Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

If the World Series goes to game 5, HIAC's competing with it

WCW Triple Cell opens the show.

1 Roman Reigns (c) vs. Rusev (with Lana) Hell in a Cell match for the WWE United States Championship[12]
2 Kevin Owens (c) vs. Seth Rollins Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Universal Championship[13]
3 Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Heyman's sputtering like Porky Pig was odd. That whole promo was odd.

Next week Brock sees Goldberg in a mirror, but Heyman doesn't see Goldberg.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was a weird, terrible show. Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas were the highlight of that show.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

Like, that was the worst heyman promo in years right? I am not crazy?

Also good for Rusev cutting a face promo.

I haven't actually seen Heyman cut a bad promo til today. That that that that that that that that's sad times.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That segment bombed. Heyman wasn't able to improvise. Lesnar act is boring and that match will be a trainwreck which is a shame because Goldbergs return was a feel good moment.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 25, 2016

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Big dog

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

CarlCX posted:

That was a weird, terrible show. Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas were the highlight of that show.

That and Brock laughing at the fans chanting "Goldberg sucks". The Enzo chanting without a mic seemed like it would be really cool in person. New Day is alright and the crowd loves them but even I am beginning to get bored of both E&C and New Day. Still wish all those guys well and I have to see New Day before they break up. I think if either had a compelling program I might get excited but.... they have both been spinning their wheels for ages. Really want Gallows and Anderson off WWE. I really liked em in NJPW but in WWE they are just another bland tag team. Wish WWE had more tag teams. Smackdown at least has the Usos, American Alpha and SlayGore to fight among the jobbers and you never know if your champs will lose.

Also Jericho and KO seemed off their game. KO gave a generic WWE heel promo and he's far better than that. I know its way too commonplace to say "Vince wrote it all" but.... sure seemed like typical Vince led Raw from the past decade. Could see him telling Jericho and KO to turn down the humour a dash.

edit: I've seen Heyman bring the goods and improvise... it was either an off night or maybe some old fart told him not to go off script no matter what.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The only way I'll buy this as a triple main event is if all three matches happen at the same time.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
They may not have ruined the heat from the eventual KO/Jericho program, but tonight sure didn't help.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Von_Doom posted:

That and Brock laughing at the fans chanting "Goldberg sucks". The Enzo chanting without a mic seemed like it would be really cool in person. New Day is alright and the crowd loves them but even I am beginning to get bored of both E&C and New Day. Still wish all those guys well and I have to see New Day before they break up. I think if either had a compelling program I might get excited but.... they have both been spinning their wheels for ages. Really want Gallows and Anderson off WWE. I really liked em in NJPW but in WWE they are just another bland tag team. Wish WWE had more tag teams. Smackdown at least has the Usos, American Alpha and SlayGore to fight among the jobbers and you never know if your champs will lose.

Also Jericho and KO seemed off their game. KO gave a generic WWE heel promo and he's far better than that. I know its way too commonplace to say "Vince wrote it all" but.... sure seemed like typical Vince led Raw from the past decade. Could see him telling Jericho and KO to turn down the humour a dash.

edit: I've seen Heyman bring the goods and improvise... it was either an off night or maybe some old fart told him not to go off script no matter what.

I got the feeling that Heyman and/or Brock told them this just wasn't going to play in that city, and management told them to do it anyway, and so Paul was just prepared to bomb it. Brock's laugh kind of read to me like "I told you so."

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
the problem with new day is that we're in that point where no feud feels like it matters until the title reign record is broken. It feels so stagnant, and it's gridlocked the tag team division and made sure that any opposing act, like The Club, are going to lose and look like chumps. The humor and act have gotten stale because there is no threat to them, which makes the Cesaro and Shaemus team feel like an even larger waste of the two since they won't be winning the belts. We're gonna get a little less than two more months of the New Day, and I'm sure The Club is taking them. It's nothing against the New Day as talents, because they're still amazing, but they're holding up much better opportunities for story telling having been the champs this long. I would be happy if they broke the record, went on to lose at the next PPV, and then never, ever have another team chase the record because it's drat near made me numb to any tag team match.

This happened with Nikki as well, having the long rear end reign as Diva's champ until finally Charlotte took it off her right after beating AJ's reign.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Certainly some impressive pecs!

:popeye:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

to be a gross internet person, dana brooks is the sexiest diva since trish stratus.

i may have a type

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
That Brian Kendrick segment was REALLY weird.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Weeks and weeks of hype, a whole tournament show dedicated to presenting it, and the Cruiserweight division is already down to a cumulative 10 minutes of a 3 hour show.

Stay in Japan, Tozawa. :ohdear:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sticklefifer posted:

Weeks and weeks of hype, a whole tournament show dedicated to presenting it, and the Cruiserweight division is already down to a cumulative 10 minutes of a 3 hour show.

