Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
So when do Chicago switch up their special teams staff, you'd imagine it's gotta happen soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Peter Holland?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
But no, we can't sign Reimer back from the Sharks. No we'll resign Roman Pylon Polak.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Andersen has no glove and the Hawks know it

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Matthews is p. good at hockey.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

What the hell happened? Leafs went up by 2 so I turned the game of to go play some Stellaris. They only had like 7 minutes left to win.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Augh Marner so close

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Hawks got pretty dang lucky tonight, yikes

But I'll take it

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

What the hell happened? Leafs went up by 2 so I turned the game of to go play some Stellaris. They only had like 7 minutes left to win.

Clearly you should be playing Civ6

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

Babcock.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Furnaceface posted:

They Leafsed.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
gently caress I hate this.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
blech

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Furnaceface posted:

Andersen has been Toskalesque this season, and that continued.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Offense has me feeling euphoric but everything else is pretty loving depressing. Ah well.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

reach42 posted:

I don't know why Toronto's suffering brings me such joy.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Same thing that's happened every game so far, vets go into a shell, Andersen lets in questionable goals.

I wouldn't mind that much, fully half the team is still pretty bad, but the Leafs have 5 more years of this goalie instead of someone better or younger.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Martytoof posted:

Clearly you should be playing Civ6

Im not paying 80 Canadian pesos for a reskinned Civ5 that took a bunch of dumb ideas from Beyond Earth. :colbert:

e: Hawks win :toot:

Also it appears Crawford and Andersen have the same problem with high glove side shots, so I can at least share your pain in that regard.

e2: :catdrugs:, Habs, Bolts and Flyers also won. A good night for the good guys.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 23, 2016

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

DuhSal posted:

Offense has me feeling euphoric but everything else is pretty loving depressing. Ah well.

It's literally two poo poo lords on defense that are making life harder on an already lovely goalie. I hope someone comes down from the press box and tasers Babcock a few times.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

Im not paying 80 Canadian pesos for a reskinned Civ5 that took a bunch of dumb ideas from Beyond Earth. :colbert:

My friend bought it last night and won't shut up about it so I felt it was my duty to annoy others too.

I'm not paying $80 either because that's just laughable.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Stretch Marx posted:

It's literally two poo poo lords on defense that are making life harder on an already lovely goalie. I hope someone comes down from the press box and tasers Babcock a few times.

Steve Dangle is going to start making those insane videos about 15 games into this Leafs season, and I am going to be happy to watch them.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I like these grey uniforms on the Kings, looks like baseball.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Schlesische posted:

Steve Dangle is going to start making those insane videos about 15 games into this Leafs season, and I am going to be happy to watch them.

If Steve Dangle has some sort of mild seizure/aneurism and has to stop making videos for medical reasons then it was all worth it

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The Pens/Preds game is annoying to watch because I'm only glancing at the TV and it's hard to tell which team is which until I actually focus.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Furnaceface posted:

e: Hawks win :toot:

Also it appears Crawford and Andersen have the same problem with high glove side shots, so I can at least share your pain in that regard.

I was at the WBS Pens game, and Wilcox for the Syracuse Crunch has this exact same problem. Pens scored two shorties high glove side on back to back PKs in the second, then got their third goal high glove. I wonder if there is some weird coaching issue going around with goalie coaches and high glove shots, or are they just that much harder to save.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
It should really be Nylander, Matthews, Marner in the shootout every single loving time.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
There. Got 'em right where we want 'em.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

DuhSal posted:

It should really be Nylander, Matthews, Marner in the shootout every single loving time.

I think I startled my neighbours with how hard I laughed when Peter Holland was the first shooter

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Stars are just awful.

Sure looks right now that Jim Nill has squandered a season of having Tyler Seguin on a value contract by not addressing the defensive issues this team has.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Boy, the Pens sure could use Crosby and Letang.

This game is a poo poo show.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I said this yesterday but Werenski is super impressive out there so far this year

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
yay preds, don't die any more :toot:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Easiest 2 points Columbus will win this year. Disgraceful performance from Dallas on home ice. They didn't test Bobrovsky once.

It's time for management to get to loving work. They watched and did nothing while players were on waivers that could help this team, even while half the roster went on loving IR.

Ruff should take the jerseys away for the next couple days of practice. There's not one player out there tonight that deserves to wear the logo after that game. Make em practice in their shoulder pads.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Sbisa on the PK, great idea.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I went to an Orlando Solar Bears game and missed CBJ/Stars, but Top Cop :whatup:.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Trevor Bird posted:

yay preds, don't die any more :toot:

Thank you for beating the great Satan Pittsburgh. Now please give Juuse back to Milwaukee.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Late but way to go Burrows! Canucks have been awful this period.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Oh my god.. Allen with maybe contender for worst goal of the year.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
hahaha, the canucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
How in the holy gently caress do the Canucks keep doing this

• Locked thread