Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I need to get one pretty soon, im starting to get a little shaggy. I usually just have them shorten it up real nic so I can just run some hair junk through it real quick after showering and be good to go. One of m friends was tying to do the Macklemore thing for a while and I made fun of him a lot about it and he finally stopped, that isa different type of haircut than what I like to get

What kind of haircuts do you get? How often do you go? Is there one type of haircut you would never get and think looks really dumb? Dye your hair?? Idk lets talk about it guys, lets figure this thing out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My barber told me in barber school people would pour the barbercide through a loaf of bread to "filter" it then drank it to get hosed up.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i almost cut my hair

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i shave my head in the shower with a 99c razor op

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My barber told me in barber school people would pour the barbercide through a loaf of bread to "filter" it then drank it to get hosed up.

I think I'd rather just drink liquor :pwn:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i keep it short becuase i'm lazy af

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I use to just buz all my hair off like evey 6 months and then let it grow until it got really long and buzz again but now I try to look more consistent

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Get a big stinkin Afro op.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I do 2 and finger length and cut it myself since they let the cat out of the bag and said they use a 5 on top and blend it with a 3. I save a butt load of money on haircuts and allocate the saving to liquor and gambling.

Kuato fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 24, 2016

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I have a high hairline, so I have to keep my hair long-ish to disguise said hairline (and also because I look like I'm 12 when my hair is short). Despite this, it grows in thickly clustered layers, so I have to spend like 50 bucks to have someone knows what they're doing to cut it lest it gets butchered.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Colin Kapernick 4ever

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i got banned from my local barber cuz the clippers cant hnandle hair of my magnitude'

it wont stop growing :tinfoil:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

im white :sigh:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nooner posted:

oh, asymmetric bobs are reall popular now then.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
There are only two acceptable non homo haircut for men: the flattop or the buzz cut

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nooner posted:

Fuckin racist, grow a fro dude.

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!

satanic splash-back posted:

i almost cut my hair

Did it happen just the other day?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

FedEx Mercury posted:

There are only two acceptable non homo haircut for men: the flattop or the buzz cut

what about the high and tight? is that for homos now too :ohdear:

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

FedEx Mercury posted:

I guess MY SEXUALITY WAS TURNED INTO A MEME BY IDIOTS, then.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Leroy Dennui posted:

I guess MY SEXUALITY WAS TURNED INTO A MEME BY IDIOTS, then.

Lol duh

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

You're gonna want a fauxhawk in the front and a manbun on the back. Tell em to go ahead and cut your dick & balls off while you're at it.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
Early on in my marriage I got really sick of paying someone 20 dollars a month to cut my hair. 8 years later my wife does a pretty good job. My going bald has nothing to do with it though.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i carry around a picture of a dead unknown WWII soldier in my wallet and show it to the lady, if it's the usual lady then she already knows

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I used to cut it short because I was lazy, now I grew my hair out up top and get an undercut so I can look like the Stasi trendy

e: desperately trying to avoid the Macklemore look as well

Kinson
Nov 25, 2007

Working hard for the money.
My Wife is a stylist so I just sit and she does what she wants. She has to be seen in public with me so I figure I'm safe.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I've often been told my hair is one of my best features. I keep it pretty much the same as when I was young (mid-80's); short-ish, feathered on the sides and tapered in the back. It looks great when I get it cut by a good stylist, and I always get lots of compliments. Maybe because I tend to let it get too long sometimes?

Has it been anyone else's experience that a bad/mediocre cut starts looking better after a week or so?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
My stylist is firmly convinced we can go from the current dark ash brown color to platinum in one visit. I think she's full of poo poo, but we'll see after halloween. Prob gonna take like 5 hours and my butts going to get numb sitting in the chair. Also the receptionist gives me dirty looks when I try to sneak out in the hair cutting smock and a head full of dye to go have a smoke.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

hell yeah

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

King Possum III posted:

I've often been told my hair is one of my best features. I keep it pretty much the same as when I was young (mid-80's); short-ish, feathered on the sides and tapered in the back. It looks great when I get it cut by a good stylist, and I always get lots of compliments. Maybe because I tend to let it get too long sometimes?

Has it been anyone else's experience that a bad/mediocre cut starts looking better after a week or so?

Dude, feathered hair went away with Rick Springfield. Your friends are v nice tho!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i take a bic razor to my head every tuesday

i do this because i'm going bald. i'm so slick no one will notice.

everyone notices.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I'm at cost cutters with my kid now, he's getting a cut but I don't like to get one at the same time because we ask for the same haircut and I feel that reflects badly on my haircut imagination - number four clipper on the sides and back and scissor trim on top. Same thing for like 30 years.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

When I was a kid I had blond hair and now that I've hit adulthood it's brown. My haircuts have not changed much because I have a cowlick parting it over to the left.
It does tend to grow pretty thick, though, so I tend to break the buzz clippers when it goes short for Summer fun.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
What's the difference between hair and fur anyway ? Fur seems better. Idk. Bears don't have to go to the barber

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Decebal posted:

What's the difference between hair and fur anyway ? Fur seems better. Idk. Bears don't have to go to the barber

Technically there is none.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-is-the-difference-be/

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bill NYSE posted:

When I was a kid I had blond hair and now that I've hit adulthood it's brown. My haircuts have not changed much because I have a cowlick parting it over to the left.
It does tend to grow pretty thick, though, so I tend to break the buzz clippers when it goes short for Summer fun.

What's with all the goons with 8 gauge hair strands?

Myron Baloney posted:

I'm at cost cutters with my kid now, he's getting a cut but I don't like to get one at the same time because we ask for the same haircut and I feel that reflects badly on my haircut imagination - number four clipper on the sides and back and scissor trim on top. Same thing for like 30 years.

4 is too long. I'm a huge prick.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I use a flowbee.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i had a korean lady cut my hair while i was in the US and she had a mini-hoover to suck up the loose hair and why isn't that a thing in england

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Three Olives posted:

I use a flowbee.

It shows.

More like BlowMee.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
my mom cuts my hair