Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

:siren: All units are in the game including Rome starting 2/17/2017 :siren:

Tiger Knight: Empire War is a Free-to-Play game best described as chinese mount and blade. Matches consist of two teams and either up to 12 people in Conquest mode, 32 people in duels, or 5 people in PvE. The Conquest mode also has a Siege mode with a defender and attacker. You have the option to turn this off if it gets annoying.

So what is this game?
It is mount and blade with troops that you command while progressing down a world of tanks like tiering system. You can equip yourself with any gear from any of the troops you have unlocked. Want to be a horse archer man? Go play with the horse archer units.

The factions are currently Wu, Wei, Shu, and Rome. Parthia and Vishu are planned for later.

Curren troops in them game.

Wei Troops

Heavy pikemen
The first wei line and a very good lin. The line starts out a bit weak but as you get more formations, they tend to be power houses that will destroy horses but will be defeated by more mobile units and range. Also enjoys spears that you can couch.

Bow Cavalry
These units start at tier 3 and tend to be rather fast harassing units.

Heavy Cavalry
Able to dismount when facing pike units and also has a devastating charge as well as some nice polearms.

Shu Troops

Heavy Infantry
These are really awkward for a few tiers but start shining past tier 7. These troops tend to be your shielded troops with throwing weapons which is useful against many of the range units in the game.

Heavy Crossbows
Devastating to most troops that can’t close the gap and able to shoot across most of the map in a sniper mode. Later on they get repeating crossbows.

Crossbow Cavalry
Rather strange units that never seem to do the damage that is needed but at least they can outrun Wu units.

Wu Troops

Heavy Infantry
These are really fast high dps melee troops that have poor armor and will die to bows or skirmishers. They perform well when their flurry attack is up and running but poorly at other times. They tend to use two handed swords or bats.

Heavy Pikemen
Really fast spearmen that jump between spear and shield or long spear. Also has a long oar as a weapon. Consider them higher dps than wei pikemen but less likely to hold a defensive position.

Bowmen
These are the artillery units in the game. If they can’t shoot at an arc in artillery mode, they will start firing in mortar mode where they just aim almost straight up. They are pretty good and can support your team from your own base on most maps.

Rome
They took roman troops throughout the ages so you will get early, middle, and late roman infantry. They have plans to expand this faction in the future to auxiliaries. While other teams have adjutants that have formations, roman troops come with formations inherent to them. So testudo is in but only with certain era of roman troops.

quote:

Roman Soldiers Roman Heavy Infantry Roman Heavy Infantry is equipped with a short sword, large shield and heavy javelin. Their melee attack ability is limited, but they are highly skilled in defense. Their heavy javelin can deal large amounts of damage in mid/long range distance for a short time.

Skills of Roman Soldiers
- Charging throw: Command soldiers to attack the enemies within a designated area. The power of the attack is stronger the longer you charge, and can beat back enemies and make horses stagger.
- Testudo Formation:Grant soldiers with high defense, which can also taunt enemy soldiers.
- The Wedge: The Wedge is an attack formation used to tear apart the opponent's frontline. This attack formation is composed of a triangle of Legionary. When attacking, this formation wedges into the enemy's battle formation by causing enemy troops to disperse and collapse.
- The Orb: The Orb is a defense formation used to encircle and protect your troops. This defense formation requires highly disciplined Legionary. When in a crisis, this formation protects troops that are separated and surrounded by the enemy.
- Repel Cavalry:“Repel Cavalry is a Legion battle tactic used to repel opponent cavalry. When implementing this tactic, Legionary uses their shields to form a shield wall and use Pilum to attack and drive away enemy horsemen.
- Hold shield and throw: Order soldiers to throw javelin to designated area while they use shield to defend.
- Hurl and Strike: Order soldiers to hurl their weapons towards an area and then charge into it. Enemies hit by the attack will get reduces defense and movement speed for a while.
- See more at: http://tk-en.oasgames.com/news/update-announcement0-1-73.shtml#sthash.zG8dYgE4.dpuf

The game UI will be familiar if you have ever played world of tanks with an exception. Your adjutants are your tanks, which means if you go into a battle and die fast then quit out, you have to wait for that battle to end to use that adjutant again. If you have a second adjutant, then you can enter another fight.

With this roman update they are changing it. Will update this tomorrow.

quote:

New Interface Since the game was launched, we have received a lot of feedback and suggestions regarding the lobby interface. In this update, we have introduced a major redesign to make the lobby simpler and more user-friendly. Please continue to provide feedback concerning this new design, as we aim to further improve and refine the user experience.

The adjutants come in several tiers, give you some basic formations, and allow you to remotely order your troops once they rank up. They also have a loyalty which is how well your troops fight which is trained by just using him in battles.

Chinese adjutants will come with formations for your troops and their own special ability while Roman adjutants are standard bearers. These are not locked to a faction.

We have a goon guild, it doesn't do anything for you and you have to apply. You can press T for taunt in the middle of a fight and plant a flag with a carp on it though.

How to play with goons
Step 1. Get your character to level 10.
Step 2. Click Legion.
Step 3. Click Goon.
Step 4. Apply.
Step 5. Post in thread and let me know.
If it says you are too low of a level go to Step 1.

