Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hot: -1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: One Of Them

I can almost physically feel my relief, it's that extreme. She gets it? "Yeah, exactly. There was nobody back home I would even have wanted to see things with."

I keep her hand in mine as the bus rolls up, and let her pick whatever seat she wants. It doesn't seem like she minds being seen like this, so why should I argue it? Even if she's texting whoever she is intermittently (is that an American thing?), this is still pretty nice. To just be able to talk, and have a good time, and relax a little. Is that why Mr. Voice-In-My-Head wanted me to get to know her, because she'd be a good friend? It's nice of him -- it -- to look out for me. I hope we'll be able to do something good for Alicia, eventually, once I get to know her better.

"So, what kind of food do you like, anyway? And more importantly, can you get it in Holbrook?"

Dunno how you wanna handle scene transition/bus ride whatever but here's a post anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Slut, Put in her place

"Hmm, hard to pick a favorite, I like to try different things, no point just sticking to what you know, right? I've been wanting to try Ethiopian, but there isn't anywhere for that in Holbrook." Not a lot of choices really, "have you had pizza before? I don't mean the stuff Gutermuth serves at lunch, but like, real pizza? There's a pretty good place in town if you haven't." I don't know if they do pizza in Japan...

I grab us one of the double seats on the bus, and lean myself up against him - resting my shoulder against his, nothing intentionally sexy about it, not that that idea doesn't have potential - and continue to talk about food and life in general as the bus takes us into town. Partway through the trip, I can feel the knowledge that Cassidy just kept her promise, and start grinning uncontrollably. I wish I didn't have to wait until I felt my phone vibrate with some texts before I could thank her for it, but it'd be weird if I did before she told me. Still, once it comes in, I take my phone out to send a few messages back at once.

@Cassidy posted:

counts in my book
thanks for doing that <3

you might have a point though yeah
didn't really think about that part
but if you want to go anyway, I can guarantee she'll regret it if she tries anything
I'll let you decide

I'm heading into holbrook for dinner
was planning on eating before the party
but if we're not doing that hmm

I look at the sent messages for a moment, then look back up at Kenji, I told him I'd have dinner with him, so I'm definitely not going to back out on that, but... "Hey Kenji, keep it a secret, okay? But Cassidy just hit Rosabella for me, so we're probably gonna be ditching the party. Do you mind if she comes to join us for dinner? I don't know how much you wanted it to be just us, so I'm seriously, if you do mind, just say it, and I don't be upset or anything, I said I'd come along, and you're paying and all that, so this is your party- but thought I'd ask. I'm sure we could have some fun the three of us." I was thinking of the kind of fun three friends could have getting drunk and maybe getting shown a glimpse of Faerie, but after I said it, I started thinking of other ways the three of us could have fun... though I'm not sure if Cass is into guys at all.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot: 1 Cold: -1 Volatile: 2 Dark: -1
Harm:1/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions:

So, I know I should feel bad about what I did to Rosabella. Girl's as fragile as a twig, and she's probably going to be feeling that pain for a good, long while, but ya know what? I don't. It felt drat good. She's been playing me like a drat fiddle, using my own emotions against me. She thought she could tame me into being her pet dog. Guess what, sister? Turns out ya can't tame a wild animal that easily. I'm done being your puppet. Oh, she's gonna be pissed for sure. She's probably gonna bring down the wrath a god on me, and try to make my life a living hell. People like her? They don't forget. She's gonna do everything she can to crush me down until I'm nothing but dirt under her heels.

And I say bring it on. I'll take whatever you throw at me, Rosabella. If it's a fight you want, you better be prepared to go all out, cuz I'm done holding back. Heh, I can't believe I'm actually getting excited for this. It's been a long time since I've been this excited for a fight.

Oh, my phone's vibrating. Alicia? A smile creeps across my face reading her message. God, I can't stay mad at you, can I?

Alicia posted:

u'll make her regret it? lol wow alicia i didnt no u had a mean streak. u shud show me that sometime ;)

hmmmmmmmmmm yea i dunno. itd be fun 2 go to piss her off but u no what shes like

do u wanna talk over dinner? i got smth i need 2 take care of but i might be able to join u if u don't mind

Kenji'll probably be there, too. But I don't think I mind? Who knows, maybe it'll be fun to hang around with him? Like, fun in a "let's grab a couple of beers and get totally shitfaced" kind of way. Not the... other... thing. Guys aren't usually my thing. I mean, they're okay, and they can be decent lays, but... yea, not my thing. But if it's what Alicia wants...

Gah! Now's not the time for that! I still need to find Dana. I've wasted too much time with Rosabella. Just keep following the scent, and you'll find her.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hot: -1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: One Of Them

"She hit Rosabella? Wow." I hate myself for feeling the slightest pang of worry; I saw how Cassidy was with Donny and that was over pretty much nothing, so I'm concerned -- really concerned --if Rosa's okay, but at the same time... ugh. Maybe she deserved it.

Probably she did.

And it made Alicia happy, so... I can at least not let on that I care. Even if I'm a little more scared of Cassidy now, that just makes it more important that I figure out how to get on her good side and stay there. No better way to figure them both out than to see them together, right?

