Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

Lacy's in his contract year. Given the inconsistency/fatness, and the injuries, I wonder if Ted will resign him this offseason...

Quaaaaid... free Lacey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dominique Foxworth watched the Texans and doesn't think Osweiler is the problem: http://theundefeated.com/features/you-cant-blame-osweiler-for-houstons-problems/

quote:

Coach Bill O’Brien, who is thought to be an offensive guru, has been failing his well-compensated quarterback. Two weeks ago, in a conversation on Mike & Mike about the viability of Chip Kelly’s system, I drew a distinction between Kelly’s system and Kelly the coach. Kelly’s system was great, but Kelly the coach has not shown the ability to adapt as opponents figure out how to stop his key concepts.

O’Brien is displaying the same tactical rigidity, but avoiding the criticism.

All NFL offenses script their first 15 plays. Of course you want to score, but the first 15 should be a recon mission. Run a variety of shifts, formations, and alignments for Hopkins. And track the defensive adjustments. Then you can dictate to the defense the coverages you want. For example: on the first third down, line up in a three-receiver spread formation, but align the tight end outside of the receiver. If a linebacker follows him outside and the safeties stay in a two-deep shell, you know they are in 2-man. Then shift the tight end back to his traditional alignment and all three receivers to a bunch formation on the other side. The defense will either stay in 2-man, in which case you can torment them with picks and rub routes from the bunch, or they will check the coverage to a cover 2 zone, then you can run three-receiver flood concepts at the safety and cornerback.

Smart defenses have answers for these, like Hi-lows, Cones, and Boxes, but there are route combinations that’ll beat those too. This is why people say that football is like chess.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I don't know enough to comment on the Texans offensive gameplanning, but you would think some of Osweilers god awful throws over the last several weeks contributed to how bad the offense has been.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Players of the week:

AFC
O - Jay Ajayi, RB Dolphins
D - Dont'a Hightower, LB Patriots
S - Drew Kaser, Chargers

NFC
O - Odell Beckham Jr, WR Giants
D - David Irving, DT Cowboys
S - Wil Lutz, K Saints

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Players of the week:

AFC
O - Jay Ajayi, RB Dolphins
D - Dont'a Hightower, LB Patriots
S - Drew Kaser, Chargers

NFC
O - Odell Beckham Jr, WR Giants
D - David Irving, DT Cowboys
S - Wil Lutz, K Saints

I've been waiting for Richard Sherman CB Seahawks to be DPotW. I was going to melt down so hard.

Thank you for being good at football, David Irving. My family thanks you.

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/alexwATL/status/788735057561280512

This is a thread about flags, right?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

For some reason when I click play on that it says "media can't be played"

e: well nevermind, for some reason its working now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

He's trying to punch the ball out, it just look awkward because of how Devonta fell down.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, that's a Peanut punch gone wrong because Freeman decided to just stop for whatever reason.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Kalli posted:

Dominique Foxworth watched the Texans and doesn't think Osweiler is the problem: http://theundefeated.com/features/you-cant-blame-osweiler-for-houstons-problems/

Seems legit, the Patriots are 0-2 in the Super Bowl with O'Brien, but 4-0 without him in the Tom Brady era.

But that could also be because of Wes Welker, who is 0-3 in Super Bowls with Brady/Manning, who are a combined 6-0 in Super Bowls without Welker.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 19, 2016

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
I'm still annoyed by the loss don't ruin it for me

He stopped because he was trying to stay in bounds and keep the clock going.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Meanwhile, the Lions lead the league in drops, lost Megatron to retirement, lost their starting running back to IR, lost their other two running backs to injury, have given up 15 sacks and are playing Clay Harbor, Khari Lee and Cole Wick at tight end.

