Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Well then you'll be pleased to know that on Raw Talk afterwards, Roman claimed he wanted to go for the Universal Title now and later on Jericho and Owens told him to bring it on!

And this time he will be cheered.........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

triplexpac posted:

Roman is going to get booed out of the building in Toronto and I can't wait

Me too. I can't wait to finally see New Day and joining the thunderous BOOOOOOOS for Roman. I don't find him that bad.... I just like to boo him. See Vince? You were right all along.

The forums turned my souring of Sasha from sad to funny. Thank you PSP. Sasha should be given an old gimmick to rework: Sasha Hopper, daughter of TL. BOOK IT!
She already has a theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXw-N3tuni0

I'll allow it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Becky-Alexa in Glasgow will be better than Sasha-Charlotte.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Owens vs Rollins was an absolutely stellar match, that was what I've been waiting for from those two since this dumb feud started. Everything else on the show was good, solid stuff. I feel so god drat sorry for the Cruiserweights...

But lets talk about the elephant in the room: The moment they said the Universal Title match was next me and my friends lost our poo poo because the women were getting the main event. Then out came Charlotte and we lost it even more. We were sitting there blabbering about how they'd actually managed to create the Big Fight Feel despite two earlier cell matches and it really did seem like it was HISTORY IN THE MAKING.

And then there was 20 minutes of table spot selling and all the energy was gone just like that. The brawl even started off cool before they decided to gently caress around with the god drat table oversell. What the gently caress were they THINKING? And then to make matters worse when Sasha finally did the drat Foley spot and fought back into the match, we had to endure another 10 minutes of boredom because she had to keep selling like she'd been nearly killed by the table. Who in the back thought anyone wanted the first 30 minutes of this match to be almost nothing happening? And of course the anti-climatic as gently caress ending was god awful. Even if the table had broken it would have been god awful because then she would have had to drag Sasha out of the wreck and stalk her before the Natural Selection. Why didn't she just do a loving corner table spear? Roman didn't do one.

Ugggg. I'm so mad. They loving had it and they dropped the ball a way any idiot could have told them was a dumb idea. The agents pissed on something truly special. At least the last ten minutes of the match was cool before the dumb ending. I really liked that "crush the throat between the table and the cage," spot and using the chair to smack the exposed abdomen on the Figure Eight was a great idea even if the swing was hosed up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kendrick/TJP rematch tonight

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://twitter.com/SawftSoup/status/792937973356474369

Punished Kendrick will retain

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

a.lo posted:

roman reigns should have saved seth rollins from christ jericho and kevin owens. the crowd would have gone wild for roman reigns.

Man, remember how Seth saved Roman from getting choked out by Rusev?

Fast forward to last night and Roman is making fun of Seth for losing a 2-on-1.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
'Vince screwed up even worse because the original finish of that match was Sasha Banks going over. And why that was changed - I mean there's a reason but I don't know the reason, other than the decision was made to go with Charlotte and Bayley sooner than later. Like sooner than it originally was gonna be. Why? I don't know. Because they managed to cool Bayley off so much right now that it's like - if it was three weeks ago, I'd go 'ok go with it. she's more over than sasha' - but now I'm not even excited for Charlotte and Bayley." - Dave Meltzer

[vinceflexinfrontofburningmoney.jpg]

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Saving Sasha and Bayley for their own personal elimination chamber at Wrestlemania.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Chris James 2 posted:

Rematch of a rematch of a rematch...

Are there only two cruiserweights or something?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sasha-Bayley texas death scaffold match.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

Good get it out of the way so Cedric can chase for the title; in retrospect he should have won it all instead, should have swapped places with TJP in the CWC

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I know friends of Sasha who she told that afternoon she was winning. That part really is true. Some ended up thinking Sasha got hurt mid match and an audible was called.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

ThePariah posted:

She got cheered too much.

Wrestling fans ruin everything.

Why can't we just cheer the fuckin bad guys :argh:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

My cousin was at the Smackdown house show last night and... well I guess her friends aren't much into wrestling.

mods please namechange me to Steve Coldstone Astin?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

RacistGuidingLight posted:

lmao President Gerald FORD hahaha
That's his gimmick name, his shoot name is Leslie Lynch King.

He's the Ricky Steamboat of the White House.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

rovert posted:

I know friends of Sasha who she told that afternoon she was winning. That part really is true. Some ended up thinking Sasha got hurt mid match and an audible was called.

The finish was changed to punish Sasha for being a loving idiot you heard it here first folks

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

Some ended up thinking Sasha got hurt mid match

Hosed up if true.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Does anyone else really not mind when a belt is traded back and forth between two wreslers in a lengthy feud? To me that's not devaluing it, it's using the feud to make it more important. Devaluing would be hot potatoing it around the entire division. Building it between two evenly matched wrestlers who can beat each other for it on any given day is fine with me, because it becomes all about wanting the belt. Then someone new always comes along into the title scene to shake things up.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

That election was rigged. IŽll tell you if i respect the will of the forums...if more Alexa pics are posted. :smugdon:

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Maybe they should stop trying to push Sasha. Her safety record makes Ahmed Johnson look like Kane

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Tir McDohl posted:

Maybe they should stop trying to push Sasha. Her safety record makes Ahmed Johnson look like Kane

You guys are killing me with the hyperbole. Yes, like Sasha will kill herself in the ring. I didn't want anyone to trip over themselves trying to run that joke further in the ground.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

sticklefifer posted:

Does anyone else really not mind when a belt is traded back and forth between two wreslers in a lengthy feud? To me that's not devaluing it, it's using the feud to make it more important. Devaluing would be hot potatoing it around the entire division. Building it between two evenly matched wrestlers who can beat each other for it on any given day is fine with me, because it becomes all about wanting the belt. Then someone new always comes along into the title scene to shake things up.

Oh, I don't mind. My problem is: you have a HIAC match in a wrestler's hometown and it's the main event and I feel like it's a good time to end the feud for a bit.

You could've had Sasha/Nia for a spell and then tease the Bayley-Sasha stuff. If Sasha starts flagging, or gets hurt, you could always figure out a way to put it back on Charlotte and do Charlotte-Bayley

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
People comparing Sasha to Ahmed Johnson didn't actually watch Ahmed Johnson back in the day. He was dogshit while also hurting himself and others.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wow yeah nothing at all like Sasha Banks.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

JT Smiley posted:

You guys are killing me with the hyperbole. Yes, like Sasha will kill herself in the ring. I didn't want anyone to trip over themselves trying to run that joke further in the ground.

Run it into the ground because thats where Sasha will be when she dies. Because she's dangerous. At Wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Benne posted:

People comparing Sasha to Ahmed Johnson didn't actually watch Ahmed Johnson back in the day. He was dogshit while also hurting himself and others.

I have watched all of 1995-1998 Raw.

I was being hyperbolic to fit in

Ahmed Johnson owned even though he couldn't take two steps without tripping and breaking his ankle while accidentally snapping someone's neck

• Locked thread