"Yeah, of course she can come. We were headed out here to get away from all that Rosabella bullshit anyway, right? Sounds like she needs it most of all." I give Alicia's shoulder a little squeeze and glance out the window. Yeah, it'll be great, as long as Cassidy doesn't find some reason to kick my rear end, too.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Slut

"Thanks," I look over at Kenji to smile, then rest my head against his shoulder, looking out of the bus window as well. "yeah, I didn't want to interrupt our dinner, but I thought she could do with getting out of there even more than we did." I slip my phone out again to invite Cass to dinner with us, but just then it vibrates with with reply, which shows her thinking along the same lines I was. And some flirting. Just one more reason why I like you so much Cassidy.

@Cassidy posted:

I just asked you to punch Rosabella and you didn't think I had a mean streak? =p
I don't like it when people lie to me
but if your looking for another kind of mean streak
I'm sure I can show you sometime~

yeah your call
we can always crash it later if we feel like it anyway

I'm getting pizza with Kenji, your welcome to join
they say 3s a crowd but I say its a party
especially if one of them is you

make sure to wear the suit, okay?
wanna see you in it
and out of it~

Phone goes back into my pocket, and I look out the window again just in time to see the stop we need for pizza approaching. Reaching a hand up towards the cord, I look over at Kenji again, "Pizza good with you?"

Clearing Put in her Place for getting Rosa punched

GodFish fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 28, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Rosabella: You lay there, only able to watch as Cassidy just walks away. She certainly won this battle.

Cassidy takes a String on you.

By the time you recover, she's long gone. You have two texts:

From Emmie posted:

Heading into town to meet with my brother.
Will be back in time for the party.

From Newt posted:

did u talk to cassidy yet?
how'd it go?

What do you do?

Cassidy: You leave Rosabella behind, and follow Dana's trail. It doesn't take too long for you to track it down to the room where the student paper gets made. You know she works on it, so she probably went in there to get away from you. There are other students in at the moment, so other people are going to see whatever you do. Meanwhile, you get a text from someone on the team:

quote:

hey you showing up?
Veronica's gonna take us out to Holdbrook soon
if you don't come here soon we're gonna leave you behind

What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Aw poo poo. I was hoping she wouldn't be here. Couldn't she be cowering in her room instead? I can't just barge in, especially when there's people in there, but I can't just leave her alone either. Ugh. Well, since I'm still on this texting train.

@Dana posted:

hey
i'm not sure if youre even going to see this, and i'm probably the last person you wanna hear from now, but i thought this might be worth a shot

youre one of the few ppl in this lovely school i care about. like as a friend. i know i can be a giant rear end, but there's no-one i trust more than you. youre my best friend, and i don't wanna lose that

if you ever wanna talk, let me know. doesn't have to be now. i'll tell you everything but it has to stay between us, okay?

i won't hurt you. i was never going to hurt you. if you never want to see me again, i get it. i'll leave you alone

thanks for everything
sry for the long msg

Manipulate Dana: 2d6+1 9
Getting her to stay quiet about what she saw by offering to tell her everything or to leave her alone forever.

Okay. Might as well respond to that other message, too.

quote:

yea, i won't be able to make it. drama poo poo.
u guys go and have fun. i'll see u all later (if veronica doesn't kick me out of the team by now lol)

I lean against the wall, and stare at my phone. I'm not sure if Dana'll reply, but it's worth a shot. What else do I gotta lose at this point?

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 28, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 3/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Terrified, Drained

Dear god this pain - it's unreal. In my life... I mean, sure, I've been scared before. I've been worried, anxious, a mess. But never this kind of visceral pain. Still, it's not the worst I've ever felt.

How would you feel if your father showed up at home early from work one day, out of the blue, and just started packing? Just... took everything he cared about... and took off. Leaving you behind. How would it make you feel?

And then the days and weeks following, to be hounded by the media, to be ridiculed by classmates, to be ripped as a traitor, as a terrorist, as an enemy. And then interviews with the FBI, the CIA, the SEC, all sorts of special hearings and interrogations. Like I even cared what my father was up to all that time. How was I supposed to know he was entertaining business meetings with North Korean spies? He was barely home two months out of the year. And now, never again. Leaving me and my mother to fend for ourselves. And with her now wrapped up in some sort of early-to-mid-life crisis, I'm basically all alone in the world. Why do you think I surround myself with these... people? Huh? I don't like them, but... you don't have to like your family, right? I sure don't. But still. Family. People that won't hurt me. People that won't do what Cassidy just did.

I crawl to my feet and slowly rise, propping myself up on the lockers nearby. It still hurts to do anything but less so now. So I walk slowly to the nearest restroom and splash water on my face, slowly coming to my senses. I see a couple text notifications on my phone, and quickly browse through them. The always-reliable Emmie is doing her thing perfectly. And... oh, poor Newt. Had to go and fall in love with a literal bridge troll. I sigh, typing out a fast response.

To Newt posted:

Yeah saw her
We should talk in person
Meet me in the common room in five?

Might as well let her down easy in person. Another sigh. Why is everybody so set on doing the things that hurt them the most? And that, in this case, includes me, for trusting Cassidy to be smart and let me take lead.

I stare into the mirror, focused on one thing. One single, solitary thing. And as the pain radiates from my stomach, I can feel a sense of weakness as I meet my own, beautiful eyes.

20:46 Ferg rosa gaze
20:47 Ferg .roll 2d6-1
20:47 Platonibot Ferg: 8 (2d6-1=6, 3)
Asking: How can I hurt Cassidy the most?
Lucid and detailed, taking Drained condition

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

"Absolutely fine. I'm still not uh, entirely used to American pizza, but I'm okay with that making me the weird one." I'm completely prepared to defend the honor of mayonaise on pizza if I have to, though American mayo is just as different as everything else. They put so much sugar in everything here.

