Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The biggest legion got to level 2 and gained 20 more spots.

Go level up idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Downloaded this the other day, got stuck in the "punching a dude" tutorial, although alt-tabbing fixed this. Then got stuck in the "press M for map" part, alt-tabbing fixed it, too. Currently I'm stuck in the "send your guys to raid the enemy base" bit of the second map because the enemy general won't appear.

Does this game get any better after I manage to get past the tutorial? I really want to not-M&B. Slashing above the heads of infantry really brought up memories.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Tarezax posted:

Man, my spearguys are horrible at actually killing things. I pretty much have to run in and help them murder things with an axe while they tie enemies up forever.

I only unlocked the spear guys to get the long Lance to poke horses before the rider can even hit me or stab people from 2nd/3rd row. very useful secondary weapon. My dudes and I are going full axe berserker otherwise as it seems only metal offers good protection against that and metal seems pretty much nonexistent at tier 1 to 3 where I mostly play.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Tried this yesterday and i really enjoyed it since i'm a M&B fan.
Started as a roman leading chinese troops, makes total sense.
The only downside is see (i have only tried conquest mode) is just the fact that to me it seems just a rush forward and pick the points rather than a tactical game. It's probably just my bad and i should study roman strategy

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I thought so too, but there is always a recruit point at your base, and depending on the points on your flank, retreating from a battle, regrouping and re-attacking is a valid option and has won me a few battles. Something that is impossible in the other area-type games I play, like War Thunder or other F2P tank games, cause I like tanks and medival weaponry.... turns out, I'm also fine with ancient chinese weaponry.

At least if all of those are really weapons of the time, otherwise I'm fine with whatever nice weaponry they collected from whatever time and or place.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Not at home right now but I have an account and I'm totally willing to join the next time I have a chance. My ingame name is VerdantS.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Fat Samurai posted:

Downloaded this the other day, got stuck in the "punching a dude" tutorial, although alt-tabbing fixed this. Then got stuck in the "press M for map" part, alt-tabbing fixed it, too. Currently I'm stuck in the "send your guys to raid the enemy base" bit of the second map because the enemy general won't appear.

Does this game get any better after I manage to get past the tutorial? I really want to not-M&B. Slashing above the heads of infantry really brought up memories.

It does, for some reason the tutorial in particular is a mess. I believe the plan is to disable it for now, but you must've missed that window.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Anyone know what Loyalty does for adjutants?

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
What would be the purpose of clans/guilds/special interest group for this game? Just group up for the fights?
Is there a goon group?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I got past the tutorial and now the game is fun!

What's the difference between an elite and a non-elite unit? Also, matchmaking does not take into account your gear, just your unit, right?

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

VerdantSquire posted:

Not at home right now but I have an account and I'm totally willing to join the next time I have a chance. My ingame name is VerdantS.

Oh, actually that make take a little longer than I thought. Still too low level to actually join.

Edit: Oh, by the way - How do you actually select a different formation? I see the list when I press f4, but I'm not sure how I use any of them.

VerdantSquire fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 28, 2016

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
AFAICS the Elite status means you have everything unlocked for that unit.

Matchmaking is kinda wonky imo, I get put with people of quite varying levels in PVP and PVE. Maybe 5 levels in the difference v0v

Maybe it's a population/server population thing?

Hit detection on horseback is awkward and the angling of attacks/blocking makes me mad. Enjoying the game a lot though so far!

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

VerdantSquire posted:

Oh, actually that make take a little longer than I thought. Still too low level to actually join.

Edit: Oh, by the way - How do you actually select a different formation? I see the list when I press f4, but I'm not sure how I use any of them.

You cycle through the list of formations by tapping f4 and just leaving one selected will activate it.

Oh and they're tied to your adjutant so if you can't use any it means your adjutant doesn't have any formations for your troop type.

XENA I LOVE YOU fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 28, 2016

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ok, dumb question time. Where do I get a better shield?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Find a troop that has a better shield. Get theirs.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

For the wu berserker problem, shu troops with shield wall seems to do pretty well since the wu berserkers will tire their selves out hitting shields. They don't break them very well.

