Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Pmom was eaten by a ghost.

quote:

You are Betrayal at the House on the Hill

You are a Traitor. You'll know who the scum team is, but they won't be aware of your existence. You win when the mafia control the vote.

You are scum-aligned. You win when your team controls the vote.

Town has saved the day and wins!
Mags also wins!

Mod Doc

Scum Doc

Good game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Yay, I can't believe Town won. :)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Here's the jail doc

And the flips we didn't see:

pera

quote:

You are Epic Spell Wars of The Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre

You are a Battle Wizard. Each night, you may choose a spell to cast on a target. One spell will make your target hated the next day. The second spell allows you to roleblock a target. The third spell is a one-shot ability where you can revive a dead player.

You are town-aligned. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Quid

quote:

You are Munchkin

You are a half-breed. Twice throughout the game you may choose one role that has previously flipped and receive a half-as-powerful version of that role.

You are town-aligned. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

I want to once again thank Kashuno for helping me come up with these insane roles :)

AnonymousNarcotics fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 17, 2016

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thank gently caress.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dammit I had a feeling Pod was the doc, but with Taste dying to pera's roleblock and krell being a free cuddle it got rough.

The only person I actually successfully rolecopped was Imgay so I never could redirect anyone.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I win!!!!!!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Why did pera's actions fail repeatedly? (Specifically her RB on Quid and her attempt to hate herself)

Also, pera, why in god's name would you try to put a stack of hate on yourself for that last day? If that had actually worked, you would have straight up lost town the game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yay town :toot:

:laffo: at being Jailer in 2 games at the same time.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
...did AA never submit a single action?

Also, WHY did Infinitum's jailing of Moat->Moritz fail? The jail is what theoretically stopped all other targeted actions from working, wasn't it?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Podima posted:

Why did pera's actions fail repeatedly? (Specifically her RB on Quid and her attempt to hate herself)

Also, pera, why in god's name would you try to put a stack of hate on yourself for that last day? If that had actually worked, you would have straight up lost town the game.

Oh, anyone who targets Taste (killing him) will have all their actions fail for the rest of the game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"Podima is too loving clever for his own good" - thanks tobbs lmao. I totally DID peg you with my very first post, didn't I? :smuggo:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh, anyone who targets Taste (killing him) will have all their actions fail for the rest of the game.

Ha. That won us the game in spite of pera, didn't it? I don't think that was in the role PM for taste that ANarc posted, which is lame. Oh well!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I would call that a good game, I enjoyed it even though we lost.

You guys were suspicious of me for pretty much the entire game but I held you off until LYLO.

If Quid hadn't killed me I was going to try and get PMom lynched D6 which is kind of funny.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Podima posted:

Ha. That won us the game in spite of pera, didn't it? I don't think that was in the role PM for taste that ANarc posted, which is lame. Oh well!

Yeah it wasn't in the flip but it's in the scumdoc.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
FWIW when I got my role, I thought *I* would gain a stack of Hated every time I used my doc ability, which is an interesting twist on the role. But apparently it's just the ability to make someone else Hated each time I successfully doc? I never used that, for obvious reasons.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Podima posted:

FWIW when I got my role, I thought *I* would gain a stack of Hated every time I used my doc ability, which is an interesting twist on the role. But apparently it's just the ability to make someone else Hated each time I successfully doc? I never used that, for obvious reasons.

"In addition, each night you may choose to protect a target from death. If you do, you gain one stack of hatred."

The way this reads is that every night you doc someone, you should have gained a stack of hatred, so 1 night = 1 less vote to lynch, 2 nights 2 less votes, 3 nights 3 less votes and so on.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

"In addition, each night you may choose to protect a target from death. If you do, you gain one stack of hatred."

The way this reads is that every night you doc someone, you should have gained a stack of hatred, so 1 night = 1 less vote to lynch, 2 nights 2 less votes, 3 nights 3 less votes and so on.

Exactly. But it didn't work like that, as I found out the first time I successfully docced!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Which sort of makes sense, given that while you were alive Quid couldn't die to a juggernaut kill, vig, scum NK, lynch, or serial killer.

For him you were a passive super-doc.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Which made Quid an immortal innocent child vigilante.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pod I suspected you all game and I'm glad you proved me wrong and flipped town :v:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Which sort of makes sense, given that while you were alive Quid couldn't die to a juggernaut kill, vig, scum NK, lynch, or serial killer.

For him you were a passive super-doc.

You have no idea how relieved I was when Quid was confirmed town to me. :shobon:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I assumed that as soon as Pod saw stickup's flip he was gonna gun for me hard, so I killed him. I'm just lucky I didn't try to kill Quid or PMom wouldn't have had a chance.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Podima posted:

You have no idea how relieved I was when Quid was confirmed town to me. :shobon:

Yeah, you could have picked scum or the SK which would be almost as fun as picking the jester.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Nicely done quid and pera

I,too, suspected pod for a large portion of the game. Glad it all went well

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

dang, bad reaction to a single vote ##vote tobbs. overall my game is very stressful but a fun play with the right people. can't play it with people who don't feel like strategizing though! hated that poo poo.

My breadcrumb, which I'm fairly confident would have prevented me from ever getting lynched.

Podima posted:

Quidnose is my good friend and I stand by him.

Also this, heh.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

If that had actually worked, you would have straight up lost town the game.

I wish like hell I could say "it did" because what a cool lie that would be but no it did fail

I thought it would be announced so I could prove I had it I didn't expect two people to die so proving that I was what I said I was... idk

I am now only very sightly better at mafia. I only play these things in the first place because Anarc invites me and let's be real I'd do a lot of things to make Anarc smile even a little so.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Also high five quid. Love you buddy. Definitely more your win than mine.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. F! posted:

I win!!!!!!

BTW once again thanks for not threadshitting even with your role. I appreciated it.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

That kind of behavior outside of D1 can ruin a game and I needed to be lynched D2 to win. No need to mess up the game just to get the W, lol

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh ha so the 'flavor is important!!!' thing was mainly because of the scum's board games (Mafia and Betrayal, most notably). That makes sense.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

got some chores tonight posted:

everyone shoudl claim their flavours and then we vote out the scummiest game imo

got some chores tonight posted:

anarc only posts that cuz shes too lazy to come up w/ fakeclaims lol

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
ggs

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

sorry for killing you again I had to I was scum

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Podima posted:

This is why it wasn't in the flip I posted

quote:

You are Cthulu. Your kills cannot be stopped by any protection ability. If you are ever targeted by a town power role, you die, but unknown to that power role they have lost their ability completely (they will fail every night)

Btw chores that comment about fake claims was rude bc every scum in Banjo Kazooie had a fake claim. No one asked me for one this game

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is why it wasn't in the flip I posted

Oooh. False assumption on my part that since role PMs were being posted they were the full unedited role PMs. Well played! :eng99:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i think this would have been very very hard for a plain jane no frills sk to win, but i had fun. i was very annoyed i got lynched over tobbs.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Somberbrero posted:

i think this would have been very very hard for a plain jane no frills sk to win, but i had fun. i was very annoyed i got lynched over tobbs.

Tobbs is always a good lunch.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I just want to reiterate that there was no intention to ruin the game I was simply joking around in my normal fashion and I'm sorry to anyone that was upset with my actions especially anarc

If you doubt my words feel free to take a look at the doc and make your own opinion

Thanks again for the game good job town

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I did it! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
good job quidnose

• Locked thread