Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
posting to join a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Would have been fun! Keep me posted if you decide to re-run it. I'm usually pretty good about attention splitting, although Shine is gonna be a doozy with 33 players.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Consider this me staying signed up

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Yay board games!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Jesus talk about a rolling start

How's your weekend going chores?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

got some chores tonight posted:

im busy like a bee little toby

I am ill but I am going to do my best chores.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

cuz theres approx 0% chance we're not lynching krell or imgay d1 prolly whichever one is town (assuming scum will not just bus their teammate)

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

:siren: All Role PMs are Out! :siren:

Let the games begin! Please remember that FLAVOR IS IMPORTANT and you probably shouldn't reveal it.

Day 1 begins now!

I dunno chores I am pretty careless sometimes but when the mod tells me not to do a thing sometimes I consider not doing that thing.

As for Krell and imgay like 99% of the time imgay fakes a self day vig so if we're lynching one of the two it would probably be krell.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

i cant change my vote w/o making part of the island submerged and its too risky to do that until i can collect one of the treasure figurines

I do like your game, hard but fun

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Chores playing his town game :) dunno where he's getting his picks but he does like his gambits.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Podima posted:

dang, bad reaction to a single vote ##vote tobbs. overall my game is very stressful but a fun play with the right people. can't play it with people who don't feel like strategizing though! hated that poo poo.

Lol he didn't vote for me, and also he was the first poster. Role PM's went out and the game started pretty much immediately which means no N0 actions.

What's your game Podima?

That's a pun btw, not flavor fishing lol

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Vote imgay for great success

begins rubbing stickups elbow suggestively

Are stickups' elbows lucky?

starts rubbing stickups' other elbow

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
rolls a natural 20

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Can everyone announce who they are so I can keep track of weird names and avatars and things

I am Quidnose

No I'm Squidward.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mr. F! posted:

I'm gonna full claim.

I'm a beloved jester.

On even days I win when I am lynched.

On odd days I lose when I am lynched and town loses an entire day phase.

Probably you should lynch me tomorrow

There's no benefit to lunching you for town, just a downside if you get lunched on odd days right?

Weird set of claims, why should we believe you, and even if you're telling the truth, why should we waste a lynch?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

this is a stickup posted:

This was my first thought as well. Doing nothing to Mr F is the best choice.

This was my thinking. Ideally we catch scum before he becomes relevant. He seems like an anti-town role (his lynch can only hurt, not help town).

He's basically failed his wincon by giving up his role D1, unless he's lying.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
As much as it rubs me the wrong way, I have to agree with Podima. I can't see Mr. F's claim as a scum gambit. It was an unnecessary distraction, sure, but a vote for Mr. F post-jokephase is decidedly scummy. Barring some evidence proving he's lying, the risk of losing an entire day phase is really bad.

##vote Infinitum

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anaconda Rifle posted:

And Infinitum based on their vote. The levels of suspicion are just so low right now that they might as well be noise.

This is a fairly content-lite thread, largely due to Shine as others have mentioned. Also, people are hinting at having fairly neat abilities so they might be playing more cautiously in hopes of getting a chance to use them.

This may turn into a game of "night-action mafia" but we still have to do our best to judge everyone's play and pick the best lynch, given that the deadline is tonight.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Unless anyone does something massively stupid, there probably won't be much more info today. I'll wait until this afternoon, re-read all posts, and then vote. I'm guessing a non-vote just doesn't contribute and whoever has the majority dies. What happens if there's a tie?

There are mods who use a plurality of votes to determine the lynch, but unless I'm mistaken we'll no-lynch unless we have enough votes for a majority in this game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Town or scum, it's low participation across the board. It may not help as in "scum hunting", but it will eliminate any later doubts about imgay's alignment if we wind up in lylo with imgay alive.

unless you can come up with something better (I'm all ears, seriously), I'll probably vote imgay before going to bed. otherwise reference gotta go fast, where imgay's defining post was "killll meee"

I think I just read two months of imgay's posting history across 3 or 4 games.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Podima posted:

The people hiding behind D1 meta reads on imgay instead of engaging with the game are coming off as more scummy than anything to me right now, tbh. I agree that imgay is a frustratingly zero-content player, but this is an easy way for scum to LOOK like they're making game calls.

