Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Don't drop Matt Forte. Otherwise, I'll laugh at you.

quote:

:vince: posted:
1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so. Are they putting up a lot of points? Yes? They're studs.
2) Note your scoring settings. Is it PPR? Non-PPR? How many teams? Are there any wacky settings like counting return yards? Be brief but just specific enough for us to get the gist.
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

Teams on bye: Carolina, Dallas

Also this thread title is a shout-out to my TFF Dolphin bros cuz they are some cool posters.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I have no idea here...

0PPR

D.Murray vs IND
Charles vs NO
T.Coleman vs SD
(flex)
S.Ware vs NO

Cooks @KC
BMarsh vs BAL

Hopkins @ DEN :psyduck:

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 18, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Chernabog posted:

I have no idea here...

0PPR

D.Murray vs IND
Charles vs NO
T.Coleman vs SD
(flex)
S.Ware vs NO

Cooks @KC
BMarsh vs BAL

I think Reid is going to take it easy with Charles for another week. He said something to that effect yesterday. I'd probably go Murray, Coleman, Ware, Cooks, and BMarsh.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Chernabog posted:

I have no idea here...

0PPR

D.Murray vs IND
Charles vs NO
T.Coleman vs SD
(flex)
S.Ware vs NO

Cooks @KC
BMarsh vs BAL

I think the only question mark there is Charles or Ware, and who even loving knows there?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, the ware/charles debate is the biggest concern.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I have both QBs for the Thursday night game. One has been surprisingly good, the other has been surprisingly bad. Both face bad-to-mediocre defenses. And it's Thursday.

Aaron Rodgers vs CHI
Brian Hoyer @ GB

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

I have both QBs for the Thursday night game. One has been surprisingly good, the other has been surprisingly bad. Both face bad-to-mediocre defenses. And it's Thursday.

Aaron Rodgers vs CHI
Brian Hoyer @ GB

Rodgers

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Vargo posted:

Aaron Rodgers vs CHI
Brian Hoyer @ GB

Jaysus Christ. Of course it's Rodgers. He's going to light that terrible defense up.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Allright, I just needed other voices to pound the idea out of my head.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
Which QB to start (standard league, 0PPR):

Andrew Luck @ Tennessee

Derek Carr @ Jax

So this is my first year doing fantasy. Tennessee seems to have a respectable defense and I already own TY and Gore. If I started Luck, is that too many eggs in one basket?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Nadir posted:

Which QB to start (standard league, 0PPR):

Andrew Luck @ Tennessee

Derek Carr @ Jax

So this is my first year doing fantasy. Tennessee seems to have a respectable defense and I already own TY and Gore. If I started Luck, is that too many eggs in one basket?

Respectable run d and better than expected pass in Tennessee. Still not much to worry about though.

You could honestly flip a coin on these but I'm partial to Carr. Jacksonville is an all around trash fire.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I'm trotting out both Ware and Charles where I've got em.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Should I drop Rivers for Cousins?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Should I drop Rivers for Cousins?

No

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Vargo posted:

Aaron Rodgers vs CHI
Brian Hoyer @ GB

GB's secondary may be awful, but that front seven is going to wreck Hoyer. And Rodgers will be throwing a ton, given that we have massive question marks at RB.

RAR!
Oct 21, 2005
rabble babble
0.5 ppr. Bolded are my picks.

pick 2 - Jordan's had a good start but struggled last game and now he's got a tough match up. Leaning Crowell and Spencer for better match ups?
Isaiah Crowell @ cin
Spencer Ware vs NO

Jordan Howard @gb

pick 1 - Julius has been a let down so far. Should I ditch him? SF seems they can give up big points to TE's.
Cameron Brate @ SF
Julius Thomas vs OAK

pick 1 - Eli has been hurting me the first 5 weeks. Then I picked/started smith last week and that burned me. Should I get back on the OBJ hype train?
Eli Manning @ LA
Alex Smith vs NO

If my reasonings seem bad, it's because I've been bad.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Need 2 WRs. Nfl.com standard rules, no ppr.

