Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
elf is pretty poo poo without its rares anyway honestly

like even with ancient elf and tia, you still need liza, rhinoceroach, cynthia, wind god, altered fate (depending on the list you're running), etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Last reroll for the day for me, how does look? Lots of cards but they're kinda spread out
3x Odin
2x Dark Angel Olivia
Bloody Mary
Moon Al-mi'raj
Gabriel
Lord of Flies
Alexander
Zirnitra
Pluto
Lord Atomy
Sea Queen Otohime

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

holy crap

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Jesus loving Christ

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I take it I should keep this roll

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Sophism posted:

I personally wouldn't liquefy any cards.

The game might be generous, sure, but it's generous in the long-term, not necessarily the short-term. Holding onto a million semi-functional cards just for the sake of having them is fine, but if you could eliminate even two deck types you aren't interested in using and liquify any golds/legendaries from those decks, you could net yourself a fully-viable competitive deck or two, as opposed to just playing amalgamations of whatever you happen to have on-hand. And after playing maybe ten games of ranked, eight with decks that I happened to have cards for and getting my rear end handed to me and then a full sword deck (non-banner) I completed with two bloodcraft legendaries worth of vials, the difference is night and day. I mean, you say you built a couple meta decks over the course of months? I started yesterday and am two legendaries short of the Mid-control sword deck, and the two games I've played with this deck so far haven't even lasted long enough to build enough play points for me to even use a 9* legendary. Plus, I can just slap my spare Olivia and Odin in there in place of them.

In a game where people have been collecting cards for months and have been getting better at the game for months, if you present me with the option to make any top-tier sword deck at the cost of throwing away three of my nine legendaries for decks I'm not interested in playing, that sounds like a dope trade to me.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Last reroll for the day for me, how does look? Lots of cards but they're kinda spread out
3x Odin
2x Dark Angel Olivia
Bloody Mary
Moon Al-mi'raj
Gabriel
Lord of Flies
Alexander
Zirnitra
Pluto
Lord Atomy
Sea Queen Otohime

Honestly not sure if you do better even if you rerolled for the rest of your life. Keep that poo poo.

Pancakius
Sep 2, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

3x Odin
2x Dark Angel Olivia
Bloody Mary
Moon Al-mi'raj
Gabriel
Lord of Flies
Alexander
Zirnitra
Pluto
Lord Atomy
Sea Queen Otohime

Congrats, that's somehow less likely than winning the actual lottery?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

iunno anything about this game but bitch with the countdown tigers and falcons and poo poo is OP

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The game might be generous, sure, but it's generous in the long-term, not necessarily the short-term. Holding onto a million semi-functional cards just for the sake of having them is fine, but if you could eliminate even two deck types you aren't interested in using and liquify any golds/legendaries from those decks, you could net yourself a fully-viable competitive deck or two, as opposed to just playing amalgamations of whatever you happen to have on-hand. And after playing maybe ten games of ranked, eight with decks that I happened to have cards for and getting my rear end handed to me and then a full sword deck (non-banner) I completed with two bloodcraft legendaries worth of vials, the difference is night and day. I mean, you say you built a couple meta decks over the course of months? I started yesterday and am two legendaries short of the Mid-control sword deck, and the two games I've played with this deck so far haven't even lasted long enough to build enough play points for me to even use a 9* legendary. Plus, I can just slap my spare Olivia and Odin in there in place of them.

In a game where people have been collecting cards for months and have been getting better at the game for months, if you present me with the option to make any top-tier sword deck at the cost of throwing away three of my nine legendaries for decks I'm not interested in playing, that sounds like a dope trade to me.

There are at least three competitive face decks that require very little investment, and only the Dragon one uses legendaries. (And it can sub in Seabrand Dragon or Genesis Dragon in place of Forte and do completely fine until A+ rank.) I didn't build 'a couple' of decks. I built multiple.

I had Ramp Satan Dragon, Satan Haven, Aggro Shadow, Midrange Shadow and Dimension Shift Rune (This last one with only one Merlin and two Spectral Wizards subbing in for it.) before the expansion hit. After the expansion I have Garuda Haven, Aggro Blood, Aggro Dragon, Royal Banner Sword and with the parts of other decks I currently own, I have enough vials left to finish Dimension Shift Rune and Elana/Lapis Hybrid Haven, or Control Sword or Control Blood.

