Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

So how do raids work, I know we get raided sometimes.
Do the monsters get benefits from being defenders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Geokinesis posted:

So how do raids work, I know we get raided sometimes.
Do the monsters get benefits from being defenders?

Poorly. We'll start trying to coordinate times to do raids as a syndicate, but before the last update, they were a pain in the dick.

Leadership news: They can't deactivate candyleader, since that guy has apparently been active in the last week, but they made me co-leader so yay?

GOONAMANCERS

If you don't have SA in your name, post here so I don't demote you and you don't get autopurged when we hit the member cap. Anyone at level 15 will be kicked by next sunday if you haven't posted in the thread.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Ghost face

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
willus

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

FairyNuffsa

The SA isn't capitalised but I am too lazy to fix it.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
XianxiaEzeight

Anyone finding Baron Somalia good? Thoughts?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Aredna

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Exmond hur de hur...

Any tips on Baron stage 15? My standard setup of Earth defender,mage,mage isn't working since the worst wave has fire attacker and Ms NG, who makes my defender useless.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Exmond posted:

Exmond hur de hur...

Any tips on Baron stage 15? My standard setup of Earth defender,mage,mage isn't working since the worst wave has fire attacker and Ms NG, who makes my defender useless.

Are you using salts?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
For stage 20, I think I'm going to try Duul as my tank. The board set up makes it too difficult to get good combos, meaning Horde won't activate for a few rounds anyways. Two darks and a fire mean that either my helle is dying the first round(because I can't get enough lights to activate angel of war) or Horde will be crippled/killed by the fire guy. Jenny doesn't get enough blues to heal until round three. I beat it first try with Horde, Jenny, Helle and baba yaga, but Baba never gained enough dark to fire off a blast, died early and then my Helle died in the final wave from a half dead auto blast. two stars, but that was without any salts.

Exmond posted:

Exmond hur de hur...

Healer and a Helle. Also salts.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

EzEight posted:

Are you using salts?

Trust me i am getting salty ;).

Ill try out the helle and healer combo. Whats preventing helle from getting one shot by barons?

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I joined Goonamancers as SAzeesik. I just started and the game seems fun. The amount of monsters seems at the low end though. Do new monsters unlock a you progress?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

zeesik posted:

I joined Goonamancers as SAzeesik. I just started and the game seems fun. The amount of monsters seems at the low end though. Do new monsters unlock a you progress?

As you progress through the story (or do the halloween event that unlock at lvl 5?) you gain the ability to get more followers.

Every boss fight that you 3 star (3 of your doods left alive, you can rez one during fight) gives you a small chance of catching the boss monster, or if you spend raw arc you can guarantee to catch it. Once you clear the boss fight the boss is added to teh summon pool.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Looking for confirmation of goonitude for pepo, sambo, Mikey putp, Trampus, Inflammatory, Hagop, and Ghost Dad

Here's the current roster, we have four open spaces before I kick people come Sunday.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Need advice for Baron Semadi level 10. Cannot crack it.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Exmond posted:

As you progress through the story (or do the halloween event that unlock at lvl 5?) you gain the ability to get more followers.

Every boss fight that you 3 star (3 of your doods left alive, you can rez one during fight) gives you a small chance of catching the boss monster, or if you spend raw arc you can guarantee to catch it. Once you clear the boss fight the boss is added to teh summon pool.

to clarify this, specifically all 3 of your own monsters. your fourth monster (the random one you get to chose after selecting your team of 3) doesnt impact this either way. you can lose it and still get 3 stars, but if you lose one of your monsters but keep your ally summon alive it does not count towards a 3rd star

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Helical Nightmares posted:

Need advice for Baron Semadi level 10. Cannot crack it.

Baron Lvl 10? I had Ramses, two mages and a lvl 37 helle . Time it on wave 2 that the helle is the active attacker (and has her double attack ready) and your mages take out the wave 2 enemies with their blasts. Then helle goes to town.

I didn't 3 star Baron lvl 10 at all.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I three stared them all except 18+

It cannot be stated enough that being able to attack first on wave switches can save your rear end.

Double attacks, Mage blasts, Horde's auto damage if it's hit, use these to trigger a wave transition.

Always target enemies with taunts first as they WILL cast that poo poo on your tank, meaning you have no tank and have to use a weak attacker.

For Baron levels specifically, try to kill a single target in a single round. If they drop below 50%hp you are getting a blast every round until they're dead.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Also, everyone is aware that force quitting a losing battle instead of retreating (or finishing the battle) allows you to re-enter the game as though that battle hadn't happened, right?

