Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Jose posted:

gently caress henderson there were 20 seconds left and he passed to the loving keeper

they all played like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

So what have you been doing the last two years?

Definitely not watching Holland in a major tournament.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

blue footed boobie posted:

So what have you been doing the last two years?

ur mam lmao

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Shrapnig posted:

Are Liverpool fans happy with creating about two chances all match at home and getting a draw?

We are when you come and play like West Brom lmao, even LVG wouldn't do that, joke of a club, joke of a manager, and your big substitution was to bring on Rooney who seemed to be dressed as a ghost for halloween.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

A classic mourinho nil nil away

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

straight up brolic posted:

A classic mourinho nil nil away

It was. Awful stuff to watch.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brendan Rodgers posted:

We are when you come and play like West Brom lmao, even LVG wouldn't do that, joke of a club, joke of a manager, and your big substitution was to bring on Rooney who seemed to be dressed as a ghost for halloween.

You're literally a retarded person holy gently caress.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

It was. Awful stuff to watch.

I don't know why anyone thought it would be anything other than that.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
united are bad + fail

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Shrapnig posted:

Wow Mourinho is rubbing off on you if this is all you got you loving crybaby.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

Are Liverpool fans happy with creating about two chances all match at home and getting a draw?

As a fan since before (looks at Wikipedia) Shankly took over, I'm just happy to be in the top flight. :)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
united are not even fun to hate anymore, just a corporate franchise devoid of any semblance of a soul, trying desperately not to lose to liverpool because their official noodle partner in malaysia would be upset. its shameful, and a little sad.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Big result for United, Mourinho doing well in ekeing out a point against big teams.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Shrapnig posted:

I don't know why anyone thought it would be anything other than that.

Can't say I expected anything else, but it would have been nice to see a goal.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Yeah that was pretty rubbish. On the plus side Pogba is completely ineffectual in the premier league.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I can't blame him for wanting to get a draw against a superior team but I wonder if Mourinho ever is really happy.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
loving hell i just realised its west brom next

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Wow Mourinho is rubbing off on you if this is all you got you loving crybaby.

For about the past 20 years I wouldn't have complained about getting a point at Anfield but I'm realizing now that I'd been giving Liverpool far too much credit.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ianherbs/status/788134222510825474

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

chuggo is BACK posted:

loving hell i just realised its west brom next

:gary:

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
The first 35 mins or so was pretty unsettling to watch Liverpool give away possession so easily, Firmino being the worst offender. The team plays miles better when whoever is up top drops back in to the midfield to collect the ball and allow for Coutinho to push towards the goal. Sturridge, I am afraid, may be surplus to our team and has been given ample chance to assert himself. Would like to see Ings given a chance to play with the first team.

Pogba is also a hilarious waste of money for United, when he switches off it's like watching a Formula 1 driver park their car after a few laps and have a quaint little snooze.

0-0 represents the genuine brilliance of De Gea in goal for United and the continued condemnation of a clear goal scorer for Liverpool :(

E: Also requesting some Before/After pictures of Valencia, because that dude is crazy swole these days.

aellisr fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 17, 2016

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

EvilHawk posted:

Herrera just said "this is the way we have to play big matches" - surely United fans can't be happy with that?

Mourinho in a big game away from home? What did you expect exactly? Anyone with half a brain saw this coming before LVG was even out of the door, it would be pretty loving stupid to complain now.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I was only able to watch the first half because I had a meeting, so I'm just going to assume the whole match was poo poo. We all got quite predictably Mourinhoed.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Fergie knew.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
img-twobadteams

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Money has ruined the Premier League

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Money has ruined the Premier League

england cant put a quality product on the field in their domestic league or internationally

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

He's right. That was loving embarrassing.

All that money, all that talent, and absolutely no desire to play football.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Scikar posted:

Mourinho in a big game away from home? What did you expect exactly? Anyone with half a brain saw this coming before LVG was even out of the door, it would be pretty loving stupid to complain now.

pooshited

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Shrapnig posted:

Well, for one, we had two shots on goal, not two chances created. It wasn't a great performance from us, but then our players haven't come out and said that's how we have to play against the big teams (who, by the way, we've scored 11 goals against already this season and taken 11 points).

Scikar posted:

It was exactly what I expected - but United fans here and elsewhere proclaimed the era of boring football over when LVG was sacked and Mou came in. Instead he's done exactly what annoyed everyone at Chelsea. You're supposed to play the "United Way", but he's just as bad as the last guy.

I don't think there's anything wrong with either side getting a draw in that game, my point was more that Herrara suggested that is going to become the norm for United in big games. I don't know how United fans will adjust to essentially becoming the underdog for those matches.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

It's not the result, it's how they went about it.

I absolutely guarantee United supporters hated it when Chelsea did it under Mourinho.

Piss Man 94
Jun 11, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

Pogba in the 10 role is tasty as hell though

it was poo poo op

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I was fine with how United played. Except for Ibrahimovic. He was garbage.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

EvilHawk posted:

It was exactly what I expected - but United fans here and elsewhere proclaimed the era of boring football over when LVG was sacked and Mou came in. Instead he's done exactly what annoyed everyone at Chelsea. You're supposed to play the "United Way", but he's just as bad as the last guy.

I don't think there's anything wrong with either side getting a draw in that game, my point was more that Herrara suggested that is going to become the norm for United in big games. I don't know how United fans will adjust to essentially becoming the underdog for those matches.

I don't know who you're thinking of when you talk about United fans but pretty much all the ones I can name here had reservations about Mourinho. And I'm pretty sure most of us would happily take 0-0 away at Anfield when Liverpool are in good form any time. Especially if it brings out the "only one side was trying to play football" tears.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
I think it's pretty fair to ask why Mourinho feels the need to strip the joy out of United with the resources at his disposal, but it's not really fair to say the United fans weren't dreading this exact thing happening after the misery of Van Gaal and Mourinho's previous form at literally every club he's ever managed.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

EvilHawk posted:

He is better than Van Gaal because he accidentally made United boring and poo poo, whereas Mourinho has deliberately made them boring and poo poo.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope all the money will be poured into the Irish League after Brexit. I can definitely see United relocate to Dublin for shareholder value.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lot 49 posted:

I was fine with how United played. Except for Ibrahimovic. He was garbage.

He's been off the boil for a few weeks now. If it's not a concern yet, it's rapidly becoming one.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Since when have aging superstars ever failed to deliver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

oliwan posted:

I hope all the money will be poured into the Irish League after Brexit. I can definitely see United relocate to Dublin for shareholder value.

More of their fans there than Manchester

• Locked thread