Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Packers are more Good than the Chiefs and therefore I like the Packers better.

Friend,,,, I respect this and therefore respect You.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

v2vian man posted:

You really think he fell into an opponent's knees by accident, my god

I don't think he was trying to hurt Bennett

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gynecolojustice posted:

I had some really great beef empanadas at work today. Really feel like savory pastries filled with meat/veggies/cheeses are every culture's finest food

Empanadas are the truth! My father in law is 100% Cuban, so my mother in law would make this dish called Picadillo, which is basically a ground beef dish with tomatoes and green olives with some green pepper and lemon juice fricassee over rice and she would take some of the meat and stuff it into empanadas and omg it is the best thing ever!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gynecolojustice posted:

I had some really great beef empanadas at work today. Really feel like savory pastries filled with meat/veggies/cheeses are every culture's finest food

Sounds delicious.

The chef at my work took some smoked duck, balled it up, and lightly fried it. So good

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

weird Asian candy posted:

Empanadas are the truth! My father in law is 100% Cuban, so my mother in law would make this dish called Picadillo, which is basically a ground beef dish with tomatoes and green olives with some green pepper and lemon juice fricassee over rice and she would take some of the meat and stuff it into empanadas and omg it is the best thing ever!

Cuban food, and Caribbean food in general, is the best food on the planet

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This is the actual video btw

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/788029937122942976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He needs to keep his head up for sure but it seems way more like a bad football play than Football Hitler Strikes Again

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gynecolojustice posted:

The real reason for the embargo, keeping our restaurants in business

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

He needs to keep his head up for sure but it seems way more like a bad football play than Football Hitler Strikes Again

except for the part where he could have pulled up for a team tackle and instead blatantly loving dove for Bennett's knees.

not sure what you're trying to prove because that video reinforces the idea that instead of going for a regular tackle, Burfict chose to try and blow out a couple knees

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
This week in missed holding calls for the Raiders

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gynecolojustice posted:

:hfive:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Blitz7x posted:

This week in missed holding calls for the Raiders

I only see Kelce all by his lonesome blocking Khalil Mack out of the play :cheeky:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Turdsdown Tom posted:

except for the part where he could have pulled up for a team tackle and instead blatantly loving dove for Bennett's knees.

not sure what you're trying to prove because that video reinforces the idea that instead of going for a regular tackle, Burfict chose to try and blow out a couple knees

Yeah, and if he had gone for a regular tackle he probably would have seen that it was a pump fake and not taken himself out of the play

Burfict is a dumbshit

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers will win this weekend

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

After he annihilated AB during the playoff game last year he then went over and tried to check on him and apologize, which is what started the fighting between the two teams.

Either Burfict is so loving stupid that he doesn't understand how not to injure people, and so he shouldn't be playing, or he tries to injure people and then fakes contrition, and he shouldn't be playing. Either way it's obvious that he can't stop doing lovely things and his motivation for it doesn't really matter.

(He's a giant piece of poo poo though, for real)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I don't even know what 'pull up for a team tackle' really even means beyond I guess gently snuggling Bennett until enough people show up to help. It wasn't an illegal hit and not even that rare of a tackle on a midfield curl route. The difference is his name and the resulting amount of clicks Florio can soak up from idiots by playing the video at bullet time speed.

Like Burfict is absolutely a dirty player, just like a handful of other dudes in the league. His most egregious poo poo isn't even talked about, like him obviously trying to concuss the backup Ravens TE last year. But is weird to me that he has some special status where every time he hits a dude hard he is intentionally trying to break Bennetts knees or Bell's knees or Brown's head and that the league reacts to it because it has no coherent discipline policy beyond what is trending on Twitter.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

I don't even know what 'pull up for a team tackle' really even means beyond I guess gently snuggling Bennett until enough people show up to help.

So you've never watched an NFL game before. Cool, glad to know I can stop replying to your posts

Gang tackle, team tackle, it's all the same thing

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

fsif posted:

DANGER

DANGER

SPONSOR RELATIONSHIP JEOPARDIZED

https://twitter.com/ZackCoxNESN/status/788411998006603776

Lots about headsets and comms here too. It sounds like the dude just really hates all the tech the team uses.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

github playoff predictor updated with week 6 results:
http://nflplayoffpredictor.com/?L=EwRjpZSnLtJQeOTm3o8aAM0Ig6oQGEKmQ5XU2130ONPMutvseftA

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Turdsdown Tom posted:

So you've never watched an NFL game before. Cool, glad to know I can stop replying to your posts

Haha ok dude. Don't forget to use the hashtag #undisputed and join in the conversation online.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Ehud posted:

Injury report: I'm pretty sure I have plantar fasciitis. Going to the doctor tomorrow :smith:

Weirdly I found out I have it just yesterday too. After 24 hours of stretching it already feels a ton better, so hopefully you have similar luck. Towel stretches and the calf stretch where you put your toes up on the wall is all that it has taken for me so far

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/788435719031132161

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cardinals are 1-1 in their division

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Knile Davis is more than capable of putting up one insane performance with limited knowledge of the playbook before shrinking back into a corncob whose only active to return kick offs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

hifi posted:

the cardinals are 1-1 in their division

http://nflplayoffpredictor.com/?L=EwRjpZSnLtJQeOTm3o8aAM0Ig6oQGamQ6VXU2130ONPMutvsdtA

this is actually the correct URL because I forgot to put in the Chiefs win for this week.

