Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recluse
Mar 5, 2004

Yeah, I did that.
If some spots open up, I'm in as Recluse8319.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

quote:

Hi Shadow Masters,

We're very excited to announce that the Shadow Wars 1.2 update will be releasing on 10/19/2016 UTC. This update will contain the new feature - SYNDICATE RAIDS. All users will be required to update their game to the new version from 01:00AM UTC. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Join us for our an epic Halloween celebration as we release new events with some exciting exclusive monsters and artifacts.

The Shadow Wars team

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Reddit compiled a list of monsters:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadow_Wars/wiki/monsters

I managed to get Ramsess II which is freaking great. Earth tank that gains protector if he doesn't attack? Almost an auto include.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Exmond posted:

Reddit compiled a list of monsters:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadow_Wars/wiki/monsters

I managed to get Ramsess II which is freaking great. Earth tank that gains protector if he doesn't attack? Almost an auto include.

Yeah, unless I'm up against a bunch of fires, he's always on my team.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
So far Ramses II and Eustace have been my MVPs. Eustace is light (so you rarely benefit from elemental strengths or weaknesses), but using his passive skill means his attack power is high enough on turn 2 to one shot most monsters. The active skill (crit buff plus splash damage) is just icing on the cake.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mikey Purp posted:

So far Ramses II and Eustace have been my MVPs. Eustace is light (so you rarely benefit from elemental strengths or weaknesses), but using his passive skill means his attack power is high enough on turn 2 to one shot most monsters. The active skill (crit buff plus splash damage) is just icing on the cake.

Yup, I posted it earlier, but Ramses, Eustace, and Jenny Greenteeth are my goto team.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I got the artifact on Jenny that heals her each time she's not selected. Which means unless I *need* to attack with blue she gets a self heal and another HP buff.

BTW - Eustace having an artifact on him that makes him stealth if not selected completely fucks with his passive. It seems to kind of randomly choose between effects that get applied and is super buggy.

Having two Eustace is as amazing as it sounds when you can borrow him.

I just borrowed someone's Helle that was pretty nice. At 30 theirs was self-buffing for 212 at end of each turn for 2 turns in a row after every special use. As you can imagine the HP got high super fast.

I finished the prior daily 1 minute after it was over, but started the last fight like 10mins before. They have no buffer so I lost out on the bonus medkit reward. At least I did get a shot at the monster from 3*ing it.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Raids are in - seems we put dudes in for self defense and other guilds can steal our raw arc!

Monsters cap at 20 for self defense so we need to all get some people in sooner than later as it seems one guild already attacked us somehow, but we didn't lose anything yet.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
How do you check? Update hasn't arrived yet.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I downloaded the update from the US iOS store around 4.5 hours ago. Not sure if it was up before that or not.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Update on googleplay, really digging the blood moon icon.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Got a crew set to go. Tried to pick the monsters I hate fighting against.

Do we know how to get these new monsters yet?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
probably through weekly events with the current one ending soon.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Any room in Goonamancers or should I start a new guild?

Digging the game but the artwork is pretty bleh

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
guild is full, a second one would be appreciated

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Asheron Pact (red team) guild name "Lowtaxed", come one come all.

Please make sure you have SA in your profile or post your name here so I don't accidentally boot you!!!

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Joined lowtaxed as Theswarms, thanks for creating.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Theswarms posted:

Joined lowtaxed as Theswarms, thanks for creating.

yeah until this guild gets full too im gonna promote all the goons so i can keep track of who is who

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Joined lowtaxed as deadly_puddingSA :v:

Recluse
Mar 5, 2004

Yeah, I did that.
In Lowtaxed as Recluse8319, thanks!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
promoted the both of you

op if you could add this info to the, uh, op

Overflow guild is Lowtaxed, part of the Archeron Pact (Fire Team). Same rules apply as Goonamancers: post here or include SA in your name, and donate silver and do not donate arc or obsidian.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
How do we participate in raids? All I've seen so far is people trying to raid us.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
To raid all you have to do is go to the syndicate screen and click the "Star raid" button. Maybe only elders can do it?

I don't know how to defend, it looks like we are currently under attack so maybe when thats going on you can't add defenders?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
you need to set a defence team to defend but you can't use your defense team in other fights.

Goonamancer leader can you set all goons to elders?

