Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

E: gently caress me I forgot to tag this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Hey Intruder, if Brock ever registered here, would you ban him?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

ANOTHER loving NATIONAL GAME FOR THE BEARS WHY GOD WHY :psyberger:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I was worried preseason about the cards-panthers rematch, but now I just expect Bad Football.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Another week. How many more Browns qb's will die? Will Hue commit seppuku on the sidelines?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

I was worried preseason about the cards-panthers rematch, but now I just expect Bad Football.

Is Cam back?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

JPrime posted:

Is Cam back?

maybe? but they haven't looked good with him either.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Qwijib0 posted:

You're going to kill them.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shangri-Law School posted:

ANOTHER loving NATIONAL GAME FOR THE BEARS WHY GOD WHY :psyberger:

Preseason there was a little hope

also

The Chicago metropolitan area, or Chicagoland, is the metropolitan area associated with the city of Chicago, Illinois, and its suburbs. With a population of 9.9 million people, it is the third largest metropolitan area in the United States.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Hey Intruder, if Brock ever registered here, would you ban him?

I haven't banned you so obviously I set a high bar

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Suddenly feeling less apprehensive about playing in Houston this week. Granted Rodgers had a bounce-back game against Detroit a few weeks ago but Osweiler is no Rodgers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/Ripdosia3746/status/790762678662856704

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Brockenstein posted:

I haven't banned you so obviously I set a high bar

Hope he doesn't hit his head on the way in! :haw:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Qwijib0 posted:

Preseason there was a little hope

also

The Chicago metropolitan area, or Chicagoland, is the metropolitan area associated with the city of Chicago, Illinois, and its suburbs. With a population of 9.9 million people, it is the third largest metropolitan area in the United States.

Are the Bears even that big of a draw? Even when they were good, I never saw as much buzz around them like you would with the Pats/Steelers/Packers/NFC East teams, at least on the level of "if we put them on primetime everybody will watch no matter how good the team is." It just seems like they assume Big Market=Ratings when that doesn't really seem to be the case.

At any rate, the Cubs are in the World Series so good luck getting anyone in Chicago to give a poo poo about this game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans have scored 10 touchdowns in 7 games

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Qwijib0 posted:

But you guys are going to win?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I remember in the offseason I kept saying "All Brock has to do is be league average"

lol

There is not a single QB in the league who has made a start this season who I wouldn't swap Brock for

Not one

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Suddenly feeling less apprehensive about playing in Houston this week. Granted Rodgers had a bounce-back game against Detroit a few weeks ago but Osweiler is no Rodgers.

We'll find out if the Lions can make any quarterback look good, or if Brock Osweiler can make any defense look good. Perhaps it'll be both.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Brockenstein posted:

I remember in the offseason I kept saying "All Brock has to do is be league average"

lol

There is not a single QB in the league who has made a start this season who I wouldn't swap Brock for

Not one

Please do not give Baalke any ideas for adding more bad quarterbacks.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

King Hong Kong posted:

Please do not give Baalke any ideas for adding more bad quarterbacks.

...or maybe do :haw:?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brockenstein posted:

lol

Not one

Geno?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i would take Geno in a heartbeat over Osweiler.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

At least Geno only costs about 1 million, tops?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Looks like Arian Foster hung it up. Good for him for realizing his limit was met while other guys ruin themselves. :unsmith:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article110259787.html

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Brockenstein posted:

The Texans have scored 10 touchdowns in 7 games

The Houston Texans equal one Melvin Gordon.

It's Chargers/Broncos week. Didn't we just loving do this.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Brockenstein posted:

lol

Not one

Will you be able to say this next sunday when Kevin Hogan starts, tho

Also don't forget Geno Smith

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Brockenstein posted:

lol

Not one

Clipboard Jesus and/or RG3?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

There are people on Texans forums that swear that we need to give Osweiler more time to get chemistry.

I'm not sure what games they are watching but they are not the same ones I am. Brock is done. He's loving done. He's not a starting NFL quarterback in the slightest.

Chemistry doesn't fix horrible accuracy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Clipboard Jesus and/or RG3?

I would take both

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Jacobbq Brisket?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Brock "Rob Johnson" Oswieler

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brockenstein posted:

I would take both

Landry Jones. And I don't care if he looked decent by Landry Jones standards on Sunday, no, you would not take him (aside from contract considerations).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kirios posted:

There are people on Texans forums that swear that we need to give Osweiler more time to get chemistry.

I'm not sure what games they are watching but they are not the same ones I am. Brock is done. He's loving done. He's not a starting NFL quarterback in the slightest.

Chemistry doesn't fix horrible accuracy.

There are still people who think Manziel needed more time

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He did need more time, just on the bench. He was not near ready to play in real games.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
The contract is bad but at least it's only two years so they can move on from Brock just in time for Nuk to go somewhere else

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The 49ers are going to win the bye week by trading all our old veterans for draft picks so we can rebuild around our fresh young talent.

Unfortunately, all of our fresh young talent is well on the way to washing out of the league within the next two years from accumulated injuries.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CharlestheHammer posted:

He did need more time, just on the bench. He was not near ready to play in real games.

He mainly needed a brain transplant with someone who gave a single gently caress about football.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
November 1st is the trading deadline and as far as I know Torrey Smith is the only player on the block

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Haynesworth is still the worst FA contract ever, but good effort Brock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

wyoak posted:

Haynesworth is still the worst FA contract ever, but good effort Brock

Might be closer than you think, a team can function without an effective DT, but if you have a bad QB, you need a lights out defense, a great OL, and a fantastic RB to even have a chance of sniffing the playoffs.

• Locked thread