripped and hit his face on the desk." I turn back to Myska and roll my eyes, "You know, boys."

Rosabella manipulate myska to let it go = 6
Hard Move
This is what I get for trying to do something nice

Even as the words leave my lips, I can tell that Myska won't buy it. Her brow furrows in response. Sigh... this is what I get for trying to do something nice.

also just noticed I forgot to mark experience for using dark highlight

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 18, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Perfect. If Rosabella is planning anything, she'll regret it, and if not, then I have a strong, attractive, forceful and shy date for a party tonight. "Sure Rosabella, come on by whenever." She's earn my trust, for the moment, anyway. We'll see how that pans out. In the meantime, I have some things to say to Cassidy, but before I can, she runs off back to her seat. I tear off a fresh piece of paper to write on it, but before I can finish a note, the teacher arrives as well, hmm, how frustrating. Even so, hard to be in a bad mood, after Cassidy and Rosabella were fighting over me. Sure, there's one I'd rather have over the other, but... I'm not going to complain about them both wanting me. It's an excellent feeling. As for what's happening now, hmm. I don't want Cassidy getting detention tonight or anything.

I lean over to Donny, who seems to be more or less recovered, if with a large bruise, and put a hand on his shoulder, leaning in closer to whisper. "Hey. I'm sorry about what happened, but don't hold it against Cassidy, right? She don't think she meant it to hurt you. She looked pretty guilty. Do it for me?" I give him bright, puppy dog eyes. "Want to meet up at lunch to finish your drawing?"

[21:45:33] <GhostFish> manipulate Donny
[21:45:35] <GhostFish> !r 2d6+2
[21:45:35] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 11+2 = 13
try to get Cassidy off Donny~

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassidy: "We're going to have to delay class because of you. Come on, let's go to the principal's office." She gets up, only to be interrupted by an attempt from Rosabella to get you out of trouble. It didn't work though. What do you do?

Rosabella: "Nice try. You can come along and explain why you tried to lie to cover up what she did." Ms. Myska opens the door again, and motions for you two to come along. What do you do?

Alicia: Donny rubs his head and thinks about it for a little while longer then normal. "Okay. I guess. But just this once." Mandy scowls at you, and you can see she's not going to give up easily. What do you do?

To the rest of the class she says "Apologizes for the delay. We might have to wait a little bit longer before starting class. Just sit in your seats and wait until I come back." What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Thanks Donny, you're good people." I give his hand a squeeze. Mandy can go sit on a porcupine, who cares what she thinks about this. Even if Rosabella isn't as bad as some, Mandy definitely is. I give her a slightly mocking smile, and lean back in my seat. It's a shame I didn't convince Donny to say anything in time to stop Ms. Msyksa, but I can only do so much. I'll just have to hope they get off lightly. "I think you'll like the result, it's coming along nicely, and you're such a good model." I'm mostly talking to be talking, and to keep his attention away from Mandy, because it's obviously pissing her off to not be his focus of attention.

[22:19:12] <GhostFish> shut down Mandy
[22:19:14] <GhostFish> !r 2d6-1
[22:19:15] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 10-1 = 9
Condition Swap, Mandy can have 'Second Place'

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Alicia: "I don't think you care too much about who exactly...models for you," Mandy hisses. You can sense the implication there easily.

Take the condition Slut

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hot: -1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Drained

Mr. Cotterill... I feel tired just thinking about him. He tries too hard, and cares too much if his students like him. At least my work on his extra credit essay will give me a good excuse to talk to him after class, if I can't talk to Ms. DeRoss. I feel that fewer eyes on Rosabella's... plans... might be for the best, but there is something to be said for fighting the simpler battle.

I feel a grain of respect return for Cassidy. At least she didn't lie, and Rosabella's attempt to cover for her was thin. This is good: she can't learn to better herself if she doesn't face punishment.

(That sounds like something my father would say.)

As the teacher tows the pair out to be disciplined, I turn in my seat to talk to the girl who'd been holding back Cassidy. I think her name's Dana; we haven't really talked much, but I can't imagine she feels much better about this situation than I do. "Is she always like that?" I ask, with a slight touch of genuine concern.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Slut

"Oh, that was unprovoked!" I turn my smirk more directly on her. "Sorry dear, I only draw interesting people. Maybe in your next life."

Forgot to indicate exp for hot and cold rolled this scene.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Rosabella's defense takes me by surprise. Okay, sure, she did it in that passive-agressive Rosa way, but it's not what I expected. I thought for sure she'd make me look worse, or maybe this is all a trick again? Maybe she's setting me up for something worse, or maybe I just really don't care now.

My heart sinks when Ms. Myska mentions going to the principle office. I can't wait for him to call mom so we can have another yelling session.

