Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Best feeling when playing vs. sync is selling global food initiatives and news teams away for money with data dealer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

StashAugustine posted:

Hey FYI the network card on my laptop is on the fritz so this is a little up in the air

Follow-up: should be good Sat afternoon

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
Circlmastr beat me both times. First time I've been the target of BOOM.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Lump Shaker posted:

Circlmastr beat me both times. First time I've been the target of BOOM.

CTM is a bitch like that.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Won both games against the good Baron, I got some late-game luck against his Kit with Jammy HB bluffs and then Hayley avoided blowing up long enough to pull ahead of GRNDL in the money game. Some fun games, and thanks to Fuzzlewhack for staying up so late!

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I went a bit too aggressive with Kit, trying to play on a lean budget instead of building up a good credit pool. Combined with some good bluffs on a stacked remote, Destrado pulled out a good win.

My GRNDL couldn't ICE up quickly enough to tax out his Hayley, and he was able to get out all of his breakers quickly enough that I had no hope of keeping him out of anything. He accessed Scorched Earth in my HQ about twenty times despite having agendas in it the whole time, but I never got the tag I needed to stick.

Good games!

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Hey FYI the network card on my laptop is on the fritz so this is a little up in the air

It seems like StashAugustine might not be able to make our pairing, I have tried to message him on Stimhack to no avail. I will monitor the thread in case there is a similar case with another player and then we can work something out.

E.J.Olmos
Jan 1, 2008

Tevery and I have played our games.

I won both.

Andy vs Weyland
HB vs Hayley

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

E.J.Olmos posted:

Tevery and I have played our games.

I won both.

Andy vs Weyland
HB vs Hayley

Ayup.

As requested, here's my Off the Crisium Grid decklist:

quote:

no servers here

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World

Agenda (9)
1x Global Food Initiative ●
3x Government Contracts
3x Oaktown Renovation
2x The Future is Now

Asset (4)
2x Jackson Howard ●●
2x The Root

Upgrade (7)
3x Crisium Grid
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite
3x Off the Grid

Operation (14)
3x Blue Level Clearance ●●●●● ●
3x Green Level Clearance ●●●
3x Hedge Fund
2x Housekeeping
3x Restructure

Barrier (10)
1x Ashigaru ●●●
2x Hadrian's Wall
3x Ice Wall
3x Meru Mati
1x Spiderweb

Code Gate (1)
1x Wendigo

Sentry (4)
2x Archer
2x Lycan

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

mitochondritom posted:

It seems like StashAugustine might not be able to make our pairing, I have tried to message him on Stimhack to no avail. I will monitor the thread in case there is a similar case with another player and then we can work something out.

My network card is dead but I should be able to get access to wired internet on Sat. I will see about getting Slack on my tablet so I can respond faster

E.J.Olmos
Jan 1, 2008

Tevery Best posted:

Ayup.

As requested, here's my Off the Crisium Grid decklist:

Sick, thanks.

I ran a Blue Sun list for a while that would mushin a 5/3 then install and rez Off the grid, great fun.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I was MIA for a couple days, and it looks like I missed djfooboo. I think we might try to meet up and play the games on Sunday but if there isn't a report log score it 2 for him/her, 0 for me.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Follow-up: should be good Sat afternoon

OK great, I am on the stimhack channel now and sent you a few PMs. I will check it throughout the evening (equivalent to your afternoon).

Edit:

StashAugustine and I have played our games. Unsurprisingly (to me) he decimated me in both matches. I wish him all the best in destroying you all down the line.

mitochondritom fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 29, 2016

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah 2-0 sweep. Good games! Now I just need to fix my laptop so I don't have to hook it up to a desktop cord

E.J.Olmos
Jan 1, 2008

ZorajitZorajit you have me and Tevery the wrong way round in the standings, I won the two games.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Voodoofly forfeited his matches to me due to unavailability :(

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
PAIRINGS!!!
Results are due 10:00pm, 6 November

Apologies for the brief delay this afternoon in getting these posted. The final reporting time is being rolled back briefly this week, as this should enable me to give everyone the full period of Monday to get matches in if needed. Please be reminded to contact your assigned opponent and report scores. If I can make a request that you bold some indicative text in your report, as it makes it easier for me to track. Thank you to Voodoofly for a sporting concession when schedules became frustrated, best of luck in your upcoming matches.

code:

01. mitochondritom        vs     Machai
02. djfooboo              vs     AgentF
03. Tevery Best           vs     Berenzen
04. Static Equilibrium    vs     Baron Fuzzlewhack
05. Lump Shaker           vs     Voodoofly
06. CirclMastr            vs     Destrado
07. This Post Sucks       vs     ZorajitZorajit
08. E.J.Olmos             vs     Stash Augustine

Side note: If anyone is attending World's this week, whether for A:NR or not, I will offer extensions. I had originally started this to get World's practice myself (of which the new job cut short, this year.)