Not that having sweeter things is so bad. I won't lie, I'm already wishing the bus ride was longer than it is. "Maybe I just haven't had what counts as a good one."

While Alicia's messing around on her phone, I pull out my own and tap through a few menus. It still feels weird to me to look at when I'm with people, and kind of rude, but... I can stop having to pretend I'm not worried, and scolding myself about being so, if I just get this out of the way. I find my earlier message to Rosabella and tap a quick reply in, just three words. When I turn off the screen, I'm greeted by my own dumbfounded reflection on the blackened glass. Why did I bother?

Text @Rosabella posted:

Are you OK?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Slut

"Like I said, you can't judge american pizza by what they have at Gutermuth." The food there is pretty good, but you just can't do good pizza in large enough quantities to feed an entire school. I pull the line for the bus to stop, and then stand up, using Kenji's shoulder for support to stop myself falling over. "Here we go."

Whoo - it's cold! When did the temperature start dropping this fast? Or maybe I just forgot to bring my coat. Yeah, looks like that. I huddle up closer than ever to Kenji as we make our way down the windy street to the glowing warmth of the Pa's Pizzeria - Est 1923. "I g-guess I should o-order then?" Even inside, I'm still a bit shivery. "You not eat meat or anything?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassidy: You get a text back fairly quickly:

Dana posted:

Come inside and talk to me about it
I can guarantee people aren't really going to be listening in on it

What do you do?

Rosabella: You look into mirror, and can almost see the events that just happened play out again. Things were going well and you can see that Cassidy was shocked when you told her that Alicia was going out with Kenji. But then she chose to believe you were lying and attacked you for it. If you could get her to actually realize you're telling the truth about that, or take Alicia away from her, that would do it.

You hear the sound notification of texts. There's one from Newt:

Newt posted:

ok

And one from Kenji. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Yep. There it is. There's that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. She wants to talk to me inside, with all those people, huh? She says nobody'll listen, but... yea, I dunno. I spooked her pretty bad. How do I know she's not going to out me in front of all those people?

...God, listen to yourself. Are you actually doubting your own friend? What happened to that fierce determination you had a few minutes ago? What happened to "never runs away from a fight?" If it was Rosabella or Veronica in there, I'd be charging right in, beating my chest, and doing that whole "asserting dominance" thing. But this is different. This is Dana. Someone I actually like.

Can't depend on my nose for this one, that's what got me here in the first place. I gotta go with my instincts. I just... gotta keep calm, and make sure I don't turn again. Come on, Cassidy. Keep calm. Breath. Agh, why the gently caress aren't I calming down!? Come on! You're strong! You can fight this! You can... you can....

quote:

8:50 AM <HugzillaPhone> Cassidy is going to gaze
8:51 AM <Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 3-1 = 2

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Exp: 4/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Terrified, Drained

Alicia. It all comes back to Alicia. That no-talent, poor-as-poo poo art bitch and her loving attitude. Cassidy "loves" her. Kenji goes right to her after spending the afternoon with me. Talk about your sloppy seconds. She's a loving leech. And this is definitely the last straw.

I lower my head, as a monetary dizzy sensation overwhelms me. A salty taste enters my mouth and I spit... yep, that's blood. Jesus Christ can Cassidy hit hard. Gotta find a way to get her back on my side. And more importantly, away from Alicia.

My phone buzzes as I dab the rest of the blood off my lips. My makeup's been smeared to hell and back with a combination of tears and floor grime, so I touch it up while reading the texts and responding.

To Newt posted:

Excellent, see you there darling

And then I see a second message - Kenji. Will he just be another of Alicia's dogs? Seems he knows about the assault... Cassidy must have gone and immediately told her new lover, who in turn must be spreading the news like wildfire. Attention-seeking bitch move, Alicia. But, it all evens out in the end. It always evens out in the end.

I sigh, finishing up my makeup, then type out a cutting response.

To Kenji posted:

Why would you care? Finally developing a conscience? Or, even just a backbone?

I bet your new girlfriend's already got you wrapped around her little finger. You sure you had permission to even text me?

Or is she already calling the shots? Ordering you to text me just to mock me further. God you're pathetic. Why don't you just go ahead and do everyone a favor and wear a leash to school tomorrow so she can drag you around by the neck.

Oh, and delete this number while you're at it.

Rosabella shut down Kenji = 4
Hard Move

I slam shut my phone, half in anger and half frustration that that's all I could come up with. Ugh. This loving school. Part of me just wants to burn it all down.

But no. I've worked too hard to get on top here. I can't throw it all away, at least, not yet. Not when I have so many more tools to work with. I rap my fingers one last time on the sink, straighten my blouse, then head outside finally and off to the common room for my meeting with Newt.

And what a useful little tool she might turn out to be...

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassidy: Dana pulls up a chair next to her while you're trying to sense what's going on. She looks over and watches while you assess the room. She can see what you're doing and feeling.

Dana takes a String on you

But the good news is that from the various sounds and smells you get from your observations, it seems safe enough. Nobody is really paying any attention to you right now - if you went in they wouldn't be focused on you unless you did something to attract attention. What do you do?

Rosabella: As you're heading to the common room, you hear "Rosabella!" It's Mr. Cotterill. He waves to you as he comes closer. "Kenji told me about the event you plan to hold - just need to confirm some things with you. It'll be a charity auction, right? What sort of things are you selling? Where are you going to hold it? How many people do you believe will show up?" He definitely wants to talk this over with you, which will take some time. You might have to make Newt wait a bit longer or skip the meeting entirely if he has far more questions. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Wow, good going, Cassidy. Way to trust your friends. Now she's probably pissed at me, too. Ugh, whatever. I might as well get this over with.

