Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
If we have to lose, then it better be against Kershaw.

If we can beat him though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I'm basically treating this like the Bumgarner game - I don't expect to win, but if we do win I'll be ecstatic. However if we do lose, I hope it's because Kershaw actually stymied the Cubs vs that Game 3 bullshit of Maddon managing himself out of available pitchers.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Roger_Mudd posted:

Kyle Hendricks is good but looks 7 years old. You are welcome for that hot take.

He also perpetually looks bored and/or like he's about to cry. This does not however diminish the good part.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hendricks :allears:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Kershaw looking good so far. Hopefully Hendricks can keep pace, I'm down for a pitchers duel between the ERA title winner and the probably ERA title winner had he racked up enough innings to qualify :munch:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Lol or not

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

xbilkis posted:

Cubs fans are genuinely posting "that's game" in the second inning after a single run lmao

And you're surprised?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

GET MY BELT SON posted:

he's fine

it's the playoffs

you're gonna give up a dinger

My dad just texted me that Kyle is giving up too much hard contact and should be pulled.

It's going to be a long night.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

GET MY BELT SON posted:

jesus christ he needs to relax a bit

He does :sigh:

Cubs getting absolutely mowed down as expected, hopefully Kyle does his usual thing of making the adjustment and doesn't give up much more.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hendricks working really low in the zone even though he's not getting any calls.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

If only he could keep getting that call, but he absolutely didn't get it for Turner or Seager.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I just noticed we've got one of those weird umps who won't give the catcher a new ball and throws it directly to the pitcher himself.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Sure why not.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:lol: At throwing a curve at Hendricks.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

fishing with the fam posted:

That dude is a wood chipper.

There has to be actual wood involved though and the Cubs refuse to use it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I mean at this rate we're probably going to get 6 out of Kyle, maaaaybe 7 if he gets a really quick 1-2-3 inning or something.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Close but no dice Rizzo.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
At least they got him up to 10 pitches per inning :v:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Montgomery is up in the pen and I think if Hendricks allows one more runner he's done.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

TMMadman posted:

Kyle has actually pitched pretty well outside of a few walks.

Yeah, sucks but I just don't see this turning around unless something drastic happens, nobody is seeing Kershaw at all tonight.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Please stop hitting almost dongs Cubs, the false hope is hurting me.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Sydin posted:

Please stop hitting almost dongs Cubs, the false hope is hurting me.

WHAT DID I JUST SAY

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Not getting perfecto'd at least :toot:

It's the moral victories.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Well that was weird. :lol:

Time for Heyward to strand them.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
First pitch soft roller to second.

I can already see it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Second pitch popup works too.

Also after all that? Still only 50 pitches through 5.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I mean, even disregarding Heyward's awful career numbers against Kershaw, you'd think the whole matchups thing would convince Maddon to PH Soler there. Hell even if you're worried about RF defense, you could then switch Almora in defensively the next inning. Soler probably wouldn't have gotten a hit either, but at least it would have been a genuine effort instead of... whatever letting Heyward bat was.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Wood up again.

I'd just like to think Zastryzny is sitting in the corner twiddling his thumbs, wondering if Maddon remembers he also pitches left handed.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hendricks I love you but how many times are you going to keep trying to get that low and away corner call even though you haven't got it basically all night?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Well that sucks. :(

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
A double play ball would be pretty cool here Hendricks.

beejay posted:

Buck can't fuckin WAIT for Hendricks to leave this game for some reason.

It's funny because I can't loving wait for Buck to leave this game.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Baez :swoon:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So I know I shouldn't be throwing shade what with Rizzo's slump, but seriously how had Pederson ever hit the ball? He's taken nothing but the most awkward garbage cuts all series.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Edwards spot is immediately up here which means he'll have thrown a grand total of two pitches this game.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Roberts was arguing with the umps during the entire break. What was he arguing about?

Maybe arguing infield fly.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Pancakes posted:

Maybe trying to argue review even though infield fly is (if memory serves) a judgment call and therefore not reviewable.

I'm sure the Cardinals are very familiar with the inoutfield fly rule. :v:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Ended in an out but gently caress it at least somebody finally put together a half-way decent AB against Kershaw.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Be nice if Kershaw could use some of that accuracy to throw one into the helicopter blades.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Not that I won't be disappointed if the Cubs lose - I will - but if it's 0-1 to Kershaw then fine, I can live with that.

If the bullpen comes in and shits the bed now though... :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Rizzo seriously needs to be benched. I'm not even kidding, sit him for the rest of this game. Make him think about what he has done. Have him face the corner for 3 innings.

It's nice to not be the saltiest person in the thread.

• Locked thread