Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
vanilla town here we come!

In case it's not clear this is a signup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Only if you can actually deliver the "Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow" monologue well.

If we are not on the same team this game then I call cosmic shenanigans.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot9000 posted:

Im in podima

do I have to call tommunist dongsbot because that will feel very weird to me

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mayor Glowku posted:

What's your other half. I'm uguu, half elf half halfling bard

I do NOT want to know what a half-elf/half-zergling looks like, nor do I want to hear the story of how it was conceived...:nyoron:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I am Torgl Barp, the animated mummified remains of a half-goblin, eighth-demon, quarter elf, eighth-werespider commoner.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

got some chores tonight posted:

can we just decide rn who we're gonna try to lynch d1 despite the fact theres a 0% chance we lynch some1

i nominate kashuno

I'm sorry for lynching you in Pmush's game chores I had to I was bad

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

lol i bet the game that kashuno was scum its nbd

You totally pegged me and this is a stickup, but all we needed was two town votes and we got them so it was game over.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Pretty sure this is Pod's version of VT.

VT streak unbroken yessssss

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Time to go dig up a case of booze, sit back, and enjoy a shine game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

How do hyperchargers work again?

Let me ask Podima if it's OK to send you part of my role PM.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Dunno.

Good to see you're finally town :)

(Hyper-meta read)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Adahn, my sister is visiting, so I'll be busy this weekend. Please begin casing me, as is tradition.

I only case you when I think you're scum, I've got a town read on you this game! Chill and have a drink!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

##vote Tobbs Gnawed clearly making awkward town jokes in an effort to fit in imo

##vote TQ clearly sober during joke phase of a shine game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Moat's in this game???

Hey man!!!!

##vote Moat it rhymes

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

*Runs up breath stinking of scotch and rum*

Tobbbbbsss it's been so long

*Uncomfortably long hug ensues*

I'm sure you're tree man, the rhyming thing is just a joke!

*Hugs until he starts to sweat*

##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

I know it but it's such a goddamn strong case

I should change my name to "Umboe"

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

The problem is the taste makes me want to die.

The solution is to keep taking shots until you stop caring.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
There are two kinds of Jimson in this world.

A droll, quiet Jimson who doesn't have two fucks to rub together.

And an excited, playful Jimson with 1/3 more posts than the next person in the game.

I ask you, friends, neighbors, citizens of New Orleans, do we trust this jolly, bearded Jimson?

Or do we throw him to the dogs.

##vote Jimson for a quieter, less sweaty and hairy tomorrow.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

##vote tobbs

Posts are funny and not awkward. Must be his scum game. Also, somehow my single "Dunno" post clears me?

Scum Max is downright sinister. Clearheaded and logical, he soars above the plains before diving at speeds of over 150mph to snatch innocent little bunny rabbits from the flowered fields. He does not open with "Dunno".

For reals though Jimmers is scum again and he IS probably genuinely super excited about it.

##vote Jimson for a better tomorrow

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Says Jimson is scum

Has an avatar saying Jimson is the best

Makes you think

issokay finny you got your D1 vote in and your scumbro will be around for a long long time

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

I'm actually super OK with a Jimscum lynch, cause he got me killed in Go Fast Mafia by doing his usual idiotic play.

Do agree that chatty Jimscum = scum

Also voting him already

Was like 80% joking but then he fell off the face of the earth after I pointed it out now I'm 50% joking.

Ha ha ha...

It's ok Jimson you can post we love you!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

In true shine fashion I passed out on my living room floor last night. Brb gonna drink 3 gallons of coconut water

electrolytes, moat!

drink some gatorade, the more fluorescent, the better

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
First off, that "scumslip" is bullshit.

Nobody "accidentally" mentions that they're part of an active scumdoc in the game they are currently playing.

If you believe that, and voted Jimson for THAT sole reason, may the bright flaming eye of Justice, Go'Tse, fall upon you.

Secondly, my vote on Jimson was 50% meta and 50% joke. The heightened excitement and activity of the Jimson could be attributed to interest in playing its role, which it claims to have breadcrumbed. As it bounces off the tables (hopefully not breaking them) in its exuberance, it looks suspiciously like a Scumson, because Townson usually quietly wastes away in a dark corner somewhere, pleadingly gazing at other patrons while stretching out its neck for hewing.