Dakammer
Apr 24, 2004
- Forum Bass Wizard -
I hit real wu beserker nirvana today and it's awesome. Yangzhou Sailors *obliterate* everything else at that tier (or maybe nobody else bothers using troop specials?): I've been regularly pulling 40-50 kills per game and they really leave you a lot of space to focus on enemy players.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Welp didn't expect to get this at all

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
I'm finding it is getting quite grindy already and my general is only level 12.

What's the best competition to gather gold star rewards?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
This is ike Mount and Blade battle mode and Dynasty Warrior had an ugly but fun baby

The "world of tank" model is grindy, but at least the battle part is fun and not too p2W so far.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
these sorts of games always start out fun and not heavy p2w. pop declines and they crank up the wallet warrior factor. its fun as heck right now though

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Maybe, but so far there is no similar game on the market and its a mix of 2 popular genre, so maybe it stand a better chance.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
press q to kick

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

So there is a channel in mumble, but no one seems to be in it. However I see loads of you on at a time, no one does voice?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

quote:

Dear players
We will update the servers and version, during this time the servers will be maintenance:
The time of update is:
Asia 30/10/2016 15:00 – 17:00 (GMT+8)
Europe 30/10/2016 7:00 – 9:00 (GMT)
North America 30/10/2016 0:00 – 2:00 (GMT-7)
After this maintenance, the game client version will be update from 0.055 to 0.056.

Content of Update

The Halloween Carnival will begin following the last maintenance. Are you ready for the pumpkin head?
1. Halloween-themed Background of the Hall
Once you enter the game, the hall will automatically change itself into Halloween theme. Have fun in the Halloween Carnival!
2. Halloween-themed Quests
Two newly added tasks: Halloween Surprise and Halloween Carnival!
3. Halloween-themed Items
Three newly added Halloween pumpkin heads which can be obtained through accomplishing tasks or purchasing in the store.

Balance Adjustment

General
Charge is an efficient way of breaking the standoff of a battle, but it’s more powerful than necessary. So we adjusted the Charge effect to make it less influential in the battle while still able to exert its impact.
Charge CD is increased for another second.
The collision effect of Charge is lowered.
The charge damage of hammers and axes is decreased by 10%.

Soldier
The ranged capacity of Bingzhou Heavy Cavalry is decreased by 10%.
1-4 level soldier 's catapult ability has been removed
1-4 level soldier add some ability according to their force

BUGs Fixed

PVE interface cannot show soldiers’ ammo.
No camera shake effect when hit on the head by ranged weapons.
Deduct the score even when Cao Chun and Cao Ren attack one another in Parry Talent.
The cheers anomaly in tutorial.
Hitting target anomaly in Specialized Training - Archery .
General name anomaly in battle disposition and TAB interface.
Challenge fails to finish normally or restore position due to high ping.
Increased the score of Guan Yu, Cao Chun and Cao Ren in Parry Talent.
Score anomaly in Challenge.
Data anomaly in Career.
Try to fixed English input method anomaly

Input Method

Sorry about the inconvenience caused by input method anomaly!
For Chinese windows 7 operating system: if stuck, please press shift.
For Windows 10: we do not recommend you to enter the game under Wubi input method since it easily leads to progress jam.
If you enter the game under other input methods and still meet such problem, please switch by pressing ALT+Table.

About client Install location

We suggestion you do not install the client with non English catalogue

Operating systems

We suggestion any 32bit Operating systems do not open DX11, this will use up more computer memories

Adjustment

Skip the tutorial
We do not suggest player skip the tutorial but you can do this now when you quit the battle field and choose skip tutorial, you still can’t skip it directly. Pay attention you can’t get the reward when you do this but you still can finish this and get the reward by choose the tutorial mode.

Able to jump to the upgrade line of equipment.
Tiger Knight differs from many other games. The equipment cannot be purchased
even though it’s visible before it is unlocked in the upgrade tree. It confuses our players as we noticed
from the feedback. So we added the Quick Check functions, by clicking the purchase
button in the market section, it jumps right to the upgrade tree, for leading the players to perceive
the way to obtain the equipment.

