Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What if you thought the Stepmania block was excruciating but you still kinda like IIDX?

u wan gently caress posted:

I've never watched a twitch stream before, but I know what I am doing this weekend now.

Does that mean you've never watched a GDQ event? In that case, you're in for a treat with the Tetris Grandmaster blocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I know this game is hard as gently caress but it's still weird watching them struggle with TGM1 after being spoiled by a couple GDQs of watching KevinDDR wreck the poo poo out of this game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Man, who decided to put the G&g / splatterhouse runs in the middle of the night? I tried my best but I couldn't stay up for them. Thank goodness for playbacks I guess.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The part of Crimefighters where he beats the one guy within an inch of his life to make him follow him around fixing his hair is hilarious.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Well, it was pretty decent overall from what I saw, but I kinda feel like they could've stood to put more actual arcade games in rather than glorified NES ports, and it seemed pretty unnecessary to go through the second loop on most of them (although I guess that's part of the 1cc / score run standard or something? but it was kind of tedious to watch). It's not like there's a lack of arcade games to play, right? It would've been nice if they put more of the actual arcade games during daytime hours instead of overnight, too.
But if this is the first one they've ever done, so if they plan on making it a regular thing then hopefully they'll improve things as they go and attract more talent in the future. It's a nice thing to have between GDQs since this is not the kind of thing I'd seek out to watch otherwise.

flyboi posted:

Beatmania IIDX is considered one of if not hardest of the music games out there so it scares a lot of people off. There are however approachable games you could check out such as Jubeat (most popular for people new to bemani), Pop'N Music, Sound Voltex or if you need to meme it up and be gross Osu!

Playing at home I would suggest Jubeat if you have an iPad as it's on the App Store or Osu! (Sorry if I triggered anyone suggesting Osu!)

I assume by "Osu!" you mean something other than the Ouendan games on DS, because it would make me sad to know that there are people out there that hate Ouendan.

• Locked thread