##unvote

I was initially concerned that chores might be scum, as he has failed to bountifully provide us with meaningless excrement, and while I share his temerity in aligning myself with Infinitum, the case against zimbomonkey is sound. When I am scum (whoa boy look at that loving scumslip guys) I vote and case people in a manner that lacks depth. In a game of 33 players, scum should be able to get away with such folly. Zimbo's mistake was to do so repeatedly.

It's good play for the scum, you see. Voting gives you a badge of participation, and it keeps the numbers high enough such that when the deadline comes near, momentum will toss one of our compatriots into the abyss. But if you want second place, or first, the vote must come with rationale, a reason, and zimbo has failed us in that regard. He doesn't deserve second place, or 1st.

He deserves 33rd.

##vote zimbo, and let Justice shine on us all!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

This is the single worst post in the game and advocates a chain lynch.

Also, town points to Kashuno for pointing out that voting Jimson for the "scumslip" regardless of Jimson's (or even Kashuno's alignment) is scummy as hell.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

I'm not feeling zimbo quite yet iirc he's pretty new? If that's the case and he's in a very large game I can understand his posts. Don't really like infs big post up above there.have been agreeing with Fisk which is very rare. I need to reread BK sometime today because his posting screams scum to me but I can't put a finger on why

I don't know Jimson or glowku's alignment, but izzhov is advocating a scenario that "guarantees" a lynch of glowku if jimson is town.

Unless glowku had a N0 cop (which was not claimed) glowku does not know Jimson's alignment.

IF glowku had a N0 cop, THEN glowku would have claimed it, because he would have no reason not to.

THEREFORE izzhov is advocating a blind lynch of one party based on a blind lynch of another party and saying it is the best case scenario.

If Izzhof CANNOT know that it's the best case scenario for town, Izzhov MUST know that BOTH Jimson and Glowku are not of Izzhov's alignment.

THEREFORE, izzhov is SCUM.

##vote izzhov

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

DickBastardly posted:

Tobbs, first you get all "may the hammer of justice gently caress you in the arse" over voting Jim for, at the time, a REALLY suss potential scum-slip WHICH YOU ALSO VOTED IN. Now your giving Kash points on something that Kash didn't say which is that the vote for Jim was scummy, when what he clearly was stating was that voting a player based on the chance that the flip could be used to fuel a bandwagon on another player is scummy. I'm pretty sure Kash didn't imply voting someone based on a perceived scumslip was scummy BECAUSE KASH WAS THE FIRST TO VOTE JIM BASED ON THAT SLIP! This just looks like damage control on your part IMO, a bit suss if you ask me.

Fiiiiiirst of all: LIES.

I voted for Jimson many, many hours before he made the "scumslip" and had to read through 7 pages of bullshit before deciding to unvote him.

I'll have to re-read Kashuno to see when Kashuno voted him.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Second of all, good point on Kashuno flip-flopping. Minus points for getting caught up in that bullshit parade, but he still retains points for seeing the votes come flying like so many rotten tomatoes and getting suspicious.

Momentum like that is very rarely a town push.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

This is a stretch imo

*sidestep into jokephase*

izzhov did ask MMT, she who will never be trusted in Shine games, for backup on her case.

*real talk*

Izzhov is, for no other reason than GLOWKU'S INSISTENCE, saying that we lynch Jimson, only so that we can get a 2-for-1 deal.

There's not really much more discussion on Jimson's scumminess, that's why if Jimson flips town Izzhov says we immediately flip Glowku the next day, because nothing else is relevant.

That...is horrendously scummy. Maybe when you're approaching LYLO a strategy like that could be feasible, but in a 33-man on D1 it's the absolute scummiest perspective a player could have for lynching strategy.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

I think it's horrible, sure, but scummy? Idk.

It's true, I've made some pretty terrible arguments as town. At the risk of agreeing with MMT, Quid did probably roll scum this game which should be a lot of fun to see. His opening post is practically identical to the last League game where he was the 3P serial killer.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Doesn't read my post before my case outlining non-assjackal play.

Calls me lazy.

Is pushing a dialogue that fits his narrative instead.

Is non-town aligned player Dickbastardly.

Wish I had a fairy scum father looking out for me with meta reads based on past play.

