Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is a musical comedy created by Aline Brosh and Rachel Bloom, it's also very best show that absolutely no one is watching. Breaking with the grand tradition of amazing shows that don't get watched it has actually been renewed for a second season which premiers on Friday October 21st at 9/8c on The CW.

I know you're already rolling your eyes thinking "A musical comedy doesn't sound like an amazing show.". I was a skeptic too but the following two songs convinced me to give it a go because they were catchy as hell and also extremely funny. I'm glad they did convince me because I ended up watching an incredibly funny show that deals with human problems in a very real way. A show where things aren't simply fixed at the end of an episode or with a moving speech. Problems take time and growth to work through and the show reflects that across a number of characters. It also sets up and then subverts classic TV show clichés constantly in a really interesting way. In short it rules hard.

UPDATE: Some posters just below on the first page recommend different introductory songs and some recommend just trying the first episode rather than watching songs out of context. These two are just songs I think are great and are the ones that I saw before I had any idea what the show was about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4hh1YhDfbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIJKuxzWAGs

If you're still with me and not entirely made of straw then I suppose it's time to explain what the show's about. Fortunately the opening credits (don't worry it's 30 seconds long and I'll be here to hold your hand) explains the premise quickly and funnily!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzY3EaJTuJk

Now that we have a rough idea of what the show's about it's time to meet the inhabitants of West Covina! I'll include a song or two for each character that tells you a lot about them, though they might not necessarily be their 'best' songs. Luckily almost every song is excellent, hooray! I've included some character quotes too to help give a feel for the characters and their relationships with one another.

Rebecca Bunch played by Rachel Bloom

Rebecca was a high power lawyer in New York City but on the verge of being made a partner she freaked out that her life wasn't going the way she wanted it to. After a chance encounter with Josh, an old boyfriend, she decides to move to the small town of West Covina in California. The catch? It just so happens Josh grew up there and told her he's moving home. She takes a job in a small law firm in West Covina run by Darryl Whitefeather where she meets her best friend in a legal clerk named Paula. Rebecca spends the first season trying to steal Josh from his long term girlfriend Valencia. As the season progresses she becomes more aware that there are a lot of problems in her life that she needs to fix and work on rather than just pursuing Josh. However the show really comes into its own when it deals with characters trying to grow and mature but often failing or falling into old patterns. Rebecca's primary theme for the first season is "A new place doesn't make you a new person."

Relevant Quotes

Josh Chan: I know it's not cool to believe in God and stuff, but I do.
Rebecca Bunch: Oh my God, that's like - that's insane! I believe in God too! What are the odds?
Josh Chan: I think a lot of people believe in...

Rebecca Bunch: Oh God, you're still here. Tell it to me straight, am I schizophrenic?
Dr. Phil: I'm not really here, I'm just in your imagination. I mean, let's face it, you do have a very active imagination. One minute, you're walkin' down the street, the next minute, you're in a big musical.

Relevant Songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky-BYK-f154

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VDXlf97nBs

Josh Chan played By Vincent Rodriguez III

Josh dated Rebecca when they were 16 at summer camp but dumped her on the last day of camp for "being overly dramatic and weird!". After spending a few months in New York and failing to make it Josh decides to move back home to West Covina. Just before he leaves he meets Rebecca on the street which unbeknownst to him triggers her move to West Covina. Josh is described by others as warmhearted and always trying to see the best in others. This might explain why he is dating a girlfriend who appears as to be as mean as Valencia. Josh seems oblivious to Rebecca's intentions for most of the season but as time passes seems to be falling for her. Josh is involved in a love triangle of sorts with Rebecca and Greg. Josh's primary theme for the first season is "Becoming a more independent person who does what he wants to do."

Relevant Quotes

Rebecca Bunch: Where are you from again?
Josh Chan: West Covina, California.
Rebecca Bunch: I remember that - that's near the beach, right?
Josh Chan: Yeah, only two hours... well, four in traffic.