Rip having your dudes man the catapults and rip charge spam.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

quote:

Rip having your dudes man the catapults and rip charge spam.

Wonder why they took off catapults?

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Applied to the legion as Oglogoth, this jank rear end game is tons of fun.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Applied as

MOSTHONOURABRU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Captain Beans posted:

press q to kick

press q to pull an enemy or their shield with an axe

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Legion is now full. We will get 20 more slots once we get to 20,000 points from playing the game. We are at 16,738 atm so we should get this by the end of today or tomorrow.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Splitting my Command time between Wu and Wei, gotta say I'm diggin Wei wei (heh) more right now though (currently T4 in both).

Every time I get into a T5 game, it's usually like 4 units of Wu sailors and 1 unit of something else. And when they make those dudes charge into my line of pikes, they die vuryvury fast.

Digging the metal armor from Wei. Most people bring stuff that hits leather/cloth. Not many dudes seem to bring crushing. So I take a lot less damage from most generals currently.

PVP mode is an absolute joke right now though. It's literally just 15v15 (or 20v20?) mosh pit where whoever stays in a zerg together more effectively wins. I unlocked the first 2 pvp EXPLOIT weapons, but I don't think I can grind the third. I don't have that kind of tolerance.

I enjoy the Siege mode quite a lot though. Lots of room for strategy. It also feels good sniping enemy generals with the ballistas and stapling them to a wall.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Splitting my Command time between Wu and Wei, gotta say I'm diggin Wei wei (heh) more right now though (currently T4 in both).

Every time I get into a T5 game, it's usually like 4 units of Wu sailors and 1 unit of something else. And when they make those dudes charge into my line of pikes, they die vuryvury fast.

Digging the metal armor from Wei. Most people bring stuff that hits leather/cloth. Not many dudes seem to bring crushing. So I take a lot less damage from most generals currently.

PVP mode is an absolute joke right now though. It's literally just 15v15 (or 20v20?) mosh pit where whoever stays in a zerg together more effectively wins. I unlocked the first 2 pvp EXPLOIT weapons, but I don't think I can grind the third. I don't have that kind of tolerance.

I enjoy the Siege mode quite a lot though. Lots of room for strategy. It also feels good sniping enemy generals with the ballistas and stapling them to a wall.

The sailors really benefit from a square formation/melee def formation or flanking. Something to keep in mind if you see a square formation of them coming is that they can power right through any pikes and spears and just annihilate them if the player times the multi-strike right.

I can't help but feel that the game's going to forever be scrublord pub matches in the early levels. Maybe once the initial rush wears off more people will get organized but right now people are more focused on grinding out new troop types and gear.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 29, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Tier 5 becomes a no poo poo more serious tier because of how strong units get.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So we can send replays to each other.

poo poo part is where we need to put them.

Do a good match? Post a replay.

If you want to test that out here you go. Here is a lovely 5 archer premade (us) on siege attack. Also people are confirming that if you are in a premade and get siege you will never get defense.

https://mega.nz/#!xl1y0ABZ!04GpLJU299xMf6B3Wicn810XcwYefU11dERUkAJbQF0

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Just after that we did a 4 man archer group. It also landed us on siege attack. The last guy on our team wasn't very happy and we got dropped against a group of roman lovers with heavy cav. :shepicide:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Just after that we did a 4 man archer group. It also landed us on siege attack. The last guy on our team wasn't very happy and we got dropped against a group of roman lovers with heavy cav. :shepicide:

I'm not sure what you were expecting from a PUB.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We got room for 20 more people now.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
someone implied upthread that there was a way to skip the tutorial is that true?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Bubblegum Cop posted:

someone implied upthread that there was a way to skip the tutorial is that true?

I don't know if that's true right now, but after tomorrows patch it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NessQuik
Jul 16, 2007
Applied as NessQuik

• Locked thread