And the rewards for short term are actually incredibly inflated due to campaign, elite AI, achievements and score rewards. So the likelihood of you getting the cards you just crafted from the mass of packs you'll be netting after the initial 40 or so is really high.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Super No Vacancy posted:

iunno anything about this game but bitch with the countdown tigers and falcons and poo poo is OP

Just played against someone who airdropped a tiger and falcon in the same turn, I only managed to win because she spent like three turns setting that up while I played actual units and killed her on the turn they arrived. It seems like not many decks have ways to kill the countdown amulets, my suggestion is to just spend those turns wailing on her HP and ignoring the probably lovely filler units she puts down so you can either make a break for her HP bar when the countdowns end, or hold onto a spell card/unit that can instakill an enemy once the summon happens

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
you don't really want to kill the countdown amulets, since that triggers their last word.

you'd want to banish them.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Zoness posted:

you don't really want to kill the countdown amulets, since that triggers their last word.

you'd want to banish them.

It took me abit to wrap that around my head when I got used to that neutral spell for removing amulets.

And the 2nd player advantage feels too real here.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 30, 2016

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

3x Odin
2x Dark Angel Olivia
Bloody Mary
Moon Al-mi'raj
Gabriel
Lord of Flies
Alexander
Zirnitra
Pluto
Lord Atomy
Sea Queen Otohime

I got more cards from linking my account and now I also have Ancient Elf, Merlin and Aurelia Regal Saber

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Not a good draw with no Cerberus. Better re-roll again

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hahaaaaaa, get hosed countdown timers. This is basically how all my sword v haven games end up

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats the score under your flair on the matchup screen?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I don't need three Fortes in my opening hand! Let me just mulligan all three and...

...oh. gently caress.

Still won.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
your opponent appears to be a boob mousepad

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Chair In A Basket posted:

your opponent appears to be a boob mousepad

She stole all the other leaders' cup sizes, except Urias'.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Any tips for Take Two? I was infinite/near infinite in Hearthstone but right now I'm 2-8. I feel like Sword and Forest probably have the most going on at common but not sure if that's accurate. Went 0-5 when I had the choice of Dragon, Shadow, and Haven. I went with Dragon thinking that they're all pretty synergy-dependent but at least having Huge Dudes is like a built in form of card advantage. Got my poo poo stomped 5 straight games.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Any tips for Take Two? I was infinite/near infinite in Hearthstone but right now I'm 2-8. I feel like Sword and Forest probably have the most going on at common but not sure if that's accurate. Went 0-5 when I had the choice of Dragon, Shadow, and Haven. I went with Dragon thinking that they're all pretty synergy-dependent but at least having Huge Dudes is like a built in form of card advantage. Got my poo poo stomped 5 straight games.

It seems like Swords is the class of choice based on what I've faced so far. Lacking that, I'd go Haven, then Forest.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just picked up this game and god drat I am so pleased that white weenies is a viable archetype, something that was sorely missing from Hearthstone

What are the must-haves for sword aggro? I ended up crafting Cursed General (3/3 gives officers haste) since that seemed pretty darn important.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
My current reroll:

Merlin - S
Bloody Mary - S
Pluto - B
Dark Angel Olivia - S
Sun Oracle Pascale - B
Lucifer - A
Enstatued Seraph - A

Best I've gotten so far. Think I should keep rerolling? I've seen some folks here get a lot better, but I'd also like to play this game sometime.

El Generico fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 31, 2016

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The current leader of the Take Two leaderboard tweeted that he chooses classes in this order:

Sword > Forest > Blood > Rune > everything else

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Well, after playing Main Story a little and getting two more packs, each pack came with another Legendary. So, this is my account now. I'm really enjoying this. It seems all the reasons I stopped playing Hearthstone have been fixed.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Packs feel way faster than Hearthstone between 3 dailies a day and the login bonus. Only downside is the lack of ability to grind rupi which is replaced by getting your score in ranked up for packs/rupi/sleeves/avatars?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

inthesto posted:

I just picked up this game and god drat I am so pleased that white weenies is a viable archetype, something that was sorely missing from Hearthstone

What are the must-haves for sword aggro? I ended up crafting Cursed General (3/3 gives officers haste) since that seemed pretty darn important.