I played around with it earlier and had the Chiefs and the Vikings in the Superbowl, so you can rest assured neither one of them will make it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Weirdly I found out I have it just yesterday too. After 24 hours of stretching it already feels a ton better, so hopefully you have similar luck. Towel stretches and the calf stretch where you put your toes up on the wall is all that it has taken for me so far

I just got over a mild case of it too! :iiam:

Do shitloads of the recommended stretches, it really does help.

Or the drugs they give you, whatever. :v:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

If you can't see Eddie Lacy then it must be something serious!!!

Try the veal folks.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I don't even know what 'pull up for a team tackle' really even means beyond I guess gently snuggling Bennett until enough people show up to help. It wasn't an illegal hit and not even that rare of a tackle on a midfield curl route. The difference is his name and the resulting amount of clicks Florio can soak up from idiots by playing the video at bullet time speed.

Like Burfict is absolutely a dirty player, just like a handful of other dudes in the league. His most egregious poo poo isn't even talked about, like him obviously trying to concuss the backup Ravens TE last year. But is weird to me that he has some special status where every time he hits a dude hard he is intentionally trying to break Bennetts knees or Bell's knees or Brown's head and that the league reacts to it because it has no coherent discipline policy beyond what is trending on Twitter.

The fact that you can name 3 hits off the top of your head that pretty much everyone agrees is dirty is pretty telling.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

I thought the Packers had a chance of going like 11-5 this season with the improved defense and assuming they'd take at least a small step forward on offense compared to last year.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Regarding other thread discussion of Teddy/Bradford...

It's less that Teddy would have cheerleaders in the front office than his knee being 50/50 to ever get back to a place where he can even be as effective as Bradford has shown to be in this offense.

The Vikes spend a lot to get Bradford and their window is now open. I don't see them stopping that momentum to force an injury rehab back into the starting lineup.

It's really going to come down to how Teddy's rehab goes. The timetable for recovery was 12 months, which would mean no OTAs or training camp in 2017. He'd have to show tremendous progress for the Vikings to move on from Bradford short of Bradford turning into a pumpkin/pile of dust.

As of right now, it looks like Bradford is going to supplant Teddy as the franchise QB, which seems utterly insane to imagine. The wildcard in that is Zimmer's love for Bridgewater. He is insanely loyal to his players and has talked about Teddy like a son so it's hard to picture Zimmer moving on from Teddy. But there's a still al ot of football to happen before any decision would be made. I'm more concerned about the Vikings offense regressing to accommodate AP should he come back for the playoffs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gynecolojustice posted:

that sounds p good man

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Burfict rules

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
This guy Burfict, this is not my kind of guy

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

fsif posted:

DANGER

DANGER

SPONSOR RELATIONSHIP JEOPARDIZED

https://twitter.com/ZackCoxNESN/status/788411998006603776

I love the ending "long answer to a short question. Sorry." like every single reporter is lusting after this kind of answer.

Oh and if I were Microsoft I would now do everything humanly possible to get Bill to endorse my product.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gynecolojustice posted:

This guy Burfict, this is not my kind of guy

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I love when Belichick goes on those crazy-long tangents after stonewalling for 99% of a press conference. :allears:

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks are most likely going to injure carson palmer , or he will throw several picks or both. It will be an ugly game

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks Didnt have any penalty on offense vs the falcons

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Burfict ain't perfect

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Nah, he's right. First guy to a runner should never be thinking gang tackle.

He should also not be thinking about not hurting someone. He should be thinking of putting the other guy on the ground by the rules and that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CowboyKid posted:

Nah, he's right. First guy to a runner should never be thinking gang tackle.

He should also not be thinking about not hurting someone. He should be thinking of putting the other guy on the ground by the rules and that's it.

Except he wasn't the first guy and Bennett was not a runner yet.

It's a loving dirty hit from one of the biggest assholes in the league and I have no idea why people keep defending it because no ignore those other times he outright tried to cripple somebody, this time he really didn't mean it!

E: Really this is such a weird hill to decide to die on.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 18, 2016

• Locked thread