Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Spring Break My Heart posted:

*loses a 1-0 game against one of the best pitchers of all time after winning a dramatic yet ultimately convincing Game 1* Ugh. Cubs gonna Cubs.

Game 1 was in no way convincing at all....that was pure luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Congratulations Kershaw/Jansen for making lemonade out of that offense.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

trying to be a gigantic whiner about a 1-1 series where the cubs would still be favourites to win is not endearing, not interesting, not original and definitely not funny.

We're only favorites to a stupid media that keeps thinking our offense will come to life and Rizzo, Russell, Zobrist, etc. will start hitting. Sure it could happen but it hasn't so far.

As it is, Arrietta vs. Hill is a toss up. Lackey vs. Urias is a LA win. And Game 5 is Kershaw vs. Lester probably which is probably another LA win. So at best we come back to Chicago down 3-2, at worst the series is over after Game 5 with LA winning.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Craptacular! posted:

Congratulations Kershaw/Jansen for making lemonade out of that offense.

Kershaw with the good hair.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

*loses a 1-0 game against one of the best pitchers of all time after winning a dramatic yet ultimately convincing Game 1* Ugh. Cubs gonna Cubs.

*devotes three hours of free time 4/7 days a week to make this post earnestly 50 times per game*

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Jubs posted:

Kershaw has such glorious hair.

:allears:

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

SourKraut posted:

We're only favorites to a stupid media that keeps thinking our offense will come to life and Rizzo, Russell, Zobrist, etc. will start hitting. Sure it could happen but it hasn't so far.

As it is, Arrietta vs. Hill is a toss up. Lackey vs. Urias is a LA win. And Game 5 is Kershaw vs. Lester probably which is probably another LA win. So at best we come back to Chicago down 3-2, at worst the series is over after Game 5 with LA winning.

I like you can we be friends, you sound like you know your baseball.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Kershaw with the good hair.

I'm sad that no one else is applauding this. Really well done.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Pancakes posted:

I'm sad that no one else is applauding this. Really well done.

They don't like me because I'm a negative nancy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just a reminder that Rich Hill is an ex-Cub.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It took the greatest pitcher of a generation to beat the Cubs 1-0, so I'm still feeling pretty good about our chances.

You're supposed to become despair incarnate so the cubs do well to make you wrong.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pancakes posted:

Cancel all baseball, burn all ballparks to the ground, salt the earth. Am I doing this right?

I think waiting until the game ended to say it meant we already hosed it up.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Jubs posted:

Kershaw has such glorious hair.
:agreed:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
On the plus side when the Dodgers advance, at least the only player I dislike is Utley.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I like when Cubs fans are trying to be optimistic but you can see right through them as if they had online facial expressions. I get being "positive" is the cool new hip Maddon thing. But honestly analyze the situation, the Cubs are done.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

SourKraut posted:

I wouldn't be so sure Kershaw is starting on short rest in Game 5, unless the Dodgers are down 3-1 at that point.

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013

bawfuls posted:

I wouldn't be so sure Kershaw is starting on short rest in Game 5, unless the Dodgers are down 3-1 at that point.

im convinced he is starting game 5 unless the dodgers are UP 3-1 at that point

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Art Core...velay posted:

Which they will be.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Art Core...velay posted:

There's an argument to be made for pitching Maeda at home instead of in Chicago, and I think that makes him more likely to start Game 5

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

You're supposed to become despair incarnate so the cubs do well to make you wrong.

I feel way better about losing tonight than I did losing game 3 of the NLDS. We got to Bumgarner in that one and then got beat by their godawful bullpen. Tonight we barely lost a pitcher's duel against the best pitcher in baseball.

If we get blown away by Urias and Hill, then I'll go back to doom and gloom.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I feel way better about losing tonight than I did losing game 3 of the NLDS. We got to Bumgarner in that one and then got beat by their godawful bullpen. Tonight we barely lost a pitcher's duel against the best pitcher in baseball.

If we get blown away by Urias and Hill, then I'll go back to doom and gloom.

Reminder that we're going to see Kershaw a bunch more.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SourKraut posted:

Reminder that we're going to see Kershaw a bunch more.

The Dodgers have won zero games this postseason where Kershaw didn't pitch. If they want to trot Kershaw out there 4 of 7 games, the Cubs' hitters are eventually going to figure him out.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Kershaw appeared to be weakening as far as someone like him could if Pat Hufhes's description of his last inning was any indication. So I don't doubt the Cubs can scratch a few runs against him.

I do feel pretty OK about the series going forward too. Except if Arrieta turns into a literal pumpkin Tuesday.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Dodgers have won zero games this postseason where Kershaw didn't pitch. If they want to trot Kershaw out there 4 of 7 games, the Cubs' hitters are eventually going to figure him out.

While I'd like to believe that, right now we've got Rizzo, Russell, Zobrist, and to a slightly lesser extent Heyward all unable to hit. Rizzo and Russell especially right now couldn't hit the Titanic if they were standing on the iceberg as it passed by.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Why wont the league let that pitcher put a bandage on that disgusting wound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Why wont the league let that pitcher put a bandage on that disgusting wound?

Nobody has invented skin colored or possibly translucent bandages yet. It's a technological barrier to be crossed hopefully in this millenium.

Honestly though I don't think a bandage would do poo poo. Nothing is going to hold the blood in with that much centrifugal force.

Longpig Bard fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 18, 2016

• Locked thread