Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
But if the Leafs retired all the numbers at once, how will they continue their long and storied and extremely annoying and stupid tradition of lengthy pregame ceremonies every single loving week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
I wish the Canucks had retired Sundin's number before the Leafs got a chance to

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: Leafs score a goal not involving Auston Matthews

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

CBJSprague24 posted:

A TV timeout with 47.8 seconds left is some NFL poo poo.

I hate this poo poo, I've noticed it happening more in the last couple years. It's ridiculous

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Pungry posted:

I don't think it's any more prevalent. TV likes to space out their ads for breaks at 14 minutes, 10 minutes, and 6 minutes remaining

No, that's my whole point. It's always been the case that TV timeouts were spaced that way, and that still is the case, and that is well and fine.

The problem arises at times when there was continuous play late in a period that saw that 5-6 minute left in a period TV timeout get passed over and there would only be 30, 40 seconds left in a period. And so when a whistle finally went, usually they would forego that TV timeout and just see the period through to the end because there was so little time left and it was a waste of everyone's time to have a 2 minute TV timeout before playing only another 40 seconds. I think there needs to be some sort of rule against having a TV timeout with less than a minute to go in a period.

goldrush fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 16, 2016

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Starsfan posted:

people like these Florida Panthers jerseys? They are very similar to the Ottawa jerseys

I don't like them, old logo and jersey was way better (piping exluded)

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
sedin-sedin-eriksson
baertschi-horvat-hansen

that should be the top six, willie. just loving switch to this half way through the first and be done with it.

big cheers for Dan Cloutier and Manny Malhotra in the intros

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
some definite boos in there for sbisa

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
the most apathetic crowd response for season introductions ever

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Lots and lots of empty seats, I heard this game wasn't close to selling out

They'll probably use some "creative accounting" to call it a sellout, though

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Spring Break My Heart posted:

sad to see the sedins a party to this canucks team. like watching a once great mind succumb to alzheimers.

we don't deserve them :(

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
the only good thing Sbisa will do in this game, possibly this season

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
looking forward to this Bury-ows-Scorevat-Scoresett line

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Yaya posted:

I'm hoping my power gets knocked out by this storm if only so I don't have to hear Randorf call him "Sabeeza" for 2 hours.

It's like he's starting to say "Sebaceous Cyst" but switches to "Sbisa" midway through

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Why would a grown adult drink hard root beer?

Because the man sitting behind the Flames bench already has a couple empties on the dasher

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: ERIKSSON

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
I love the arena announcer just then as everybody mulls the lovely own-goal

"YOUR CANUCKS POWERPLAY STARTS....NOW!!!"

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
As lovely as the Canucks are, Sedinery can never be denied

:siren: DANK

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
If only the Canucks had, like, 8 Sedins, then they would be good

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

cenotaph posted:

Technically they have 2.

Joking aside, technically Ryan Miller still actually has a shutout going as he had left the ice before the own goal

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Sedin overtime passing is always interesting, for better or worse

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Larsen starting the OT powerplay for some reason

I haven't been paying that close attention, have the Canucks already used their timeout?

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Wippersnapper posted:

They used it ahead of that powerplay.

I was in the piss room so that makes sense that I missed it. What doesn't make sense is that after a timeout they still used Larsen.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
I miss the good old days when Ryan Miller was the focal point of this team's problems, whereas now he's, sadly, a "strength". Drink that in.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
NOOO ERIKSSON YOU'RE SKATING TOWARDS THE WRONG GOALIE!

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Wippersnapper posted:

They brought him in only for the powerplay didn't they? If they aren't going to use him there then get rid of him and bring back Stetcher. Plus that'd be admitting to wasting a (admittedly low) draft pick.

You might be right, I don't actually know about the reasoning for bringing in or keeping Larsen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: FOUNDATION PIECE

3-0 Canucks :woop:

• Locked thread