Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/RLeesam/status/787417971073421313

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DuhSal posted:

lol why is that a bad omen? who gives a gently caress.

Oh yeah I don't care what that guys has to say, I just enjoyed the gif

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Dale Ouise posted:

Sergachev scratched because of course.

I heard he put himself ahead of the team. Better ship that glory hound to Nashville while you still can.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Apparently John-Michael Liles didn't retire five years ago.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

goldrush posted:

Lots and lots of empty seats, I heard this game wasn't close to selling out

Hardly surprising.

Looooooooui Eriksson

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

This crowd seems super muted. Man, this is sad.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Wippersnapper posted:

At least it looks like Fat Opera Guy is looking slightly more plump than last year. Trying to bring back former glory.

Donnelly lost all that weight when he went on that strange pregnancy hormone injection diet. I'm surprised he's gaining it back.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Haha Gudbranson can't shoot for poo poo

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DuhSal posted:

What's the reasoning behind this? The ol' Spreading out the offense or some such?

We have a lovely coach and despite all the evidence to the contrary, the team seems to think that Horvat is going to be a defensive centre not a scorer.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

goldrush posted:

Why would a grown adult drink hard root beer?

Because the man sitting behind the Flames bench already has a couple empties on the dasher

He presumably paid good money to attend a Canucks game. You already know he makes questionable decisions in life.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

loving kill me

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Loved how Benning's two big off season additions combined for that SICK GOAL

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

grack posted:

I hate every non-player member of the Canucks' organization and a fair number of the players as well.

The only player on the roster acquired by Benning I even vaguely like is Baertschi. Everyone else is just the same bland "two way" forward or "tough" dman. What a lifeless team he's built.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

hifi posted:

what do you mean you don't like russian coke machine

He's got Chara potential we swear!
*shows up to camp 30lbs overweight*

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

grack posted:

He wasn't even a great skater when he was in shape.

Is there a phrase in hockey with less meaning than "he skates well for a big guy?"

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DJExile posted:

"big body presence" :v:

At least you know that means he's gonna at least try to be tough sometimes. Is there a single guy over 6'3" that doesn't "skate well for a big guy" these days? It can mean anything from 'they are an okayish skater' to 'Jason Allison would leave them winded.'

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yaya posted:

This game is boring as poo poo somebody score an own goal again so I can at least laugh

This is the team we get now. Bad, boring and no future.

We're going for it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Canucks are playing like this is their third game in three nights in mid February. Not the first game of the season. Cripes.

• Locked thread