Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ty1990 posted:

I know their roster is sort of a weird fit but I think Indy is getting overlooked big time in the East.

I think it's the opposite, most people are expecting them to be better this year. In fact I think they're gonna stink and I've never once been wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Sharparoni posted:

Davis vs Towns vs :siren:JOEL EMBIID!!!:siren: is gonna make for a fun decade of Big Man Ball.

Agreed, jockeying for second place behind Jokic isn't shameful.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/790568826802929664

the Pistons' confrontationally bland #DetroitBasketball almost loops around into being good

LakeShow with Luke Walkton

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

ozymandius1024 posted:

Pistons fan checking in. Totally ready for some Ish Smith and Beno Udrih point guarding for the first couple months of the season (kill me)

It won't be much more painful than watching Reggie do his weird bat stuff

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/OTLonESPN/status/789560310344650752

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
KD played well last night and he's really good on defense and I wish he was on my team even if I don't like him very much

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

leftist heap posted:

are box scores anywhere to be found on the new nba site? when i click on the game it just takes me to the league pass replay.

yahoo sports only for box scores

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

I just learned that Devin Harris sprained his big toe that didn't have experimental surgery. This guy is just unlucky with big toes I guess.

Toe Harris sounds like a plausible 70's ABA name so I see no reason not to think of him that way. Canon updated

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

My takeaway from the game is dipo looked nervous and needs to pass the ball. Also Russ might actually raise his rebound average to double digits

He always looks nervous, the stupid stuff he does just sometimes ends up falling. It's gonna be nerve-wracking for you but i wish for the best

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Bulls signed RJ Hunter

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I'm sure russell "my brother is the fattest man in the world" westbrook just spends all of his time taunting fat people on camera

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

a new study bible! posted:

The NBA has always been that way though so it doesn't matter unless they created a cool system for distributing draft picks. Give the championship winner pick 30, the worst team in the league pick 29, the championship runner up pick 28, second worse 27, and so on.

Some sort of bell curve model where the teams that are right on the cusp of the playoffs get the best picks would be cool and rad. It would also force the worst teams to get better in free agency before they could start getting decent picks.

Just curious, how would teams force themselves to get better at free agency if they're perennial losers who also can't get a draft pick

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

much lessbrook seems like a nice man

He's great and Russ seems to love him a lot. I like a family man

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

The best way to build a team is to buy another bad team's lotto picks with aging expensive vets and then become a mediocre playoff team with above average regular season stars.

You can't really spin Boston's situation to be a bad one even if you try to be as stupid and reductive as possible

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

?????

I'm saying it's the best possible ?

I'm so used to people being sarcastic about Boston that I've become bitter. Sorry mate.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Shear Modulus posted:

imo visiting teams should be able to eject one fan per half

Court Rules: Jury Selection

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
All ref crews are replaced by the cast of Night Court

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

chunkles posted:

instead he was arrested in connection with a grenade launcher

jesus christ :stonk:

Trust the abscess

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Dwyane Wade's Riley Revenge tour is going to be fantastic

Lessail posted:

Thank you bulls :)

This is the dorkiest post possible

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Stealth Tiger posted:

My favorite Ernie moment is this one time when Shaq was like, "I come from Newark, the school of hard knocks. The one and only, Brick City"

And Ernie's like, "Shaq we aren't talking about your free throws right now."

I liked the time Isiah Thomas said the words "New York is not for everybody" and Ernie started laughing really hard at him and Isiah asked "Why you laugh"

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Respect Kraft Singler

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

RaySmuckles posted:

for now i don't see him going anywhere. this is his best chance for that illusive title.

Now i'm thinking about a swerve where golden state wins the title but it turns out there was never a title to win

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

RaySmuckles posted:

curry takes the trophy from silver and as he raises it it turns to sand in his hands. the lights turn off and the audience fades away. the warriors find themselves standing in an abandoned lot at dawn. a single man pushing a broom in the distance. is that...confetti?

lol, its beautiful

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

falling flipper

season 12 of always sunny is shaping up to be a monster

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spring Break My Heart posted:

1. Which season was this?
2. I feel like you're either really overrating Bird's defense here.

Actually he's factually correct about Larry Bird's defense in the context it was presented

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Haha

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Thursday is the first OKC - GSW game. Get in

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ammanas posted:

This should be a nationally televised game

It's on TNT, fret not

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

How can you even pretend to be excited about that

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Papercut posted:

Evan Turner deal looking bett.... ugh gently caress this I can't even do it.

:[

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

leftist heap posted:

Westbrook is averaging a triple double per game since Oladipo joined the team.

Hahah, now this I like

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Jokic is one of the best passing young big men -

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Wilbur Swain posted:

I'm not gonna read all these posts. Has there been discussion on the rather important topic of the Spurs' new HEB ads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs31FIY_l9M

Yeah, so next time read the posts. Every single one

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

kiimo posted:

I'm not usually down with tattoos but you're right it's pretty great. He reminds me of a 7 foot Khal Drogo.

His mom's Tongan, and Tongans have the coolest tattoos on the planet

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spoeank posted:

You know Bron froze some of those to eat if they win again this year like a goddamned wedding cake

Money's tight but he probably has enough to get the same baker to make an updated one

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spoeank posted:

He won't be celebrating the new victory. He'll be celebrating the anniversary of the first time he vanquished the Warriors.

Symbolism man.

After they win the next 5 titles he's gonna end up like elaine when she ate the old cake

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

Doesn't his wife have a bakery?

A cursory search reveals a juice bar, which isn't as cool as a bakery, but still slightly cool

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

it closed down because it was the most generic concept

All she needed to do was create a goddamn creative cleveland juice bar. Why can't i get these opportunites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

it was in Miami, a crowded juice bar market. You can't just open up a juice bar and not brand yourself with any differentiation from your competitors

The article I read said she was opening one in Cleveland too so she double biffed it

• Locked thread