Josh Chan: I do other things that are sinful. I've had premarital sex, lots of it. And sometimes I watch adult content and take care of myself, and I don't mean in the vitamins/exercise kind of way.

Relevant Songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C5fHfG_ptE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxMBMhCe9kE

Josh loving sucks btw and I literally want to hate him to death if possible

Greg Serrano played by Santino Fontana

Greg is a bartender at West Covina's Pee Wee baseball stadium and has lived in the town whole life, he's also Josh's childhood and current best friend. Greg immediately falls for Rebecca and enters not so much a 'love triangle' but a 'love total loving mess'. Greg is a perennial slacker who has never really tried that hard in his life mainly due to fear that he's not as smart as he thinks he is. Greg is a great guy who also stays in West Covina to look after his very ill father and his wonderful birds. Greg goes on a date with Rebecca in the first episode but fairly quickly realises that she's using him to get close to Josh, nonetheless they become very good friends. Greg's primary theme for the first season is "Escaping his small town routine life".

Relevant Quotes

Greg Serrano: Whoop-de-feakin'-do, an A. What's an A? It's just a letter on the page meant to distract us from the pain. But it's not like any A can make a difference in the day. Sure I could get an A if I wanted an A, but who cares about an A? I don't. I don't care. Although I could have made that grade if I did care. But I don't. But I could if I wanted to!

Marty: Hey, I know you! From Spiders! You were the sourpuss fighting with the girl in the shiny dress.
Greg Serrano: Hey, I'm not a sourpuss. I am pensive. And deep.

Relevant Songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HayIkHCXTBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmbLB4OIuao

Paula Proctor played by Donna Lynne Champlin

Paula is a legal clerk at the law firm Rebecca takes a job at and is initially deeply suspicious of Rebecca's reasons for leaving her high paying New York job to move to a small Californian town. After the first episode when Paula finds out Rebecca is in love with Josh she becomes Rebecca's best friend and most ardent supporter. Paula is married with kids and it seems like her marriage is struggling so she sees Rebecca's success in love as a success in her own life. Paula and Rebecca care about each other a lot but their friendship often leads to them spurring each other on in how far they go to unite Rebecca and Josh. Paula's primary theme for the first season is "Living her own life not someone else's".

Relevant Quotes

Paula Proctor: My marriage is like The Walking Dead. Okay, we are all just trying to get out alive.

Calvin Young:
Mmmm! Your perfume is delightful!
Paula Proctor: Thank you. I rubbed a magazine on myself this morning.

Relevant Songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmWJ-e8uyoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_n0DytNx5I

Darryl Whitefeather played by Pete Gardner

Darryl, or "Chief" as he'd desperately like to be called, is the boss of the law firm Rebecca gets a job at. He's the kind of incredibly sweet but clingy friend who'd answer your call at 5am when you got a flat tire three hours away but you'd still be reluctant to call him. Darryl is going through a somewhat messy divorce but has a daughter that he really wants to get as much custody of as possible. Darryl struggles to make friends due to his somewhat overbearing nature but as the series progresses he becomes more comfortable with who he is and begins to meet people who like him for that. Darryl's primary theme for the first season is "Accepting who I am".

Relevant Quotes

Darryl Whitefeather: Has she been Catfished by a drug smuggler? I saw this new show Catfished by a Drug Smuggler on the new Catfishing channel. Oh my God, it is so good.

Darryl Whitefeather: My whole life is a lie, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it

Relevant Songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSj2wy7ZJVo

Heather Davis played by Vella Lovell

Heather is Rebecca's neighbour and though she starts off as an occasional character she eventually plays an important role in the cast. Initially appearing to be an aloof but abrasive stoner who doesn't care about Rebecca or her problems it is slowly revealed that Heather is the most emotionally and mentally mature character in the show. Heather frequently offers good advice and insight that other characters agree with before digging in deep and really powering into ruining their lives. I can't remember if she smokes weed in the show but she definitely does imo. Heather's primary theme for the first season is "Listen to her you fuckheads".

