Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm so in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

hmm

looks like your speakeasy is a piece of poo poo

It was until you got here :swoon:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimmy Hats posted:

Plz invite azuth and mayor glowku: the best players ever.

I invited glowku

Captain Foo posted:

lol i recognize like

5 of you, maybe

I hope I am on that list :ohdear:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Who wants to be on my team?

Ha ha ha no thanks I tried that once

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Izzhov posted:

I would unironically watch a two-hour production starring TMM and Jimson as Lord and Lady Macbeth, respectively.

I call Malcolm ;)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

FYI that's Tommunist, and he will have a new name on Friday.

Also, as amusing as these pre-game alliances/vendettas are, let's cool down on that. Thank you all for your excitement!
Counterpoint:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I look forward to chores claiming cop and killing the real cop again

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am Willy Shineka and run a nice factory you can come explore

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Let's not.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PALE SPECTRES posted:

my irony filters messed today, can we really play as orcs or wargs or w/e

It's not nice to refer to alcoholics as orcs :/

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I vow that i will not insult anyone this entire game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

loving up is the spirit of mafia tho

Yeah I mean just look at jimsons av

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hello friends. Please, I stress this heavily, do not claim day 1. it's not good.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

a hearty lol at any town where this happened

You have been for far too long. Town claiming their power roles day one is the new "I'm a miller/jester" claim

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also fyi I have chores on ignore so if he says anything work knowing please let me know. Thanks again yall

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone here think koalas look like goatse

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys shine does crazy things here is what my character is like https://youtu.be/eZpa9RF9aj4

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Truth Quark posted:

Just FYI we can't kill Glowku until at least D3 so he has ample time to turn the scumdoc into a work of art.

Scum slip ##vote TQ

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Kash's coaching in uncharacteristic and heavy handed, don't like it much. The other guy with two a's in his name was giving me vibes too. I'll reread it when I ain't working.

I'm trying to be nicer after recent stuff has happened in the mafia community, and after playing the hydra game and seeing how it feels to interact with salty inflammatory dicks like I usually am I'd prefer a better game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DickBastardly posted:

Yeah, he said this:

Which is Kashuno-speak for: "I'm scum"

Also he insinuated something about his intention to "golden finger" our "silver feet" and I don't like the sound of it.

##vote Kashuno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdOceSVCJb0

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Truth Quark posted:

##unvote

That's a lot of joke votes on kash.

This is weirdly self conscious. It is 17 votes to lynch and he's worried about joke votes at 7

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
grimy drawer how lame :/

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Truth Quark posted:

Ok yeah good point ##vote Kashuno

lol ##vote Truth Quark

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Truth Quark posted:

A good vote imo. Not as good as a kash vote but still a solid vote nonetheless.

Remind me why I'm a good vote?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:confused:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Like..I'm not the only one seeing that originally TQ was calling it all joke votes but then doubles down on it, right?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Truth Quark posted:

I'm sorry, did we leave arbitrary joke phase cutoff and now we have to post seriously? I wasn't taking your "case" seriously and the fact you are reading so much into my posts is baffling to me.

It's mafia I have to read into peoples posts :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Real talk.

Today's vote will likely end up being a lurker, unless scum does something extravagantly stupid.
Due to size of the game, we're probably looking at 4-5 different factions.

Everything about this post is bad.

1) You don't get to arbitrarily decide that we will lurker lynch day 1, and there are many people who wouldn't agree with a d1 lurker lynch. You are trying to steer people right when we are in the middle of actual discussion.
2) You are speculating on the number of factions based on what information? If you're town, you don't have any clue that there are multiple factions. You are stating this as if you have some setup information to back it up.

##vote Infinitum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

tq and Infinitum both scum

I somewhat agree. I think Inf was really trying to shut down discussion since TQ overstepped, and it's extremely obvious

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Predicting=/=deciding

What speculation? The fact that the last 2 Shine games had multiple factions?
That we both played in those games?

I agree, everything about your post is bad

I wasn't in Shine2

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

i would put actual money down right now that infinite is not town. that's far too specific an asummption to make without extra oot info.

This doesn't read to me as a town post. That level of confidence rings really hollow from a townie.