I make my way to Dana, making sure I don't make eye-contact with anybody else in the room. I pull up a chair beside her, and sit down. "Hey. Sorry, I guess I'm just a bit nervous right now," I give a small, nervous laugh. She doesn't laugh back. After a few seconds of awkward silence, I clear my throat, and say, "Yea, so, I guess I owe you an explanation, huh?" I rub the back of my neck, and then lean over and whisper, "Listen, what I'm going to tell you stays between us, alright? Can you promise me you won't tell anybody else?"

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

"What? Nah, I'll eat anything if you put it in front of me." Aah, Alicia's cold. It gets chilly quick this time of year, doesn't it? I don't mind helping her warm up, though. Even with the looming threat of Cassidy showing up hanging over me like a stormcloud threatening to electrocute me at any moment. We've got a bit. "Go ahead and get whatever you want -- I guess a large and we can split it? Or bigger, for when Cassidy gets here?"

I shrug; price isn't a problem, thankfully, and I'm just happy to have someone to hang out with so I don't mind paying. One thing I am thankful for is that my parents don't monitor my spending. I think it's mostly because they're too busy to, but it's really convenient for me at times like this. They never gave me money to 'go have fun' before, not really, and it's liberating not to have to worry about catching an earful when I have to deal with Mom on the weekend.

I'm distracted as my phone buzzes -- at least Rosabella isn't dead -- and don't pay too much attention as Alicia orders, instead reading the reply. I almost sigh aloud at it, but instead settle for mentally rolling my eyes and quickly typing back to her.

Text @Rosabella posted:

I asked because I care, don't be dense and make stupid assumptions especially about me + Alicia that's really weird

I didnt think it would bother you honestly and i am seriously sorry i was wrong. we should talk

Not deleting your number but I'll leave you alone. Cassidy scares me + i wish i could do something about her, even more if she hit you. That's f'd up

I am almost positive it's really bad form to text things you wouldn't say around the people you're hanging out with, so I lock my phone and put it back in my pocket really quickly.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Kenji's response comes quickly, but doesn't make me feel any better. Ugh, more denial, and a "we should talk." Sure, yeah, okay, like that will ever happen again. He had his chance. And then... "even if she hit you." Are you kidding me? Kenji and Alicia are clearly laughing their heads off at me right now.

I take a couple deep breaths to calm down.... and nearly run into someone! "Oh! Mr. Cotterill," I shout, startled by the man. I'm not in any of his classes but he stands out as one of the staff. He... er... well he's quite handsome, okay. And more than a few of my classmates shared what they'd do with him... under the covers...

I blush a bit, step back and push aside my hair. "Oh, yeah... the charity auction... It's uh," I stammer a bit, I mean, have you seen his eyes? "Well, you see, Emmie's doing most of the logistics, I've just been promoting," I blink, starting to feel more like myself, "And making sure people like you are there, of course. Wouldn't be a proper event without such a dignified lecturer, now would it?" I give him a cute wink. Yeah, I'm blowing smoke up his rear end, but I'm hot too, damnit.

14:49 Ferg rosabella turn on cotterill
14:49 Ferg .roll 2d6+1
14:49 Platonibot Ferg: 8 (2d6+1=3, 4)
Self/String/Promise?

I give him a big smile, "Anyways, I've got to run, meeting with a donor, you understand, I'm sure. If you do have questions, though, don't hesitate to ask." I give him my cell number, another wink, then get back on my way to meet Newt, my mood considerably lightened.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassidy: "I can definitly promise that, since I really doubt people would believe me. So what happened back there?" What do you do?

Rosabella: "Oh, yeah." He gives a nervous laugh and looks a bit awkward when you wink at him. He clears his throat and says, "Well I don't know if I'll be speaking much during it, I'll just help watch over it. But thank you."

Mr. Cotterill gives you a String on him

As you go to leave, he says, "Ah hold on a second. Kenji said you were the one organizing it? But it's Emily who is actually setting it up? I guess I'll talk to her then. Where is she?" You realize that both you and Kenji must have told different faculty members different things about what's going on. If he doesn't see either of you at the decoy event, Mr. Cotterill might realize something's going on. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Heh. Point taken." I scratch the side of my forehead. How do I even begin to explain all this to her? Gah. I hate thinking. Why couldn't this involve punching? Punching is so much easier.

Okay, I think I've got something. What if I try to be indirect about it? Dana's smart enough to pick up on what I'm trying to tell her. "Hey, remember that one movie night we had? The one where we watched a whole bunch of old, schlocky horror movies? Remember American Werewolf in London? Man, how much did it have to suck to be David? But hey, it could always be worse. Can ya imagine if he could, I dunno, turn at anytime? Or if it was like controlled by extreme emotions, and not the moon? How terrible would that be. He'd have ta like, suppress his emotions, like, all the time, or else he'd turn, and everybody'd see him for the monster he really is. He's be hunted down like a wild animal, or worse, hurt the people he cares the most about." I look directly at Dana, with a sad expression on my face, "If only David had a friend. Yea there was Jack, but he's an undead rear end in a top hat. I'm talking about, like, a real friend, that he can trust with his life, and his secrets." Yea. At this point I think it's pretty clear I'm not talking about the movie anymore, "It'd be, like, a giant weight off his chest. It'd be nice to know at least one person who doesn't hate him, or is scared of him." I turn my head away from Dana, and stare down at the cold tiles below me. "...But that's only if that friend trusted him back. David... wouldn't force them. If that person never wanted to speak to David ever again... he'll respect their decision and leave them alone."