Despite all this, Matthew Stafford is on pace for his most efficient season ever and is third in the league in passer rating. :smug:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Who are the QBs ahead of him in passer rating? I assume not in the NFC North :smuggo:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AkronJackson/status/788749415867621376

No fine for the hit on Bennett

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
of course

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The fine for the stomp thing is super weird. Either he stomped on the dude and should be suspended like players in the past or he didn't step on him and shouldn't be fined at all. I don't think NFL knows either way but still feels obligated to do something so we get another weird half-way measure.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

WHOOPS posted:

Yeah, that's a Peanut punch gone wrong because Freeman decided to just stop for whatever reason.

He went down because he didn't want to go out of bounds to stop the clock. But the Seattle refs being as great as they are, stopped the clock anyway.

And yeah, I don't think it was his intent to punch at Devonta's head that would just be dumb. He was going for the ball.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I hate the Falcons and everything but, yesssssss...

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/788749058537992192

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The fine for the stomp thing is super weird. Either he stomped on the dude and should be suspended like players in the past or he didn't step on him and shouldn't be fined at all. I don't think NFL knows either way but still feels obligated to do something so we get another weird half-way measure.

hmmmmm its almost as if he did nothing wrong but is getting fined for Being 55 *spams the thinking emoji for two pages and if you scroll down past that there's the entirety of the gap.zip photoset inline*

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

He went down because he didn't want to go out of bounds to stop the clock. But the Seattle refs being as great as they are, stopped the clock anyway.

And yeah, I don't think it was his intent to punch at Devonta's head that would just be dumb. He was going for the ball.

This was called out of bounds at the end of bucs panthers

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

UNLEASH

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/788755251067105281

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

WHOOPS posted:

Who are the QBs ahead of him in passer rating? I assume not in the NFC North :smuggo:

The coward who cut and ran back to Oklahoma to avoid getting drafted by the Lions? His foot will slide in due time. :smuggo:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I know he has a pattern of doing this in his career but I never expected Ryan Fitzpatrick to fall off a cliff so hard

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WHOOPS posted:

Yeah, that's a Peanut punch gone wrong because Freeman decided to just stop for whatever Earl Thomas reasons.

ftfy

also;

News:

Views:

SQUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

oh great

somehow he always turns into Super Geno when he plays us

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WHOOPS posted:

I'm going to guess Matt Ryan and Drew Brees.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

you can't tell that burfict stomped on blount and this is just another example if the nfl enacting half assed measures when they can't tell what happens on the field. subjectivity is killing football and also please tell me what is in hillarys emails

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

this is why i was glad fitz was only given a guaranteed year

but hey, all jet qb's are disasters

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I guess romo is all but guaranteed to be a jet next year right?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

This was called out of bounds at the end of bucs panthers

Terrible...

Chilichimp posted:

ftfy

also;

News:

Views:

SQUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AHHHHHHHHHHH it's real?! There were rumors they were going black on black on the boards. :getin:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think Jim Irsay is dying or something. He is only 57.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

oh great

somehow he always turns into Super Geno when he plays us

I'm personally happy for the switch because I didn't like rooting against Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I think the Jets' hands were tied and they still made the best decision they could w/r/t Fitz. That said, I think this has to be the final chapter of the Great Fitzpatrick Swindle, right?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

We're one step closer to the Christian Hackenberg Era

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I mean, we know exactly what's going on, right?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/788751699284414464

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

wandler20 posted:

I hate the Falcons and everything but, yesssssss...

Am I the only one that noticed all those players in that video were black dudes? Buncha racists!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

I mean, we know exactly what's going on, right?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS of Drugs.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Chilichimp posted:

I've been waiting for Richard Sherman CB Seahawks to be DPotW. I was going to melt down so hard.

Thank you for being good at football, David Irving. My family thanks you.

But Sherman had a bad game? Like, maybe his worst as a Seahawk. Or did I just get whooshed?

Earl Thomas I would get, he balled out. Will be very happy if he's back to being his totally insane self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

you can't tell that burfict stomped on blount and this is just another example if the nfl enacting half assed measures when they can't tell what happens on the field. subjectivity is killing football and also please tell me what is in hillarys emails

When did all Bengals posters simultaneously become this gimmick? Was there a conference call?

• Locked thread