T. Pryor @CIN
C.Meridith @GB (thu)

T. Benjamin @ATL
S. Diggs @PHI

Not sure if Diggs is even playing, and Pryor is dealing with a hamstring issue.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.75 ppr for RBs, .5 for WR
Need 1 RB, and 1 Flex

Matt Jones @DET
Spencer Ware v NO
Lamar Miller @Den
Demaryius Thomas v Hou
BMarsh vs Bal
Cameron Meredith @GB

Currently leaning Matt Jones, but Ware has a tasty matchup. DSYS and all for Lamar, but Denver's Defense is scary. For the Flex I am not really sure, Ware (if I play Matt Jones) sounds good, Cameron Meredith seems pretty hot right now, but then two of my best WRs would be missing out and they have decent matchups (but bad qbs throwing to them).

Quiet Feet posted:

Need 2 WRs. Nfl.com standard rules, no ppr.

T. Pryor @CIN
C.Meridith @GB (thu)

T. Benjamin @ATL
S. Diggs @PHI

Not sure if Diggs is even playing, and Pryor is dealing with a hamstring issue.

Stick with what ya got for now. Consider Diggs over Pryor if Diggs gets a full practice in (preferably today and tomorrow)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
For Cam's bye week, pick a steaming QB (std non-PPR):

Tyrod Taylor @ Mia
Alex Smith v NO
Joe Flacco @ NYJ

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Full PPR, plus return yards. Need to fill 2RB, 2WR, 2 Flex from:

David Johnson vs. SEA
Gionvani Bernard vs. CLE
James White @ PIT

Jordy Nelson vs CHI
Marvin Jones vs WSH
Larry Fitzgerald vs SEA
Julian Edelman @ PIT
Jamison Crowder @ DET

Who sits?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm loving dying here. 3-3 and I need a win. 1PPR, bonus at 120yards

Trying to fill these spots: WR WR WR/TE (no TE spot)

ARob vOAK
M. Jones vWAS
J. Graham @ARI

C. Meredith @GB (thursday)
M. Wallace @NYJ (no flacco?)
J. Matthews vMIN (i hate you)
Q. Enunwa vBAL (no loving clue)

Playing this russian roulette every week is a goddamn nightmare. Marvin has not been great the last 3 weeks, Meredith seems legit but Thursday, gently caress Jordan Matthews, ARob has been meh but OAK can score and that game could be a shootout.

Bolded is the current starting 3.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

For Cam's bye week, pick a steaming QB (std non-PPR):

Tyrod Taylor @ Mia
Alex Smith v NO
Joe Flacco @ NYJ

I really like Alex Smith this week. I feel like he's going to get the ball to Kelce and Maclin more and there should be screens to Ware and Charles.

But with the injuries to Miami's defense, you have a good option in Tyrod too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm loving dying here. 3-3 and I need a win. 1PPR, bonus at 120yards

Trying to fill these spots: WR WR WR/TE (no TE spot)

ARob vOAK
M. Jones vWAS
J. Graham @ARI

C. Meredith @GB (thursday)
M. Wallace @NYJ (no flacco?)
J. Matthews vMIN (i hate you)
Q. Enunwa vBAL (no loving clue)

Playing this russian roulette every week is a goddamn nightmare. Marvin has not been great the last 3 weeks, Meredith seems legit but Thursday, gently caress Jordan Matthews, ARob has been meh but OAK can score and that game could be a shootout.

Bolded is the current starting 3.

I think you could make a case for Meredith over Graham, but you probably shouldn't listen to me.

pubic works project posted:

I really like Alex Smith this week. I feel like he's going to get the ball to Kelce and Maclin more and there should be screens to Ware and Charles.

But with the injuries to Miami's defense, you have a good option in Tyrod too.

Yeah, I figure Tyrod is kind of a floor play and Smith would be a ceiling play. I'll keep an eye on it, I guess.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Veritek83 posted:

Full PPR, plus return yards. Need to fill 2RB, 2WR, 2 Flex from:

David Johnson vs. SEA
Gionvani Bernard vs. CLE
James White @ PIT

Jordy Nelson vs CHI
Marvin Jones vs WSH
Larry Fitzgerald vs SEA
Julian Edelman @ PIT
Jamison Crowder @ DET

Who sits?

Shiiiiiit. This is tough. Probably Crowder and White.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
.5PPR Need to pick two of:

Crowder @ Det
Pryor @ Cin
Will Fuller @ Den
Jordan Matthews v Min

Leaning Crowder and Pryor (if he plays). Don't like the matchups for Fuller or Matthews. There's also Enunwa and Kenny Britt available as FAs, I'd have to drop one them though (or Lacy if he gets put on IR).

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Inspector_666 posted:

I think you could make a case for Meredith over Graham, but you probably shouldn't listen to me.