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 30, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I wonder if Kenji is trying to be suggestive there or not, because whoa did I ever take it like that. But glancing over at him shows that he either has a perfect poker face or that was an innocent remark, shame. I can think of a few things I'd like to put in front of him for him to eat, heh. Including Cass, but no, that's not why we're hear. Pizza. And Kenji and I couldn't get to anything in the time before Cassidy is going to show up, and I don't know if she'd be interested in that at all, or even guys, and blah blah basically it's not happening anytime soon, if ever. So instead I just order the largest size of deep dish meat lovers for the two to three of us to share and two cups of rootbeer, then head over to a booth to sit. Had to think a bit about the seating, I want something intimate if Cass does show up, but I didn't want to leave Kenji alone if she does, so I just took a table where three of us could sit side by side. Sitting down, I cozy up next to Kenji, leaning on his side while we wait. "So who're you texting?"

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I frown as Cotterill keeps the questions coming. The man is simply too smart for his own good. Shame, he'd make an excellent play toy. Oh well... time to get out of this conversation before it makes me late to see Newt.

I flash the teacher another smile, "You worry too much, Blake," I say as I lay my hand gently upon his muscular chest, "This isn't my first time at the rodeo. These events are easy - you should see the ones we've put on for foreign dignitaries. Ever had somebody ask for Chateau Lafite in Lithuanian?" I give him another smile, "We've got it handled. Stop worrying yourself! It'll be a relaxing evening for everyone involved. Now, I've really got to run and meet those donors, but I'll see you tonight, okay?"

Manipulate him into dropping it = 7
Spending the String to boost that to a 10
Motive would be to relax

I give him one last smile, then turn on my heel and get the hell out of there, hoping to god he doesn't stop me again.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I'm glad I don't blush, but I'm also glad in a roundabout way that Rosabella's too pissed at me to bug her any more for now. "A friend at school who thought I ditched them. I thought I'd apologize but it didn't really work." I'm glad Alicia doesn't seem like the type to be unreasonable, but she hates Rosabella so she doesn't need to know it was Rosabella.

This seating is pretty intimate, actually... Why don't I care about that? Alicia's doing all of this on purpose, right?.. I know for a fact I don't have any subtlety, so I guess I'll just ask her. I shift in my seat a little so she can cuddle up closer, if that's what she really wants to do, and keep my arms around her to keep her from getting too cold while we wait.

"Um, isn't Cassidy gonna be mad if we're like this?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassidy: Dana listens to your explanation, and there's a bit of silence for a while as she processes it. Then she says, "Well, what if Jack wasn't terrible? And what if he was kind of normal, except he would get dreams that sometimes came true? And he dreamed that David would hurt a lot of people when he snapped. So he tried to help David, but apparently didn't quite realize what was going on with him. Hopefully, afterwards though David would maybe work with him and not, I dunno, wander off and skip classes." It's clear she's not talking about the movie anymore too. So what do you think about what she just told you? What do you do?

Rosabella: He frowns a little when you use his first name. "It's Mr. Cotterill. And I do need to know what's going to happen. Kenji did say you wanted me to help supervise it, so I just have to make sure it follows all the rules of Gutermuth. I mean I don't want to bring the mood down or anything but I am going to be responsible for it. If you don't have time that's fine, just let me know how to contact Emily." He seems to be getting a little more suspicious of how you're evading his questions and he's not ready to let you leave just yet. You could probably run off, but that would just make him even more suspicious. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Jesus. No wonder she looked so upset today. "David would promise Jack the not-so-terrible-normal-person that he'd do everything in his power so it'd never come to that, and he thinks he'd be able to do it with Jack's support. There'd probably be no more secrets between 'em. From now on, they lay all their cards on the table. And, uh... David would probably stop skipping class, and actually maybe work with Jack more on getting his grades up."

"By the way, "Jack," I actually wanted ta show you something," I grab my bag, zip it open, and get out my assignment papers, "I finished my assignment! I used the notes I took during our study sessions and tried ta finish it on my own. I was hoping to go over it with ya like, around lunchtime tomorrow before class. I'd do it today, but uh," Remember, no more secrets, "I, uh, might have a date... with Alicia soon." My face gets a little brighter as I mention our date.

"So, "Jack," are we still buds?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Oh... sorry to hear that." I give Kenji a sympathetic look, "It always sucks when someone won't trust you..." I sigh, shifting myself a little closer to Kenji, until he brings up Cassidy's reaction. "Ah, hmm... Good point." Reluctantly, I scooch myself away a bit, so I'm more leaning slightly against him than actually on him, which looks a lot less intimate, while also being a lot less fun. "What's it like back home?" He doesn't talk about it much, and finding out more about him is a good way to pass the time while we wait for the pizza and Cass.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

I frown and turn back to Mr. Cotterill as he again demands answers. This man... sigh - another problem. I raise an eyebrow, changing my tone harshly, "Mr. Cotterill. And if Kenji told you that you were to supervise, he was wrong. But if you insist, feel free to contact Emily and hound her further to follow the 'rules' that we've been following just fine up until now." I push back my hair again, staring daggers at the man, "But, of course, if you dont feel the rules are being followed, I can ring Emily up right now and cancel the entire event."

