Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Packers second stringers defeat the Bears practice squad.

This game gave me the same feeling as when you cheer for the kid with Down Syndrome when they hand him the ball and the defense parts the way and he stumbles into the end zone all smiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Good use of the tag.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions defense is pathetic, but even they didn't let Davante Adams catch TWO touchdown passes against them. Atrocious!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Shangri-Law School posted:

The Lions defense is pathetic, but even they didn't let Davante Adams catch TWO touchdown passes against them. Atrocious!

Bears were without some of their starting corners - most of their pass defense consisted of just biting hard on the first move and grabbing the guy if it was a double.

Rodgers looked slightly better than last week, but was still off on a greater than average number of throws. The second TD to Adams would have been a pick 6 if the defender turned around.

Sorry we broke Hoyer. I'm sure he'll have a great 5-6 game stretch with the next team he signs with.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

haha that's loving awesome.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Rodgers cleaned up some of his recent bad habits. He wasn't dancing around and waiting to throw. Quick decisive throws work better than dancing around and chucking it up.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Leon Einstein posted:

Rodgers cleaned up some of his recent bad habits. He wasn't dancing around and waiting to throw. Quick decisive throws work better than dancing around and chucking it up.

Bears cure most problems. That said 4-2 is normally enough to lock up the central but Vikings are magic this year.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Matt Barkley against that Viking defense is gonna be a treat

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

mastershakeman posted:

Matt Barkley against that Viking defense is gonna be a treat

I bet Cutler plays.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol imagine giving a poo poo about the bears

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Chicago is too busy feeling the power of Cubbymania to even care about the Bears, brother

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Chicago is too busy feeling the power of Cubbymania to even care about the Bears, brother

Is it gonna be Cubs vs. Indians? LOL

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I like the thread title

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Leon Einstein posted:

I bet Cutler plays.

And then gets hurt by the Vikings D since he'll be behind two backup Gs and Bobby Massie, so we'll get Barkley the rest of the year. :gonk:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

got any sevens posted:

I like the thread title

Very nouveau retro Something Awful. I'd say a pre-Gendo 2009 vintage? Back in the glory days when Joe Pa was just a regular ol' old bastard we all hate. Not the monster we know he actually was today.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 22, 2016

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol imagine giving a poo poo about the bears

i like it when we beat the bears.

one game under .500 on the all-time record now.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Time for Jared Goff to start.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
giants defense good
giants offense bad

ill take 4-3

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Rashad Jennings - 13 carries for 25 yards (1.9 YPC)
Paul Perkins - 4 carries for 12 yards (3 YPC)
Bobby Rainey - 1 carry for 1 yard

all against 6-7 man boxes and safeties 15+ yards off the ball. Please get a half decent offensive line and running back and tight end at some point.

Thank you Case, Tavon, and Brian Quick

oh and gently caress London games

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
That win should probably not inspire confidence in Giants fans, playing loose enough with a one score lead that the case keenum rams can match down the field and be one hilarious fuckup away from OT is not exactly good d

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

DariusLikewise posted:

Time for Jared Goff to start.

he isn't even as good as Case Keenum yet.

dude is gonna bust so hard

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Today's Giants' win helped solidify that they are a bad bad team.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 23, 2016

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Phobeste posted:

That win should probably not inspire confidence in Giants fans, playing loose enough with a one score lead that the case keenum rams can match down the field and be one hilarious fuckup away from OT is not exactly good d

lol if you think giants fans are ever confident

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
for the aftermath thread:

https://twitter.com/xmasape/status/790230081692012546

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jared Goff has been dead for years

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

that was a quick takedown

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/790234672206938112

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Iodised QQ posted:

Rashad Jennings - 13 carries for 25 yards (1.9 YPC)
Paul Perkins - 4 carries for 12 yards (3 YPC)
Bobby Rainey - 1 carry for 1 yard

all against 6-7 man boxes and safeties 15+ yards off the ball. Please get a half decent offensive line and running back and tight end at some point.

Thank you Case, Tavon, and Brian Quick

oh and gently caress London games

No you see spread formations are the future of the NFL, no power sets, no fullbacks, 1st and goal on the 1? 4 WR SPREAD EM OUT!

I hate this McAdoo offense with the burning fire of a thousand suns.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
as a st. louis rams fan, I am very pleased with the result of today's game. I was a little worried a few weeks ago when the rams were off to a 3-1 start, but thankfully Fisher and the LA rams have righted the ship to fall below .500.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
gently caress if i was waking up at 630 in the goddamn morning to watch a lovely london game

No regrets, but hey, Giants finally got some turnovers and won a game looking real lovely

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hate football

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

*kisses fingers*

Manifique!

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
It's amazing on so many levels. Obviously Keenum is expecting the receiver to keep running, but the defender is still in great position for that, and Keenum isn't exactly putting it somewhere only his receiver can reach. He just makes an instant read to throw what would at best be a 50-50 ball. And then the route that the receiver actually runs requires him to get like five YAC just to get the first down.

There is just no way that Goff would actually be worse than this.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Metapod posted:

I hate football
It's been a hilarious game

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I'm convinced that the natural state of a football fan (non Patriots) is constant pessimism/fatalism

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

NattyBo posted:

I'm convinced that the natural state of a football fan (non Patriots) is constant pessimism/fatalism

It's really the only way to live.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

big money big clit posted:

It's really the only way to live.

Self defense mechanism IMO

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Jaguars are poopy

Adbot