"...Yea, okay." I slump over, put my hands in my pocket, and try to prepare myself for the hell that'll be the next few minutes.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

XP 2/5, Harm 0/4, Conditions: Nobody

... Wrath. Yes, that's impossible to get around, isn't it? Maybe if I go to the party, I can... try and make it better? ... I won't, I know. It'll just make it worse, somehow. But maybe I should try.

For now, though, I'm still a little worried about Donny. Whatever's going to happen with Rosabella and Cassidy will work itself out, but, like... is he okay? I stand up, open my eyes, and step towards him. "Do you need to go to the nurse or anything?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Kenji: Dana looks at you, stone-faced. "Why do you want to know? So you can get more of Rosa's favor?" What do you do?

Gavin: Donny slowly stands up. "Uh...I don't...think so? Seems fine. I think." But then Mandy spies her opportunity. "He's right Donny, you should go. Just in case. I can help you there if you need it." She doesn't even seem to realize that you were trying to help. What do you do?

Cassidy and Rosabella: There's complete silence on the way to the principal's office. Ms. Myska motions to a pair of chairs for you to sit in and says "Stay there while I get this sorted out." She lightly knocks on the door, and then opens it. You two have a little bit of time to talk if you want to. What do you do?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I deserved that, but whatever. There's no point letting Dana get under my skin. "If that were the case, why would I ask? Rosabella's -- you saw the same thing I did. It looks like she treats her friends as well as she treats everyone else." I struggle to find diplomatic language. "Cassidy didn't deserve that, and I owe her. If I'm putting this party together, I can make sure Rosabella doesn't ruin whatever Cassidy has going on with Alicia. But if she's dangerous..."

I trail off there with a one-shouldered shrug. "I'm as worried about Cassidy as I am everyone else. Do you know any way I can help her?"

quote:

<SomeoneAwful> manipulate dana
<Platonibot> SomeoneAwful: 7 (2d6-1=2, 6)
Trying to convince her to tell me something interesting or useful about Cassidy.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Great, I'm stuck with Rosabella, alone. That's just what I want. Why couldn't it be Alicia instead? Hell, I'd even settle for Gavin. Guy's a little awkward, but at least he's a good person... I think. Still, I'm a little curious about why Rosabella did what she did. I'm probably going to regret asking this. She's probably going to say something to piss me off again, but... hell with it, I'm too curious.

"So," I say after a bit, my voice unnaturally calm, "Why'd ya do that? You coulda made things worse for me. That's what ya wanted, right? Why bother getting yourself in trouble for me when you hate my guts? Heh, don't tell me ya secretly have a thing for me." I chuckle a bit at her.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Cassidy turn on Rosabella
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7+1 = 8
Give self to me, Promise me something you think I want, or give me a string.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Exp: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Worthless

Ms. Myska banishes me to the principal's office, and while my mind roils with snappy comebacks and insults - does she even know who pays her salary? - the trip would give me an opportunity I might never get again: a moment to alone with Cassidy.

At this point you may be wondering, "why?!" Well... stay tuned. Things are about to get interesting.

I hum to myself as we walk through the halls, vaunted and decorated, as it leads to the principal's office. Myska motions to our chairs and tells us to wait quietly. Of course as soon as she's gone, Cassidy opens get mouth, wondering why I tried to protect her.

I sigh, then give her my full attention. "You're right. I could have made it worse, a lot worse. You'd probably be getting thrown into a police car about now."

I give her an earnest look, shaking my head. "But that's not what i want. Why would I want you in jail? What do I get out of that?" I raise my eyebrows and shrug, "Everybody here hates me. Everybody thinks they know who I am, that I want to destroy everyone and burn this place down. Everybody thinks that I'm a monster - you don't know what that's like."

I turn and stare off down the hallway, "They don't know anything," I spit out. "You... don't know anything... about me. You see..." I pull my legs up onto the chair, staring at the girl over the tips of my knees, "I need you. I need somebody like you. Those other three, yes, they have their uses. But sometimes, you need to play dirty. And you... you're a goddamn mud pit."

I begin to play with my fingernails a little bit. "So there you go. After this morning... you know what I'm capable of. And everybody knows what you're capable of." I turn and look her dead in the eyes, "Help me, and I'll make sure you get what you want. I promise. Hell, I'll even help you learn about the finer things in life - we both know Alicia deserves them."

"But cross me," I add as my eyes harden, "And I'll destroy you." I return to a normal sitting positron then, and hum out a few more notes. "Up to you, of course."

Spending a String to offer Cassidy an experience point if she joins my gang.
Also promising to help her get Alicia if she accepts.

• Locked thread