12:24 Ferg2 rosabella shut down mr. cotterill
12:24 Ferg2 .roll 2d6+2
12:24 Platonibot Ferg2: 7 (2d6+2=4, 1)

"I'm sure the principal will be pleased that you took charge."

Giving him the On Thin Ice condition.
He gives me one back.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I close my eyes for a minute, trying to block out the smell of grease and trying to remember about home. The good parts. The things that didn't chase me away, because Alicia didn't deserve to hear about those, and I know there were pleasant things, I just have to find them in my memories. Just because 'my home' was terrible does not mean that my homeland was.

"I'm from Shinjuku, which is one of the cities in Tokyo. Uh, one of the biggest -- there's so many skyscrapers, and businesses, and... and people. There were gardens and parks in parts and um, even some of the buildings were beautiful, but you could never find a place to really be alone. Um, I guess you could compare it to New York, but everything I've seen of it makes it look noisy and ugly, and Shinjuku isn't either of those, not really. At least, not in the same way."

It's hard to think of specifics, because I was always busy with school. It's not even that school was difficult, but you had to either work or look like you were working, and I had to take a train for an hour to get to and back from school, so there just wasn't... time. Maybe other families aren't like that. Maybe other people my age got to have fun after school. I didn't even get to join the club I wanted, because my dad wouldn't have approved of it. (I was in the Go club. It was okay but I don't miss it.)

"You're not from Holbrook, right? Where'd you come here from?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassidy: Dana smiles a little. "Yes, we are." She briefly looks at the assignment. "Well, we probably have time over the weekend to look over it. Tomorrow maybe? You can head out for the day if you want." What do you do?

Rosabella: He glares back at you. "All right, all right, I was just trying to do my job. No need to cancel everything on my behalf." He's clearly catching on that there's something more to this event then you're letting on.

He gives you Suspicious

"I suppose I'll just talk it over with the other faculty, see what's going on." He begins to head off. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Hmm... I've never been to New York, but there's probably nice places there, just hard to find." It's hard to imagine what any Faerie would look like, but New York... practically impossible. "That sounds a lot nicer though. Still, it must be tiring never getting a chance to be alone. I can see why you'd like the garden." I smile at him, and give his hand a gentle squeeze. I want to comfort him, draw him in close up tight and nurture him into something better, happier. And get him out of whatever it is that's casting a shadow over his Fae. His family maybe? He never seems happy when they come up. "I'm from... well I'd say a small town, but it's a lot bigger than Holbrook. It's a college town - do they have those in Japan? Basically it's a town like Holbrook, except we have a sizable college there, so it grew a lot bigger, and get's really crowded with people during the school year, a lot less busy over the summer. But there's so many great places to visit, little coffee shops, bookstores, I love bookstores, they're like their own little world..." I go on for a bit out some of my favorite places back home, eventually stopping when the pizza arrives. "I wish I could show you some of them..."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I smile back at Dana, and give her a big hug. "Thanks. You're the best!"

I get up, grab my bag, and prepare myself to head out. I take one last look at Dana before I leave, and say, "If you ever find yourself in trouble, just give me a call, and I'll come running. Doesn't matter where I am, I'll always be there for you."

I guess today hasn't been that much of a shitshow after all! I got to tell my best friend my biggest secret (and she didn't run away!), I get to go on a date (?) with Alicia, AND I got to hit Rosabella! Things are finally looking up for me! Speaking of Alicia, I've probably been keeping her waiting for too long. I head to my car, an old, worn-out jeep, given to me by my dad, get in, and start the engines. I should send Alicia a quick message to know I'll be there soon.

@Alicia posted:

hey sry for taking so long im heading out now

shud be there in 10 minutes

i have a little preview 4 u 4 tonite. these pictures are :siren:!!!4 UR EYES ONLY!!!:siren: don't show them 2 any1 else!!!

[The first image is of Cassidy standing in front of a mirror, taking a selfie of herself wearing an outfit similar to this, except the vest hasn't been buttoned up yet, and the shirt hasn't been properly tucked in. She looks a little nervous, like she's not used to taking pictures of herself.]

[The second picture is a little more... saucy. Cassidy isn't wearing the vest anymore, and the shirt has been completely unbuttoned, showing off a bit of her naked flesh, and the tie is worn loose around her neck. She's trying really hard to be seductive, but she just looks really uncomfortable, and a bit embarrassed. Her face is practically a bright red beacon.]

hope u enjoy them ;)

quote:

Hugzilla> Cassidy turn on Alicia
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7+1 = 8

self/string/promise

--

I park near Pa's Pizzeria, and head on in. The smell hits me right away. Oh yea, one of the bigger advantages of having a heightened sense of smell? You can tell right away how crappy a restaurant is, but this place? It ain't crappy at all. It smells great. Me and the team would come to Pa's to celebrate after a big win, but we haven't been doing that as much lately. Not since little miss bitch Veronica took over. Ah, whatever. This day isn't about Veronica. It's about me... and Alicia.

...And Kenji, too, I guess.

I walk over to their seat, and give Kenji a friendly (if a bit rough), slap on the back, "Hey, Kenji." I sit next to Alicia, and throw an arm over her shoulder. I pull her in for a quick kiss, "Hey babe. Did ya miss me?" I grin. "You two haven't been fooling around without me, have you?"

