Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Wow what an obvious attempt to get on my good side #vote TMMadman

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Btw if Prohibition is ended does that mean we're in the middle of the Great Depression?

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Mayor Glowku posted:

Podima you are my favorite game host. Please don't let me down and I promise I won't start a ton of poo poo like last game

Starting a ton of poo poo is what makes this game fun tbh

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Secret team?

*winks furtively*

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I would unironically watch a two-hour production starring TMM and Jimson as Lord and Lady Macbeth, respectively.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

ALSO hi izzhov havnt seen you in a good hwhile

Hi how are things I see you've turned into an eldritch abomination that's quite a step up from "Oregon Trail Wagon."

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
btw someone link me the original post that Jimson's new title text is from bc that poo poo is hilarious

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Quidthulhu posted:

how did this game have 47 posts this morning it hasn't started yet :stare:

#vote Quidnose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pls6OyJpCWg

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I'm gonna go off the beaten path and be a character that actually fits this game's setting

(Original Character Do Not Steal)

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Touché

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
*stumbles into the town square waving an empty bottle around and barely avoiding a series of lamp posts* Doesh anyone have shome Shine? *brrrAAAAAAP!*

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

I'M SO loving HARD RIGHT NOW HOLY poo poo YOU GUYS. I DON'T EVEN CARE THAT I'M BORING rear end TOWN HOLY gently caress I'VE GIVEN EVERY NIGHTLY PRAYER TO THIS GAME

People don't use cruise control unless they got something to hide.

##vote jimson

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

BottleKnight posted:

THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND UNFOUNDED. I THINK YOU REALLY NEED TO RETHINK YOUR THEORY. THERE ARE ALL SORTS OF REASONS UNRELATED TO DECEPTION WHY SOMEONE WOULD ENGAGE THE CRUISE.

hmm yes you make a very good and well reasoned point I will be sure to take this under consideration ##vote BottleKnight

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

PALE SPECTRES posted:

if you have experience being stuck at home, please advise me. im kind of a shutin and dont talk to people much.

Are you asking for advice coping with being alone, or with going out and socializing?

First things first, though, methinks you need a stiff drink. Here, word about town is this stuff's pretty good *slides a bottle of rye along the counter perfectly into your hand*

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

PALE SPECTRES posted:

yes i will drink some of this "hooch" hehe

Good man(?).

Btw, don't ask me why there's a bar counter in the middle of the town square, or why I stopped slurring after my first post and magically gained perfect hand-eye coordination. I don't make the rules.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

PALE SPECTRES posted:

i am a man, and i also enjoy tipping my hat to ladies. im glad i am alive in a time and place where we like wearing hats.

Ok I just hope that hat isn't a fedora, not that the time and place in which we reside has any particular stigma against such hats. It just gives me a slight nauseous feeling... deep in "m'bones."

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

I sadly have no Boos that are worth drinking....

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Kashuno posted:

Also fyi I have chores on ignore so if he says anything work knowing please let me know. Thanks again yall

Someone who refuses to look at all the evidence available = useless player. You are a disgrace to the memory of Aloysius Caissy.

##vote Kashuno

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Somberbrero posted:

yeah i don't buy that for a moment. it's a tried and true scumtell and again infinite won't explain how he came to that number. if he were town it should be pretty easy to provide his reasoning. pointing out how useless it was in previous games should demonstrate how little value it holds here, and players from previous games should know that.

This is somewhat convincing to me. Does anyone remember back in game 1 when Anomalous Amalgam randomly started speculating about there being 2 scum teams apropos of nothing, and then he turned out to be FBI? Also, in my experience a town infi would never say something like this:

Infinitum posted:

I would put down actual money that you're really desperate to link me to some conspiracy theory you've just come up with.

If I had setup info I'd share it.

That was a logical guess based on player numbers, and past Shine games.

I'm town by the way. Not a 3rd party or scum.
Just town.

Instead, he's just post many, many poop emojis, or something like that. He's being too earnest (or attempting-to-seem-earnest) imo

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Izzhov posted:

Instead, he'd just post many, many poop emojis, or something like that. He's being too earnest (or attempting-to-seem-earnest) imo

Mafia edit

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Infinitum posted:

So my meta is I'll just post stupid gifs and emoji?
Maybe I'm tired of being an arsehat?

Maybe I'm playing a super chill, 100% honest game this time.

You're pretty loving funny when you're an asshat tho

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I can't decide on infi. People seem to be implying there was some drama in the Mafia community recently? Perhaps he's responding to that, like Jimson is claiming to, and that's why he's less dickish.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

King Burgundy posted:

That could very much be the case. But he'd still be the guy that speculated 4-5 factions on D1.