Hell, you can make that case for Meredith over Jones right now.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I have the problem where some of my starters have bad matchup and my bench players have good ones.

Full PPR, would you sub in any bench players?

WR - Jordy Nelson v CHI
WR - Jarvis Landry v BUF
RB - LeVeon Bell v NE
RB - Christine Michael @ARI
WRT - Marvin Jones v WAS

BN - Jerick McKinnon @PHI
BN - Terrance West @NYJ
BN - Spencer Ware v NO
BN - Cameron Meredith @GB
BN - Willie Snead @KC

Currently thinking of starting Spencer Ware over CMike due to Ware playing the Saints no defense team, also slightly thinking about maybe firing up Meredith over Jones facing Norman?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Sup fellow Jones/Meredith agonizer buddy :smith:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

You guys are making me want to add Marvin Jones to my sit/start request above.....

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

Jones is gonna see Norman, Meredith plays on a Thursday.

What do we do buddy

edit: I'm probably leaning Meredith just because it's a full PPR league, but man.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

.75 ppr for RBs, .5 for WR
Need 1 RB, and 1 now 2 Flex

Matt Jones @DET
Spencer Ware v NO
Lamar Miller @Den
Demaryius Thomas v Hou
BMarsh vs Bal
Cameron Meredith @GB

Updating this to include Marvin Jones vsWAS since ya'll scaring the gently caress out of me. Which means we are also all useless to each other since we are now debating the same start/sit suggestion lol.

VietCampo posted:

edit: I'm probably leaning Meredith just because it's a full PPR league, but man.

It seemed so easy last week, and now this week is just a fog.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hello fellow Big Ben owners. Life sucks.

Soooo

Mariota or Winston? Yes I picked them both up.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

Hello fellow Big Ben owners. Life sucks.

Soooo

Mariota or Winston? Yes I picked them both up.

Leaning Winston just because the niners are worse than the colts.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

VietCampo posted:

Jones is gonna see Norman, Meredith plays on a Thursday.

What do we do buddy

I have no loving clue and that's the exact argument I'm having in my head.

GB is missing their top 3 CBs. Even for a thursday I think it might be high scoring, Hoyer loves throwing the Meredith, but Alshon could blow up too. GB can stop the run so its goin gto be pass happy. Jones has been meh the last few weeks and will see Norman.

I want to die.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Need an RB2 and a Flex in 0 PPR 12-team ESPN standard. Bold is who I'm starting right now.

RB:
Chris Ivory v. OAK
Bilal Powell vs. BAL
Matt Asiata @ PHL

FLEX:
The above RBs, plus
Tyrell Williams @ ATL
Sterling Shepard @ LA (@ London)
Anquan Boldin vs. WSH

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Vargo posted:

Need an RB2 and a Flex in 0 PPR 12-team ESPN standard. Bold is who I'm starting right now.

RB:
Chris Ivory v. OAK
Bilal Powell vs. BAL
Matt Asiata @ PHL

FLEX:
The above RBs, plus
Tyrell Williams @ ATL
Sterling Shepard @ LA (@ London)
Anquan Boldin vs. WSH
Hmmmm. Powell and Williams are probably who I'd use.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

I have no loving clue and that's the exact argument I'm having in my head.

GB is missing their top 3 CBs. Even for a thursday I think it might be high scoring, Hoyer loves throwing the Meredith, but Alshon could blow up too. GB can stop the run so its goin gto be pass happy. Jones has been meh the last few weeks and will see Norman.

I want to die.

I say we all play Cameron Meredith. And during the game we will all drink every time a Bears pass play doesn't go his way.

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
I need 1 flex, 1PPR

Matt Jones
DJax
Frank Gore
Mike Gillislee (if shady is out)

Also wondering if I should sit Demaryius for DJax, in which case I'd still need a flex

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

WaveLength posted:

I need 1 flex, 1PPR

Matt Jones
DJax
Frank Gore
Mike Gillislee (if shady is out)

Also wondering if I should sit Demaryius for DJax, in which case I'd still need a flex

Matt Jones and no, don't sit Demaryius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
If Shady is out this week do I start:

1) Ware/Ajayi/Charles
2) Ware/Ajayi/Gillislee
3) Ware/Charles/Gillislee

I am guessing Ware/Ajayi/Gillislee based on workload but its so weird to be benching Charles. Cant he be productive with a workload similar to last week?

• Locked thread