Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Anyone know the details of how damage is calculated for sections where two type of armor overlap ?

I wonder if its worth it to "double dip" on the chest and shoulders where a good % of the hits lands by wearing a metal torso covering shoulders + Cloth pauldrons to protect against both Slash and Blunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iringahn
Oct 31, 2011
Are you guys actively using the legion these days? I'm posting in the GD thread regardless.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I never used it for chat since chat is poo poo.

I do use it for the 3% bonus it gives.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Third World Reggin posted:

I never used it for chat since chat is poo poo.

I do use it for the 3% bonus it gives.

Same. I wonder what else they might do with the legions, though.

Iringahn
Oct 31, 2011
To be honest i wanted the 3% as well, someone accepted my application. Its weird that you can't really even see legions in duel mode very well, at the loading screen is about it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Been playing this lately, game owns. Whole lot of dudes wearing roman plate sprinting around mulching people with battleaxes lol

They recently added an East Coast server, only for Command PvP right now, but it's been pretty solid.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

it is too late for this to matter but they added in later tier troops

Wei

Shu

Rome

Wu pictures small, no why

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 10, 2017

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it is too late for this to matter but they added in later tier troops

siiiiick

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yah I really want that armor set if I could wear it, just loving lol at that mask

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Oh wow that does look cool. So many of the good looking armors are horse-disabling though.

Why is there no :mongol: flag with a crying horse.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
This game seems rad as hell, never heard of it. Downloading now.

Are most goons playing on the same faction? I'm leaning towards Rome or Wu.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

factions only give you starting equipment

they do nothing after that but you can't rebuy your own faction starting equipment or buy other peoples faction starting equipment.

It really doesn't matter. Oh except I think roman generals speak english.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

factions only give you starting equipment

they do nothing after that but you can't rebuy your own faction starting equipment or buy other peoples faction starting equipment.

It really doesn't matter. Oh except I think roman generals speak english.

Don't factions have entirely different troops and units? That's what all the pictures in the OP suggest... :confused:

E: It says it works like world of tanks, so I presume you have to level up each faction separate. Yes?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh sorry. Yah you create a general and get told what faction do you want to be at the start.

After that, you keep the same general but can use any troops you want.

As for troops, play what ever. The new match making system lets you pick any troops you have in that tier bracket once a match is found but before it starts. Experienced earned is in a by faction and by tier bracket setting. So If you want to play just wei pike, you can use their exp to buy the other wei troops in the same tier bracket.

I like wei pike, wu archers, wu pike, and wu infantry the most. But some maps you just need to have cav or crossbows.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Likewise there are 2-3 maps where cavalry is hosed. Best practice is probably to try and unlock at least 1 cav, 1 infantry, and 1 ranged unit so you always have something ok to use.

In the basic tier it doesn't matter though, just play around and see what you like.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The obvious choice on all maps is wu 2h infantry in a ball of death that sucks enemy players in and whacks them on the butt repeatedly with a gigantic paddle. :redass::redass::redass:

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 14, 2017

Zipline
May 9, 2013
:wtc:

That is the first time I have ever used that smilie, and this game is the reason for it.

Mount & Blade gameplay, World of Tanks upgrades and tech tree, Age of Wushu item usage and activity timer, and all wrapped up in Dynasty Warriors flavor.

Somehow not horrible

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's just kind of a bummer that enemies get more and more annoying to fight the higher up you get.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The down side of this game, like many pvp games, is they added a pve mode and a pvAI mode so most people are in that instead of pvp.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

puberty worked me over posted:

The obvious choice on all maps is wu 2h infantry in a ball of death that sucks enemy players in and whacks them on the butt repeatedly with a gigantic paddle. :redass::redass::redass:

Yes, more people should do this. I need more targets to pincushion as I briskly trot away.

The down side of this game, like many pvp games, is they added a pve mode and a pvAI mode so most people are in that instead of pvp.

PvE mode is so awful though, especially the new map. Who would keep subjecting themselves to that?

Iringahn
Oct 31, 2011

Duel mode seems pretty populated, if only because it will make a match starting with a 1v1 and then just dump more players into the game as they queue up. Epic War, the PVE mode, just gives so much experience especially on a first win of the day, that if you are grinding xp there isn't really a better way to do it. (Assuming you kill things and get S rank)

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
Applied, same name

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

quote:

The Roman Cavalry in Tiger Knight is a typical flexible unit with medium protection. It is designed for mobility and assault and good at throwing javelins to reduce the strength of the enemy. They show tremendous power in melee combat. Some of the advanced units will equip a brand new kind of weapon that has never appeared in the game before: Kontos. We can say for sure that the Roman Cavalry will bring some interesting gameplay to the battlefield.

Also

quote:

In the previous developers’ note, we introduced an exciting new game mode - Ladder Tournament - for you to explore following our next update. In addition, we will be implementing some server upgrades over the coming weekend. We apologize for any brief fluctuation that may be experienced.

quote:

Two Main Modes of Ladder Tournament
Ladder Tournament is the highest level of competition in Tiger Knight, as it fully demonstrates player’s military tactics and martial arts prowess. A new tournament begins every 3 months, and will be open daily for a set time. Due to the fierce competition, generals will be required to have reached at least level 20 to take part. The tournament is divided into Command Mode and Duel Mode divisions with points calculated separately for each, allowing players to choose their preferred mode to participate in

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
I am kinda starting to dig playing archer captain and intercepting enemy attacking them as heavy infantry. It is fun to poke a general and forcing them to fight you and catch arrows in the back or let you attack them.

• Locked thread