Cruiserweight Revolution!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

quote:

Jericho walked up to Jinder Mahal, who told Jericho that he would have to find inner peace in order to find the list. Mahal started breathing, but Jericho starting saying "stupid idiot" in cadance with Mahal's breathing.

I'm loving dying

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Heyman's sputtering like Porky Pig was odd. That whole promo was odd.

I think the sputtering was him hoping the crowd would jump on him "loving up" to chant Goldberg, then trying to force it in less and less subtle ways until by the end he was just yelling "LOOK JUST CHANT GOLDBERG OKAY" into the unfeeling void

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So how the hell was Braun walking out not a countout victory for Zayn? He got back in the ring and then it just ended. Did the referee call it off for kicking too much rear end?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Where were you when Mick Foley had a mental breakdown with two women in the ring

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Raw is legit the worst show on tv and I truthfully wish it was cancelled.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So how long will it take Sasha to grow a Foley beard after getting almost paralyzed at HiAC?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Raw would be less uncomfortable to watch if they would go ahead and play the crowd reactions they want over the PA system like the Falcons

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Cavauro posted:

Raw would be less uncomfortable to watch if they would go ahead and play the crowd reactions they want over the PA system like the Falcons

I'm not sure hearing a non-stop "Roman Reigns" chant for 3 hours is going to make RAW any more watchable.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

the problem with new day is that we're in that point where no feud feels like it matters until the title reign record is broken. It feels so stagnant, and it's gridlocked the tag team division and made sure that any opposing act, like The Club, are going to lose and look like chumps. The humor and act have gotten stale because there is no threat to them, which makes the Cesaro and Shaemus team feel like an even larger waste of the two since they won't be winning the belts. We're gonna get a little less than two more months of the New Day, and I'm sure The Club is taking them. It's nothing against the New Day as talents, because they're still amazing, but they're holding up much better opportunities for story telling having been the champs this long. I would be happy if they broke the record, went on to lose at the next PPV, and then never, ever have another team chase the record because it's drat near made me numb to any tag team match.

This happened with Nikki as well, having the long rear end reign as Diva's champ until finally Charlotte took it off her right after beating AJ's reign.

Basically, long rear end title reigns get really stale after a while, especially if you know they're exactly how long it's going to be.

Maybe things would be better if the New Day had some more compelling teams to face off against, but they've gotten to a point where they're just throwing two random people together to face them and hoping people will care.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Thank god they're at least using Charlotte's last name again. Like, you shouldn't be hiding that she is the daughter of literally the greatest wrestler of all time. Plus "Flair" is on all her t shirts and poo poo

Sasha's soooo bad on the mic, ugh. They should still go on last at HIAC, since it might be the best angle going right now. Thats not saying much

Trade Randy Orton for Jericho please, then just let Raw deteriorate towards its natural conclusion with Stephanie McMahon as universal champion

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Plus "Flair" is on all her t shirts and poo poo

She should probably see a doctor about that

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That was a good promo from Foley at least

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

sticklefifer posted:

Really shows the difference between Triple H and Vince.

Really, the lesson that keeps cropping up is "Enjoy it while you can, because Vince will ruin it."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Raw cancelled and replaced with a weekly Westminster Dog Show reality show.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Vince McMahon and his team of 600 writers and we get a firey babyface promo from Rusev, and a heel promo from Paul Heyman in Lesnar's home town.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
I hope Rusev stands up to that mean bully Roman Reigns and defends his wife's honor from his unprovoked attacks at Hell in a Cell.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Man, you could hear a pin drop during that Sasha/Charlotte/Foley contract signing.

Brutal.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Neodoomium posted:

That was a good promo from Foley at least

I didn't think so. It was long, repetitive and corny.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
How was Raw? I didn't watch any of it and I'm not reading those words in the OP either

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

There was no reason for Mick Foley to weirdly insert himself into the signing.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Is it just me or does Charlotte always look on the verge of tears during promos?

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

There was no reason for Mick Foley to weirdly insert himself into the signing.

You're right, it should have been another self-congratulatory moment for Stephanie instead of the guy who arguably made Hell In The Cell the icon that it is.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Corzaa posted:

Is it just me or does Charlotte always look on the verge of tears during promos?

You're right, it should have been another self-congratulatory moment for Stephanie instead of the guy who arguably made Hell In The Cell the icon that it is.

or it could have been about people actually in the match that they're hyping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

WadeBartender posted:

or it could have been about people actually in the match that they're hyping

They always spend as much time talking up how ~SADISTIC~ the cell is as they do talking about the people in it. Foley screaming about bones grinding at least puts more of a face on it than a 5 minute promo video.

• Locked thread