Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

ikanreed posted:

Foundation

Master psychologist Scott Adams sets a plan in motion to make the empire great again by destroying it.

Foundation and Empire - The plan doesn't work and then somehow does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Doctor J Off posted:

Ulysses
A cuckold wanders around Dublin and overthinks things

That is already the plot of Ulysses (part of it, anyway).

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The Scarlet Letter Hester Prynne is forcibly given a scarlet "A" on her twitter after Ashley Madison is hacked and her profile is exposed

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

The Temple of the Golden Pavillion: A young man joins the NSA to reconcile his feelings of working for the government and destroying it. He ends up leaking government secrets in a catharsis.

The Plague: Same story, except with Ebola.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Antony and Cleopatra

lol, I just made you think of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump having sex.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Around The World in 17 Hours

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Johnny Tremain: Johnny makes millions suing the silversmith he works for after he hurts his hand, and posts in the internet about the assholes in the Colonist Lives Matter movement.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Othello

Iago makes a fake tinder profile.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

turbomoose posted:

Little House on the Prarie

by Grover

Nah, more accurately:

The Fountainhead
By Grover

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Oyak posted:

That is already the plot of Ulysses (part of it, anyway).

They say the best literature is timeless

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

A Tale of Two Cities: A history of the Minneapolis - Saint Paul area.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Madame Bovary

Prep the Bull

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Nah, more accurately:

The Fountainhead
By Grover

Things Fall Apart

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Emma: Totally RETRO revision of the hit summer movie "Clueless." As if!

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Three Men in a Boat: A guy, his friends and his wife's poodle go wakeboarding on a hydro lake. Jerome eventually pulls off a flip, but they get bored dodging traffic and go home to play Battlefield instead.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
The Old Man And The Sea

Global fish stocks are massively depleted. Both the old man and the young boy have their homes flooded by rising sea levels

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Doctor J Off posted:

Steppenwolf
A lifelong incel works on his great exhortation against the modern world, posting great volumes on Internet forums about how sensitive, nice guys are doomed to isolation. Through a chance meeting, he meets a blue haired woman playing Pokémon go, and through her he is introduced to the enriching world of anime fandom.
And about 90% of the way through the story he realises that the blue haired woman was just an avatar he made inside his oculus rift all along

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
Waiting for Godot

Two guys look up sports scores on their phones for two acts.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish - All of the world's dolphins mysteriously dissappear, turns out the Japanese were to blame

Worldshatter fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 21, 2016

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
ESTRAGON: Let's go.
VLADIMIR: We can't.
ESTRAGON: Why not?
VLADIMIR: Free WiFi.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The Iliad

NATO tries to bring down a Middle Eastern dictatorship but bitch rear end Achilles won't pitch in his share of annual military spending.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

The Golden Bough: This non-fiction classic has been updated with an in-depth analysis of modern myths such as Harry Potter, Disney's Frozen, and the popular videogame series Dark Souls.

I appreciated the humor in this post.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Beowulf: a creepy loner living in his single mom's basement commits a brutal spree killing at a nearby frat party full of popular kids.

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.
The Things They Carried: Some crusty geezer reeking of unfiltered Pall Malls sits down next to you at the bar and won't take the hint that you really don't care about his stories about Viet-loving-nam. He won't stop staring at your girlfriend's cleavage either.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Swiss Family Robinson: fed up with their country's dedication to Zero Population Growth, a Swiss couple with six kids arrive at an island nature reserve and unleash a savage ecocide.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The (((Merchant))) of Venice

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

lenoon posted:

The Canterbury Tales

A diverse group of travellers listen to podcasts and stare out of the window of the train. They desperately try to avoid making eye contact with each other and are silent throughout the journey.

I wanted to do this book but your take is unbeatable.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
The Count of Monte Cristo

goon gets banned; re-regs and brutally doxxes the mod

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Fahrenheit 451 Big gubbament send shitposters out into the world to delete forum posts and poorly moderate threads

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Journey to the West

After getting into an argument with his father, Sun Wukong is sent to UCLA instead of Harvard where he studies programming. He encounters a group of nerds that include an old stoner and two ugly nerds. They develop a disruptive app and earn millions.

Testikles fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 22, 2016

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Little Women by The Mods

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

EoinCannon posted:

The (((Merchant))) of Venice

holy poo poo lol

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
5'd, then un-5'd, so I could 5 it again.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Doctor J Off posted:

Groverhouse of Leaves

I would unironically read the poo poo out of this

A Horse Named Mandy
Feb 9, 2007
A Scanner Darkly: A DEA agent follows TCC's advice.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep: A Realdoll repairman questions his life choices.

Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said: A Youtube celebrity suddenly finds he has no subscribers. He later learns he was hacked by a Tumblr stalker.

UBIK: A tech employee is plunged into Silicon Valley and watches in horror as his coworkers are poached by start-ups while he comes to grips with living in a world of make-believe.

VALIS: Imagine four pink lasers on the edge of a cliff. God works the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
gently caress, those PKD ones are good

• Locked thread