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 6, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I stare at the pictures when they arrive, and would have kept staring for awhile if Kenji wasn't right there and Cassidy didn't want anyone else to see them, and also because it'd be kind of rude to ignore him in favor of my really hot and adorably embarrassed probably soon to be girlfriend. So I save the pictures and send back a quick reply before returning to my conversation with him.

@Cassidy posted:

uuuuugh Cass why are you so hot?
I wanna peel you out of that suit and do unspeakable things
unspeakable because you'll be too busy moaning ;)
pictures are safe with me

I'm being entirely honest in that reply, but I probably wouldn't have said it quite like that if she didn't look so uncomfortable doing it. Her shyness about that really just makes it hotter, but I thought she could use some encouragement. And now back to talking to Kenji about home and all that like before.

Tell Cass what I think she wants to hear, won't spread the photos and that she looks really hot

About ten minutes later, just like she said, in comes Cassidy, looking less hot but way sharper in her suit. I wave her over enthusiastically, patting the cushion next to me for her to sit down. "Hey Cass! Mmm- you know it~" I return the kiss with one of my own, slipping my free arm around her lower back, and snuggle up against her. "I wish, Kenji's a looker, isn't he? But he's too much of a gentleman to push himself on me," I give Kenji a nudge in the side and a wink, and pat the small amount of empty cushion between my butt and his. "Scooch up Kenji, it's too cold out to sit too far apart."

Indicating the freshly arrived pizza, and grab a slice and pull it onto my plate. "Good timing, pizza just got here, lets load up. Cass, I only got a class for me and Kenji, you'll have to share mine." I don't think she'll mind. Leaning in closer to her, I turn my head to bring my lips up next to her ear, and whisper, "how do you feel about guys?" Turning my head back to give her a chance to whisper back, I taking a bite of my first slice and immediately gasp a little, dropping it back onto the plate so I can fan my mouth. "ah, hot hot hot!" Dousing my tongue with icy root beer, I look at the others and try to play cool. "Careful, the cheese is hot."

[21:14:59] <GodFish> turn on Kenji
[21:15:00] <HugzillaPhone> headers are for nerds
[21:15:08] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[21:15:09] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 10+2 = 12
NOT THIS POST

[21:15:31] <GodFish> and turn on Cassidy, I guess~
[21:15:36] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[21:15:37] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 5+2 = 7

GodFish fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 6, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Exp: 4/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Terrified, Drained, Suspicious

Mr. Cotterill finally takes off, good loving riddance.

I shake my head as he turns the corner and disappears. Honestly, part of me just wants to cancel everything at this point, both parties, just go somewhere and brood until I think up a way to get back at them all. But that would be giving up... I can still make this work. Somehow.

The pain in my stomach spikes again, and I can taste blood. I grimace, then take a second to readjust my hair before moving on, walking finally to the common room. Newt had better be here...

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Uh..." Alicia's question catches me by surprise, and I find myself blushing a little. I absentmindedly grab a slice, and hold it in front of me. Guys, huh? I don't care for them that much, personally, but if it makes Alicia happy, then- "OW gently caress!" I held onto the pizza for too long, and some of the cheese dripped onto my wrist, and it loving stings like a bitch! I lick off the cheese on my wrist, and blow on it a couple of times to try to cool it down. "Yea, you aren't kidding."

I lean over to Alicia, still nursing my poor wrist, and whisper back, "Guys are okay. Not my usual cup a tea, but," I take a moment to eye Kenji, "I can make exceptions."

Weird. I thought I'd be way more upset about this. A few hours ago I woulda kicked Kenji's rear end for being so close to her in the first place. I guess the whole thing with Dana really mellowed me out. It helps that Kenji isn't half bad looking himself.

Telling Alicia what she wants to hear; I'm willing to deal with a guy for her.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 6, 2016

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

"A college town seems like an odd place to grow up. Wouldn't like half the population leave every four years or so?" I try to imagine the sense of... I don't know, temporariness? That would come with such a place; in the end, it probably isn't that much different from how Holbrook feels for me, maybe. "I'd love to see a place like that. I think I'm starting to understand why some people travel so much, or want to." Too bad that isn't realistic. For me, at least.

Wait, nevermind. I can do anything I want to.

Except get rid of Cassidy, I guess. "Hey, you made it!" I greet her as warmly as I can manage, and -- oof -- get a slap on the back for my troubles. They're whispering about something, but I'm both too distracted by the newly-arrived pizza to care, and should probably give them privacy anyway. Did hitting Rosabella really put Cassidy in that good of a mood? Crap, she scares me. Her and Alicia are really cute together though, I have to admit...

I scoot closer to Alicia again anyway, since I was invited to. Cassidy can't kill me if it was offered. "So I guess your day got better after homeroom?" I ask Cassidy curiously -- then swear under my breath as I try to grab a piece of pizza. It's really hot!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Oh, yeah, definitely. All the people in schools were the same, but the... population of the town, I guess, the most visible parts anyway cycled through constantly. It was just how things are though, so it didn't seem very weird to me." I nod a couple of times in enthusiastically, and agree with a whistful tone of voice,"Yeahhhhh... I'd love to travel more, but... the money... Wouldn't it be cool to do like... a road trip over the summer, just us and a couple of friends?"

