Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Hizawk posted:

Seriously, is Stafford this year's MVP this far? Is there anyone close?

Matt Ryan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Its dumb as poo poo but at least the ref told him to stop instead of just throwing the flag like usual

Oh he was flagged for this.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
So Gase got through to the Dolphins. Too bad it's going to result in a poo poo draft position. :v:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man Tunsil and Albert are pure studs

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

rosters not particularly different than it was when the ravens were winning a lot, they have just been getting owned by a massive amount of injuries and have had large turnovers in coaching and the like so theyve never much gotten into a groove with anything. its a very deep team with a few standout players but none of them are on offense and none of them are pass rushers so they dont have as huge of a leverage on games as some other teams top talent so once their real strength, depth gets completely obliterated by the injury luck theres not a lot to the team.

i think firing harbs would be an insane move for morons but if you wanted to fire him this would be the year, next year these crop of very good rookies is going to make a jump, guys like doom and steve smith wont be on the team so theres less Old Injured Dudes and even tho i basically said this verbatim last year, just due to regression to the mean this team will not be so banged up next year. all of that together makes a cushy job for a new coach hire and its likely to give him some immediate success. its still very dumb to fire harbs tho

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ghost Dog posted:

rosters not particularly different than it was when the ravens were winning a lot, they have just been getting owned by a massive amount of injuries and have had large turnovers in coaching and the like so theyve never much gotten into a groove with anything. its a very deep team with a few standout players but none of them are on offense and none of them are pass rushers so they dont have as huge of a leverage on games as some other teams top talent so once their real strength, depth gets completely obliterated by the injury luck theres not a lot to the team.

i think firing harbs would be an insane move for morons but if you wanted to fire him this would be the year, next year these crop of very good rookies is going to make a jump, guys like doom and steve smith wont be on the team so theres less Old Injured Dudes and even tho i basically said this verbatim last year, just due to regression to the mean this team will not be so banged up next year. all of that together makes a cushy job for a new coach hire and its likely to give him some immediate success. its still very dumb to fire harbs tho

Kawalimus is right. Ravens are trash.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm 0/7 in Titans predictions for my pickem so far.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Amy Pole Her posted:

Man Tunsil and Albert are pure studs

I wish Albert wasn't towards the backend of his career. And that he could stay healthy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the oakland raiders have won a home game

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ghost Dog posted:

The Ravens haven't had more than 10 regular season wins since 2011. We really haven't been winning a whole lot. The rosters are a lot different from then.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
My only solace in times like these are the Saints successfully executing an onside kick to start the second half against Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl.

Nothing can ever take that away from me.

gently caress the Colts.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens haven't had more than 10 regular season wins since 2011. We really haven't been winning a whole lot. The rosters are a lot different from then.

Ya 2012 must have been a really tough season.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ya 2012 must have been a really tough season.

For a while it looked like the Ravens wouldn't even make the playoffs. We lost three in a row at one point to make us 9-5 and things were in doubt. One of those losses was at home to Charlie Batch. Yeah it all worked out in the end(largely thanks to a loss to the Redskins that saw Harbaugh react by firing Cameron), but the Ravens weren't considered a real contender at all until the Denver game. It felt like our window had probably closed at a lot of points later on that season.

Denver blew the Ravens out in Baltimore in the regular season. I don't think anybody picked them to win the Superbowl going into those playoffs.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Iodised QQ posted:

Rashad Jennings - 13 carries for 25 yards (1.9 YPC)
Paul Perkins - 4 carries for 12 yards (3 YPC)
Bobby Rainey - 1 carry for 1 yard

all against 6-7 man boxes and safeties 15+ yards off the ball. Please get a half decent offensive line and running back and tight end at some point.

Thank you Case, Tavon, and Brian Quick

oh and gently caress London games

The Giants' o-line is mediocre at best, but really the problem with the team is that their run play design is some unimaginitive garbage. It's mostly inside zones & draw runs, very little pulling or letting the o-linemen come forward with Eli under center. It's really dumb.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/790320483518574592

my rb with no knees i luv u

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Aftermath: I am eating my unhappiness with today's result

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somewhere, Marcell Dareus lights up

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Somewhere, Marcell Dareus lights up

Didn't he already get suspended for that

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

compositions practicaly identical honestly. some above average wrs but no world beater, ok line(when healthy) really good front 7, suspect at times secondary. maybe the Missing Ingredient is a ray...one who did Nothing Wrong hrrrm

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The 49ers sure are terrible and hurt.