Infinitum posted:

Bit desperate for info, aren't ya mate?

I've already answered your question.

Infinitum posted:

I would put down actual money that you're really desperate to link me to some conspiracy theory you've just come up with.

If I had setup info I'd share it.

That was a logical guess based on player numbers, and past Shine games.

I'm town by the way. Not a 3rd party or scum.
Just town.

This is rude and combative, not conducive to town play.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Truth Quark posted:

Setup spec was huge (and largely wrong) in both Shine games, but both of them featured multiple 3p teams so its not surprising someone who played in them would be commenting on setup spec.

If this is true and inf was in them, why is he speculating on factions during day 1

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

##unvote

Why are you being so defensive infi? Weren't you the one thst pointed out that its weird to be worried about votes this early in a 33 man game!

No that was me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

yeah i don't buy that for a moment. it's a tried and true scumtell and again infinite won't explain how he came to that number. if he were town it should be pretty easy to provide his reasoning. pointing out how useless it was in previous games should demonstrate how little value it holds here, and players from previous games should know that.

:yeah:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Izzhov posted:

You're pretty loving funny when you're an asshat tho

oh no please don't encourage him :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I think you're trying to drum up conversation by connecting dots that aren't there.
I would put you down as a scum target for that alone.

Past that it's D1 and still in jokepost land, so it's difficult to have a read on anyone at this point.

Errr this is weird. We have been having pretty serious discussion for a few pages now why would you say we are still in jo--

Infinitum posted:

##vote Somberbrero

Can't even type someone's name correctly.
Rude.

Oh because you refuse to leave it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

like help me out here, am i being an rear end in a top hat and tunneling in or is infinitum just refusing to seriously engage me?

He is engaging you but he's wrong

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimmy Hats posted:

Lol imagine if I did that thing where I vote for everyone 5 times in a game this size. Would votefinder finally die?!

Please don't.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Izzhov posted:

I can't decide on infi. People seem to be implying there was some drama in the Mafia community recently? Perhaps he's responding to that, like Jimson is claiming to, and that's why he's less dickish.

He'd also be the guy who immediately attempted to dissuade real discussion for "real talk let's lynch a lurker" less than 24 hours into a game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I'm town tho.

Not on a scum team of any variety.
Not on a 3P team, such as FBI, either.

Just pure vanilla town.
That's the 100% truth of the matter.

I'll be off doing bday (:toot:) stuff today, but thankfully a lot of scummy votes have been placed on me.
Great thing about playing a completely honest game is that it's a lot easier to spot scum trying to twist words to fit a dialogue they're trying to produce :toot:
Once I've got some free time I'll do a proper review :toot:

I would put good money on Zimbomonkey being non-town.

happy birthday is about the only nice thing I can say about this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. F! posted:

Here we have Jimsons entry to the game:

LOL, I'M TOWN, seriously guys townie is posting here.

Next we have Jimsons first serious vote of the game:

This was a serious vote; a serious suspicion. Originally I thought he was joking but then he follows up with his thoughts on the vote:

TQ was picking up steam in this time period, so Jimson wanted to plant a stake in that lynch. Something he could go back on. But then momentum begins to build on inifinitum, so Jimson makes the following post. The above post and the post below follow on another exactly. Jimson posts nothing between them.

See how he unvotes TQ here, while shifting to infinitum, who was picking up votes, but not immediately jumping on the bandwagon. Jimson wants to set up his suspicions of Infinitum. He cant just immediately jump onto the lynch. That would look bad.

I'm gonna stop you right here. Why is he able to immediately jump onto TQ without issue, but he can't immediately bandwangon inf? That's an inconsistency and causes issue with your further points.

Further needling of infinitum.

Further needling of infinitum. It's piling on without voting.

This post reminds me of his entry to the game. Wherein he felt the need to remark on his town alignment.

But I thought you were seriously suspicious of TQ and Infinitum being on a team? Has TQ's original "scummy" post that you were jumping on now no longer scummy?

This doesn't make sense.

Decides to vote for a gut case over the many suspicions he's voiced over the course of the game. This makes me think those suspicions were probably not ones he truly believed.

I don't think your case on Jimson is very good.

• Locked thread