This includes Raid battles.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

overseer07 posted:

Also, everyone is aware that force quitting a losing battle instead of retreating (or finishing the battle) allows you to re-enter the game as though that battle hadn't happened, right?

This includes Raid battles.

This would have been useful last event, had I known.

Wht is Barons second item after the signet ring?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Also given how hard Baron hits on death if you're using Helle - I had to kill him 3rd to 3* the level 15 version of it - Otherwise she would get torn up bad.

And yes, take out those taunts and make sure you attack first every round.

If you don't realize it - in game you can long hold on the opponents to check their abilities and plan out your strategy.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Well, it's been fun but I have to focus on other things in the immediate future. I'll be leaving the guild while I'm dormant and not updating the OP. Thanks gents.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the new weekly boss. I'm level 42 and on level 10 she hits Duul for 1000 points of damage and can heal herself for 1500, which seems to happen every round. You need a water tank, a healer, and someone who can block her from using skills. I'll try bringing the baron to the fight as that fireball that uses their damage against them seems like a good plan. But holy poo poo if you don't have him.

Her base damage value is 2k

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Soonmoot I love your catrina with the signet ring equipped. New favorite right there

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hey, just a reminder to everyone:

Check your defense crews. Some of you only have two monsters in there or monsters under level 20 even though you've leveled up since then. If you have a high star monster you don't use, pop them in defense!

I'm on central time, I'd like to start doing raids three times a day so that everyone has a chance to take part, depending on how fast we accumulate keys, we may go less than that or more. Hopefully we can ABR (always be raiding). In a perfect world, I'll trigger raids at Noon, 5pm, and 10pm central time. I'll announce it in group chat too.

I want to give a special shout out to Hillarity who's Baba Yaga is a loving beast and allows me to completely roll over hard maps when I pair her with Baron Samedi! Also, add a third defender, Hilarity!

EDIT: Lol, i can't start a raid. Go crazy, folks!

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 7, 2016

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Soonmot posted:

Hey, just a reminder to everyone:

Check your defense crews. Some of you only have two monsters in there or monsters under level 20 even though you've leveled up since then. If you have a high star monster you don't use, pop them in defense!

I'm on central time, I'd like to start doing raids three times a day so that everyone has a chance to take part, depending on how fast we accumulate keys, we may go less than that or more. Hopefully we can ABR (always be raiding). In a perfect world, I'll trigger raids at Noon, 5pm, and 10pm central time. I'll announce it in group chat too.

I want to give a special shout out to Hillarity who's Baba Yaga is a loving beast and allows me to completely roll over hard maps when I pair her with Baron Samedi! Also, add a third defender, Hilarity!

EDIT: Lol, i can't start a raid. Go crazy, folks!

What are tips for raiding. As the enemy gets 1st attack and they have fair chance at koing one of your team.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Cross your fingers? I don't remember if ramses or Nidhog even get their auto tank abilities. Assemble a team that matches well with the colors of the team your fighting and don't rely on monsters that get stronger the longer they fight, as you won't have enough time.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
also tapping on the background will make the moves animate faster which helps if you're low on time

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Any advice for how to approach the last five stages of the weekly? The wig is really throwing me for a loop

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Try to bring my skeleton lady with you. Her heal will double your damage and will stack with itself. It's even better if they provoke her to attack because her base damage is pretty decent.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yea I managed to get her finally. Love her. Also it looks like skele girl, eustace, and an auto tank that still tanks even if attacker (i.e. Niddhog) is what you need. Just breezed through three stages with them

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
I couldn't get skeleton lady for the last one despite scumming a bit so I did it the slow way with Drig (with stealth cap) to prevent heals/double attacks, and Jenny+Duul who become immortal after stacking. Since they're the same color it's easy to keep all their skills up.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Just a reminder for everyone to make sure they have an active defense crew, we just lost 6K raw arc because some syndicate beat all our dudes. I'll be running raids at 12, 5, and 10pm central time and announce in the chat. If we all beat just 1 enemy we can really up our arc income.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I've been having good luck in raids using Catrina, Nidhog, and Xaphan. They have to avoid water heavy teams, but a single water type can be taken down by Xaphan being boosted by Catrina and using his damage/heal skill.

My Defense team is Ms Ng with her provoke skill, The Fly with the baron's signet ring, which will take him to 50% right away and blast their entire team and Blackwood Devil with some crit boosting gear.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Okay, we have yet to run out of keys, so if anyone wants to start a raid outside of my 12p/5p/10p central time raids, go for it. Just announce a raid is running in guild chat.

RAID TIPS

These are just a few things I've picked up and that work for me. Anyone else who has ideas, please contribute.

For attack: I'm running a three red team of Catrina, Nidhog, and Xaphan.