Anaconda Rifle, why do you think Mr. F! is most scummy out of the thread?

this is a stickup, who else would you vote besides imgay?

You're both being weirdly careful with your votes.

I did more reading of imgay in other threads, and he declares night action results and he votes. Yeah, he's not very verbose, but lynching someone because "He's generally not very engaged when he plays" doesn't seem like a very good reason.

If he's town, isn't there a chance he'll soak a night kill? I shouldn't ride people too hard for making meta cases because I fall into that trap myself, but I generally do it based on how people are playing, not the kind of player someone is.

I agree on some points, in that imgay is practically impossible to read because of his low-content posts, but is he our best D1 lynch?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

I would also vote tobbs rn he is being way too careful

good catch ;)

There's a reason for it, although I hope I don't have to give it up :(

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

I mean his post is like "hmmm who is this imgay fellow, let me read his game history" when he has played plenty of games with imgay as many as I have at least

I played one where I remember him posting, I think it was the game where rules were suspended.

He killed himself.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

pop quiz: what banjo kazooie character is cop

double pop quiz: what banjo kazooie character is scum

you probably got the first 1 wrong but you got the second one right as long as you picked the bad guy i dont know anything about banjo kazooie

I remember being a kid and wanting to play that game. Never got a chance to try it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

You have played with him in

The league 3
Molyneux Land
Slasher
Third party apocalypse
No holds barred
Back to basics

And that's all I'm willing to do on my phone rn. I'm sure there are more.

I've played with him in one game where I remember him posting is what I believe I said :)

Literally the only thing I ever remember him doing was killing himself in YPM's game. (he said yell imgay and he died)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a bad pair, especially since he was giving Infinitum a pass for voting for Mr. F out the gate. Anaconda is hardcore playing both sides of the argument to see which gains traction right now.

It's good to have you back Quid :)

I think stickup is Australian or something (was scum with him in pmush's game) so checking out is legit, but I'm not buying the imgay push/reasoning at all.

It's rough having suspicion of Australians with an evening deadline though, a lot of action might go down while they are legit asleep. I'll have to re-read these guys (not a lot of work) but keep that in mind and don't turbo.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Read stickup, has no read on any player but throws a vote on imgay not really caring about his alignment, but rather due to a meta read based on his play across games.

Like I said, he is Australian so we shouldn't turbo if others think it's a good case, but this is where my vote is going.

##vote stickup

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Tobbs

NOPE.

Lol, I really did miss playing with you Quid.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Notice how this post is a softcallout on Stickup but never addresses him by name and at the same time doesn't present an opinion at all on one side or the other of this issue. It seems like it is, but it isn't.

Even more strangely, it's also addressed to Podima, not stickup, but seems to be throwing shade at the poster of the quote, when Podima is actually calling out the imgay vote as being bad. It's a weird freaking post.

Then he is making a huge deal out of not turboing people as if that's something that's going to happen with him being the what, third vote on Stickup?

The entire thing is incredibly weird and definitely not town Tobbs.

Like you, I agree that Podima is at the very least playing a smart game. I find myself agreeing with him on some of the points he's making.

I decided to give stickup a chance to re-think his lovely, scummy case. And yeah, I was quoting Podima while referencing stickup's statements.

What did stickup do? Ignored the fact that imgay could be an active, voting participant and threw down his lovely vote regardless.

Podima gave stickup poo poo for "disappearing" and I felt that stickup being Australian was relevant despite me thinking he's scum. He should still get a chance to defend himself.

I find it odd that you couldn't tease that out Quid. This looks like your town game to me and you're usually pretty perceptive.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dude, I know you really, really like to believe that you're right once you have an idea. I get it.

But I don't want to lynch town. There are people like infinitum who recklessly cast lovely votes and you can say yeah, that was a scummy vote.

