Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
Hi everybody.

I enjoy these threads, and I always learn something new and/or get a hearty chuckle out of them.

A little about me...
Aquarius, enjoys long walks and hot takes.
I mostly lurk, and recently had my dumb username changed to a slightly less-dumb username.
Advanced statistics make my head hurt.
The Houston Rockets are both my pride and my shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty

chunkles posted:

post more. i need other people to help me spread lies about how james harden plays good defense.

I won't say 'good' but meet me at 'adequate' and that's a lie I'll spread and believe.

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
At the 3 alphas game, watching the Cubs game.
Woop woop!

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
Watching the Vice channel, and these two very New York-ish dudes have a show where they discuss sports and pop culture. Anyway, they go on to say that both NBA superteams both lost by 29 points on opening night.

Are the Knicks actually considered a "superteam"?
I mean by people who are not in or from NY?

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
Yes, but his post game hat rating has to be off the charts.

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty

Boosh! posted:

Houston is pretty bad too.

I'll contend that they weren't always this bad. In fact, Calvin Murphy had a certain folksy charm, was often critical of Rockets play (and management, which is partly why he's gone) and occasionally offered really good insight about the game.
This is, of course, when he was not busy siring children.

But really, does anyone expect a truly objective home announcer anywhere?

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
Stacy King is so bad he loops back around to almost good. "Hot Sawce!"

Reggie Miller is hands down the worst announcer. He manages to say dumb poo poo in a way that annoys the hell out of me.

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty

Shear Modulus posted:

hahahahaha

LeBron would have been a better candidate for President than Hillary

He would have carried OH and maybe FL...

Just crawling out of my hidey hole to discover that Embiid tweet and Stan rant. I love this league for so many reasons.

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty

R.D. Mangles posted:

hoiberg looks exactly like the first sheriff's deputy to get eaten by the monster

Gar Foreman looks like the gov't official that denies the existence of any "monster" and also touts that the sheriff's department is now younger and more athletic.

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
Still can't believe that they broke up that Clutch City team the year after a chip to bring Barkley in. A Cubanesque move...

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
It makes my day whenever the Rockets beat that particular team like a circus monkey.

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
Pippen was an athletic specimen and was decent to really good at almost everything both ways. But what's overlooked is that he had a natural feel for the game that put him in the right place at the right time to do a lot of things that won't show up on a stat sheet. It's kind of a cliche, but I've seen him poke balls loose, tip rebounds (before it was popular), catch oops, bother opposing offenses at all positions, and generally help a play unfold the right way. He had a head for the game, and Scottie on your team (unless it's that Rockets season) helps you win in a dozen little ways.

That Rockets season was also an aberration, because Tomjanovich tried to turn him into a spot up catch-and-shoot 3 point shooter. It's not really his best usage, and it didn't take long for him to fall into a pout spiral that year.

Please Eat A Vegetable fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 12, 2017

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
Someone had to be nuts to trade these two for each other.

Nuts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty

Sheriff posted:

J.R. Smith seems like he'd be a fun friend to have but maybe take an Uber

• Locked thread