Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

a neat cape posted:

Yeah tons of those top elite WRs win superbowls. Like Fitz and Megatron and Andre Johnson and Julio and Dez and Antonio Brown and AJ Green.

Wait

We already have two Superbowls. They don't not win Superbowls either. Like Marvin Harrison won a Superbowl and Larry Fitzgerald did. Rod Woodson never won a Superbowl but then came to the Ravens and won one. And the Rams had Torrey Smith and Isaac Bruce and won Superbowls with them. Same with the 49ers and Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens. Yeah you don't just win a Superbowl because you have one great player. But it means I want to see those top flight players on the Ravens again so I can get more excited.

Right now we don't really have a guy I'm aching to see win a Superbowl with my team. Before we had guys like Ed Reed who had never gotten one after years here or Ray Rice(this was before his misdeeds) or Ngata or even Joe Flacco. And of course Ray Lewis again. But now we don't have those guys. Those new guys fighting for a championship. They're all guys I could take or leave. Except maybe Steve Smith but he's hurt all the time.

So that's why I want these top receivers. A new sort of thing we haven't ever had before that I can get behind.

edit: And yeah we had Boldin. And he would count, but we misused him for most of his time here. I liked Boldin when he was on the Cardinals and was hoping all the time we would somehow get him and was hyped up when we did. But then that idiot Cam Cameron tried to jam him into his system he wasn't made for instead of adjusting to accommodate him. And so we wasted most of his career but the Superbowl run was a good silver lining that at least he did get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Grittybeard posted:

He tied for the lead in receptions and was the leader in yards last year. I don't feel particularly strongly about this but there's an argument for him there.

Im more interested in discussing the overuse of "generational talent" in sports rhetoric. Unless a new generation is every 4 or 5 years.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

We already have two Superbowls. They don't not win Superbowls either. Like Marvin Harrison won a Superbowl and Larry Fitzgerald did.

When did this happen

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

chick in the back instinctively opening her legs

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a new study bible! posted:

Im more interested in discussing the overuse of "generational talent" in sports rhetoric. Unless a new generation is every 4 or 5 years.

Average NFL career is 3-4 years, so yeah it's probably a correct usage. Generation doesn't always mean literally the duration of the human reproductive cycle from conception to physical maturity.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

When did this happen

Spoiler that poo poo. I haven't watched the 2017 season yet.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Can confirm that having a great WR owns. Having a great and a very good one is even better.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

When did this happen

Oh sorry I meant to type "went to one".

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
*pokes head in thru window" Did I hear someone say great wide receivers?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kawalimus posted:

Oh sorry I meant to type "went to one".

I think you would throw a bigger hissy fit if the Ravens went to a Super Bowl and lost than if the Ravens actually had the 3-13 season you keep whining about.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

*pokes head in thru window" Did I hear someone say great wide receivers?

Chichevache posted:

You must be ------------this tall to be included in the conversation

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Chichevache posted:

I think you would throw a bigger hissy fit if the Ravens went to a Super Bowl and lost than if the Ravens actually had the 3-13 season you keep whining about.

I would be annoyed. Cause the Ravens are now the only team to have been to multiple Superbowls and not lost unless that's changed but I don't think it has. So if we go we had better win. The best part about that record?? We murdered our two other rivals ourselves!! :cool:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

a new study bible! posted:

my favorite new thing is how every running back has "a rare size/speed combination"

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'm sure there's some practice squad WR with hands of stone who's the most freakish physical specimen in the league.

It's Jeff Janis and he has brains of stone, not hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Brannock posted:

It's Jeff Janis and he has brains of stone, not hands

Me and Al wanted him on the raiders real bad.

• Locked thread