Relevant Quotes

Greg Serrano: Does this present say, "Our mom sucks but I'm gonna try very hard not to hold it against you?"
Heather Davis: No, it says you're old and still think kids play outside.

Heather only has a single reprise so far in the show but it's kind of a spoiler so I'll leave it out. Hopefully she'll sing more in season two because her voice is wonderful!

Valencia Perez played by Gabrielle Ruiz

Josh's current girlfriend Valencia comes across as a cliché and airheaded bitch in the early going. To me Valencia and her development is some of the most interesting stuff in a show full of character development and exploration. Valencia seems to a be a very sweet person at heart but is often treated quite badly or like a typical bimbo and has ended up being forced into that roll because of this. She is also one of the only people who realises what Rebecca is up to and this causes others to see her as abrasive and paranoid. However she does have plenty of flaws and is often unintentionally cruel to others. Towards the end of the season she really starts making breakthroughs and I am excited to see where her character goes. Valencia's primary theme for the first season is "I will never treat others well if I don't treat myself well first."

Relevant Quotes

Valencia Perez: I don't trust you as far as I can throw you which isn't far since you eat bagels after eight P.M.

Valencia Perez: I've been practicing my humor! I watched an online tutorial!

Relevant Songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4zhrlxnXnE

So what are you waiting for? Start watching now! I assure you the show is far less cliché than this sentence!

For real though I loving hate Josh, I'm actually getting so mad right now. Anyways old thread posters here's this season's trailer. If people have better thread title ideas let me know and I'll PM a mod though I'll get stressed if I don't think the new title is better but don't want to be full of myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImCSjD3vXi8

UPDATE: It seems like we have updated season two opening credits

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I updated the OP telling people that other posters on the first page recommended no songs or alternate songs etc.

Zaggitz posted:

Here's an idea for a new thread title: Josh is Cool and Good.

I'm doing the same thing as your avatar... EXCEPT IN REVERSE!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

I only realised after seeing this OP that that was Heather in the soundtrack cast photo instead of Valencia, and I'm still trying to figure out why.

Yeah at first I thought "Oh maybe Valencia didn't have any songs in Volume 1" but I realised when I was wrting up Heather's character segment that she didn't either. Definitely a strange one but apparently Valencia was only supposed to be in two episodes originally so maybe the photoshoot predates that change.

I totally agree, Zaggitz, she's definitely someone I'd like to see the show spend more time on and I really want to see her get her own song. I just hope if we spend more time with her she doesn't end up with her own problems because it's nice having someone stable and sensible in a cast of monumental wrecks. And I mean she's amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxaZ7HThc00

Adding a link to the OP now and will update with the youtube version when it's up! I like that they updated it to fit the new season but the other was better in my opinion. That's not a slight on this one because one of them was always going to be better. The new opening feels less descriptive of the situation, I guess that makes sense for season two but that first one was something special.

e: Also I forgot how much I disliked Paula towards the end of the season.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 17, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

10 Second White Josh and Chief clip

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

FoxTerrier posted:

Alright, I'll bite. Why do you hate Joshie?

Josh's song about feelings pretty much embodies my main problem with him, he doesn't have the heart of a child he has the mind of a child. Someone who has the heart of a child believes in true love or that there's good in all people, some one with the mind of a child tries to beat up bad emotions with frankly pathetic karate. There are points where it felt like Rebecca was flirting with a literal five year old and it was really weird. Josh's character also wildly veers between normal guy, nice but naive guy, and so stupid he might actually be developmentally disabled. Being kind of nice doesn't really making him compatible with Rebecca when they don't seem to have anything else in common on any level. Josh was also to blame just as much as Valencia for their relationship and he treats her awfully when Rebecca shows up. He also walks like he pooped his pants and if you think Rebecca looks like a Bex I don't know what to tell you.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Knockknees posted:

I think this is a very fair take on Josh, but I don't think that makes him any more hatable than the rest of them. It makes him just as issue ridden as all of the other characters.

