Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Infinitum posted:

Majority of players are also in Shine 3, so that's where most of my attention has been.

Holy gently caress, that's a big thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I wasnt meaning to call anyone out for lurking, just saying why I claimed as a means to get people posting.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i mostly feel like being a nice party boy instead of a serious fightboy. shine broke me.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

i mostly feel like being a nice party boy instead of a serious fightboy. shine broke me.

You'll always be a partyboy in my heart.

I miss your old sombrero avatar

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. F! posted:

You'll always be a partyboy in my heart.

I miss your old sombrero avatar

yeah i didn't buy this. it's not a turnip tho!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

yeah i didn't buy this. it's not a turnip tho!

Yeah that's true.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

imgay posted:

hey y'all moat here i googled this spergy boardgame

That's not how my voice sounds

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Infinitum posted:

So what you're saying is that scum should just kill you off at night so we don't have to deal with you.

Scum slip?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

this is a stickup posted:

Game moving real slow aside, that's an interesting role to claim when you weren't under any pressure. Why not claim d2 instead?

##unvote

This reads extremely fake. Happy with my vote.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Mr. F! posted:

I'm gonna full claim.

I'm a beloved jester.

On even days I win when I am lynched.

On odd days I lose when I am lynched and town loses an entire day phase.

Probably you should lynch me tomorrow

guys, I just woke up but there's nothing that proves that anything F is saying is true right now.
On even days/odd days, he might as well be lying and the truth is actually the reverse. We should just ignore him and pray for a vig.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Quidthulhu posted:

This reads extremely fake. Happy with my vote.

People were hyping you up as this excellent player in the Shine 3 thread, and this is your big contribution to day one in this thread? I make joke posts and you latch on to them. Mr F claims, I make a serious post and you latch on to it.

seems reasonable

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

On even days/odd days, he might as well be lying and the truth is actually the reverse. We should just ignore him and pray for a vig.

This was my first thought as well. Doing nothing to Mr F is the best choice.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Quid is in a bit of a slump rn sticky once he hits his stride he will go at you like a spider monkey

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Good call how about we vote imgay for true mafia wins

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

don't buy it quiddo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

omw to find the scum

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moatillata posted:

That's not how my voice sounds

hey y'all moat here just want to reaffirm i dont actually sound like this

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Quidthulhu posted:

Scum slip?

That's not how I'm reading it at all, y'all.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

This was my thinking. Ideally we catch scum before he becomes relevant. He seems like an anti-town role (his lynch can only hurt, not help town).

He's basically failed his wincon by giving up his role D1, unless he's lying.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Bad to claim flavour after you just full claimed your role :ironicat:

##vote Mr Fuckman

Scum vote. I think Quid's 'scumslip' catch is a stretch (as are most 'gotcha' scumslips frankly) but this is a real bad vote against someone who has explicitly claimed that their being lynched is anti-town. I'm fine to leave Mr. F!'s claim as it is for right now, there's no benefit to lynching him (esp on D1) with that claim and I don't see scum busting out a fake fullclaim like that on D1 unprompted.

Would also vote chores for similarly bad votes and a sketchy softclaim, and continue to be happy with my vote on stickup.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
As much as it rubs me the wrong way, I have to agree with Podima. I can't see Mr. F's claim as a scum gambit. It was an unnecessary distraction, sure, but a vote for Mr. F post-jokephase is decidedly scummy. Barring some evidence proving he's lying, the risk of losing an entire day phase is really bad.

##vote Infinitum

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

As much as it rubs me the wrong way, I have to agree with Podima. I can't see Mr. F's claim as a scum gambit. It was an unnecessary distraction, sure, but a vote for Mr. F post-jokephase is decidedly scummy. Barring some evidence proving he's lying, the risk of losing an entire day phase is really bad.

##vote Infinitum

Granted, Mr. F's claim seems below board, but I'm not ready to vote for Infinitum based on his/her vote.

Also, thank you to AnonymousNarcotics for updating the OP with full names and links to everyone's posts.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Podima posted:

Scum vote. I think Quid's 'scumslip' catch is a stretch (as are most 'gotcha' scumslips frankly) but this is a real bad vote against someone who has explicitly claimed that their being lynched is anti-town. I'm fine to leave Mr. F!'s claim as it is for right now, there's no benefit to lynching him (esp on D1) with that claim and I don't see scum busting out a fake fullclaim like that on D1 unprompted.