Oh yeah. I even pointed out a reference point from Shine I of a scum doing that exact same thing too. Hmm...

##vote Infinitum at least until someone can build a stronger case on someone else.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

BottleKnight posted:

It Could Be You

:gonk: :tinfoil:

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

this is a stickup posted:

I'm not leaning scum on jimson right now, especially because I think he really is correct about dick

Since this is allegedly a meta-read, I'd love to see a relevant quote or two of Dick from other games where he is scum and acts the same as this.

Also someone earlier asked whether Dick doesn't act like this when he's not scum which I believe is just as relevant. If he acts the same all the time - scum or not - then meta-reads aren't much help.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Infinitum posted:

Just pure vanilla town.
That's the 100% truth of the matter.

Whoa are you claiming here you don't even have a Shine-activated power?

Infinitum posted:

I'll be off doing bday (:toot:) stuff today

Happy bday! Your present is one vote for every year old you are ;)

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

BottleKnight posted:

You're just

Your only purpose is trying to make me mad in this post.

I don't get it.

Try as infi might, he just can't help being a hilarious asshat. It is simply his way

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Mayor Glowku posted:

I've said since the beginning that jimson is scum. I tell you what I'd bet my house on it if I could! Your pappy sounds like a smart man!

Of all the bets I've made in my life I think the odds are in my favor on this one I tell you what

Hmm... are you willing to bet your... life?

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Mayor Glowku posted:

That's the ultimate bet, and I've never turned down a bet :getin:

If there's one thing I've learned from Shine I, it's that if someone is willing to bet their own life, you go for it, and sort out the rest later.

##vote Jimson

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Kashuno posted:

Also all these votes that are "LOL SCUMSLIP" but don't reference any of the follow up discussion.

Personally, I think voting Jimson based on the "scumslip" alone is stupid, voting based on his subsequent defense a little more reasonable, and voting based on the fact that Mayor Glowku literally just bet his own personal life that Jimson is scum the most sensible of all.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Kashuno posted:

Idk why you're taking glowku's bet at face value because betting is strictly against mafia rules and if he was betting for real he would be modkilled

Is it? Anomalous Amalgam bet for real that Deadbeat Dad was scum in Shine I, and he wasn't modkilled.

And taking AA's bet in that game turned out to be a good idea. So.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

DickBastardly posted:

What the hell is a bread crumb and where can I find it because this is the only thing I havent looked into and could very well get me off your back Jim

Bread crumbs are cryptic hints players put in their posts where if you find them you can figure out what their role is and/or the result of their role's actions (e.g. an alignment cop can breadcrumb their results by saying things like "X is definitely not scum" etc)

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Moatillata posted:

It is def against the rules I made infinitum bet he would shave his beard if I flipped town and AR almost killed us both

Oh I see what the issue is. I've heard of this rule too. It's against the rules when you're betting real things, like money. It's not against the rules when you're essentially just saying, "I guarantee X is scum, and if they aren't then feel free to vote me tomorrow."

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Kashuno posted:

Taking random bets that don't actually mean anything at face value with no reasoning isn't playing mafia it's letting someone else play and being a pawn so you can excuse yourself for not playing and being wrong.

Just because a strategy is degenerate doesn't make it not the best strategy, hth

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

DickBastardly posted:

So should I look for it or not because heaven forbid I do anything bad for town.

Looking for it won't hurt town, you might not want to reveal what you found if you find it tho? Idk use ur best judgment

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Kashuno posted:

You're opting to not play the game

I am literally employing the optimal strategy in this particular situation

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Kashuno posted:

How isn'l not doing any of your own critical thinking the optimal strat

I am also doing my own critical thinking, to employ later on. It's just that "casing" happens to be irrelevant when it comes to this particular game state (namely one in which another player staked their own life on the alignment of another)

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Kashuno, I completely understand your frustration, actually. I was in a very similar situation as you in Shine I, when AA came out and guaranteed Deadbeat Dad was scum, and I was annoyed because it seemed like people where just voting DD without employing critical thinking. But if you go back and read that part of that thread, you'll realize I was wrong then, just like you are now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Kashuno posted:

This isn't shine 1 and it's also day 1 where no night actions have happened. Following his vote like that is ignorant and lazy

There's (basically) 2 possibilities here: either he's right and Jimson's scum, or he's wrong and a liar and scum, in which case we'll vote him d2. Mayor Glowku's played enough games that I doubt he'd do something so idiotically bold on just a hunch on day 1.

• Locked thread