I agree they over do it on the dumbness a little which is weird, but I think it is just to highlight that even though he is nice and even though Rebecca thinks she loves him, that's not enough for them to be compatible in the long run. The speech the aloha HR manager gives about why Josh wouldn't be happy there (based on Rebecca's essay) is a speech about why they won't be happy together as a couple.

But yeah he's got plenty of issues and I don't think we are supposed to think he's a great guy. Emotionally immature and stringing Valencia along for so long while failing to communicate means he has plenty of relationship work to do -- just like Greg and Rebecca have their own different set of relationship poo poo. We'll see how much more figuring of that poo poo any of them might manage to do this season. But I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better. I mean, they have four seasons of this planned so I don't think there's going to be a emotionally balanced light at the end of the tunnel for any of them for a long time.

And guys, I'm worried about Greg.

I think Greg and Rebecca might not be sympatico anymore because I mean she loving stamped on his heart three times now in increasingly horrific ways. Granted the last one was his fault but it's still a pretty big issue. Heather and Greg made a lot of sense but they can't get back together now or it'll feel like he's settling for her imo.

Dumbness is much more hatable than almost any other quality because it's so infuriating also loving bex.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I feel like White Josh and Chief are a journey people should discover naturally :shobon:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Greg's dad needs to die for the Gregger good

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gonna watch this on Sunday when it pops up on Netflix, I expect to come back to many miserable posts.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Haven't gotten to watch the new episode yet but it's already up on the UK/Ireland Netflix!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I just watched the premier with the bestie and it was a pretty solid if misery inducing opener. I'm glad the show is super upfront about Rebecca being a totally garbage person this season. Gaslighting Josh at the start was super scummy but it's fine because the show is blatantly painting her as being truly awful. Really glad that Rebecca and Josh have decided to pair up and ruin each others' lives so that everyone else can mature and grow without them. I kind of wouldn't mind seeing Valencia and Greg hit it off and help each other develop as people. First song was the better of the two because it parodied the short film style of pop songs that are popular now. Second one was fine but Vincent Rodriguez still can't sing. Anyway speaking of Josh (I think someone else brought him up, not me) this episode is a perfect example of why he completely loving sucks. He swung wildly between being a bro who just wanted to bone B E X and a literal 12 year old child. "tee hee I did a farty in my pants"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Zaggitz posted:

i give good parent explicit is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than broadcast.

100%

Senerio posted:

The best joke is from the clean version though. (Not disagreeing with you, I just love "To be clear, you parents want to have sex with me" way more than the equivalent)

0%

Also I thought Audra was Rebecca's mother when reading the thread until I remembered who she was and lol at the person who called her well-adjusted.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Watching the episode now and all the songs are amazing but I am so scared for Greg's pink cloud to evaporate after the "If I wanted" reprise. White Josh is the greatest of all time and he is literally perfect.

e: Though I hate Josh his boy band song was the peak of the season.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 30, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

FoxTerrier posted:

I still think Josh is basically fine. White Josh, however, continues to reach new peaks of awesomeness with each episode. I never would have guessed that the start of last season that he and Darryl would end up being my favorites.

hope and vaseline posted:

The songs in this ep were way better than in the premiere! Also my Josh loathing is reaching new levels. Darryl was so goddamn adorable whenever he showed up :3:

White Josh is ascendant.

Yeah the episode was great right up until the end and frankly Rebecca needs to stay the gently caress away from Greg he honestly deserves way better and should be with Heather.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have to respond to loads of stuff in this thread because there's so many good posts but my dinner is on and it's been a long oul day.

STAC Goat posted:

In a certain way Crazy Ex-Girlfriend built itself a trap in the same way How I Met Your Mother did. We all like Rebecca enough that we kind of want her to stop hurting herself and others, but if she did get too healthy the show kind of loses its premise. That's a tough line to walk over time because eventually you get diminishing returns and people ask "when the gently caress is the mother going to show up?"