It's hard not to laugh a little as they both manage to burn themselves on the cheese, even after my warning, but I don't try very hard, and enjoy a good giggle at their mutual expense. Snuggling closer to Cass, I whisper back, "Only if you're willing, I don't want to force you into anything, okay?" If she'd said she wasn't into them at all, I would have shut down the idea right there, but she's making it sound more like... picking a good pizza and a great pizza, so I don't have to feel bad here. I can feel Kenji move closer, so I reach out to wrap my hand around his waist, pulling him up nice and tight - and maybe give his butt a tiny squeeze in the process. "Nice and close~"

[i][21:14:59] <GodFish> turn on Kenji
[21:15:00] <HugzillaPhone> headers are for nerds
[21:15:08] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[21:15:09] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 10+2 = 12

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"My day? Oh, it had it's ups and downs, but..." I look down at Alicia, who's snuggling next to me, and I a warm smile appears on my face, "It wasn't all that bad, in the end."

I ain't gonna lie, the thing Alicia is subtlety suggesting? It's starting to sound reaaallly appealing. Kenji is trying his best to hide it, but I can see it. He's nervous. Just being around me is making him anxious, and I like that. I love it when guy's are intimidated by me, shows them that I'm the alpha around here. I give Kenji a wide, toothy, hungry grin, and look at him like a predator would look at their prey, "Hey, Kenji. What's wrong? You look a little... nervous." I shift my weight forward a little, to get a little closer to him, "Don't tell me you're scared? Does being around two, incredibly hot, strong, attractive women frighten you that much?" My grin grows even wider, "Or, maybe, you just don't think you can handle us? Are you afraid we'd break you?"

"Or, would you like to prove me wrong? Come on, show me how much of a man you are, if you can."

quote:

<Hugzilla> Cassidy turn on Kenji
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 8+1 = 9
self/promise/string

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Giving self. Have fun, you crazy kids. Also sorry for the delay.

This...

Isn't what I expected.

I'm probably blushing. No, I'm definitely blushing. Alicia's encouragement here isn't exactly the most shocking, but Cassidy? She was supposed to want to kill me, not... share me. Wow. I mean, there's no other way to read this situation, right? I'm not being an idiot, or naive?

And -- okay, yeah, I'm intimidated by her. By Cassidy. I think that's normal. I think anyone would be. But when I'm put in a cramped booth with Alicia touching my rear end and slowly realizing she'd probably been suggesting this from the start, I... I can kind of see the appeal. Of Cassidy's dominance, her power, her -- strength. I can see what Alicia sees in her, if only because I've been put in this position. I'm seeing her from a different angle.

I meet her eyes with a grin of my own, embracing the craziness of the situation. Letting my own darkness show through a little bit, because abusing my Power is the only charm I have. "Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not that easy to scare off, Cass." But I think it's what she wants, right? I lean closer to her and lower my voice to a rough whisper, a husky tone that I didn't know I was capable of, my lips tantalizingly close to her ear. "But you guessed that, didn't you? It was part of the appeal~..."

Turn On Cassidy w/ my bff dark power: 2d6+1 8

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Just so we're clear," I grab Kenji by the cheeks, and glare at him, "Only Alicia can call me Cass." I let go of him, and a smile returns on my face, "But I'll let it go, just this once."

He's right, I did know that. Kenji is the type of guy who'd punch back, just like me. For a moment, I swear I saw something... familiar in him, something similar to my own powers. It just makes him even more appealing. I lean in closer to Alicia, and whisper, "I'm going to enjoy breaking him."

"My car's outside. Let's get the bill, and find someplace a little less... crowded. We can head back to the dorm rooms, unless you two have a better place in mind."

Giving self.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Oh my god, Cassidy talking dirty like that to Kenji is just... too much. Too much! First her alpha-female talk, and then Kenji firing back, I just can't wait to watch them struggling back and forth with me there in the middle. I'm already flushed by the time Cass whispers her remark to me, and I look between the two of them, feeling a long shiver running down my spine just thinking about it. I move my lips to her ear, kissing it lightly before I reply, "you're too loving hot Cass, how do you do it?" Trying to compose myself for a bit longer, I wave at the waiter for the bill. "I know a good spot to park a car in Holbrook, if we'll all fit in the backseat." I don't really want to wait to get back to campus, and we might run into teachers or something. Better to stay here. The back of the car might not be a bed, but it's... intimate, with three of us. As long as no one objects, that's where I'll be leading us as soon as Kenji's paid the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

"Yes, ma'am." I rub at my face where Cassidy grabbed it, and give a little half-shrug to show it doesn't bother me, and that I wasn't being as sarcastic as it might have sounded. "I'm sure we'll be able to make room. At least it won't be cold," I add with a sly look at Alicia. Honestly, if either of them asked me to jump, I'd probably only ask how high they both wanted at this point....

But that doesn't mean I'm going to be the whimpering pushover Cassidy thinks I am, either. Especially not when Alicia clearly wants us both (even if she likes Cassidy more, and they're actually dating and stuff). I'm playing by Cassidy's rules because I want to, and because it's exciting, but that doesn't mean I'm any lesser than her, dammit. I'm not Donny from homeroom, and I won't collapse if she turns her aggression me.

Apparently it's actually pretty hot, in the right circumstances. But if she wants to keep pushing me, after, I guess she can find out what I'm like for herself.

I disentangle myself from the pair, startled by how much I don't want to. I'm not sure how I composed myself enough to pay the bill, really. Signing my name -- remembering to tip (America!) -- remembering how much to -- these shouldn't be difficult things. Amazing how much my brain just isn't working. But it gets done, and I thank the staff politely, with no sign of struggle in my voice. Thank God.

I offer a hand to Alicia to help her from her seat, though I'm sure Cassidy will probably bite it if I try the same thing for her. "Lead the way, you two~"

• Locked thread