Note, they aren't terrible because they're hurt. They have been hurt in the act of being terrible.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The players were better then. Anquan Boldin was awesome when we used him in the slot he had 4 TDs that postseason and close to 400 yards total. Also the offensive line that postseason was nuts. McKinnie(motivated and playing great), Osemele, Birk, and Yanda all playing well. Oher being the only weak link at RT and he wasn't ruinously bad at that time or anything. Basically Boldin's proper use plus Flacco and the line both playing at their highest potential level is what won us that Superbowl. I don't see that sort of potential from this team. I like Wallace but he's no Boldin. I don't see that kind of potential on this team, not run by these nincompoops anyway. The one year we were decent since then was with Kubiak. Harbaugh has to go.

On that subject I pretty much feel Harbaugh is gone unless he either makes the playoffs or has us looking much better by the end of the year. His gambit of firing Trestman didn't work because we look just as bad now. He has no clue what he's doing.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
The 49ers suck rear end.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Aguayo is now 6/11 on FG and 8/9 on xtra points.

But Bucs win so yay

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

The players were better then. Anquan Boldin was awesome when we used him in the slot he had 4 TDs that postseason and close to 400 yards total. Also the offensive line that postseason was nuts. McKinnie(motivated and playing great), Osemele, Birk, and Yanda all playing well. Oher being the only weak link at RT and he wasn't ruinously bad at that time or anything. Basically Boldin's proper use plus Flacco and the line both playing at their highest potential level is what won us that Superbowl. I don't see that sort of potential from this team. I like Wallace but he's no Boldin. I don't see that kind of potential on this team, not run by these nincompoops anyway. The one year we were decent since then was with Kubiak. Harbaugh has to go.

On that subject I pretty much feel Harbaugh is gone unless he either makes the playoffs or has us looking much better by the end of the year. His gambit of firing Trestman didn't work because we look just as bad now. He has no clue what he's doing.

steve smith has produced about as good or better than boldin did here. if all youve got for how much better they were was 1 wr then idk what to tell you, the ravens arent one anquan boldin short of suddenly being 7-0. the healthy roster is uncannily similar to all of the harbaugh ravens teams. i see no holes on this team that werent on the others, the ravens have been very consistent in how they build their teams.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Anquan Boldin didn't produce as well here because he wasn't used properly. As soon as we started using him properly he went back to what his old numbers were like. I like Smith but he's always hurt and I don't think can have a postseason like Boldin had that year.

Also our line now even when healthy doesn't have that same potential as that line did. They played unreal, and it was positive feedback. It was like they played great so Flacco played great, and Flacco was playing great and made them even better. So we didn't have to rely on Ray Rice's useless(at that time) rear end to get us around.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Just glad it wasn't a total blowout. I still hate Landry Jones

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Bell is crazy good

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
the injuries for the steelers are just loving ridiculous. it's incredible this patchwork poo poo hasn't completely fallen apart. if everyone can get healthy they'll be really good but i don't think that's ever going to happen. it's pretty sad on the patriots part that they didn't win that game by 20+

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Won the game without any obvious injuries while the Bills lost.

Good day for the Patriots.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

perfect afc north weekend god bless america

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress my garbage NFL quarterback and my lovely head coach.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Harbs not going anywhere unless you're secretly ozzie

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
He is secretly Dick Vermeil

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
We have reached that part of the season when the Falcons rip off 6 losses in a row and we all forget they were ever good

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Oberst posted:

Harbs not going anywhere unless you're secretly ozzie

There's a very good chance Harbaugh is gone. If we lose to the Browns it cements it. Right now I'd say it's about 50/50.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
The Chargers choked in OT. Shocker.

Wait, what?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Bucs are a half game back for the division lead :toot:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Firing Harbaugh would be funny. He'd be unemployed for about 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Falcons fraud alert.

• Locked thread