I think you're right and that's why I kind of hope it ends this season or the next.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Neglected the bestie the last while with work and other stuff and c'mon Greg after this song please do get on the plane.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He left and I don't know if that is good or bad, probably good but my head is all full of gently caress.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I miss Greg so much but I'm also extremely happy he's away from all these toxic horrible people. Heather was perfect for him but she's also just perfect in general tbqh. Glad she got her own song and I can only hope we get more. It's really interesting seeing Valencia on the opposite side of things than she was last season too.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's back on Friday worth two new episodes!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Missing Greg is the correct respnse but considering all that's happened since you should be happy he's avoiding all these awful awful people. I hope we get to see him again at some point because he and Heather are perfect together.

Also everyone else read this until the end, it's good.

https://twitter.com/worstbloke/status/817250633195454464

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I still have to catch up on this week's episode because I refuse to watch it without my bestie and I am the worst at scheduling but the double bill that came out was super meh and disjointed. Like everyone else has pointed out how the show handled Anna(?) was really terrible. She went from being so hot for Josh she rode him in the bathroom on the sink (not even a stall) to dumping him five minutes later for literally nothing. It was really bad and abrupt writing from a show that normally excels at subverting that lazy kind of plot device. Rebecca losing Tommy being totally fine was weird to me as well. Paula forgives her because "I lost him at a mall!" but the issue isn't just that Rebecca lost Tommy it's that she was so wet for Josh she took him to a night club. Even if she hadn't lost him that's still super bad.

Nathaniel is my man and I literally cannot wait for him to bang Rebecca and ruin all that horrific cutesy talk she does with Josh. I'm super glad there's finally a character who is directly acknowledging how dumb Josh is and that it's causing Rebecca to see him the same way I do i.e. "bwah wbah ubwahha amish bush". I mean he kept using the phrase "poo person" these last few episodes :rolleyes: Also gently caress his parents for taking a shot at Valencia, she was too good for your shortlegged overbuff moron.

e:

Mr. Flunchy posted:

V pleased that Sunil is apparently never to be spoken of or mentioned ever again.

He was terrible and real bitch, was pretty clear why his wife killed herself tbh.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That was a much better episode than the previous two. I thought this episode was going to confirm Rebecca and Josh staying together but now I'm not sure due to the proposal which is definitely a really bad thing for Rebecca's growth. I thought Nathaniel was being set up to torpedo their relationship but maybe not or perhaps he will only be a factor in it. I could see Heather and Nathaniel being FWB an that really upsetting Rebecca too. The season definitely seems to be tightening up and improving now though the songs have been weaker.

e: Also I spent last season telling everyone how great Valencia is and every scene with her this season has vindicated me.

e2: Love Kernels is the best song this season and one of the best satires of modern pop song music videos.

e3: Also I totally agree with whomever called Nathaniel this season's Greg because that's totally how I pegged him at first too. Definitely his own character and different from Greg but very much filling the role of the cool (temperature and :coal:) outsider who honestly critiques Rebecca.

e4: This is also the first episode in long time that shows why someone might be in to Josh.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 18, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Winds needs to be in every episode in the background strutting and giving that cheeky smile. He's the in the same upper character tier as Heather, White Josh, and Father Brah.

Pan Dulce posted:

Me too! Though the song "Let's Have Intercourse" isn't as awesome as "Settle For Me," I still kind of dig Nathaniel. I want the Josh thing over with, finally make the therapist happy.

This definitely felt like the thinking douchebag's 'Settle for Me'

Senerio posted:

That Darryl Song is way more me than I'd like to admit.

Yeah man, from both sides tbh.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I was a big Valencia fan from the first season and I'm glad she has ascended to become an incredibly well-adjusted and mature being of pure light. This season has been far more uneven than last season but it still has plenty of highs and is better than anything even remotely similar.