Xaph has the serial killer mask to decrease enemy crit by 15%, this helps defend against high crit attackers, but I'm looking for something else. He's my attacker and his skill damages the enemy while healing himself with his skill.

Catrina has the lockpicks. This is more for pve instead of pvp since she's my main healer, since in pvp my nidhog is getting stunned. I should probably swap this for a healing compass or jawbone since she's always attacked first in pvp but I'm lazy. I have her heal/buff skill active instead of the cheaper heal, tossing a heal on Xaphan even if he's full up, can kill even water enemies if his skill is ready.

Both of these guys are five stars, with Catrina being close to six. Stars make a big difference.

Nidhog is my tank, he auto tanks as long as he's above 50% hp, so I keep a healing compass on him. I've also used Tar Spit because I'd rather choose my attacker then deny the enemy it's tank.

Basically, everyone can heal. I've been able to beat three enemy teams (that don't have waters) with just Cat and Nidhog, although that pushes the five minute time limit. I start out by targeting 3 green teams, then 2 green no blue teams. I will usually kill all of them, unless I get sloppy or don't pay attention. Almost always entering the next fight with near full health Then I target 1 green no blue teams, i'm about 75/25 on surviving this. 50/50 on surving this with two guys still up. Next is 2 green 1 blue.

After this I target level 30 and below that don't have any blues. If I kill them all, then it's 1 green 1 blue teams and no green no blue teams to finish it out. I have literally killed a dozen teams in a single raid doing it this way. I spawn lots of red gems and everything charges everyone. Everyone has a self heal either through skills or items and Catrina has that amazing single target heal/damage buff with a 50% squad heal chance.

If you can swing it, try running a monocolor team. I'd avoid doing this with light/dark since you will always lose one of your guys on the first attack, with those colors being strong against each other.

Defense

I'm currently running Fly(with baron ring), Ng, and Blackwood (with +15% crit). Having a tank would keep Fly alive longer, but since defender deaths don't carry over, I'm basically guaranteed two kills in two rounds unless they have a healer and some lucky gem drops.

HOLY poo poo DO NOT RUN MONOCOLOR TEAMS!!!!!!
Just don't. I'd even avoid running a team with two of the same color on it, but if you have some strong monsters, go for it, I guess.

Defenders gain 5 charges every round, including starting round. Factor this in when you plan your defense. Skills that trigger more often are a bit more valuable than ones that have to charge a bit, matches do not last more than a few rounds.

Crabbe: Blue fucker, 50% to damage the enemy team every time he takes damage, holy poo poo, this sucks. It's a random blast, but it hurts.

The Fly: When he's below 50% health at the start of a round, he damages the enemy team. I've slapped a baron's ring on mine so he starts that first round below 50%.

Ng: That provoke fires every. loving. Round! Totally negates the enemy tank, plus, if she attacks, she stuns if the target survives.

Baron Samedi: Takes a few rounds to charge his skill, but it does 100-200% the target's attack rating, depending on level. He also damages the entire enemy crew when he's killed. So they either save him for last and eat that blast, or kill him early and take damage.

Blackwood Devil: Crit machine. Everytime he attacks, his base crit is increased 50%. Toss a crit boost item on him and basically autocrit every attack.

Nidhog: autotank with either a quick charge provoke or stun skill

The Horde: Heavy damage everytime it's attacked, but it's tank skill takes two rounds to charge.

Any attacker with double attack: One attack on the tank, one attack on another target. AoE attacks are similar, but not as effective.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 23, 2016

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

In as Kevlar Beard.

This game is unexpectedly really good, and it doesn't feel IAP heavy in the least.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I threw down ten dollars just because I appreciate how it doesn't fall into any of the other gatcha bullshit. Even then it didn't give me that much of an edge so this game is definitely playable and competitive without any iap

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Very, especially since we accumulate so much raw arc. Our payout last week was 4K per person who contributed. Doing the roulettes and the video watches, you should gain about 100 obsidian a day, without factoring in mission rewards or the daily mission for the week that awards obsidian.

On top of THAT, if you are linked to your google account, use the google rewards app to answer surveys for 10-50 cents a day and use that fake money to buy IAP!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
That 4K payout is huge. That means you could likely capture every single monster and item you come across and still have plenty of arc left over when the next pay out happens

I'm honestly surprised this game isn't getting more notice considering how fun and hassle free it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
We've almost doubled our raw arc to 200K this week, so I'm anxious to see how much we bring in on the payout this time. I think it's only divided among people who participated that week, but it is an equal division.

Also: On these last few days, if you don't see a raid happening, start one and announce it in chat. Let's run up that total.

• Locked thread