ZorajitZorajit fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 1, 2016

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Baron Fuzzlewack I'm free for the next couple hours tonight and tomorrow pm around this time. Then I'm off to worlds so my availability might be spotty until the weekend.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I might not be available until late this evening (closer to 9pm EST), but I'll see what I can manage.

If you free up during the week somehow, shoot me an email at fuzzmeetup at Google mail and I'll be able to respond pretty quickly.

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
Hey Voodoofly, sent you a PM, and you can reach me on Steam at t7inga

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Destrado, I sent you a PM.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

You should give djfooboo 2-0, as I wasn't able to meet up to play the games.

Lump Shaker posted:

Hey Voodoofly, sent you a PM, and you can reach me on Steam at t7inga

Sent you a PM

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Hey, ZorajitZorajit, are you going to worlds? If not, I'm available pretty much any night or most times during the day. Just let me know when!

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I might not be available until late this evening (closer to 9pm EST), but I'll see what I can manage.

If you free up during the week somehow, shoot me an email at fuzzmeetup at Google mail and I'll be able to respond pretty quickly.

I have a really early flight so 9 is probably gonna be too late for me. I'll be on slack if you happen to be available before that, otherwise I'll shoot you an email if I can make some time later in the week.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Tevery and I corp split. He got some early points on my ctm, but then EBC came out and he couldn't blackmail into my scoring server. Then I as whizzard made a greedy call and facechecked into a komainu last click and ate a bioethics the next turn.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
To be frank I probably would have trashed that EBC, but I had just lost to Hostile Infrastructure Jinteki (with the new ID) and that really got me spooked of running remotes for trashing.

...also, I did not draw into my Secret Weapon.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

ej olmos swept me.

E.J.Olmos
Jan 1, 2008

Good games though, both could have gone either way. ETF always a tough matchup for Andy and Whizz with anarch tricks can do very well against my ETF.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Voodoofly 2-0 over Lump Shaker.

In the first game my Sol deck got a monster start against his Andy, locking out his Temujin and getting Scarcity of Resources online. I was then able to dump all my cash to rez a SanSan and pump a Turnpike trace against his siphon, further hampering his econ recovery. He got unlucky on his HQ accesses as I almost always had at least one agenda in hand, and I was able to break through his R&D lock with Blue Level draws, pulling agendas and rushing them out in between his whiffs.

In the second game my Leela deck got a Turn 1 Indexing against his CTM, snagging a GFI and Beale. He turned the tides, though, getting a Breaking News into Closed Accounts on me before I could get breakers out. I ended up going tag me and battled all game with almost no money, but luckily he could never draw an Exchange of Information. Last turn I was able to recover from another closed accounts to siphon HQ and have just enough credits after the siphon to match a resistor trace, stealing the win. Game was super close despite my great start and quite frankly I was lucky he couldn't find exchange and kept pulling political assets and Pad Campaigns rather than agendas.

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 3, 2016

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I picked up 2-0 over This Post Sucks. Very tight game of DLR Leela vs Argus that ended in a dead Leela. Paparazzi might not let you get bombed in public, but they just love finding you keeled over dead in your apartment from an "overdose" ...of Snare! Also, it turns out that nobody can keep Omar out of the Haarpsichord dressing rooms.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
CirclMastr and I Corp Split. Blue Sun did the Blue Sun thing, and I ran out of steam against his Datapool CtM - came down to a glory run on HQ where I was 50/50 on seeing the Agenda that'd win me the game or the BOOM! that was about to kill me... saw the Boom, but was broke and couldn't trash it. Alas, poor Whizz.

E.J.Olmos
Jan 1, 2008

Just a heads up but I am on holiday next week so my availability will be very limited. Apologies in advance to my opponent, will try to work something out though.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Won 2-0 against mitochondritom.

I had lucky starting hands both games. Got one OAI in hand with a DNA Tracker with Blue Sun and the other OAI were right at the top of my deck to get me some quick cash. We finished 7-6 after I waited for my agendas to come in while not protecting R&D enough, but I finally got enough agendas through my great big remote for the win.

