Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Gonna have the trifecta of TGM, IIDX, and shmups all in this. Those are probably the 3 hardest and most impressive categories of video games out there, so should be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Konstantin posted:

I was hyped for DDR, but the guy they have playing isn't that good, plus commentating over the songs kind of ruins it.

Missed the block, but didn't they have Fungah playing? He is either the best or 2nd best player in the world depending on who you ask.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DanAdamKOF posted:

I'm here assisting Twitch staff with A/V and cabinet related things. I 1cc'd some soldering and other tinkering off-stream!

Are we gonna see a cold solder point re-ignition WR on camera at some point?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

u wan gently caress posted:

Is there something I am missing about IIDX? It seems like a cool game, but 3 hours of prime time to watch what seemed like some buddies just playing songs was kinda weird. The doubles run last night was interesting but I would have preferred some 1v1 challenge play or something. Some other games that seemed more interesting from a playthrough and commentary perspective got put in some bogus time slots comparatively.

IIDX is a pretty poor competitive game as far as on-the-spot competitions go, especially in the US where there aren't that many really high level players - I think there are 2 dudes, with PHNX being one of them, in all of NA that would stand a chance on the world stage so to speak, and that chance would still be very very low. Unless you had those 2 players facing off, or found 2 other players of close skill level further down the line to face off with each other, it would be a stomp. The more relevant competitive aspect of the game is the built in score tracker and leaderboards. You can compare your own score to anyone else on the network and set your own rivals to compete with friends. With the nature of how skill progression in the game works though, it's likely that the majority of your scores are gonna be lower than someone else who is even just a little better than you.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
https://mpdavis.bandcamp.com/track/kill-screen-explicit

:sax: :sax: :sax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Demicol posted:

Why does anyone care about the community around a music game. Just play the songs and have fun.

From what I can understand, most of the Osu players are from South America, and carry with them the same stereotypes as South American players of any other online F2P game.

Also, the creator of the game programmed the game to take screenshots of user desktops upon login and remotely, and said it was a "security" feature to prevent people from cheating in leaderboards. There was a controversy recently because someone outted him for doing so and posted the source code as proof.

• Locked thread