To guild elders please don't press the down arrow in the members list it downgrades an elder to normal member.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

EzEight posted:

you need to set a defence team to defend but you can't use your defense team in other fights.

To guild elders please don't press the down arrow in the members list it downgrades an elder to normal member.

That was me sorry. Tried to promote the person i downvoted but didn't seem to take.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
In Lowtaxed as Phanatic.

Random gameplay questions:

What determines when opponents can use abilities? Some rounds they do, some rounds they don't, some rounds they use the same ability twice. But they're not playing the board like the player does, so how's this work?

Does the bonus damage done with a Final Blow *do* anything, or is it just graphical cruft?

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 19, 2016

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo raid attacking is bullshit. The defense team gets to act first, gets abilities filled as well. That meant that my Eustace, Jenny, Ramses team was down to just Eustace before I even got a chance too attack.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Phanatic posted:

In Lowtaxed as Phanatic.

Random gameplay questions:

What determines when opponents can use abilities? Some rounds they do, some rounds they don't, some rounds they use the same ability twice. But they're not playing the board like the player does, so how's this work?

Does the bonus damage done with a Final Blow *do* anything, or is it just graphical cruft?

Final blow is probably a celebration mechanic I haven't noticed anything. Enemy skills are random from my experience.

Soonmot posted:

Holy poo poo raid attacking is bullshit. The defense team gets to act first, gets abilities filled as well. That meant that my Eustace, Jenny, Ramses team was down to just Eustace before I even got a chance too attack.

Turns out as a defender in a raid the team you pick doesn't heal and needs to kill each players team.

I went in with the most annoying team I could make and only managed to take out one person. My team Stok, Ms. Ng and Baba yaga.
Surprisingly the game prioritizes everyone but Stok so I managed to Lumbering Rage my way to victory.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah for defenders, I'd put in people with blast skills. Having your team mostly dead before you even attack is demoralizing

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Joining Lowtaxed as Stigrbrand

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I joined Lowtaxed as Coffeeamin.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Coffeehitler posted:

I joined Lowtaxed as Coffeeamin.

the_steve posted:

Joining Lowtaxed as Stigrbrand

elder'd you both

i also went ahead and maxed out to rank 2 with some spare obsidian since i have all the monsters so far, so all lowtaxed dudes get 25% quicker healer on fire monsters

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
In Lowtaxed as Hilarity

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I'm guessing raids are actually something that work better when you act in concert, because I noticed that after we launched a raid in Goonomancers, the keys for the entire group went down. I like this; we needed something to actually talk about in this thread besides "what's the goon clan? Is it full?"

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alright goons.

Due to time constraints I'll step down from Goonmancers Leader position in 48 hours. Likely leave the guild for an active goon as well. I enjoyed making it and looking at the guild structure.

So figure out who is going to be leader here.

I'm still available to update the OP irregularly.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 20, 2016

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Is there no way to go back NY after going to London? I had some bosses I wanted to go back 2 for the 3 star and I can't figure out how.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

EzEight posted:

And that explains it... I didn't realize I'd been downgraded at some point.

It would have been nice to be able to jump into some raids in the first few hours.

Soonmot posted:

Yeah for defenders, I'd put in people with blast skills. Having your team mostly dead before you even attack is demoralizing

Happy I did this to start with 3 non-blue ones since I assume they would come expecting to beat blue. I was just figuring that they'd kill one of my dudes and the others could try to defend - turns out it's even better than expected!

tap my mountain posted:

Is there no way to go back NY after going to London? I had some bosses I wanted to go back 2 for the 3 star and I can't figure out how.

Currently no - you gotta 3* everything before going to the next city if you want rewards.

I read somewhere that they have plans to fix this in the future.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I'll lead Goonamancers. IGN Xianxia

Should we have a raid going constantly? What are your thoughts?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Aredna posted:

Currently no - you gotta 3* everything before going to the next city if you want rewards.

I read somewhere that they have plans to fix this in the future.

Yeah this is one thing that they really screwed up in the game design. There are so many instances where I want a back button and they failed to include one, but the most egregious example is when you click attack and are stuck choosing which enemy to target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Seconding that attacking in a raid is bullshit. 2 blasts and a eustace would stop every attacker. The boards are also bullshit, tiny and half locked at the start. How are you supposed to do anything when the best combo you can make every turn is a 6?

• Locked thread