Any cards that are in both of these decks
https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/face-swordcraft
https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/royal-banner-swordcraft

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

inthesto posted:

Worth noting that the facerush swordcraft deck has a lot of components of the top-tier deck, so it's a great one to aim for. They both have similar playstyles where you wanna flood the board with low-cost units, so if you end up liking facerush sword you might consider eventually investing in the gold/legendary cards

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm 5 and 0 on the ladder with Havencraft. I get that this is the bottom of the ladder and most players are also playing babby's first random pile, but I did play against a Runecraft deck that seemed loaded with giant assholes and just ran them outta gas with my tigers n' poo poo. It's also what I used to beat up the elites in practice. Surprised to see they've got some fast beatdown deck going. I may have to try to build to that and then acquire stuff for control later for funsies. That Enstatued Seraph looks hilarious.

Edit: Also I'm running a Satan since I figure at my low level if I ever resolve it I just win. Is homeboy in the meta right now?

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 31, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm also currently 6-0 on the ladder and consistently winning on turn 6 or 7. I nearly had a turn 5 win, but I forgot to attack with my raging goblin once.

Gosh, I just love aggro decks :allears:

inthesto fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 31, 2016

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Should I buy standard packs, DE packs or something else for my rupies?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

BoldFace posted:

The current leader of the Take Two leaderboard tweeted that he chooses classes in this order:

I looked into it but I think overall it has to do with playstyle. Two different jp sites offer different rankings too:

Appmedia currently ranks Shadow = Sword > Forest = Rune = Blood > Dragon = Haven.

Gamewith ranks Shadow = Sword > Haven > Dragon = Blood = Rune > Forest.

I'd say given a choice pick shadow or sword, whichever you prefer (sword usually leans aggressive, shadow is on the midrange-control side). I've never picked Forest, Blood or Rune but Rune decks at 3-0 are usually strong because they put together a good ratio of earth rite cards and amulet makers (spell boost is like almost impossible to put together in arena afaik). I don't think I've ever lost to a blood deck and the one forest deck I've lost to played two Tia's.

Blood feels really risky given how quickly sword and shadow can close out 10 points of health from a near-empty board.

The rankings also could have to do with goals. It's almost impossible to get below 3 wins if you play shadow correctly but shadow's lack of 2-drops make it hard to have explosive starts and I get way more 4-1's than any other record when playing shadow.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I personally love Haven in Take Two. Sometimes, it just works.

:getin:

e:

Terper fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Oct 31, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
to be fair if Luna has Call of the Void or several combinations of two cards in the second image she can stabilize :v:

Thats one of the reasons I really like playing Shadowcraft.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

I personally love Haven in Take Two. Sometimes, it just works.

Doesn't look like it worked out for 1 Havencraft player though!!!!

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

BoldFace posted:

Turns out this guy streams his runs, and he's live right now!
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/co2860165

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I really like Kaguya. Cost-effective statwise (6 for 5/6), and punishes your opponent hard for killing her.

I didn't try rerolling but going through the Haven story and some Take Two, this is where I stand Legendary-wise:

Rune: Sun Oracle Pascale
Sword: Tsubaki
Haven: Skullfane, Jeanne d'Arc, Enstatued Seraph
Blood: Beast Dominator, Queen Vampire
Neutral: Dark Angel Olivia, Prince of Darkness
Dragon: Fafnir

I like both Forest and Haven styles, but it looks like RNG has decided that Haven is the one for me. I also drew three Elana's so Elana-Seraph is going to be my Ranked deck.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kaguya was one of the first cards I opened and I thought she was great but after thinking about it more and seeing her in action, she's... not particularly great. For one thing you have to Evolve her to get her effect, then she must die, and then for two turns (three if you kill her off on your turn), a random opponent has its attack set to 1, at the end of your turn. When you don't want the enemy to have any cards, preferably. Wooo...

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Terper posted:

Kaguya was one of the first cards I opened and I thought she was great but after thinking about it more and seeing her in action, she's... not particularly great. For one thing you have to Evolve her to get her effect, then she must die, and then for two turns (three if you kill her off on your turn), a random opponent has its attack set to 1, at the end of your turn. When you don't want the enemy to have any cards, preferably. Wooo...

it doesn't help that her ability often does nothing against sword or shadow in take two. dumps on dragons though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I wish I had known how fun Dshift is so I could try rerolling into some Merlins, but the budget version from the op is still super loving fun. I love playing cancer combo decks, reminds me of playing yugioh.

Also I'm apparently poo poo at card evaluation because I am not great at take two.

• Locked thread