Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

how is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

its loving crazy fun, like id pay at least 900 dollars for this poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BBG has one and can post about it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

bbg im seriously sneaking over to your loving house to play your poo poo, im going to find it out. i dont think were that far away that you shouldnt take this threat as a reality

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm asking cause I have some money set aside for a big gaming purchase but I wanna know its worth it

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

the demo I tried was pretty cool. if I had a ps4 and no kids id be all over it. right now it's tough to convince my wife that I need a $900 magic helmet that transports me to a world where I can't hear the baby cry and I accidentally backhand the kids if they get too close.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i want one for sims, but at the same time, like what if the phone rings while i'm using it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the Brooklyn gamer loft except it's like the nebuchadnezzar and everyone is plugged in at all times, soft chuckles heard occasionally as someone draws a big 7/11 logo in cyberspace

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I want to try one of these, they seem excellent.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'm unfortunately one of those folks who gets motion sickness real easily from VR, but the demo unit was fun for as long as I could stomach it (the EVE game is suprisingly good stuff from an MMO maker.)

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FactsAreUseless posted:

I want to try one of these, they seem excellent.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Are there demo kiosks in places and can I play Rez on them, because that's all I want to do

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Are there demo kiosks in places and can I play Rez on them, because that's all I want to do
Depending on where you live the old Best Buy should still have a demo unit up.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

I'm unfortunately one of those folks who gets motion sickness real easily from VR, but the demo unit was fun for as long as I could stomach it (the EVE game is suprisingly good stuff from an MMO maker.)

I didn't think eve benefitted from the VR that much since I was looking forward the whole time, just better situational awareness with peripheral vision. The battlezone demo I played did more with that, like having an intentionally bad HUD that forced me to look down to check ammo or whatever.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

my frend got one and i tried it and its epic.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bill Barber posted:

Depending on where you live the old Best Buy should still have a demo unit up.

Nice. Gonna try and get Mom to take me Sunday if anyone else wants a ride

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

My friend got one and I played Rez for like an hour while everyone else watched and complained, it was incredible

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

went back to my friends house again tonight and had a LOT of fun with his unit. I had been practicing a bunch on that vr game the London Heist (basically a gangster game where you shoot guys) and had an incredible moment.

after dying a few times and raging, i stood back and meditated in a power stance. thats when I felt this deep chill wash over me.mI trusted my gamer instincts. I restarted,and took a deep, long breath , centering myself, and nodded to my friend (sensing even with the headset on where he was in the room, Jedi style) and nodded to him. He knew that I was now in the zone and that was his queue to play this over the surround sound Sonos system: https://youtu.be/rAq-_nZ1yns?t=52s

as soon as I heard the notes I went into Beast mode, twiling around the motion controllers and effortlessly headshotting all the enemies, perfectly timng my reloads, spinning and cartwheeling thriugh the air (no small feet consider im 325 lbs) running up the wall and backflipping off it while shooting, all in perfect sync with the music, basically doing gun ballet (Or Gunkata if you're familiar with Equilibrium ) and clearing the stage in record breaking time without even taking a single hit. A girl who was there actually asked me for my number later that evening.

All in all, the PSVR is epic, and I can't WAIT to go back tomorrow to play some more.

edit: fixed link.

Retarded_Clown_ fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 23, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

went back to my friends house again tonight and had a LOT of fun with his unit. I had been practicing a bunch on that vr game the London Heist (basically a gangster game where you shoot guys) and had an incredible moment.

after dying a few times and raging, i stood back and meditated in a power stance. thats when I felt this deep chill wash over me.mI trusted my gamer instincts. I restarted,and took a deep, long breath , centering myself, and nodded to my friend (sensing even with the headset on where he was in the room, Jedi style) and nodded to him. He knew that I was now in the zone and that was his queue to play this over the surround sound Sonos system: https://youtu.be/rAq-_nZ1yns?t=52s

as soon as I heard the notes I went into Beast mode, twiling around the motion controllers and effortlessly headshotting all the enemies, perfectly timng my reloads, spinning and cartwheeling thriugh the air (no small feet consider im 325 lbs) running up the wall and backflipping off it while shooting, all in perfect sync with the music, basically doing gun ballet (Or Gunkata if you're familiar with Equilibrium ) and clearing the stage in record breaking time without even taking a single hit. A girl who was there actually asked me for my number later that evening.

All in all, the PSVR is epic, and I can't WAIT to go back tomorrow to play some more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In all seriousness though they should make a Max Payne VR game where you initiate bullet time by actually doing matrix poses and then unloading on nameless mooks with dual Uzis and grenades

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

In all seriousness though they should make a Max Payne VR game where you initiate bullet time by actually doing matrix poses and then unloading on nameless mooks with dual Uzis and grenades

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training posted:

that would be chill.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's pretty neat. I played the horror game demo and RE7 is gonna gently caress me up in January

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love mine

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
The PSVR is awesome, tracking can be a bit meh, mostly on the controllers, I prefer my Vive by a lot, but if you only have a PS4 or you have a budget limit go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://clips.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv/LivelyGaurWutFace

• Locked thread