Stickup wasn't there yet. But, after people telling him why his idea was bad, he still wants imgay dead for all the wrong reasons. He's scum, Quid.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

if no one else has anything to say for now then I'll ##vote imgay

I'll check the thread again right before I sleep (probably) and when I wake up

Podima posted:

This is weak and scummy as hell. All this discussion and that's the most you can put out? ##vote this is a stickup

Sorry if this was a misinterpretation, you quoted the whole post.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh I definitely think he's still scum. I think you hosed up a light bus.

You're an odd duck, Quid.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ah, good point. Yeah, I still had the original reply in my head when I made that comment. Not fair to you given the subsequent statement, really.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Quidnose participating for once? What is the world coming to..

This is the Quid I remember :)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

I play all the time, you guys are dumb. I just had a great game as scum in Somber's last game.

I can be really hit or miss in big games because they move way too fast for me to do my rereads and I get pretty meh about re-engaging if I miss early game, which I frequently do.

Don't want to comment too much about ongoing games, but I was disappointed that I didn't get to see you post in Shine.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Also I am here to play this game now and I have never played my game or heard of it

Unironically this

##vote imgay

Moatillata posted:

Apparently elbows arent the key here, I'm at a loss on how to get this imgay vote going

Gonna try counterclockwise over the belly button

Moatillata posted:

Good call how about we vote imgay for true mafia wins

Moatillata posted:

I do not like this post

Also I think tobbs is scum

##vote tobbs

Sorry that your imgay bus ran out of gas Moat.

You've got Quid doing the work for you here so maybe this one will work out better?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Tobbs; sweet, sweet Tobbs.

D1 no reads. Imgay is a non factor in most games I play. I figure why not, push for his lynch without much else to go on either way town wins imo. Also it would be interesting to see how people react to it.

If people react scummy, I shall respond accordingly (I say to myself in secret words that only I can hear)

And here we are

Quid is seeing what I was seeing, I'm not sure if that's good or bad time will tell

Lol, so exact same argument for voting imgay as stickup, except you don't think stickup is scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

- Poor framing (stick-up has played one game with imgay, I have played many this makes a difference)

-Putting words in my mouth (I have never said stick-up isn't scum, I am leaning neutral on him rn)

-oversimplification

Hmmmm not gonna budge

Eh, I'm leaning scum on you, moat, for the same reason I'm voting stickup.

I thought you were joking with the imgay stuff but you're sticking with your cross-game meta reasons for wanting him lynched regardless of alignment.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
drat AR. Quoting jokephase and using words that other people use but in the entirely wrong context in order to jump on a bandwagon.

But hey, at least you're posting!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Podima posted:

Hey Tobbs, where did you get this:

From this:

Moatillata posted:

Tobbs; sweet, sweet Tobbs.

D1 no reads. Imgay is a non factor in most games I play. I figure why not, push for his lynch without much else to go on either way town wins imo. Also it would be interesting to see how people react to it.

If people react scummy, I shall respond accordingly (I say to myself in secret words that only I can hear)

And here we are

Quid is seeing what I was seeing, I'm not sure if that's good or bad time will tell

For the record, here's what Quid is seeing.

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh I definitely think he's still scum. I think you hosed up a light bus.

Moat skipped voting stickup and went straight to voting me. Yeah, I made a leap in logic in assuming the lack of vote translated to a lack of suspicion, (not to mention the fact that Moat was pushing imgay for lynch) but now we have:

Moatillata posted:

-Putting words in my mouth (I have never said stick-up isn't scum, I am leaning neutral on him rn)

What, exactly, is Moat's case? He says he's "seeing what Quid's seeing" and then contradicts himself by saying he's neutral on stickup.

What I'm seeing is Moat pushing a bus on imgay, stickup supporting Moat, and when stickup starts to feel some pressure and Quid builds a case on me, Moat jumps on it without really understanding what's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

I don't know what the hell we're even supposed to do day 1 apart from talk poo poo

ideally lynch someone bad

• Locked thread