"Trent how did you get here???"

In the distance a man is seeing gyrating and hip thrusting

"I gave him a riiiIIIiiideee~"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Senerio posted:

Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover.

Starting to see why Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is being renewed despite audience size to be honest.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just started watching the finale and the opening song was so drat good, really great start to the final episode. Excited for this finale because this time I'm delighted that things are going to turn to poo poo. So freaking hyped for her dad to bail on her again.

e: Love Kernels playing while she hugs her dad is good

Also Naomi slating her dad to his face was tip top

and wooo Nathaniel has shown up

e2: If there is a previously unmentioned secret husband that is loving shithouse

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 5, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I love this medley and I'm super happy it started with Stupid Bitch because that is nice and ominous :getin:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hughlander posted:

Really hoping for a heather/hector hookup in season 3. That was such a great finale.

I will hang myself if that happens because she is human perfection and though his mom moments are funny he's a scumbag who tried to make Greg cheat on Rebecca last season.

I really liked the ending of that finale because her dad was such an utter trash goblin and I liked that Nathaniel got a nice burn in too. I thought she was going to forgive Josh because she was moving beyond her problems but nope she's going to lean in to it. That makes more sense considering we have a full season at least left and also will be far more fun than every agonising scene of her and Josh being cutesy. Also even though there relationship was a mess and she did horrible things he's the one who proposed in the middle of her huge therapy breakthrough and ruined everything so Josh can gently caress off forever. I'm so glad Greg is in Emery safe from all these monsters.

Not sure of my favourite song this season but Love Kernels is probably the one I've listened to the most. poo poo Show was brilliant though I just don't have the fortitude to listen to it much.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Like a lot of people I didn't think this season had that many amazing songs until I started to read through the thread and realised there were a lot of great ones. Everyone is sleeping on Love Kernels which is probably the best by far because it's a great satire of modern pop ballads but also has emotional weight.

I still haven't forgiven you guys for blowing it with Stupid Bitch so let's get it right this time.

e: It's between 'poo poo Show' and 'Love Kernels' which are the 'Stupid Bitch' and 'OMG I Think I Like You'

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 5, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

There's plenty of songs like that from the first season like that for me too tbh.

I listened to poo poo Show and now I am sad again. Thanks, thread, you huge bitch.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Devil Winds was great in the episode and for what it was but not as a standalone song imo. We definitely need him as a recurring background character more than anything though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

I like it as a standalone

The edited together video is my most listened song of the season

I don't know if I've listened to the spliiiIIIIced together version actually.

Knockknees posted:

Am I the only one who didn't like "poo poo Show"? I just straight up don't like it.

You're a pretty good poster but if Love Kernels or poo poo Show don't win I'm coming for you.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What the gently caress guys

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

to we tapped that rear end oh my actual christ you bitches

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Libearian posted:

What songs are used in Rebecca's Reprise? I recognise the transition from 'Stupid Bitch' to 'Villian in my own story' but the rest of it also sounds really familiar but i've been listening to s1 songs on youtube and i can't recognise where the other bits are from?

I'd have to rewatch it but Darryl's daddy daughter song is one of them too.

fake edit: Rewatching now and it's

Stupid Bitch
Villain
Daddy's girl
We'll never have problems (the groovy one from this season)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ex Ray visons was pretty great in Tap That rear end but that's about it to be quite honest.

There is nothing suggestive about period sex, it's explicit.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Doesn't I Give Good Parent have a line like "Yale law, Harvard undergrad"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

^Teamwork

Alleged season three episode titles 1-6

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:siren: The Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season 2 Song Battle Bracket: Round 2 :siren:

The results for this round are in, and I hope for EmmyOk's sake Love Kernels lasts a bit longer in this competition than It Was A Shitshow did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I liked it plenty at the time but honestly the only strong memory I have of it now is how they kept switching who was playing the piano until it was the parcel. It's certainly nowhere near as good as Stupid Bitch.

• Locked thread