Would also vote chores for similarly bad votes and a sketchy softclaim, and continue to be happy with my vote on stickup.

youre a sketchy softclaim

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Sorry, was busy with my DnD night and then with halloween with the kids.

I'll give this a proper read over before I make any reads.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Granted, Mr. F's claim seems below board, but I'm not ready to vote for Infinitum based on his/her vote.

Also, thank you to AnonymousNarcotics for updating the OP with full names and links to everyone's posts.

Who do you think is most scummy right now?

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Podima posted:

Who do you think is most scummy right now?

Mr. F, but it's "most" out of some meh. I don't know why someone wanting to be lynched would a scum move, but it's just a weird thing to do on day 1.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
And Infinitum based on their vote. The levels of suspicion are just so low right now that they might as well be noise.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anaconda Rifle posted:

And Infinitum based on their vote. The levels of suspicion are just so low right now that they might as well be noise.

This is a fairly content-lite thread, largely due to Shine as others have mentioned. Also, people are hinting at having fairly neat abilities so they might be playing more cautiously in hopes of getting a chance to use them.

This may turn into a game of "night-action mafia" but we still have to do our best to judge everyone's play and pick the best lynch, given that the deadline is tonight.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This is a fairly content-lite thread, largely due to Shine as others have mentioned. Also, people are hinting at having fairly neat abilities so they might be playing more cautiously in hopes of getting a chance to use them.

This may turn into a game of "night-action mafia" but we still have to do our best to judge everyone's play and pick the best lynch, given that the deadline is tonight.

Unless anyone does something massively stupid, there probably won't be much more info today. I'll wait until this afternoon, re-read all posts, and then vote. I'm guessing a non-vote just doesn't contribute and whoever has the majority dies. What happens if there's a tie?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Unless anyone does something massively stupid, there probably won't be much more info today. I'll wait until this afternoon, re-read all posts, and then vote. I'm guessing a non-vote just doesn't contribute and whoever has the majority dies. What happens if there's a tie?

There are mods who use a plurality of votes to determine the lynch, but unless I'm mistaken we'll no-lynch unless we have enough votes for a majority in this game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
for lack of anything better I guess I'd go with moat and vote for imgay as it's highly unlikely imgay will contribute in any way

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

for lack of anything better I guess I'd go with moat and vote for imgay as it's highly unlikely imgay will contribute in any way

Assuming imgay is town, wouldn't just having a town body later on in the game be a contribution?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
having an extra town body is good, yes, but if that person doesn't participate (specifically, doesn't vote), in some cases the town literally could not lynch scum even if every participating member was voting

for example: 7 players alive + 4 to lynch, 4 town + 3 scum but 1 town mia and never voting

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Assuming imgay is town, wouldn't just having a town body later on in the game be a contribution?

You would think so...

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

having an extra town body is good, yes, but if that person doesn't participate (specifically, doesn't vote), in some cases the town literally could not lynch scum even if every participating member was voting

for example: 7 players alive + 4 to lynch, 4 town + 3 scum but 1 town mia and never voting

But does killing them early serve us in any way? Not lynching them at least leaves in the possibility of them helping later on.

This argument assumes that there's an equal chance town and scum would be a low participator.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Your point is noted, but this is actually a meta argument, not a mafia strategy argument. look at imgay's post history

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Your point is noted, but this is actually a meta argument, not a mafia strategy argument. look at imgay's post history

In this thread or all threads?

Also, I have got to stop for a while and do some homework. If you fuckers make me fall behind in class...

in a thread I voluntarily signed up for

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Town or scum, it's low participation across the board. It may not help as in "scum hunting", but it will eliminate any later doubts about imgay's alignment if we wind up in lylo with imgay alive.

unless you can come up with something better (I'm all ears, seriously), I'll probably vote imgay before going to bed. otherwise reference gotta go fast, where imgay's defining post was "killll meee"

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
all threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Town or scum, it's low participation across the board. It may not help as in "scum hunting", but it will eliminate any later doubts about imgay's alignment if we wind up in lylo with imgay alive.

unless you can come up with something better (I'm all ears, seriously), I'll probably vote imgay before going to bed. otherwise reference gotta go fast, where imgay's defining post was "killll meee"

I think I just read two months of imgay's posting history across 3 or 4 games.

• Locked thread