Uhhhh, I'm not a fairy or your scum daddy but I'm not feeling a finny vote this game. We were town in the last game we played together and we crushed it and I'm pretty sure this is the same Infinitum. There was pressure on you there, and I pushed it off you then.

A looooooot of my reads are meta, and while it gets me strung up like 90% of the time, I'm rarely wrong. This is town Infinitum. If saying that gets me lynched, well, at least I'm vanilla!

Just don't agree with me on anything it gives me the willies.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Just don't agree with me on anything it gives me the willies.

k i dont want to vote w/ infi so maybe i dont like zimb ne more

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm not ready to vote infi, but I must say there's something that feels a bit off about how he approached agreeing with me wrt zimbo

lol

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mayor Glowku posted:

Joke phase is over. I just have a very fun power for once

Glowku is not a cop. He is a gambler and has some kind of shine power that's related to betting (or at least that's his claim).

Why are you (Izzhov) clinging to the assertion that he soft-claimed cop?

Even if that were true (which sounds extremely unlikely), sharing that conclusion openly and unabashedly with practically zero pressure on yourself is, like, climbing scum mountain and carving your name into it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

glowku is soft claiming cop is the reason

On that note, I see that you're right, chores did do the same thing.

Guys, tell me if I'm wrong here.

If you get an N0 or D1 cop, or are a cop, and you have a positive investigation result, is proper play not to IMMEDIATELY HARDCLAIM IT???

What are you going to do, strike gold a second time before you die? No, probably not.

Come on guys.

At least now I know why chores isn't making GBS threads up the thread. Two big names carved into scum mountain.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I love you chores :)

But yeah, if you're town and you think someone might be a cop, what is your thought process?

"I think it would be super helpful to share this with town, as it's very important that everyone know who our potential cops are! Yay I am good town!!!"

No.

No no no.

The only players who MIGHT do this are scum, because they forget that if they think someone might be a cop, it is ESSENTIAL to keep those suspicions to their GODDAMN SELVES because scum's job is to find cops and KILL THEM.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Izzhov posted:

This makes sense but it also seems to contradict your statement that if Glowku is cop with positive result, he should hardclaim?

If anyone is ever a cop with a positive result, hardclaim that poo poo IMMEDIATELY. I never have, nor ever will say anything that contradicts that.

If I see a mod doc where a cop had a positive investigation result N1 and he dies N2 I will never, ever let him live it down.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Detective Williams had everything he needed. It was a long, grueling night of work, but it paid off. Everything fit. The blood spatter report, the DNA evidence, everything. He put everything into the file, slipped it into his drawer, and went home for the night, confident that the killer would be brought in.

The next day, he went to work. He drank his coffee and took his morning poo poo. He slept through a meeting, chatted with his coworkers, and the file sat where he put it. He went home that night, tucked himself in, and the very man whose name was written on the file snuck into his home, slit his throat, and murdered his family.

The file was never found.

GEEEEEET IIIIIIITTTT??????

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jimmy Hats posted:

Let's all talk about Izzhov's drinking problem instead

Is Izzhov sober again? I knew we needed to keep an eye on them.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I already breadcrumbed my shine power too so the astute readers feel free to pick up on that.

This push on me seems kinda rushed. Still feeling dick but Kashuno care to explain why you are jumping on this while you were just casing dick? Not to mention he is playing 100% like I said he would? Dipped when he got heat and then reappeared when people were pushing him for conversation?

Grabs your hand as you reach for my glass. Dissapears and reappears behind you with my sword windblood

"nothing personal kid"

Jimson, did you breadcrumb Ninja?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

No. This is bad play, unless you were only a 1 shot.

You make sure it is obvious you think the person is scum with your first post and you try to case them and get them cuddled without making it obvious you have a cop result. If you can get them cuddled without revealing your role, that is the ultimate cop play. If you can't get them cuddled normally, then you can consider hard claiming near the end of the day, or rolling the dice and trying for another result before you hard claim. If you die and flip it will be obvious who you copped.

True, except for the part where cops have a chance (usually 75%) of copping town instead of scum. Just as it's not obvious after a cop flips whether he found scum, you can't say for certain if he copped town (thus confirming them). The only way for them to provide that info to town (reliably) is by hardclaiming and giving it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Note to self: KB would prefer if cops died before hardclaiming and revealing positive investigation results.

Good information to have :)

• Locked thread