Things added since you last played
All factions are in
Server had lag issues
They fixed it
Server had lag issues
They fixed it
Changed tiering - T1-4, T5-7, T8-10. Lower tier units get more troops.
You can now choose your units once a match has launched but before it started.
Conquest mode changed from 5v5 to 6v6
Premades have a higher chance to face premades. Solo people have a higher chance to face solo players.
Experience is now based on tiers and faction. You can use that experience on anything within that tier and faction. Free experience is still a thing.
Some skills on units were changed.
New skills added to the game.
The flags/power ups on the map don't open up for a few minutes.

How to deal with Multichop
Most people will see sailors in white and not have any idea how to deal with them. Wu infantry tend to have access to multichop while other troops do not have access to it as often. Multichop generally has a long cool down but that gets reduced as you tier up.

If you see someone doing it, move away, let their duration expire, then move in. You don't have to smash your troops into the enemy at the start and most wu players will pop that a little before combat so they can maximize it. Just know the duration of it in that tier and play accordingly. Wu troops are fast and so may chase some of your guys down so expect some losses. Or you know, let the archer on your team destroy them.

Here are some images, idiots

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Carthago delenda est

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Anal Papist posted:

Carthago delenda est

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx

Anal Papist posted:

Carthago delenda est

What the hell does this game have to do with Carthage?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Anal Papist posted:

Carthago delenda est

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Wow if the game is like commander battle from m&b nap wars its gonna be sweet.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Here is a video of expected gameplay. Like literally world of tanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIzP8PKZJ7Q

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if I will be able to p2w me some Gold Arrows and Pikes :allears:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

You always find the quality ones grithok.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

I wonder if I will be able to p2w me some Gold Arrows and Pikes :allears:

Got you covered, look at the right side

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

randombattle posted:

You always find the quality ones grithok.

China made a better world of warships and it is a shame not many people play their version.

There is a good chance this is an ok game and an equal chance this will be full of CLICK HERE CLICK NOW gambling poo poo.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I TOLD YOU I WOULD MAKE THE WINNING PUTT THREAD

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Can't wait for limited time Lu Bu adjutant gacha!

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I'm so angry at you right now Grithok

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

okay i'm fine now

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

BERGfu posted:

okay i'm fine now

winning putt is poo poo

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

winning putt is poo poo

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

quote:

【Tech】top speed increases by 5% when riding horse

-Tech, top speed increases by 5 percent, when riding horse

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Game comes out in about 11 hours from now. We finally figurd out when 18:00 pm PDT is.

Already good signs, here is their FAQ

http://steamcommunity.com/app/534500/discussions/0/333656722981706391/

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 24, 2016

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx
And Away we go.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh boy is this UI rough.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Trip reports asap please I'm at work and can't play.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

Trip reports asap please I'm at work and can't play.

I have never played mount and blade. This game is fun.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Having fun, will write more later.

UI is bad though.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The game forces you into a tutorial and female avatars are not available.

Platoons are 5 people.

PvE mode is kinda meh.

Roman troops are not in yet, same with parthia and vishu. But you can make a roman general.

Adjutants have formations that give bonuses to certain types of game play. Melee defense + or -, things like that.

If you can't move with WASD, unplug your controller. This is a known issue.

The combat requires you to move your mouse in a direction as you swing. You can carry 4 weapons with you and one can be a shield.

The gear you get is unlocked for your troops and you at the same time. So if you go down an archer tech tree, you will unlock archer armor and weapons that you can use. You can then go use infantry troops and still use archer gear for your self but unlock melee gear for your troops.

The minimap before the start of the game gives you an option to select where you spawn and tell people where you want to go. You can not change that or zoom out on the map once you hit confirm.

There might be built in voip, who knows.

On the map there are 3 power up locations. Health, Bow troops, and gear/horses/arrow/shield repair. They will be random each map.

You can also go back to your base and there is a camp icon that you can go to to refill your troops.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

some screen shots

So adjutants are tied to a troop. If you die in a fight and hop out to play a different troop, you have to have a second adjutant.

Also your weapons have a sweet spot in range where they do more damage.

All armor is based on 3 damage and armor types and there is coverage problems with some. My Wu sailors in tier 3 don't have shoulder or arm coverage.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Looking forward to loving up some cavalry with Wu heavy infantry

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

There is so much armor customization in this thing. It's insane

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also these two are for Drinkfist.

Also doing my usual thing in games and clipping through the floor.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx
Game is really fun.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Put this in the OP with big sirens. It's very important to know how many naked sailors died fighting over a point. Or where a really bad horse commander lost all of his horses to peasants armed with sharpened bamboo poles.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Third World Reggin posted:

You will also bring Adjutants with you and this may or may not be the full list
http://tk-en.oasgames.com/ency/adjutants.shtml

Quite a list!

dickery aside, this does look pretty intriguing.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 25, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ahah they loving removed it, oh well.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Well if nothing else, you guys have made the game intriguing enough to be worth the low low price of Free. I'll give it a shot.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

At least you can pay 18 dollars to be a pretty lady.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

randombattle posted:

At least you can pay 18 dollars to be a pretty lady.

Not even. You get a pretty lady adjutant.

And she screams louder than anything when taking damage.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Update on my adventure as a wu infantry

I look dumb as hell. A wooden two handed sword and armor that covers only one arm.

Thanks to two of those pieces though I can no longer ride horses.

EDIT:

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ozmodai
May 6, 2007

I hate when my sisters barges in and I'm trying to shade the nipples on my Daemonettes UGH GET OUT

This dumb game can be fun.

• Locked thread