My tag-me Omar deck was able to get my main breakers and my console up from my starting hand and then I siphoned to make some free runs and only missed in R&D once.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Machai and I played our games over the past couple of days. I can't speak for him but I am really new to "competetive" Netrunner and before this GoonLeague I only played games with my partner using our Core set at home. With that in mind, here is a brief report of my matches with Machai, being slightly vague in case these decks are utilised again in further matches.

In our first game I was the runner and basically used a Shaper deck only slightly different from the standard list in the core set with Kate as the ID. I usually play the Corporation against my partner so I already felt a bit out of my depth and basically lost the plot when Machai immediately dropped a combo of cards I had never heard of. Rapidly realising this was going to be an uphill battle as Machai gained a huge credit advantage I tried to get some set up going but discovered most of the shaper cards seemed incredibly useless (+ 1 links who cares?). I seemed to spend a lot of my turns drawing crappy breakers and having no money whilst staring at increasingly intimating defences. Machai set about constructed some impenetrable remote server and advancing a (presumed) agenda, I steeled myself for a quick defeat. My only option seemed to be stealing from R and D as it was protected by ICE I wasn't familiar with, but was weak enough for my lone breaker Crypsis to crack into. I managed to nab a couple of Agendas this way and while Machi was progressing with his agendas it almost felt like a victory was in my grasp. The game drew to an end with Machai on 5 points and myself on 4. I had one shot left and enough credits to break into R n D one last time, amazingly I got in and accessed a 3 point agenda! Victory, for me the guy with the crappy Core deck finally. That is until I read the text and realised it was only worth 2 points to the Runner. Machai then won on the next turn, bummer.

Overall the first game was a deserved win to Machai, but was a really fun experience for me as I hardly play the runner and this was the first game I have ever played where it felt like winning was a possibility despite my incredibly basic deck and inexperience. There was a bit of faffing with the Jinteki.net client as we were both new to it, but it was relatively easily rectified. A really good game overall though.

The second game was a total blitz from Machai's perspective. I mulliganed and still ended up with 3 agendas in my hand and no way to get any credits. From my point of view I thought I had a decent window as Machai looked to be off to a slow start and I attempted to open a remote server and advance away. Unfortunately for me I hadn't understood the significance of Machai throwing certain programs to his heap and when he attacked all my servers breakers were being installed and used in-run, something entirely unfamiliar to me. The HaasBioroid glory was short lived as Machai ransacked everything and won on turn 5. I ended this game feeling a little bit salty as to my mind I was in a good position at the start only to be decimated by a mechanic new to me. Upon reflection I could have closely inspected the programs he trashed, cottoned on sooner and tried to react.

So the summary is 2:0 in favour of Machai. Part of the reason I entered this league was to branch out from the Core set only games I play at home so I am ok with repeated losses and just experiencing the wider game. I am increasingly getting the impression that many of the cards in the Core set are just flat out bad compared to newer versions, though there are so many cards I am unfamiliar with I am finding it quite difficult to get all that knowledge.

mitochondritom fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 4, 2016

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

There's a lot of real good cards I'm core but the problem is a lack of depth. Rabbit hole for example is a really niche card (good for Security Nexus and as a mediocre Controlling the Message silver bullet) but hey you gotta fill out slots with something. Jinteki, anarchs, and NBN suffer from this a lot, especially Jinteki which has a card pool divided between glacier and kill with no room forthe good econ they desperately need. There's also a lot of fundamentals that are hard to pick up on because of hi. It's kind of a crutch but anarch breaker Gabe is a good way to learn how to manipulate your opponent's econ to your advantage, for example.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Quick check that we are still waiting for reports for Round 2 from djfooboo v AgentF and Static Equilibrium v Baron Fuzzlewhack. If I've missed either of these reports, please let me know. Otherwise, no sweat.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Static Equilibrium is at Worlds (which is pretty awesome and I hope you do well!) so I'm not sure we'll get a game in this round.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

I'm free for a couple hours this afternoon (sent Baron Fuzzlewhack an email) but I probably won't be free much tomorrow (maybe an hour or two while I'm waiting at the airport). If Baron can't make time and we can't get an extension (I'll definitely be free Monday after 6:30pm EST), I'll take the game losses.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Been trying hard to line up a game between disparate timezones. Unfortunately just hasn't synchronised well so far. If deadline hits then I'll take the loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

AgentF posted:

Been trying hard to line up a game between disparate timezones. Unfortunately just hasn't synchronised well so far. If deadline hits then I'll take the loss.

I say we split if that happens. Just sent you another slack message.

• Locked thread